Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who drives on the M25? 21:18 - Apr 4 with 2136 viewskensalriser

Anyone had a speeding ticket?

l'm having to do a regular journey from the A1 to A12 and back, a stretch entirely covered by average speed cams. Almost every journey several vehicles come past at 80+ and every few journeys there'll be someone right up my ar$e flashing while I'm gently cruising at 74ish past vehicles doing 70.

Maybe the odd one's a joyrider, otherwise I'm scratching my head. Is the speed threshold on the cameras set high or are people just being stupid?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Who drives on the M25? on 21:23 - Apr 4 with 2116 viewsJuzzie

2 million speeding fines were handed out in 2017.

Thats 2 million stupid people IMO.

A girl at work didn’t believe the average speed cameras worked on the A316/A40, until she got a ticket the other week.
Who drives on the M25? on 21:38 - Apr 4 with 2073 viewsblacky2013

My sister got done this year on the M25 going anti-clockwise so they definitely work.
Who drives on the M25? on 21:49 - Apr 4 with 2043 viewsWokingR

Yep, just did my speed awareness course yesterday.
Got flashed by a camera doing 60 when the variable speed limit had been reduced to 50 round by the A1
Who drives on the M25? on 22:36 - Apr 4 with 1938 viewsBoston

Who drives on the M25? on 21:38 - Apr 4 by blacky2013

My sister got done this year on the M25 going anti-clockwise so they definitely work.

Yeah, but she was going anti-clockwise in a clockwise lane.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Who drives on the M25? on 22:59 - Apr 4 with 1883 viewsted_hendrix

Volvo estate drivers, four lanes of moving traffic and who's sat on the outside lane for 28 bastard miles doing 67 bloody miles an hour? flatly refusing to move over and get the fck out of the way because he's deep in discussion with his old bat of a wife about the meaning of Buddhism or some such similar shit.
I can guarantee you this, when the fat c unt eventually moves over he wont use his indicators, but he'll smile and wave at you as you shake your fist at the minge on your way past him, guaranteed to be wearing a grey woolen bloody cardigan with leather patches sewn into the elbows and he'll have a bastard beard and he'll have an unlit pipe stuck in his stupid gob and a god forsaken bleeding Indian bloody dream catcher hanging from his bastard interior mirror.

Move over you son of a bitch,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Who drives on the M25? on 23:01 - Apr 4 with 1877 viewsGloryHunter

I asked this question on my speed awareness course. If I do 60 on the first half of an average speed stretch (containing four cameras, say) and then 80 on the second half, my average speed over the whole stretch is 70. Is that OK, or will I get a ticket for speeding between the two cameras when I was doing 80?

The instructor didn't know. He just said I would be breaking the law by doing 80 anytime.
Who drives on the M25? on 23:30 - Apr 4 with 1832 viewsNorthLondonR

Overtake on the right and then indicate to move back to the left hand lanes, if anyone's actively bullying then fuc em... so many idiots on the road nowadays. And do use indicators. So many priks undertake nowadays
Who drives on the M25? on 00:38 - Apr 5 with 1778 viewsTacticalR

@ted_hendrix 'he's deep in discussion with his old bat of a wife about the meaning of Buddhism or some such similar shit'

That's an important topic. It's good to know if you're going to be reincarnated in the event of a motorway pile-up.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Who drives on the M25? on 01:42 - Apr 5 with 1747 viewsessextaxiboy

I do around 70 k a year most of it on the M25 as I only do airport transfer . There are no average speed cameras on that stretch just flashers on the platform at the end of the gantrys over the grass verge . They will flash when the limit is pulled down temporarily and over around 80 .
I sit in lane 3 at around 75 to 80 . I pull into 2 if I cant see the next overtake target . Lane 1 is rutted by the trucks . If someone wants to do 80 plus there is lane 4 . Someone sitting in 3 at 65 will be in 2 or three demographic groups guaranteed ..
Who drives on the M25? on 02:29 - Apr 5 with 1715 viewsBoston

Who drives on the M25? on 01:42 - Apr 5 by essextaxiboy

I do around 70 k a year most of it on the M25 as I only do airport transfer . There are no average speed cameras on that stretch just flashers on the platform at the end of the gantrys over the grass verge . They will flash when the limit is pulled down temporarily and over around 80 .
I sit in lane 3 at around 75 to 80 . I pull into 2 if I cant see the next overtake target . Lane 1 is rutted by the trucks . If someone wants to do 80 plus there is lane 4 . Someone sitting in 3 at 65 will be in 2 or three demographic groups guaranteed ..

Sorry, I’m having a Clarkson moment, 70k a year, what’s your preferred motor for this type of beating?

Who drives on the M25? on 02:37 - Apr 5 with 1713 viewsessextaxiboy

Who drives on the M25? on 02:29 - Apr 5 by Boston

Sorry, I’m having a Clarkson moment, 70k a year, what’s your preferred motor for this type of beating?

Anything German , they are the only ones that can cope with it . I am leasing a Skoda from a taxi firm at the moment but I have had Passats that have done 280k . Lots of airport guys have Mercs but the servicing is expensive and frequent . I have never gone for one because I prefer FWD in bad weather . There is a steady market on E Bay for hgh mileage cars .East Europeans buy them and ship them back .
[Post edited 5 Apr 2019 2:38]
Who drives on the M25? on 08:24 - Apr 5 with 1541 viewsenfieldargh

Who drives on the M25? on 01:42 - Apr 5 by essextaxiboy

" Someone sitting in 3 at 65 will be in 2 or three demographic groups guaranteed .."

I travel up and down the UK using most motorway networks. What Essex says about demographic groups I'd say is around 85% spot on, so much so that when I see an IC1 doing it I'm totally surprised

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Who drives on the M25? on 09:21 - Apr 5 with 1465 viewsRamseyR

Got a ticket on the M25 in Surrey in Sep last year. 60 in a 50 through the variables.

Opted for the motorway awareness course which is different to the normal course.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2019 9:22]
Who drives on the M25? on 09:54 - Apr 5 with 1412 viewsNW5Hoop

Who drives on the M25? on 22:59 - Apr 4 by ted_hendrix

Volvo estate drivers, four lanes of moving traffic and who's sat on the outside lane for 28 bastard miles doing 67 bloody miles an hour? flatly refusing to move over and get the fck out of the way because he's deep in discussion with his old bat of a wife about the meaning of Buddhism or some such similar shit.
I can guarantee you this, when the fat c unt eventually moves over he wont use his indicators, but he'll smile and wave at you as you shake your fist at the minge on your way past him, guaranteed to be wearing a grey woolen bloody cardigan with leather patches sewn into the elbows and he'll have a bastard beard and he'll have an unlit pipe stuck in his stupid gob and a god forsaken bleeding Indian bloody dream catcher hanging from his bastard interior mirror.

Move over you son of a bitch,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Not a Volvo driver (got a Seat Ateca) but …

The worst drivers are people in BMWs or Mercs who routinely want to drive at 95. Doesn't matter how fast you're going, they're always three feet behind you, right up your backside, wanting to go past.

Since getting the Ateca (before that we had an ancient Focus), I've discovered the joys of cruise control through average speed check areas. No more worries about forgetting the speed and realising I'm 20 above.

On the point raised elsewhere about varying speeds through average speed check sections, I've often wondered if you can bomb through at 100, pull into some services for lunch, then go back out at 100, averaging 60 across the whole route …
Who drives on the M25? on 09:54 - Apr 5 with 1412 viewsGloryHunter

Interesting about the variable speed signs triggering the cameras - I'd always wondered. Thanks for that.

Two useful things I picked up on the otherwise boring speed awareness course:
1. If you've got cruise control then use it - I set mine to 73 (as shown on the TomTom, not the speedo);
2. If you're waiting to turn right across oncoming traffic then don't turn the steering wheel until you move off - very sad story of someone who sat there with his steering turned right, got shunted from behind and pushed into the path of an oncoming wagon.
Who drives on the M25? on 10:35 - Apr 5 with 1341 viewshubble

Had to do a lot of driving up north in the last few years and applied the 10% plus 2 rule over speed limit for average speed cameras, i.e. 57 (tops, usually aim for 55) in a 50 and so on and never got done. Hate the bloody things though, there were 20 mile stretches of 'em all the way up M1 for ages. Still amazed by the crazy speeders though, what do they know? Sometimes it's because they're exiting the motorway before the next camera, but otherwise they're either stupid or they know something we don't...

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Who drives on the M25? on 22:18 - Apr 5 with 1111 viewsBoston

Who drives on the M25? on 10:35 - Apr 5 by hubble

Had to do a lot of driving up north in the last few years and applied the 10% plus 2 rule over speed limit for average speed cameras, i.e. 57 (tops, usually aim for 55) in a 50 and so on and never got done. Hate the bloody things though, there were 20 mile stretches of 'em all the way up M1 for ages. Still amazed by the crazy speeders though, what do they know? Sometimes it's because they're exiting the motorway before the next camera, but otherwise they're either stupid or they know something we don't...

Many years ago I was informed by a New York State Trooper that law enforcement did not consider ticketing drivers until they were at going at least 8mph over the posted speed limit. The reason being the inaccuracy / unreliability of speedometers. As there are ex (maybe current) police officers who visit this site, would they care to enlighten us with the British perspective?
[Post edited 5 Apr 2019 22:21]

Who drives on the M25? on 23:17 - Apr 5 with 1045 viewsstowmarketrange

Who drives on the M25? on 22:18 - Apr 5 by Boston

Many years ago I was informed by a New York State Trooper that law enforcement did not consider ticketing drivers until they were at going at least 8mph over the posted speed limit. The reason being the inaccuracy / unreliability of speedometers. As there are ex (maybe current) police officers who visit this site, would they care to enlighten us with the British perspective?
[Post edited 5 Apr 2019 22:21]

There was an article on radio a couple of years ago about speedometers.I’m sure that they said that they could be up to 10% out on your proper speed,but they would never overestimate your speed.
My satnav is supposed to show the correct speed,and it is often different to what the speedo shows.

My pet hate is vehicles only doing 30mph in a 40mph roadworks zone.Especially as the outside lane of two is often off limits to us truckers.The Cambridge stretch of the A14 is a particular favourite spot for this event.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2019 23:21]
Who drives on the M25? on 23:26 - Apr 5 with 1027 viewsqueensparker

In the late 90s before I’d even heard of speed cameras, I managed to get done three separate times on one drive from Acton to a village around Colchester. They’d literally just brought them in on a load of Essex A roads and muggins was the test case

That was an expensive trip alright - plus it cocked up my insurance for years.

Haven’t had one since and usually sit at 80 or so on the motorways, lane-hoggers and other arseholes permitting - I’m pretty sure on the M25 you only get done when they’re enforcing a variable limit
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024