Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hoos brands UEFA, FIFA “complicit, liars” in racism row — Fans Forum 03:48 - Nov 12 with 4584 viewsNorthernr

Hoos brands UEFA, FIFA “complicit, liars” in racism row — Fans Forum 12th Nov 2019 03:41
The annual QPR fans forum took place in Shepherd’s Bush this evening with a lot of the usual platitudes and talking points but a couple of interesting - and at one point explosive - moments on contentious issues. 15

Hoos brands UEFA, FIFA “complicit, liars” in racism row — Fans Forum on 06:27 - Nov 12 with 3269 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Great work. Thanks a million, Clive. Really appreciated.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hoos brands UEFA, FIFA “complicit, liars” in racism row — Fans Forum on 07:19 - Nov 12 with 3234 viewsdistortR

Hoos brands UEFA, FIFA “complicit, liars” in racism row — Fans Forum on 06:27 - Nov 12 by BrianMcCarthy

Great work. Thanks a million, Clive. Really appreciated.

I'd like to echo Brian's words, if not his accent, as he can be a bit touchy about dat...that.
Hoos brands UEFA, FIFA “complicit, liars” in racism row — Fans Forum on 07:29 - Nov 12 with 3223 viewsEsox_Lucius

Excellent report Clive.

The grass is always greener.

Hoos brands UEFA, FIFA “complicit, liars” in racism row — Fans Forum on 08:36 - Nov 12 with 3129 viewsflynnbo

Thanks, Clive. Interesting then that the loanees all have call back clauses in January!
Just saw that this is mentioned on the other thread.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2019 14:46]
Hoos brands UEFA, FIFA “complicit, liars” in racism row — Fans Forum on 08:42 - Nov 12 with 3119 viewsNorthernr

I said that at the time when people were insisting it wasn't the case with Hugill. Season long loans all come with a break in January.
Hoos brands UEFA, FIFA “complicit, liars” in racism row — Fans Forum on 09:26 - Nov 12 with 3029 viewsTheChef

Thanks so much Clive, a great write up and something every QPR fan should read. We're very lucky to have these people looking after our club and turning things around as they have. Long may that continue.

Two things:

- I never realised we have two training ground sites! That's not ideal if the youth players are not getting time alongside the first teamers and hopefully being inspired by them.

- If ever fans wonder why we're not spending millions on a player, or signing someone on a free with ridiculous wage demands. Or simply why we have to be so prudent from a financial perspective, then this is the paragraph:

- On the economic need for a new ground LH said: “It’s always a possibility [that we could move out of the borough]. The club needs to move on if it’s to survive. We can’t keep relying on external shareholder funding to keep this thing moving. If you look at the financial results for this club over 25 years there was one year where a profit was made — when we divested Wasps they made £360,000 and I’m sure that was a goodwill payment having divested Wasps. Every year it makes a loss. We’ve been into administration once, we’ve been on the verge of it again. When you look at 25 years of results and you haven’t made a profit you realise you have to do something else to make this sustainable. Forget making a profit, I’d settle for a small loss or break even. At the moment it requires a lot of cash to keep this thing going.”

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Hoos brands UEFA, FIFA “complicit, liars” in racism row — Fans Forum on 09:26 - Nov 12 with 3027 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hoos brands UEFA, FIFA “complicit, liars” in racism row — Fans Forum on 07:19 - Nov 12 by distortR

I'd like to echo Brian's words, if not his accent, as he can be a bit touchy about dat...that.

Steady!!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hoos brands UEFA, FIFA “complicit, liars” in racism row — Fans Forum on 10:11 - Nov 12 with 2931 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Thanks a million. It hasn't gone unnoticed that you posted this at almost 4am. I would've happily waited until you'd slept off the grog and pizza!
Login to get fewer ads

Hoos brands UEFA, FIFA “complicit, liars” in racism row — Fans Forum on 10:13 - Nov 12 with 2924 viewsNorthernr

Hoos brands UEFA, FIFA “complicit, liars” in racism row — Fans Forum on 10:11 - Nov 12 by Benny_the_Ball

Thanks a million. It hasn't gone unnoticed that you posted this at almost 4am. I would've happily waited until you'd slept off the grog and pizza!

That pizza was bloody nice actually. Impressed with the venue.
Hoos brands UEFA, FIFA “complicit, liars” in racism row — Fans Forum on 10:15 - Nov 12 with 2921 viewsdaveB

Great report, thanks Clive. Is that discount at Westwood on matchdays? Could have saved myself a few quid the other week

On the loans I wouldn't be surprised if we send Smith and Mklaar back in January and sign someone else.

Bizarre to read complaints about 3 at the back, we've looked a far better side playing that way and makes it easier to get Eze and Chair on the ball in the oppositions half. Didn't work great at the weekend but overall it's the best system for us.
Hoos brands UEFA, FIFA “complicit, liars” in racism row — Fans Forum on 10:20 - Nov 12 with 2913 viewsNorthernr

Hoos brands UEFA, FIFA “complicit, liars” in racism row — Fans Forum on 10:15 - Nov 12 by daveB

Great report, thanks Clive. Is that discount at Westwood on matchdays? Could have saved myself a few quid the other week

On the loans I wouldn't be surprised if we send Smith and Mklaar back in January and sign someone else.

Bizarre to read complaints about 3 at the back, we've looked a far better side playing that way and makes it easier to get Eze and Chair on the ball in the oppositions half. Didn't work great at the weekend but overall it's the best system for us.

TBF, that was literally a couple of people I overheard with him afterwards while I was going to the bogs.

Not sure what the deal is with the discount on matchdays, think somebody said it's only in the evening after the game or something, but it's all other days and times.
Hoos brands UEFA, FIFA “complicit, liars” in racism row — Fans Forum on 11:23 - Nov 12 with 2776 viewsPinnerPaul

Thanks Clive. Interesting on the ref decisions side.

Things will NVER 'even themselves out' if the manager, fans and club 'forget' decisions that go for us.

On Saturday both Hall and Cameron committed 2 yellow card offences each and although I thought all 3 correct - their 'first' , their penalty shout and our first could have gone against us.

So on Saturday we got the rub of the green, but I bet it won't ever be mentioned again, unlike the Reading non pen and Brentford pen that MW brings up nearly every week!
Hoos brands UEFA, FIFA “complicit, liars” in racism row — Fans Forum on 11:52 - Nov 12 with 2726 viewssmegma

Hoos brands UEFA, FIFA “complicit, liars” in racism row — Fans Forum on 11:23 - Nov 12 by PinnerPaul

Thanks Clive. Interesting on the ref decisions side.

Things will NVER 'even themselves out' if the manager, fans and club 'forget' decisions that go for us.

On Saturday both Hall and Cameron committed 2 yellow card offences each and although I thought all 3 correct - their 'first' , their penalty shout and our first could have gone against us.

So on Saturday we got the rub of the green, but I bet it won't ever be mentioned again, unlike the Reading non pen and Brentford pen that MW brings up nearly every week!

I thought the ref was shocking on Saturday. I said so at the time and will never 'forget' a wrongly disallowed goal and a penalty claim.
Hoos brands UEFA, FIFA “complicit, liars” in racism row — Fans Forum on 13:30 - Nov 12 with 2524 viewshopphoops

Thanks Clive! Lee Hoos is great.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Hoos brands UEFA, FIFA “complicit, liars” in racism row — Fans Forum on 13:34 - Nov 12 with 2518 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Hoos brands UEFA, FIFA “complicit, liars” in racism row — Fans Forum on 10:13 - Nov 12 by Northernr

Me too, lovely spot. It was also my first fans forum so my benchmark for future events is now unrealistically high. Like RBlockPrior, I simply asked and my wish was granted.
Hoos brands UEFA, FIFA “complicit, liars” in racism row — Fans Forum on 17:42 - Nov 12 with 2148 viewsPikey

Great stuff thanks Clive. Also just watched the forum on the club site.
I have to say I'm a little concerned about any possible move to start shifting people around in the upper loft to create some central singing area. This was raised from the floor and seemed to meet with approval of the panel without anyone considering the detail. Lee Hoos had earlier mentioned ideas and that there would be consultation.
Having had my reasonably central seat for nigh on 30 years with those surrounding me of similar longevity I would object most strongly to being moved to accommodate this idea.
Hoos brands UEFA, FIFA “complicit, liars” in racism row — Fans Forum on 17:43 - Nov 12 with 2145 viewsCiderwithRsie

Hoos brands UEFA, FIFA “complicit, liars” in racism row — Fans Forum on 10:20 - Nov 12 by Northernr

TBF, that was literally a couple of people I overheard with him afterwards while I was going to the bogs.

Not sure what the deal is with the discount on matchdays, think somebody said it's only in the evening after the game or something, but it's all other days and times.

I wish I had a glamorous job like being a journalist.
Hoos brands UEFA, FIFA “complicit, liars” in racism row — Fans Forum on 18:56 - Nov 12 with 2036 viewsHunterhoop

Thanks, Clive. Really insightful.

Not that i’ve ever met him, but from what I read and hear from Hoos, I really like him. Sensible, intelligent, reasoned and fair.

Warburton’s comments were interesting. I appreciate what he is trying to do: create a style, an identity for how we play, focus on us, and make the players better technically. It’s laudable.

However, adaptability is crucial to success in any walk of life. Look at how Liverpool played Tottenham’s high press in the Champions League final; they went over the top and went long. Part of Liverpool’s success is down to pragmatism not the original unwavering to Klopp’s preferred style.

Full behind Warburton. But stubbornness is the enemy of adaptability; he’s need to make sure he doesn’t fall into the trap of the former like all former fans warned.
Hoos brands UEFA, FIFA “complicit, liars” in racism row — Fans Forum on 20:25 - Nov 12 with 1942 viewsFrankRightguard

Hoos brands UEFA, FIFA “complicit, liars” in racism row — Fans Forum on 17:42 - Nov 12 by Pikey

I have to say I'm a little concerned about any possible move to start shifting people around in the upper loft to create some central singing area. This was raised from the floor and seemed to meet with approval of the panel without anyone considering the detail. Lee Hoos had earlier mentioned ideas and that there would be consultation.
Having had my reasonably central seat for nigh on 30 years with those surrounding me of similar longevity I would object most strongly to being moved to accommodate this idea.

Seconded
Hoos brands UEFA, FIFA “complicit, liars” in racism row — Fans Forum on 01:47 - Nov 13 with 1682 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Hoos brands UEFA, FIFA “complicit, liars” in racism row — Fans Forum on 17:42 - Nov 12 by Pikey

With good reason. After the forum I spoke with a few of the fans who are campaigning for this. They're keen on increasing the atmosphere in the loft by replacing present incumbents with noisy fans from various blocks around the ground. However when I pointed out that many fans won't want to move and pressed them on how the club should decide who goes and who stays, they didn't have an answer.
Hoos brands UEFA, FIFA “complicit, liars” in racism row — Fans Forum on 02:05 - Nov 13 with 1680 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Hoos brands UEFA, FIFA “complicit, liars” in racism row — Fans Forum on 18:56 - Nov 12 by Hunterhoop

Thanks, Clive. Really insightful.

Not that i’ve ever met him, but from what I read and hear from Hoos, I really like him. Sensible, intelligent, reasoned and fair.

Warburton’s comments were interesting. I appreciate what he is trying to do: create a style, an identity for how we play, focus on us, and make the players better technically. It’s laudable.

However, adaptability is crucial to success in any walk of life. Look at how Liverpool played Tottenham’s high press in the Champions League final; they went over the top and went long. Part of Liverpool’s success is down to pragmatism not the original unwavering to Klopp’s preferred style.

Full behind Warburton. But stubbornness is the enemy of adaptability; he’s need to make sure he doesn’t fall into the trap of the former like all former fans warned.

Inclined to agree. As a general rule I'm delighted with the new philosophy but it shouldn't be the be all and end all. A little pragmatism is required on occasion.
Hoos brands UEFA, FIFA “complicit, liars” in racism row — Fans Forum on 07:09 - Nov 13 with 1593 viewssmegma

Hoos brands UEFA, FIFA “complicit, liars” in racism row — Fans Forum on 10:13 - Nov 12 by Northernr

All it takes is a pizza and you're anyones !!
Hoos brands UEFA, FIFA “complicit, liars” in racism row — Fans Forum on 07:15 - Nov 13 with 1585 viewsdistortR

Hoos brands UEFA, FIFA “complicit, liars” in racism row — Fans Forum on 07:09 - Nov 13 by smegma

All it takes is a pizza and you're anyones !!

his tastes are moving on. I think Paldini tried to woo him with bisuits?
Hoos brands UEFA, FIFA “complicit, liars” in racism row — Fans Forum on 07:53 - Nov 13 with 1555 viewsdanehoop

Hoos brands UEFA, FIFA “complicit, liars” in racism row — Fans Forum on 07:15 - Nov 13 by distortR

his tastes are moving on. I think Paldini tried to woo him with bisuits?

I thought it was a cheeky Nandos..

Never knowingly understood

Hoos brands UEFA, FIFA “complicit, liars” in racism row — Fans Forum on 09:12 - Nov 13 with 1481 viewsPommyhoop

Hoos brands UEFA, FIFA “complicit, liars” in racism row — Fans Forum 12th Nov 2019 03:41

And the Pope supports Celtic rather than Rangers and Bears use dock leaves to wipe their arses.
Luv ya work Mr Hoos

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024