Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Darnell Furlong's quote on leaving QPR 14:28 - Nov 4 with 4257 viewssmuttsontour

To quote:

"It was quite a quick one really," the 24-year-old said. "I didn't know too much about it in advance. I just got a call to say there was a bit of interest and that they were looking to get something done. As soon as it came up I was all for it, I was really looking forward to it. West Brom is a club you can't really turn down playing for."

Given the club has stuck by Darnell (not to mention given his father employment post retirement) through injury/questionable form, can this be interpreted as a little disrespectful?
Darnell Furlong's quote on leaving QPR on 14:35 - Nov 4 with 3685 viewsJeff

No.

why would it be disrespectful? A larger, more successful and more upwardly mobile club have come in for you, of course you're going to be interested.

I'm not entirely sure that we've 'stuck by him' either, have we? He's hardly Joey Barton!

Can we not knock it?

Darnell Furlong's quote on leaving QPR on 14:35 - Nov 4 with 3683 viewsTonto

no

all he says is its a great opportunity for him. get over yourself. not everything is a slight unless its spefici

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Darnell Furlong's quote on leaving QPR on 15:22 - Nov 4 with 3534 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Seems like a good lad.
You could see both him and Charlie like the club from their reaction on returning.
Darnell Furlong's quote on leaving QPR on 15:39 - Nov 4 with 3472 viewsPinnerPaul

As above and you can add " and the money was better" to Darnell's quote.

Its his profession after all and as we've seen at the weekend, one tackle and it could all be ended, so of course, him and any other professional is going to take an opportunity that comes along to improve himself/money.

Good luck to him.
Darnell Furlong's quote on leaving QPR on 16:16 - Nov 4 with 3388 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I don't see anything untoward here. The club were willing to listen to offers and the player received an offer from a well established club with real ambitions of promotion to the Premier League. Besides, Darnell wasn't exactly a regular starter at QPR so you can't blame the lad for being up for the move.
Darnell Furlong's quote on leaving QPR on 16:23 - Nov 4 with 3360 viewsdaveB

not sure what people expect him to say, most of the players we signed this summer said pretty much the same thing when they joined us. Good luck to him
Darnell Furlong's quote on leaving QPR on 16:59 - Nov 4 with 3252 viewsbosh67

It was a shame to lose him but great kid. Wish him all the best. Not sure what people wanted him to say?

"I was happy at QPR. WBA are a bunch of vvankers but they said I could go so I was f&cked!"

Or maybe that is what people wanted him to say?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Darnell Furlong's quote on leaving QPR on 17:21 - Nov 4 with 3209 viewsWatford_Ranger

Hope people realise what a big player he was for us. We might have a clean sheet by now with him at the back.
Login to get fewer ads

Darnell Furlong's quote on leaving QPR on 18:52 - Nov 4 with 3044 viewsnix

He patted his heart when receiving our applause at the end of the WBA game. He seems a lovely guy and not disrespectful at all unlike Jack Robinson for instance.

Really wish him well. He always looked like he was doing his best for us. He has to say he was thrilled to go, it would have been unprofessional not to. He never slagged us off and so I don't see anything bad in what he's said.
Darnell Furlong's quote on leaving QPR on 19:44 - Nov 4 with 2925 viewssmegma

What a stupid thread.

Darnell Furlong's quote on leaving QPR on 22:02 - Nov 4 with 2751 viewsHayesender

That west brom right back looked good tonight. I wish we could produce players like that

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Darnell Furlong's quote on leaving QPR on 03:28 - Nov 5 with 2550 viewstimcocking

It doesn't read great, but of course it's just one line. If they'd asked him his feelings about QPR, i'd hope we'd get a different answer.

Ps I always wonder why people see the need to post replies like 'what a stupid thread'; it's so hostile and disrespectful, just discourages people from bothering to post at all and there's almost never anything worthwhile to discuss as it is. Who speaks like that in person? We'd all be having punch-ups all day long if we spoke like that and surely, we're not all supposed to be enemies? I''d have thought either not replying, or perhaps just saying something like 'no, i don't agree' would be a better and far less confrontational way to go.
Darnell Furlong's quote on leaving QPR on 04:46 - Nov 5 with 2527 viewscaliforniahoop

No I don’t, Austin was injured for ages, left for peanuts at his convenience, DF didnt ask for a move, he was sold by the club!

As for his dads role at the club, coaching Manning, Chair, Eze Dalling Bansel Mc, Lumley, and a host of other young hopefuls, that will make the club millions!!

I think hope the above answers your question, unbelievable!
Darnell Furlong's quote on leaving QPR on 09:44 - Nov 5 with 2330 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Agree with the consensus. Nothing to see here.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Darnell Furlong's quote on leaving QPR on 10:11 - Nov 5 with 2303 viewsAntti_Heinola

Love DF, always will, and he us. It's professional football, transfers happen. Good luck to him.

Bare bones.

Darnell Furlong's quote on leaving QPR on 11:53 - Nov 5 with 2191 viewspaulparker

Darnell Furlong's quote on leaving QPR on 17:21 - Nov 4 by Watford_Ranger

Hope people realise what a big player he was for us. We might have a clean sheet by now with him at the back.

Spot on I said at the time 2 million was a steal and that if WBA go up he will be worth around 10 million, he is the best right back in this league I saw on here the other day someone say Kane will be a better player than Furlong
Who ever that was please give me the name of your drug dealer

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Darnell Furlong's quote on leaving QPR on 12:36 - Nov 5 with 2117 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Darnell Furlong's quote on leaving QPR on 11:53 - Nov 5 by paulparker

Spot on I said at the time 2 million was a steal and that if WBA go up he will be worth around 10 million, he is the best right back in this league I saw on here the other day someone say Kane will be a better player than Furlong

There were quite a few who didn't rate him as a right back and saw his future at centre-back. Perhaps some at the club had a similar view in which case Darnell was perfectly justified in moving on.
Darnell Furlong's quote on leaving QPR on 12:45 - Nov 5 with 2098 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Darnell Furlong's quote on leaving QPR on 11:53 - Nov 5 by paulparker

I said that he could well end up being a better rb/rwb,if that's what you're thinking, PP?

I didn't say that he will, mind you, just that he might. I never rated Furlong as high as some others as a full back - always thought that he played too narrow and didn't really attack his marker and impose himself enough - and I certainly thought he was lacking in the attacking side so he never seemed comfortable as a wing-back. I did say that I rated him highly as a centre-back, mind you.

Darnell Furlong's quote on leaving QPR on 14:43 - Nov 5 with 1975 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Darnell Furlong's quote on leaving QPR on 16:59 - Nov 4 by bosh67

It was a shame to lose him but great kid. Wish him all the best. Not sure what people wanted him to say?

"I was happy at QPR. WBA are a bunch of vvankers but they said I could go so I was f&cked!"

Or maybe that is what people wanted him to say?

Well exactly. It's just the same old soundbite bull you hear literally every week on Sky Sports pre / post match interviews isn't it? There are around half a dozen stock answers (and questions for that matter) for each scenario, win, lose or draw......

"So Sergio / Gabriel / Ilkay / Kyle / Dave.... you must be happy with those 3 points today, did they make it difficult for you?"

What on earth are they supposed to say "nah to be honest they're shite aren't they Brian? It's embarrassing how easy that was, I could have stayed in my suit"

Wish they would say that, if only!.............
Darnell Furlong's quote on leaving QPR on 17:48 - Nov 5 with 1844 viewsextratimeR

Made a point of running all four sides of ground after West Brom game to say thank you.

Nice touch, very good player, wish him well at West Brom.
Darnell Furlong's quote on leaving QPR on 15:10 - Nov 6 with 1542 viewssmegma

Darnell Furlong's quote on leaving QPR on 03:28 - Nov 5 by timcocking

It doesn't read great, but of course it's just one line. If they'd asked him his feelings about QPR, i'd hope we'd get a different answer.

Ps I always wonder why people see the need to post replies like 'what a stupid thread'; it's so hostile and disrespectful, just discourages people from bothering to post at all and there's almost never anything worthwhile to discuss as it is. Who speaks like that in person? We'd all be having punch-ups all day long if we spoke like that and surely, we're not all supposed to be enemies? I''d have thought either not replying, or perhaps just saying something like 'no, i don't agree' would be a better and far less confrontational way to go.

Says the person who once threatened me in a personal message while pissed.
Darnell Furlong's quote on leaving QPR on 15:16 - Nov 6 with 1531 viewssmuttsontour

Get a job Smega you tyre-kicking pauper.
Darnell Furlong's quote on leaving QPR on 15:19 - Nov 6 with 1525 viewssmegma

Darnell Furlong's quote on leaving QPR on 15:16 - Nov 6 by smuttsontour

Get a job Smega you tyre-kicking pauper.

oooh .
Darnell Furlong's quote on leaving QPR on 15:59 - Nov 6 with 1480 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Darnell Furlong's quote on leaving QPR on 12:45 - Nov 5 by BrianMcCarthy

I said that he could well end up being a better rb/rwb,if that's what you're thinking, PP?

I didn't say that he will, mind you, just that he might. I never rated Furlong as high as some others as a full back - always thought that he played too narrow and didn't really attack his marker and impose himself enough - and I certainly thought he was lacking in the attacking side so he never seemed comfortable as a wing-back. I did say that I rated him highly as a centre-back, mind you.

I think you forgot to name your drug dealer though Brian
Darnell Furlong's quote on leaving QPR on 16:00 - Nov 6 with 1475 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Darnell Furlong's quote on leaving QPR on 15:59 - Nov 6 by CroydonCaptJack

I think you forgot to name your drug dealer though Brian

His name's Disco and he lives in East London.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024