Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Freeman 08:25 - Jul 2 with 16773 viewskingo

Sky saying Sheffield United to announce Freeman. Hope it’s a good price

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Freeman on 08:26 - Jul 2 with 6624 viewsNorthernr

It'll be undisclosed, Sky will guess, and people will lose their sht.
Freeman on 08:32 - Jul 2 with 6546 viewskingo

Freeman on 08:26 - Jul 2 by Northernr

The undisclosed bit is annoying, hopefully around £6m, but many do not live the world that QPR have to operate in now and for the foreseeable future.

Freeman on 08:35 - Jul 2 with 6530 viewsrsonist

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11754928/sheffield-united-to-sign-

"Sheffield United to sign Luke Freeman for £3m plus add-ons".

Pretty insistent for a guess. Must be someone on the Sheff U end.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2019 8:35]
Freeman on 08:48 - Jul 2 with 6454 viewsted_hendrix

Sign of the times I guess, I was stupidly brokenhearted when we sold Rodney Marsh all those years ago similarly Trevor Sinclair but hey ho we'll just have to deal with It.
I guess we'll never know the transfer fee involved so people can just throw numbers at it.
It was always gonna happen.
Onwards and sideways.
Next.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Freeman on 08:53 - Jul 2 with 6416 viewsLowerloftLad

well bristol may announce some sort of figure from there sell on fee that may give us an idea to how much he went for

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Freeman on 08:54 - Jul 2 with 6409 viewsLythamR

Freeman on 08:48 - Jul 2 by ted_hendrix

Sign of the times I guess, I was stupidly brokenhearted when we sold Rodney Marsh all those years ago similarly Trevor Sinclair but hey ho we'll just have to deal with It.
I guess we'll never know the transfer fee involved so people can just throw numbers at it.
Onwards and sideways.
Next.

To avoid undue stress I am going to believe we actually got around £5.5M, wish Freeman good luck and thanks and move on.

Whatever it actually was I tend to trust Hoos on the financial side, he will have got the best deal he probably could in the circumstances.
Freeman on 08:56 - Jul 2 with 6379 viewsBlue_Castello

Freeman on 08:35 - Jul 2 by rsonist

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11754928/sheffield-united-to-sign-

So from what we've read in the press lately Sheffield United offered £4 million which was turned down and we've now accepted £3 million with add-ones, now even allowing for our track record I have to believe the second offer was better than the first.

Well the only saving grace for me is that Lee Hoos comes across as a very shrewd businessman and would negotiate the best deal possible. Whatever the deal I agree with Ted we just have to suck it up and move on, we've still made a significant profit whatever the figure and it will help give us some breathing space whilst FFP tightens even more around our necks.

I'm also pinning my hopes on one of Warburtons throw away comments when he signed for us saying that there's a 5 year plan, we can but dream there's a plan even if it's only a cunning one Baldrick. Hoos has stated in his interviews that they do forward planning for the Accounts and hopefully this season will be the worst of the pain barrier, if we survive in the Championship this year we may even be in a position to keep hold of players unless offered silly money.

PS..... Good luck Luke you have given us some great entertainment and fought hard for the club.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2019 9:26]
Freeman on 09:01 - Jul 2 with 6342 viewspaulparker

When was the last time we got top money for one out players ?? Got to have been Les
Years of mismanagement and being in the crap have now allowed our players to be picked up for peanuts , 3 million plus add ons is Sh1t , a bit like those smithies add ons last year as well
3 million doesn’t get you half a Gary Madine FFS

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Freeman on 09:02 - Jul 2 with 6339 viewsHunterhoop

Freeman on 08:53 - Jul 2 by LowerloftLad

well bristol may announce some sort of figure from there sell on fee that may give us an idea to how much he went for

Good point.
Freeman on 09:31 - Jul 2 with 6173 viewsDorse

Fee confirmed as 250 Nectar points, part-shares in a copy of Razzle and some magic beans, according to HITC (quoting 'unnamed sources')

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Freeman on 09:32 - Jul 2 with 6171 viewsenfieldargh

Freeman on 08:48 - Jul 2 by ted_hendrix

Onwards and sideways.
Next.

same here, thought my world had caved in when Rodney went, the following 20 or so years saw the best of times.

OK we didnt have FFP but we have new heroes waiting in the wings or soon to come in.

Get over it, dust yourself down and move on.

Back in the day I'm sure our Chairman at the time trousered a fair few transfer monies

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Freeman on 09:36 - Jul 2 with 6125 viewsdaveB

Freeman on 08:35 - Jul 2 by rsonist

well it is their job to make the guess sound factual, seems to have worked
Freeman on 09:44 - Jul 2 with 6076 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Four? For this gourd? Four?! Look at it. It's worth ten if it's worth a shekel.
Freeman on 09:45 - Jul 2 with 6064 viewscolinallcars

As Patrick McGoohan said in The Prisoner “ I am not a number, I am a Freeman “
Freeman on 09:55 - Jul 2 with 5983 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Freeman on 08:26 - Jul 2 by Northernr

Precisely.

If Sky are allowed to make $hit up, then I will too.

Brian McCarthy understands that Sheffield United have paid £8m to ensure that Luke Freeman is kept at QPR. For ever.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Freeman on 09:55 - Jul 2 with 5981 viewskingo

No mention of fee in latest piece with Wilder saying they hope to tie up deal today

Freeman on 09:56 - Jul 2 with 5972 viewsMick_S

Freeman on 09:55 - Jul 2 by BrianMcCarthy

Precisely.

If Sky are allowed to make $hit up, then I will too.

Brian McCarthy understands that Sheffield United have paid £8m to ensure that Luke Freeman is kept at QPR. For ever.

It is what it is, isn't it.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Freeman on 09:57 - Jul 2 with 5964 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Bye Luke, you're performance Vs Leeds was one of the best I've seen at Loftus Road
[Post edited 2 Jul 2019 9:57]

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Freeman on 09:59 - Jul 2 with 5942 viewsconnell10

What is the reason behind undisclosed fees? The club must know it really annoys fans and leads to all kinds of wild speculation! Just tell your paying customers how much you sold one of our prime assets for. Is it really that hard?

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Freeman on 10:05 - Jul 2 with 5891 viewsridethewave

Freeman on 09:59 - Jul 2 by connell10

What is the reason behind undisclosed fees? The club must know it really annoys fans and leads to all kinds of wild speculation! Just tell your paying customers how much you sold one of our prime assets for. Is it really that hard?

Have to agree with this. there are plenty of good reasons to keep fees undisclosed, but it is a slap in the face to those of us that pay money to support this club that we aren't given the details of the sale of our best on-field asset in years.
Freeman on 10:05 - Jul 2 with 5881 viewsdaveB

So clubs don't know how much we have to spend and drive prices up, if they know we sold someone for 10 million the price os his replacement would be more

Just watching SSN now and they just said fee was 5million plus add ons
Freeman on 10:08 - Jul 2 with 5860 viewsMick_S

Freeman on 10:05 - Jul 2 by daveB

So clubs don't know how much we have to spend and drive prices up, if they know we sold someone for 10 million the price os his replacement would be more

What did the club buy him for Dave? Seems very decent business to me, if that figure is true.

Edit - seen Antti's post - £300,000.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2019 10:12]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Freeman on 10:10 - Jul 2 with 5850 viewsAntti_Heinola

Dave Mc is pretty reliable with anything apart from his annual claims that Steve Cotterill is about to be made our new manager, so this fee sounds about right as we turned down £4m. And to be honest, if it is, I'm happy with that. I think that's a fair price for him, especially as we only paid £300k. An absolute solid gold example of the kind of deals we need to be doing.

He's been brilliant for us. Worked his ass off, became a better player in his time with us, cut out the moaning last season and became a leader of the side. A brilliant player, gutted he's gone, but really, really hope it works out for him at Blades and that he gets some Prem goals and assists.

Cheers Lukey.

Bare bones.

Freeman on 10:10 - Jul 2 with 5848 viewsBrianMcCarthy

That's an excellent point, Dave.

I'm undecided on this policy, what you say makes sense, though.

Now, in the very small world of English football I'm sure most could guess what we sell our players for. Having them unconfirmed, however, means that we have plausible deniability in negotiations when buying.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Freeman on 10:11 - Jul 2 with 5840 viewsklonk

i guess it can also be that the buying club doesn't want to advertise how much it is paying. spuds haven't disclosed how much they paid for jack clarke today (allegedly £10m-ish), i'm guessing leeds would like to let their fans know the fee if it was that much.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024