Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fireworks 20:24 - Nov 5 with 5009 viewsNoDiddley

Can't see the point, dossing out £50 to see it go up in smoke.
Another random dislike James MaClean of Stoke.
Lest we forget.
Fireworks on 20:29 - Nov 5 with 3665 viewsCaptainPugwash

Arrrrrrrr...
Be loik Chrissmass where all the vittels evencchually go down the bilges.

Yo ho!
Fireworks on 20:42 - Nov 5 with 3631 viewsJuzzie

£50 went up in smoke pretty much every other weekend watching the R’s!
Fireworks on 21:38 - Nov 5 with 3540 viewsenfieldargh

5 nights of total torment for my dogs.

Ban the fekking things

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Fireworks on 22:30 - Nov 5 with 3465 viewsloftboy

Fireworks on 21:38 - Nov 5 by enfieldargh

Ban the fekking things

And the rest, diwali follows on, usually good for midnight fireworks for a week around here (E13)

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Fireworks on 22:38 - Nov 5 with 3458 viewsLblock

Ban the fekking things

Sorry mate - down arrow in error due to iPhone fat finger issues

I agree with you 1,000%

Was lucky previously that my first dog loved them, she’d sit there and watch them in awe and confusion. As her years collated she suddenly became fearful but I blame ourselves for that.

Then we got our current elder stateslady and she’s a Labradoor who don’t take no messing about from anyone or anything. Fireworks? Pah!!!
However we’ve been joined by a young whipper snapper who HATES these whizzing banging flashing things outside and it’s horrible!! Poor little sod.

Why do some people think it is absolutely hilarious to let these off at 1:00am?!? VVankers!!
As for five days.... more like two weeks due to Diwali round our area; then an interlude until NYE

Fcuk it!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Fireworks on 23:07 - Nov 5 with 3431 viewsBluce_Ree

It’s Xmas for chavs, basically.

Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah. His crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Fireworks on 23:38 - Nov 5 with 3422 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Middle ground for me would be to ban retail sales of fireworks to the public.

Nothing wrong with organised council fireworks displays once a year. I just sling a sedative wrapped in ham down their gob.
Fireworks on 23:58 - Nov 5 with 3403 viewsbob566

Fireworks on 23:38 - Nov 5 by BazzaInTheLoft

Middle ground for me would be to ban retail sales of fireworks to the public.

Nothing wrong with organised council fireworks displays once a year. I just sling a sedative wrapped in ham down their gob.

This. Good point.
Login to get fewer ads

Fireworks on 01:33 - Nov 6 with 3351 viewstimcocking

They use fireworks (or at least fire crackers) every day here. They scare away the evil spirits and help bring prosperity.

We all need some of that.

Let's hope James MaClean doesn't get injured by a firework, that'd be a real shame.
Fireworks on 07:12 - Nov 6 with 3298 viewsjonno

Four of us went to the British Army base here in Episkopi to watch the firework display/bonfire. Very enjoyable, loads of people there, bonfire on the beach etc. Total cost was 5 euros (to park the car).
Fireworks on 09:49 - Nov 6 with 3218 viewsToast_R

Worked on two displays over the weekend for my Council. I have to say last nights one at Wimbledon Park was excellent. To see the kids getting excited when they see the fair as they enter the park is great - to see the look on the blokes faces as they hand over £50 notes for the families's entrance fee in an act of open wallet surgery is hilarious. That look those of us with kids know only too well.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2018 9:50]
Fireworks on 09:56 - Nov 6 with 3209 viewstoboboly

I love fireworks!

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Fireworks on 10:05 - Nov 6 with 3196 viewsfrancisbowles

It's part of our tradition and related to our history. It is much more relevant to us than the American hyped halloween.

However, I agree with Baz and those saying there should be a restriction, on the sale of fireworks, to public displays (and maybe licensed private parties).
Fireworks on 11:02 - Nov 6 with 3160 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I once saw a display set to Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds in a stadium and there was a firework 'Thunderchild' firing rockets at a firwork Martian tripod it was chuffing marvellous.

Bastile Day in France when we sold Lee Cook to Fulham was pretty special near fontainebeau. Two towns joined together and put on a display by a lake. It was like watching 'Starwars' lying on the grass wistfully gazing at the moonlit sky.

Apart from that most displays are shit.

Making a massive fire is more fun.
Orthodox_Hoop and I did that during the live City game on Sky on the 5th a good few years ago, sadly a lot of the smoke ended up in the stadium.
I blame his late dad who we nicknamed that night 'The Arsonist'.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2018 11:03]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Fireworks on 11:06 - Nov 6 with 3147 viewsMick_S

Sadly, the glory days are over.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Fireworks on 10:12 - Nov 7 with 2988 viewsStanisgod

Ban the fekking things

What dogs? Yeah agree. The f#cking yappy little thing next door spends 51 weeks yapping in the garden at all hours, lovely to get a week's peace while it's cowering in the corner.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Fireworks on 10:57 - Nov 7 with 2955 viewsMick_S

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBIXBMZyDcLOK4uU4QiF7wPJ4R

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Fireworks on 17:43 - Nov 7 with 2862 viewsR_from_afar

One of my best mates loves fireworks (yes, he is an adult) and once held a party on November 5th, encouraging all the guests to bring fireworks. Actually, I do like them too.

Little did the guests know that the two of us had worked out a crude but effective way to "network" them: we wrapped fusewire round the heads of matches with the fuse from each firework sandwiched in the middle of the matches.

We laid all the donated fireworks out on an area of open ground - and posted sentries at all the access points - then, at the height of the party, shorted out the two ends of the length of fusewire on a car battery.

The results were absolutely tremendous! Hundreds of pounds worth of fireworks went off in quick succession, probably in under thirty seconds. It was relentless and pretty overpowering, provoking a reaction which was a mixture of astonishment and amusement (and setting off some car alarms in the process).

A bit anti-social really but we filmed it all so we could relive it.

RFA (now too old for anything other than a few sparklers. Wooo sparklers)

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Fireworks on 22:21 - Nov 7 with 2794 viewsloftboy

Got to get up for work at 4:45 and it’s like the flipping blitz round here at the moment

Fireworks on 06:44 - Nov 8 with 2736 viewsloftboy

1:30 the house opposite me was letting them off complete with rave music, selfish bastards, but it’s okay as it’s a religious tradition.

Fireworks on 13:54 - Nov 8 with 2653 viewshopphoops

Fireworks on 17:43 - Nov 7 by R_from_afar

One of my best mates loves fireworks (yes, he is an adult) and once held a party on November 5th, encouraging all the guests to bring fireworks. Actually, I do like them too.

Little did the guests know that the two of us had worked out a crude but effective way to "network" them: we wrapped fusewire round the heads of matches with the fuse from each firework sandwiched in the middle of the matches.

We laid all the donated fireworks out on an area of open ground - and posted sentries at all the access points - then, at the height of the party, shorted out the two ends of the length of fusewire on a car battery.

The results were absolutely tremendous! Hundreds of pounds worth of fireworks went off in quick succession, probably in under thirty seconds. It was relentless and pretty overpowering, provoking a reaction which was a mixture of astonishment and amusement (and setting off some car alarms in the process).

A bit anti-social really but we filmed it all so we could relive it.

RFA (now too old for anything other than a few sparklers. Wooo sparklers)

I was there, managed to get it on film

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Fireworks on 13:58 - Nov 8 with 2650 viewsSimonJames

Ban the fekking things

I think that there should be one night for fireworks and they should be an official public display. Then people know when to make provisions for their pets.
However, I think the scum who let their dogs crap on the pavements and on our common should be massively fined and banned from having dogs.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Fireworks on 13:59 - Nov 8 with 2650 viewsLblock

That was a total disgrace last night - right the way through to this morning when the last air bomb went off at 4.42am.

Diwali? Bunch of farkin wallys and those who turned Hounslow and Ealing into a Syrian battle field past 11:00pm are a bunch of absolute vvankers.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Fireworks on 14:31 - Nov 8 with 2610 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

Fireworks on 11:02 - Nov 6 by Metallica_Hoop

I once saw a display set to Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds in a stadium and there was a firework 'Thunderchild' firing rockets at a firwork Martian tripod it was chuffing marvellous.

Bastile Day in France when we sold Lee Cook to Fulham was pretty special near fontainebeau. Two towns joined together and put on a display by a lake. It was like watching 'Starwars' lying on the grass wistfully gazing at the moonlit sky.

Apart from that most displays are shit.

Making a massive fire is more fun.
Orthodox_Hoop and I did that during the live City game on Sky on the 5th a good few years ago, sadly a lot of the smoke ended up in the stadium.
I blame his late dad who we nicknamed that night 'The Arsonist'.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2018 11:03]

We'd still be there today if my old man hadn't turned up and turned our modest fire into the great fire of London! Getting a mention on the MOTD highlights was a nice touch, as was seeing the stewards $hitting themselves.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2018 14:55]
Fireworks on 14:50 - Nov 8 with 2588 viewshopphoops

I love fireworks and I loved indoor fireworks - the Cobra, and Puff the Magic Dragon, the cig that smoked itself.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024