Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whisky galore 16:22 - Dec 20 with 2538 viewshubble

Sorry if there's already a thread on this, but if not, it seems the perfect time of year to start one. I'll kick things off with a glorious dram I sampled round a friend's place last night: Inchmoan 12 year-old single malt from Loch Lomond. Gorgeous, honeyed smoky salted caramel flavours... I'll tak the high road thank you very much
Whisky galore on 16:52 - Dec 20 with 2480 viewsconnell10

I hate Whisky but if your talking Navy Rum I'll have a tot of Lambs please!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Whisky galore on 19:23 - Dec 20 with 2368 viewsPunteR

Glenmorangie 10 Year Old Single Malt Whisky will do me over the xmas break. Maybe not the connoisseurs choice but i likey.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Whisky galore on 19:47 - Dec 20 with 2356 viewscolinallcars

Laphroaig for me. Not everyone's cup of tea with its peaty taste but I rarely drink anything else.
Whisky galore on 19:52 - Dec 20 with 2349 viewsaston_hoop

An Old Pulteney 12 year old and a Cohiba Siglo II cigar for me on Christmas day. Its the right thing to do.

Edit - also, if you can ever get a chance to try this, it is absolute nectar of the Gods

https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/balvenie/balvenie-14-year-old-caribbean-ca
[Post edited 20 Dec 2019 20:14]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Whisky galore on 19:58 - Dec 20 with 2339 viewsdezzar

Ardbeg , Talisker , Highland park dragon legend, Laphroig for me not all at one though
Whisky galore on 20:14 - Dec 20 with 2326 viewsqueensparker

Whisky galore on 19:47 - Dec 20 by colinallcars

Laphroaig for me. Not everyone's cup of tea with its peaty taste but I rarely drink anything else.

I’m with you Colin love the peaty ones from Islay
[Post edited 20 Dec 2019 20:15]
Whisky galore on 21:01 - Dec 20 with 2268 viewskingo

I usually drink Taliske but was given a wee dram of Glen Goyne when I was in Glasgow and it was superb. On the rum front nothing touches Pussers, rum of the Royal Navy.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Whisky galore on 21:27 - Dec 20 with 2240 viewsloftboy

Visited the Bushmills distillery in March, that was rather nice.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Login to get fewer ads

Whisky galore on 22:49 - Dec 20 with 2188 viewsWoog

Ardbeg.

After which, there is no going back.
Whisky galore on 23:03 - Dec 20 with 2185 viewsessextaxiboy

It tastes like Tarmac to me . I prefer Talisker

Ballantines best of the blendeds IMO.

I love single malts at Christmas
Whisky galore on 00:22 - Dec 21 with 2159 viewssilky

Huge fan of this tipple. Quite rare to get hold of, although not a single malt it's smoother than any I've tried thus far and isn't peaty as I'm not a big fan of smoke.

The Japanese make the best Whisky IMO.

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Whisky galore on 00:32 - Dec 21 with 2150 viewswombat

Whisky galore on 00:22 - Dec 21 by silky

Huge fan of this tipple. Quite rare to get hold of, although not a single malt it's smoother than any I've tried thus far and isn't peaty as I'm not a big fan of smoke.

The Japanese make the best Whisky IMO.

Rather drink a bottle of 20/20 my self

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Whisky galore on 01:14 - Dec 21 with 2128 viewskarl

Drank blended whisky as a teenager but too many hangovers and unfortunately don't like it anymore.
My wife's cousin was a big mover in the trade and was head brewer at Scapa (most connoisseurs I know prefer it to Highland Park) but in the 90s they sold all stock to Japan and mothballed operations in Orkney so he got moved to a sister operation in Brechin.
He subsequently moved to Wick and Old Pulteney which suited his smaller operation skills but while cleaning out guttering he fell off a ladder and banged his head.
Although suffering long term injuries poor bugger lost his sense of taste and couldn't do his job anymore so kind of lost his main purpose, he was a great fella and sadly died last year similar age to me.
His advice to me was, same as music (which he was a natural too), don't force it just like what you like and if it's not for you just move on and find what you do like.
Freddie was a great lad and that's just good advice!
Whisky galore on 01:28 - Dec 21 with 2122 viewsBoston

Puked on whiskey when I was 17, glad to have got that out of the way.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Whisky galore on 01:43 - Dec 21 with 2118 viewshubble

Whisky galore on 01:28 - Dec 21 by Boston

Puked on whiskey when I was 17, glad to have got that out of the way.

The whisky connoisseurs of this world salute your noble effort.
Whisky galore on 05:09 - Dec 21 with 2096 viewsToast_R

Dalmore Portwood Reserve. An exellent whisky for a reasonable price. Very smooth.
Whisky galore on 08:45 - Dec 21 with 2041 viewsdistortR

Whisky galore on 19:23 - Dec 20 by PunteR

Glenmorangie 10 Year Old Single Malt Whisky will do me over the xmas break. Maybe not the connoisseurs choice but i likey.

i'm with you there mate. I've had more expensive whiskies for presents, but that's my favourite.

Lovely, and sad, story from Karl, and wonderful advice.
Whisky galore on 10:09 - Dec 21 with 2005 viewsPunteR

Whisky galore on 01:14 - Dec 21 by karl

Drank blended whisky as a teenager but too many hangovers and unfortunately don't like it anymore.
My wife's cousin was a big mover in the trade and was head brewer at Scapa (most connoisseurs I know prefer it to Highland Park) but in the 90s they sold all stock to Japan and mothballed operations in Orkney so he got moved to a sister operation in Brechin.
He subsequently moved to Wick and Old Pulteney which suited his smaller operation skills but while cleaning out guttering he fell off a ladder and banged his head.
Although suffering long term injuries poor bugger lost his sense of taste and couldn't do his job anymore so kind of lost his main purpose, he was a great fella and sadly died last year similar age to me.
His advice to me was, same as music (which he was a natural too), don't force it just like what you like and if it's not for you just move on and find what you do like.
Freddie was a great lad and that's just good advice!

I'll keep Freddie in mind when that first whiskey is poured this week.. Here's to Freddie.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Whisky galore on 12:00 - Dec 21 with 1964 viewsHunterhoop

I’m trying to get used to this, after someone bought it a while ago. Currently, I still think it tastes of petrol and burnt rubber.

Natural preference is usually for a Speyside single malt. Balvenie Doublewood is pretty reliable.

Have a Cardhu and Aberlour on the go too. The first is very easy drinking but not special. The second alright.

Bought my brother in law the new Cotswold whiskey for Christmas. Has won a lot of awards and has a very strong customer rating on Master of Malt. Only a 3yr old whisky too! Hopefully i’ll get to try some over Christmas.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024