Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today’s Officials 22:18 - Aug 10 with 4147 viewsLondon_Pride

I thought that they were really poor.

The ref totally bottled the red card decision. You could see that he delayed and delayed having to go to his pocket for a card. From then on his confidence was shot and he made a number of poor decisions during the remainder of the first half and never had much authority over the players During the rest of the game.

And was the reason why he let the players all go off for drinks in the 2nd half? It was hardly a hot day. Despite 2 or 3 minutes for this, a number of injuries and substitutions and time wasting - 5 minutes added time was pretty meagre.

The Linesman on the Ellesrslie Road side in the first half and SAR side in the 2nd was hopeless. The Huddersfield goal was finitely offside. I was in line with the pass and neither Hall or Barbet played the player onside. At one point later on, he refused to even put his flag up for a contested throw in which just added confusion.

Very poor but probably what we will have to get used to during re months ahead. Still, a really good performance from the team. Everyone played a part and never let their heads go down.
Today’s Officials on 22:23 - Aug 10 with 3276 viewsGloucs_R

Their keeper ripped his shorts, which is why they went off for a drink break.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Today’s Officials on 22:27 - Aug 10 with 3259 viewsDWQPR

I might be sticking my neck out here, can’t comment too much on the lino on the SAR side as he was down the other end to me but the lino on the Ellerslie Road side didn’t seem to get anything of importance wrong. As for the red card incident it was directly across the pitch from me and it certainly was more of Manning’s momentum of his leg hitting their players foot, who to be fair was challenging for the high ball. No more than a yellow for me. The other yellow cards were pretty much merited and he did try to let the game flow despite the niggles coming from Huddersfield. Penalty was a penalty, Barbet got his yellow and their three yellows were yellows. The only decision that I think he got wrong in my view was BOS’s tackle near the end, it thought he got the ball first. One of the better refs we will have this season I suspect.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Today’s Officials on 23:55 - Aug 10 with 3073 viewstoboboly

Don’t think it was a red, haven’t seen highlights though. Honestly wasn’t that pissed with them. Much better than the majority of last year.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Today’s Officials on 01:23 - Aug 11 with 3016 viewstimcocking

They were indeed.

I swear, i might simply be biased, but i go into every game nowadays expecting the ref to give the other team anything even remotely resembling a foul and to try to let the opposition off everything they can.

Given the law now, there'll never be a more certain red than that one he bottled after 15 minutes of faffing around.
Today’s Officials on 07:26 - Aug 11 with 2903 viewsLblock

How about the one deep into the second half where there player injured himself challenging Manning and was then OFF the pitch. Why stop the game whilst he was treated when he was OFF the pitch?!?!?!

I thought he was a poor ref but they all seem to be these days

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Today’s Officials on 08:03 - Aug 11 with 2846 viewssmegma

Never a red card. My only gripe was with time keeping. First half there was a 4 minute break for something or other going by the scoreboard clock. Then the ref took 2 minutes to decide whether it was a red card offence. Time added on 4 minutes. I also think maybe 2 more yellows second half were warranted for them plus Cameron could have been yellowed.
Today’s Officials on 08:11 - Aug 11 with 2821 viewsWatford_Ranger

Today’s Officials on 08:03 - Aug 11 by smegma

Never a red card. My only gripe was with time keeping. First half there was a 4 minute break for something or other going by the scoreboard clock. Then the ref took 2 minutes to decide whether it was a red card offence. Time added on 4 minutes. I also think maybe 2 more yellows second half were warranted for them plus Cameron could have been yellowed.

5 mins second half:

5 subs
2 goals
Goalkeeper shorts fiasco plus drinks break
Kachunga off the pitch but game stopped anyway just for lolz
Longish stoppage for the penalty
Today’s Officials on 09:12 - Aug 11 with 2690 viewsed_83

Today’s Officials on 22:27 - Aug 10 by DWQPR

I might be sticking my neck out here, can’t comment too much on the lino on the SAR side as he was down the other end to me but the lino on the Ellerslie Road side didn’t seem to get anything of importance wrong. As for the red card incident it was directly across the pitch from me and it certainly was more of Manning’s momentum of his leg hitting their players foot, who to be fair was challenging for the high ball. No more than a yellow for me. The other yellow cards were pretty much merited and he did try to let the game flow despite the niggles coming from Huddersfield. Penalty was a penalty, Barbet got his yellow and their three yellows were yellows. The only decision that I think he got wrong in my view was BOS’s tackle near the end, it thought he got the ball first. One of the better refs we will have this season I suspect.

Ellerslie lino missed a glaringly obvious offside for them first half, a deliberate handball just outside the box in the second, and at least three or four sneaky little shirt pulls done out of view of the ref. He was also right next to the challenge on Manning, which I still think was a red - late, studs first, limited intention to play the ball. You could see when Manning was getting treated that he had stud marks practically on his knee.

Doubt any of those (bar the red / yellow) would have changed the game and they got the big decisions right but were extremely hit & miss otherwise, for me at least.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2019 9:13]
Login to get fewer ads

Today’s Officials on 09:18 - Aug 11 with 2663 viewsgazza1

We should be focusing on the team today not the officials.......enjoyable game yesterday.
Today’s Officials on 09:45 - Aug 11 with 2614 viewsridethewave

It was definitely offside for the through ball that led to the pen. Definite pen but shouldn’t have got there anyway. We’re entitled to expect the officials to get basic offside decisions correct.
Today’s Officials on 10:00 - Aug 11 with 2579 viewsLongsufferingR

This.

Never a red. I think when assessing the officials, we need to forget our personal bias, which isn't always easy to do.
Today’s Officials on 10:21 - Aug 11 with 2517 viewsfrancisbowles

It was quite late (some around me in SAR missed it following the ball) and studs up. Only seen it once on TV and my impression was red. Offside for pen, looked it on TV but again only one quick look. So not 100% on either.

Cameron was very physical, sometimes a bit too much, others refs would have carded him first half. No arguments with pen. Bos challenge looked ok but haven't seen it since.

Huddersfield should possibly have had one or two more yellows for their cynical fouls to break up play. Timekeeping, told keeper to hurry up taking a kick and then let him take an age. Pedantic with our placing off throw in but allowed theirs to gain about 10 yards up the line when they were in the corner.

Thought the added time seemed quite short, considering all the delays.

Overall, pretty average 5/6
Today’s Officials on 12:23 - Aug 11 with 2394 viewsDavieQPR

If a player goes into a tackle studs up it is a red. It doesn't matter what Manning was doing.
The ref showed why he hasn't been allowed near a Championship game for a few years. Out of his depth and not aided by a linesman who couldn't keep up with the play. Both were extremely nervous. What happened to the new rules that a substituted player has to leave the pitch at the nearest point. Totally ignored.
Today’s Officials on 12:56 - Aug 11 with 2358 viewsterryb

I thought he was a decent referee.

At the time of the challenge on Manning, most of us at the back of MU (not an angle to make any accurate judgement) expected a yellow with a slight chance of a red.

Surely, that is the only refereeing decision that could be argued as having a major bearing on the game? Offside for the penalty is down to his assistant.

Yes, the game shouldn't have been stopped while the player was treated off the pitch, but what effect did it have? I didn't see BOS get the ball in that challenge & I thought that he might be off, so I would sugest that he treated both challenges the same.
Today’s Officials on 13:23 - Aug 11 with 2335 viewsfrancisbowles

Today’s Officials on 12:56 - Aug 11 by terryb

I thought he was a decent referee.

At the time of the challenge on Manning, most of us at the back of MU (not an angle to make any accurate judgement) expected a yellow with a slight chance of a red.

Surely, that is the only refereeing decision that could be argued as having a major bearing on the game? Offside for the penalty is down to his assistant.

Yes, the game shouldn't have been stopped while the player was treated off the pitch, but what effect did it have? I didn't see BOS get the ball in that challenge & I thought that he might be off, so I would sugest that he treated both challenges the same.

To add to that Terryb, the injured player seemed to be lying very close to the touchline, there isn't a lot of room, and it would probably have been risky to restart the game with him there.
Today’s Officials on 14:09 - Aug 11 with 2288 viewsPinnerPaul

Today’s Officials on 07:26 - Aug 11 by Lblock

How about the one deep into the second half where there player injured himself challenging Manning and was then OFF the pitch. Why stop the game whilst he was treated when he was OFF the pitch?!?!?!

I thought he was a poor ref but they all seem to be these days

I thought that initially, but then if we had carried on what was the AR supposed to do - jump over him and the physio!

That is also why I suspect their number 11 was allowed to go off across the pitch, safer than him negotiating three sides of LR after his 'performance'!
Today’s Officials on 14:11 - Aug 11 with 2282 viewsPinnerPaul

Today’s Officials on 08:03 - Aug 11 by smegma

Not bigging myself up at all but I always call the time added on beforehand and yesterday I 'guessed' 4 and 5 correctly.

I think fans perception of how long things take - especially when losing! - is a little removed from reality.

He also correctly added an additional 30 seconds to the 5 for their sub in added time.
Today’s Officials on 14:13 - Aug 11 with 2280 viewsHarbour

In the ground from upper loft challenge on manning looked red having seen it back on tv replay his leg was high studs showing so stonewall red think ref bottled it
Today’s Officials on 14:15 - Aug 11 with 2274 viewsPinnerPaul

Today’s Officials on 10:00 - Aug 11 by LongsufferingR

This.

Never a red. I think when assessing the officials, we need to forget our personal bias, which isn't always easy to do.

Yep - spot on there LSR (& DW)

Think also you have to expect mistakes - ie the missed offside 1st half (which I thought WAS offside) equates to Scowen's 3or 4 misplaced passes - mistakes happen - we're human.

As Clive said in match report he got the 4 big decisions correct for me. Haven't seen the match back yet so can't comment on offside for the pen. Will do once I've seen it.
Today’s Officials on 14:17 - Aug 11 with 2270 viewsPinnerPaul

Today’s Officials on 12:23 - Aug 11 by DavieQPR

If a player goes into a tackle studs up it is a red. It doesn't matter what Manning was doing.
The ref showed why he hasn't been allowed near a Championship game for a few years. Out of his depth and not aided by a linesman who couldn't keep up with the play. Both were extremely nervous. What happened to the new rules that a substituted player has to leave the pitch at the nearest point. Totally ignored.

Its up to the ref where he leaves. Given his (no 11) 'performance' sensibly decided making him walk round 3 sides of LR was not a very good idea
Today’s Officials on 15:47 - Aug 11 with 2214 viewssmegma

Today’s Officials on 14:11 - Aug 11 by PinnerPaul

Not bigging myself up at all but I always call the time added on beforehand and yesterday I 'guessed' 4 and 5 correctly.

I think fans perception of how long things take - especially when losing! - is a little removed from reality.

He also correctly added an additional 30 seconds to the 5 for their sub in added time.

WE weren't losing in in the first half, read what I said. The stoppage first ha
F was for a four minute spell then a two minute spell, but you called it correctly at four minutes ???
Today’s Officials on 15:59 - Aug 11 with 2203 viewsPinnerPaul

Today’s Officials on 15:47 - Aug 11 by smegma

WE weren't losing in in the first half, read what I said. The stoppage first ha
F was for a four minute spell then a two minute spell, but you called it correctly at four minutes ???

My (correct) guess was based on 2 minutes for each of the 2 injuries.

Refs won't add time on for issuing cards - you can agree or not on that one, but that is how it is in all matches.

We DID agree on the non red card though, although even I would hesitate to say 'never' a red card - as I said in another thread 'orange' for me - which is I admit IS a bit of a cop out!
Today’s Officials on 16:25 - Aug 11 with 2170 viewssmegma

Today’s Officials on 15:59 - Aug 11 by PinnerPaul

My (correct) guess was based on 2 minutes for each of the 2 injuries.

Refs won't add time on for issuing cards - you can agree or not on that one, but that is how it is in all matches.

We DID agree on the non red card though, although even I would hesitate to say 'never' a red card - as I said in another thread 'orange' for me - which is I admit IS a bit of a cop out!

Again read what I said. There was a stoppage of 4 minutes. I looked at the scoreboard not my watch. Then another 2 minute stoppage for the alleged red card incident, again I looked at the scoreboard. I never mentioned time for dishing out cards, you did in your defence of the ref. Now when I was at school 4+2 = 6. And as I said, my main gripe was time keeping or lack of in the first half. Second half I think 5 minutes was about right.
Today’s Officials on 16:37 - Aug 11 with 2151 viewsPinnerPaul

Today’s Officials on 16:25 - Aug 11 by smegma

Again read what I said. There was a stoppage of 4 minutes. I looked at the scoreboard not my watch. Then another 2 minute stoppage for the alleged red card incident, again I looked at the scoreboard. I never mentioned time for dishing out cards, you did in your defence of the ref. Now when I was at school 4+2 = 6. And as I said, my main gripe was time keeping or lack of in the first half. Second half I think 5 minutes was about right.

I thought the two stoppages were 2 mins each, presume the 4 min one was for their injury? - thought that was 2 mins myself.

He would only add time on for treatment/assessment of Mannings injury, not for spending time talking to his AR, calming players down etc.

As I said you can disagree with that, but currently refs won't add time on for game management ie sorting out walls, warning players, issuing cards etc

Glad you agreed with the 5 mins!
Today’s Officials on 17:03 - Aug 11 with 2118 viewsactonman

Today’s Officials on 14:17 - Aug 11 by PinnerPaul

Its up to the ref where he leaves. Given his (no 11) 'performance' sensibly decided making him walk round 3 sides of LR was not a very good idea

So basically only the home teams players will be instructed to go off to the nearest side while the away teams can carry on taking the p!ss.

Play act , feigning injury and general shh!thousery and you can run the gauntlet infront of the home fans..... that will make them think twice about it , us included
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024