Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
club newsih 12:47 - Apr 12 with 8036 viewsdigswellhoop

just seen on sky sports app PSG interested in us ?
club newsih on 12:50 - Apr 12 with 6238 viewsQPR_John

If it came to the point that Qatar Sports Investments did try and buy us I'm certain the FL would find that are not a fit and proper organisation
club newsih on 12:50 - Apr 12 with 6236 viewsLunarJetman

Us, Villa and Forest apparently.

From the Telegraph https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/04/11/psg-owners-may-buy-championship-

PSG owners may buy Championship club - French media make links with Aston Villa, Nottingham Forest and QPR

The owners of Paris St-Germain are investigating the possibility of buying an English club.

Qatar Sports Investments has owned PSG since 2011 and has built the French champions into one of the biggest and most powerful clubs in the world.

PSG dominate the French league, and are on course for a sixth title since QSI bought them. Neymar and Kylian Mbappe have been signed for world- record fees.

The company is chaired by Nasser Al-Khelaifi, who is also PSG’s president. It is exploring whether it makes sense to buy a club in England to expand its portfolio and challenge in another big league.

The most likely scenario is understood to be to purchase a Championship club with potential and a significant fan base. Reports in France have suggested Aston Villa, Nottingham Forest or Queens Park Rangers are possible targets.

Given what QSI has done with PSG, if it does buy a club in England it is likely to have ambitious plans. Wolverhampton Wanderers’ Chinese owners Fosun have already shown what can be achieved by tapping into the potential of a “sleeping giant”.

Uefa rules forbid two clubs in a European club competition, such as the Champions League or Europa League, being directly or indirectly controlled by the same entity.

This would not be a problem if QSI bought a Championship club but if the club became successful, the Qataris might have to structure the ownership through a different vehicle than QSI.
club newsih on 12:51 - Apr 12 with 6227 viewsdaveB

3rd time lucky with the billionaires
club newsih on 12:52 - Apr 12 with 6213 viewsGloucs_R

So we would become the PSG Reserve team....or something similar to Watford.

Poll: Are we staying up?

club newsih on 12:52 - Apr 12 with 6205 viewsizlingtonhoop

club newsih on 12:51 - Apr 12 by daveB

3rd time lucky with the billionaires

Initially, we seem the best fit.
club newsih on 12:54 - Apr 12 with 6189 viewsR_from_afar

Yes interesting but I checked the source of this, an article in Le Parisien, and it is that publication rather than QSI that are saying it could be us or one of the other EFL clubs mentioned. The clubs do not appear to have been namechecked by the Qataris themselves...

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

club newsih on 12:55 - Apr 12 with 6177 viewsDannyPaddox

Sleeping giant? More like comatose dwarf.
club newsih on 12:56 - Apr 12 with 6174 viewsconnell10

Yeah having rich owners has really worked out for us ain't it!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Login to get fewer ads

club newsih on 13:38 - Apr 12 with 5965 viewsJJB

They probably think we are chain of BBQ restaurants.

Remember The White City Fighting?
Poll: Would you like to see the return of Mr Warnock?

club newsih on 13:40 - Apr 12 with 5950 viewsPhildo

Can Mbappe play in the play offs?
club newsih on 13:41 - Apr 12 with 5938 viewsfrancisbowles

They want to change the name to EDR (Emir's Desert Rangers) but in a sop to fans promise to bring back the apostrophe!
club newsih on 13:43 - Apr 12 with 5918 viewsted_hendrix

QSI or whatever they are called can stick their cash up their arses.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

club newsih on 13:46 - Apr 12 with 5885 viewsThGrimRanger

(if true) then I reckon PSG will conclude that with the far superior current and potential support of villa and forest would make them better bets.

They'll be less hampered by the fair play rules when it comes to investment.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2019 13:47]

TheGrimRanger

club newsih on 13:48 - Apr 12 with 5868 viewsToast_R

They will still face the exact same problems we are currently experiencing no?
club newsih on 13:49 - Apr 12 with 5859 viewspaulparker

It will be Villa , you just know it

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

club newsih on 13:51 - Apr 12 with 5844 viewsSimonJames

Villa Part seats about 43K. Can't see them looking much beyond that...

100% of people who drink water will die.

club newsih on 13:54 - Apr 12 with 5817 viewsderbyhoop

We'd become a feeder club , but if they had the clout to develop a new stadium in West London, I can see the attraction from a business point of view.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

club newsih on 13:56 - Apr 12 with 5799 viewsMiss_Terraces

club newsih on 13:48 - Apr 12 by Toast_R

They will still face the exact same problems we are currently experiencing no?

They have far bigger brown envelopes

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

club newsih on 14:00 - Apr 12 with 5775 viewsWokingR

Sleeping giant with significant fan base.
How does that fit with 'Shit but local' ?
club newsih on 14:08 - Apr 12 with 5721 viewsPhildo

i suspect 15 years ago we would have all been cock a hoop over such a remote rumour - now its just 'oh sh;t more billionaires'
club newsih on 14:33 - Apr 12 with 5613 viewsaston_hoop

Is it just me or does the thought of becoming the English based feeder team for a huge Champions League business entity seem like a really unappealing thing? Its just not why any of us are QPR fans is it.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

club newsih on 14:35 - Apr 12 with 5608 viewsrunningman75

We could be an attractive proposition with Westfield round the corner though Nottingham Forest would involve trips to Hooters Nottingham so probably more attractive.
club newsih on 14:41 - Apr 12 with 5590 viewsAntti_Heinola

club newsih on 14:33 - Apr 12 by aston_hoop

Is it just me or does the thought of becoming the English based feeder team for a huge Champions League business entity seem like a really unappealing thing? Its just not why any of us are QPR fans is it.

I'd love to feed PSG Joel Lynch, wouldn't you? Christ, some fans p!ss me off. WHAT DO YOU WANT?!

Bare bones.

club newsih on 14:42 - Apr 12 with 5585 viewsaston_hoop

club newsih on 14:41 - Apr 12 by Antti_Heinola

I'd love to feed PSG Joel Lynch, wouldn't you? Christ, some fans p!ss me off. WHAT DO YOU WANT?!

constant disappointment. Thats all I ask.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

club newsih on 14:51 - Apr 12 with 5525 viewsToast_R

As long as they fix the water pressure in the toilets.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024