Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just Back 23:12 - Sep 25 with 2643 viewsYorkRanger

Struggling to find the words to describe that performance tonight. It truly was abysmal and I just cant fathom why McLaren thought he could just throw 11 players together and they would get into a cohesive unit.
There was no evidence of a game plan, our passing was poor and our attacking strategy consisted of long balls to Smith which he either didn't win or we then didn't win the second ball.
I actually felt sorry for some of the younger players thrown into that shambles. Some of the senior players need to look in the mirror. Not sure what is going on with Scowen but he was racing around making foul after foul, got a yellow card after the 3rd and then lost a 50:50 which he could easily have been booked again for. He was subbed quickly afterwards (rightly in my view) and stormed off.
Cousins then raises his hands and pushes a player when already on a yellow and gets sent off. Both of them werebraindead.
Worst if all for me though was the complete disrespect shown to the travelling support. I was prepared for a few changes but never expected that starting 11. You then look at the bench for a game changer and there are no options.
McLaren said afterwards we weren't prepared for the physical challenge yet the size of their team was plain to see and we start with the likes of Scowen and Chair who are tiny by comparison.
I can't remember feeling this disappointed for a long time. Perhaps we would never win this cup but a winnable the to enter the last 16 and perhaps get a big draw and we never even tried.
Gutted on so many levels....
Just Back on 23:23 - Sep 25 with 2566 viewsingeminate

There were very angry people at the end.
As you say Scowen and Cousins should be ashamed. No leadership on display, players running away from the ball, constant playing the ball back. No guts, tenacity or creativity. Certainly no tactical nous on display. Around me the finger was pointed more at the players than the manager, either way it was shambolic.
Personally I could have lived with the starting line up so long as we had the likes of Eze on the bench. This was a winnable game and a rare chance of a proper cup run. Pathetic.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Just Back on 00:06 - Sep 26 with 2415 viewsbob566

Just Back on 23:23 - Sep 25 by ingeminate

There were very angry people at the end.
As you say Scowen and Cousins should be ashamed. No leadership on display, players running away from the ball, constant playing the ball back. No guts, tenacity or creativity. Certainly no tactical nous on display. Around me the finger was pointed more at the players than the manager, either way it was shambolic.
Personally I could have lived with the starting line up so long as we had the likes of Eze on the bench. This was a winnable game and a rare chance of a proper cup run. Pathetic.

Scowens a spent force. All he does is get booked and give the ball away. Would have rathered he went out on loan instead of manning
Just Back on 05:53 - Sep 26 with 2171 viewsHayesender

Reading this morning that Ali Omar was laughing at our fans after the 2nd goal went in. This from someone who was there.

A, any truth in this?

And B, who's Ali Omar?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Just Back on 06:40 - Sep 26 with 2067 viewsdistortR

Just Back on 05:53 - Sep 26 by Hayesender

Reading this morning that Ali Omar was laughing at our fans after the 2nd goal went in. This from someone who was there.

A, any truth in this?

And B, who's Ali Omar?

All i know about him is that he wondered over to my son at shepherds bush tube after the sheff utd game and spoke quite passionately, for want of a better word at this time of the morning, about the match and his future with us.
Just Back on 08:00 - Sep 26 with 1776 viewsDixie_CT

As Clive says 'it's the hope that kills you'.

If this was the first round no one would bat an eye lid but because we've rolled two poor teams at home we foolishly expect more.

Always going to play the kids, first team regulars were always going to get a rest with two away games and Derby coming up. We've not got enough quality of depth to deal with 9 changes.

Grant Hall getting more game time is positive. WTF was going on with Scowen? Sulking as others didn't play or even travel? I can see Goss in the first team soon.

4 points out of the the next three games and it will be just about justified.
Just Back on 09:33 - Sep 26 with 1526 viewssmegma

Just Back on 05:53 - Sep 26 by Hayesender

A, any truth in this?

And B, who's Ali Omar?

Central defender signed a years deal a month ago. Came from Stevenage FC where he played for the under 18s apparently. Has made 3 appearances for our under 23s so far this season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024