Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
mmmm lessons learned says tony 19:21 - Aug 18 with 703 viewsnumptydumpty

I am and always will be a rangers fan.
I been saddled with the club since age of five - am fifty now

I went to home game last weekend and the stadium was bereft of atmosphere and in the first half we took the lead and there was within our team a performance of note from ebere eze.

Now previously even though it was a pretty painful defeat I left the ground feeling resigned to the club we are today.

Eze is a decent prospect - its depressing in these days of big money football but he will outgrow our club.

When mr fernandes took over the excitement was immense - promises of big money signings , top managers and eventually competing with the very best. A new stadium and fantastic new training facilities.

What is it seven years now and we have no cash, we have lost many experienced players and not really got anyone in to replace them.

Ok we have been hit by ffp - now that was criminal in the first place - our administrators broke the rules - we were told dont worry its under control - we got a fudged deal but its going to impact on the club for a long time going forwards.

I dont want to hear any supposed good news re a new stadium - thats baloney - it aint ever going to happen. I come to terms with it so tony please come to terms with that one as well.

Your plan a, b and c have backfired - its not happening so please I wish to hear of that no more.

I would say the only appointment of a new manager that I have been ok with was holloway - the guy did strange substitutions but if the paln was to cut costs and rely on youth then keep the guy that these players are used to.

Holloway for all his madness is a bit of father figure type of a manager - do it for me son type of motivator -we have brought in mclaren

Ok I thought - interesting - wheres this going

I was not sure - but what has happened since mmm.

Mclaren was a name once upon a time - TF said he had got over his wanting everyones autograph type of appointments.

Mclaren was one of many that were flattered by his association with alex ferguson who was certainly a one off. Brian Kidd Mike Phelan etc

But how many man utd rejects from times gone by - do we need to take for TF to understand. Macheda Fabio Goss Hughes Ferdinand Ji Sung Park Mclaren.what

Mclaren has always been a more measured person but enthusiasm when down was what holloway had - mclaren already seems doomed.

We have a very young squad that need hyping up in the bad times - who is going to do this for us,

I was at the end of last season actually very pleased with our squad - a reasonable balance and a heck of a lot of promise coming through also and an attractive team to watch.

If our aim this season is simply to avoid relegation - I would prefer watching an attractive motivated team with certain flaws ie maybe some confusion over tactics as opposed to a team that are basically simply dull and just avoid relegation.

I came away last week pretty down to be fair - we already seemed to have gone backwards. We played some exciting football towards the back end of season.

FFP has screwed us no doubt but surely that should have been seen as an inevitability. Remember tony saying when we appealed the first verdict - dont worry it will be sorted - am conifdent this will turn in our favour.

Surely all at club knew different we broke the rules - end of.

Think the fine over ten years if TF was here for us over that period ok - saves us a bit in interest but that will be hanging over any new prospectve owner.

Why would anyone pump money into our club,

The transfer window so far has not been good. Players are choosing elsewhere. Rivals in fact.

I understood if we had great strength in depth with manning but he gone to a rival - for me after the four midfield today - he is next one in - so through injuries - subs etc - I would have thought he was ready to play a great deal of time for us.

Players dont want to come here - sometimes we won over because we a london club and the bright lights for a foreign player nice opportunity etc. They not even up for that now.

When you lose your best player to be a sub for a higher league team you know the finances are dire but then why keep basically all players who thrived under holloway and then appoint mclaren who not achieved anything for years.

Holloway and Bircham was a fans appointment - ie qpr passion - what would have been wromg if you had to replace him why not ainsworth - we seem to have a lot of ex players working here currently in a variety of positions.

West Bromwich are no doubt going to be up there - kept most of their squad - we would in all probability have lost but seven one.

we lost six nil at home to newcastle not so long ago but we still had a squad then.

Am not sure where in anyways am going with this but the fanfare of tony has fizzled out big time - I dunno derry hill even barton bring them all in .... Am going delirious

But the one thing about tf in charge here is that its pissing in the wind.

The direction is changed too often. We stuck with holloway - he had a few losing streaks but at least you knew the team had tried their best even if at times they were confised.

I hate to judge too early and I am generally not a reactive poster on forums but mmmm

There are some bang average teams in our league and previosuly I have always felt there is alwasy at least three teams less capable than ourselves

but not only already am I worried but worse I am disinterested.

I dont believe we were holding out for loanees but the clout of our rivals has attracted ex players or targets elsewhere and I want to be positive but its hard,

Whatever mclaren is maybe he knew this was going happen ie squad depletion and no money /

I am just myself not sure if any decision right now will make any difference whatoseover.

People saying already bring holloway back -who going back to a place a couple of months after being shown the door.

The decision makers have placed this club in a perilous position and even as a long term fan right now whatever odds we are to be relegated probably a decent punt....

Whats the answer - idk - answers on a postcard ??????

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024