Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New York 16:13 - Apr 14 with 5692 viewsW13R

Hello all, can anyone resurrect the thread that has all the best/must things to do in New York.
New York on 16:17 - Apr 14 with 4333 viewstimcocking

Sandwiches with lots of meat...
New York on 16:55 - Apr 14 with 4267 viewsBoston

New York on 16:17 - Apr 14 by timcocking

Sandwiches with lots of meat...

...on rye.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

New York on 18:00 - Apr 14 with 4198 viewsloftboy

Do the tour of the MSG, walk over Brooklyn bridge into Brooklyn, do the circle line boat trip, buy a New York pass before you leave the uk, includes all the attractions plus a day on the hop on hop off bus, the yellow taxi boat, 911 memorial and museum, Empire State Building, rockafella tower, go to Central Park great memorial to John Lennon almost opposite to where he lived/ got shot. Walk over the high line into Hell’s Kitchen where beer prices drop by almost a half compared to Times Square.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

New York on 20:33 - Apr 14 with 4112 viewsBQPR

Here you go:

New York by YorkRanger 19 Feb 2016 14:30
First trip in March. We have all the usual tourist stuff planned, however as usual the LFW insight will be much valued

New York on 22:23 - Apr 14 with 4027 viewsW13R

New York on 18:00 - Apr 14 by loftboy

Do the tour of the MSG, walk over Brooklyn bridge into Brooklyn, do the circle line boat trip, buy a New York pass before you leave the uk, includes all the attractions plus a day on the hop on hop off bus, the yellow taxi boat, 911 memorial and museum, Empire State Building, rockafella tower, go to Central Park great memorial to John Lennon almost opposite to where he lived/ got shot. Walk over the high line into Hell’s Kitchen where beer prices drop by almost a half compared to Times Square.

Cheers mate
New York on 22:23 - Apr 14 with 4025 viewsW13R

New York on 20:33 - Apr 14 by BQPR

Here you go:

New York by YorkRanger 19 Feb 2016 14:30
First trip in March. We have all the usual tourist stuff planned, however as usual the LFW insight will be much valued

New York on 22:32 - Apr 14 with 4020 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Hitch a ride on a Zomboni
New York on 22:37 - Apr 14 with 4012 viewstoboboly

Katz’s and Lombardi’s for lunch. Head to the New York Mets for an amazing evening.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Login to get fewer ads

New York on 22:41 - Apr 14 with 4009 viewscharmr

Walk the high line
Century 21 store, real bargains
Go to the nearest fire station to the 9/11 memorial and talk to the guy who looks after the brass plaque on the side of the building. He’s going to tell you a different side of events that happened that day and how the government treated, and still does, the first responders. He’s sort of their voice that has been silenced. He sais the people that seem to know more and talk to him are mostly never Americans.
New York on 22:59 - Apr 14 with 3997 viewsBoston

New York on 22:32 - Apr 14 by WrightUp5hit___

It's a Zamboni mate and they're not running in Manhattan at the moment.

New York on 23:04 - Apr 14 with 3991 viewsBoston

New York on 22:41 - Apr 14 by charmr

Walk the high line
Century 21 store, real bargains
Go to the nearest fire station to the 9/11 memorial and talk to the guy who looks after the brass plaque on the side of the building. He’s going to tell you a different side of events that happened that day and how the government treated, and still does, the first responders. He’s sort of their voice that has been silenced. He sais the people that seem to know more and talk to him are mostly never Americans.

You're more gullible....wanna buy a bridge?

New York on 23:31 - Apr 14 with 3966 viewsCroydonCaptJack

New York on 22:32 - Apr 14 by WrightUp5hit___

But only if the driver's called Paul and supports QPR
New York on 23:52 - Apr 14 with 3942 viewsacricketer

I live in NY. Beware of everyone.
New York on 00:10 - Apr 15 with 3930 viewscharmr

Hey Boston

My wife’s best friends husband works at the pentagon and he never saw no
Plane hit it. So you believe what you want and lay off the snide.
New York on 03:04 - Apr 15 with 3880 viewsBlackCrowe

Depends how you're doing it. With kids or without kids...completely different set of recommendations. Was there 4 days ago with kids and hit the mark with Ellen's Stardust Diner for dinner (expect to queue to get a table), MOMA, 911l broadway show, FAO Schwarz, river taxi over to Brooklyn. the only big disappointment was walking the high line, massively underwhelming and one big building site, though we did pass Ian Wright walking in the opposite direction.

Just adults? Then it's a different game. Don't stay in mid-town. Do stay in East or West Village, Soho or Tribeca. All fab.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2019 3:29]

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

New York on 08:10 - Apr 15 with 3792 viewsEsox_Lucius

Time spent in Central Park and a few hours drinking in the magnificence of Grand Central Station shouldn't be overlooked.

The grass is always greener.

New York on 10:28 - Apr 15 with 3720 viewsthame_hoops

New York on 00:10 - Apr 15 by charmr

Hey Boston

My wife’s best friends husband works at the pentagon and he never saw no
Plane hit it. So you believe what you want and lay off the snide.

there have been some utterly compelling documentaries over the years about the conspiracy theories.

as for NYC buy a good guide book and have fun planning some routes buy the tourist pass before you go will save you money. I prefereed the top of the rockefella centre purely because your photos will the empire state building in them, if you do go up the empire state its gets busy during peak times, took us over an hour and a half to get through the lines and airport style security one night in august. I use tripadviser for finding local restaurants and filter by rating, try some BBQ. Also get out of times sq as much as you can, like loftboy says prices drop like in hells and you see a less tourist side, also use the subway as much as you can instead of taxis (expensive like London)
[Post edited 15 Apr 2019 10:29]
New York on 13:21 - Apr 15 with 3658 viewsW13R

New York on 03:04 - Apr 15 by BlackCrowe

Depends how you're doing it. With kids or without kids...completely different set of recommendations. Was there 4 days ago with kids and hit the mark with Ellen's Stardust Diner for dinner (expect to queue to get a table), MOMA, 911l broadway show, FAO Schwarz, river taxi over to Brooklyn. the only big disappointment was walking the high line, massively underwhelming and one big building site, though we did pass Ian Wright walking in the opposite direction.

Just adults? Then it's a different game. Don't stay in mid-town. Do stay in East or West Village, Soho or Tribeca. All fab.

Just me and the wife staying in Midtown East.
Going in a couple of weeks time, arrive on a Wednesday in the early afternoon and fly back the Sunday night. Hopefully that gives us enough time to see all the major sites?
New York on 13:34 - Apr 15 with 3643 viewskingo

Interesting read for me as we are going in July. Already booked up ESB, Statue of Liberty cruise, 9/11 and Skypod. But I want to take in Katz deli and Ellen’s Stardust Diner sounds good by the sound of it. Has anyone been to Hellcat Annies ? Beer looks good.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

New York on 14:03 - Apr 15 with 3606 viewsloftboy

Just to add I never used the subway or taxis once, apart from the open top bus tour we walked everywhere, can’t see anything from the subway

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

New York on 14:10 - Apr 15 with 3600 viewsCroydonCaptJack

New York on 03:04 - Apr 15 by BlackCrowe

That's interesting because I rate the highline as a 'must see'. A great idea to have converted all of those overhead train tracks into a public garden and walkway.
New York on 14:27 - Apr 15 with 3578 viewsted_hendrix

New York on 13:34 - Apr 15 by kingo

Interesting read for me as we are going in July. Already booked up ESB, Statue of Liberty cruise, 9/11 and Skypod. But I want to take in Katz deli and Ellen’s Stardust Diner sounds good by the sound of it. Has anyone been to Hellcat Annies ? Beer looks good.

I wouldn't bother with the Statue of Liberty cruise, just jump on the Staten Island Ferry which is free when you get to the Staten Island terminal walk round to the departure gates and come back again.
Not sure why you booked the ESB though? I cant ever remember paying to go up it.

Make sure you do Strawberry Fields in Central Park and the Dakota Building where Yoko still lives.

Cracking city been there numerous times but 2-3 days is maximum for me.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

New York on 14:52 - Apr 15 with 3563 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Metropolitan Museum of Art is great. I like Impressionist Art and there is a lot in there. The yanks embraced it way before us Brits rather embarrassingly!
New York on 14:58 - Apr 15 with 3548 viewsvanrrrr

if you can snag a ticket go and see Hamilton on Broadway - superb

Failing that another broadway show is very much worth it - and I am certainly no expert with live theatre

find some NY pizza too - Joe's on Bleeker/Carmine the best slice!
New York on 15:08 - Apr 15 with 3540 viewsqueensparker

New York on 14:58 - Apr 15 by vanrrrr

if you can snag a ticket go and see Hamilton on Broadway - superb

Failing that another broadway show is very much worth it - and I am certainly no expert with live theatre

find some NY pizza too - Joe's on Bleeker/Carmine the best slice!

Plus one for seeing Hamilton, just saw it in London and it's amazing, would have loved to see it in New York.

And another vote for walking over the Brooklyn Bridge, one of my favourite ever memories is walking back to Manhattan a bit worse for wear at night-time with all the lights on, it's one of the world's greatest sights that.

Don't kick any bins unless you like seeing rats the size of terriers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024