Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strike! 23:29 - Apr 26 with 3352 viewshubble

Bolton players ain't gonna turn up tomorrow. They've had enough...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48067603

Strike! on 00:51 - Apr 27 with 3293 viewsjohncharles

What happens about the points ? Do Brentford get all three ? Will they be donated to charity ?
But seriously, it could be very unfair on the teams around them.

Strong and stable my arse.

Strike! on 07:51 - Apr 27 with 3141 viewshamptonhillhoop

I'd imagine 3 points to Brentford if Bolton are guilty of misconduct. To be fair they'd probably have got them anyway, even if they are worse than us away
[Post edited 27 Apr 2019 7:54]
Strike! on 08:25 - Apr 27 with 3073 viewsactonman

I have no idea of the ins and outs at that club in fact I find it hard to believe there is a football club more of a sh!tshambles than our selfs but surely the players could put the club and fans before themselfs for a couple of games to ensure no further action is taken against the club by not honouring their fixtures.
It’s not like real life when you don’t get paid from your employer ? They can’t just fcuk off and get the start down the local building site to ensure the mortgage gets paid ?
Strike! on 08:43 - Apr 27 with 3023 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Good for them!

It’s an irrelevant fixture, so I don’t know why they didn’t field/should have been allowed to field a youth side to get the game played - unless they’re on strike as well of course.

In view of their financial plight, fining them would be futile, and arguably a youth side in the circumstances should not constitute a weakened side as the senior pros had withdrawn their labour.

Us, them, merely highlight the utter off-field mess clubs are getting themselves into in pursuit of the Premiership folly.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Strike! on 09:32 - Apr 27 with 2946 viewsbosh67

I can quite see the EFL and FA looking at this, looking at the fixture, the circumstances at Bolton and concluding that the only course of action is to dock us 12 points and give us another £40m fine.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Strike! on 10:49 - Apr 27 with 2849 viewssmegma

The latest.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48077182
Strike! on 11:18 - Apr 27 with 2810 viewsloftus77

Have to say its Bolton Wanderers FC employees I feel for (catering staff, office staff, club stewards etc.).

I'm sure the players will be just fine.

Its worrying this - is there a precedent? Can't recall thjs happening in English professional football before.
Strike! on 11:27 - Apr 27 with 2796 viewsTW_R

Nice of them to catch up. We’ve been striking since Christmas.
Login to get fewer ads

Strike! on 11:31 - Apr 27 with 2785 viewsPinnerPaul

Strike! on 11:18 - Apr 27 by loftus77

Have to say its Bolton Wanderers FC employees I feel for (catering staff, office staff, club stewards etc.).

I'm sure the players will be just fine.

Its worrying this - is there a precedent? Can't recall thjs happening in English professional football before.

I think staff have now been paid but players haven't.
Strike! on 11:39 - Apr 27 with 2778 viewsDavieQPR

Just seems that the Bolton owner is trying to pressure FL into accepting dodgy Bassini as a fit and proper person.
Strike! on 11:56 - Apr 27 with 2744 viewsjohncharles

Strike! on 07:51 - Apr 27 by hamptonhillhoop

I'd imagine 3 points to Brentford if Bolton are guilty of misconduct. To be fair they'd probably have got them anyway, even if they are worse than us away
[Post edited 27 Apr 2019 7:54]

The key word is probably. We should probably have beaten Bolton after all they were more or less relegated and had stopped paying their players weeks before.

Strong and stable my arse.

Strike! on 12:55 - Apr 27 with 2686 viewsDannyPaddox

Nigel Spackman says Can't play! Won't play!

Bolton players still not paid by loftboy 26 Apr 2019 18:00
Threatening to strike for last two fixtures
http://www.skysports.com/share/11704133

Strike! on 14:36 - Apr 27 with 2613 viewsMatch82

Strike! on 08:25 - Apr 27 by actonman

I have no idea of the ins and outs at that club in fact I find it hard to believe there is a football club more of a sh!tshambles than our selfs but surely the players could put the club and fans before themselfs for a couple of games to ensure no further action is taken against the club by not honouring their fixtures.
It’s not like real life when you don’t get paid from your employer ? They can’t just fcuk off and get the start down the local building site to ensure the mortgage gets paid ?

They haven't been paid since February, it's not as if one cheque didn't turn up and they downed tools. And I think some of the backroom staff haven't been paid for longer than that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024