Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? 13:34 - Jan 25 with 14122 viewsfreddieeddie

How can we struggle to get a sell out against Chelsea? If that's the case then that is embarrassing. Shocking in my opinion.

Poll: QPR future, what would you like to see happen

Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 13:41 - Jan 25 with 3681 viewsingeminate

people not got much money at the min
in the prem so Chelsea not as big a game as would have been last year
likely trouble puts some families off
we aren't really an FA Cup team so not many people confident we'll get a result

but still reckon we'll sell out by sat though good chance going to be a fair few chelsea in our end

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 13:43 - Jan 25 with 3657 viewsbaz_qpr

Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 13:41 - Jan 25 by ingeminate

but still reckon we'll sell out by sat though good chance going to be a fair few chelsea in our end

I aint going because

a) Its expensive and I cannot afford it last weekend of Jan before payday
b) Its going to be nasty with both clubs hooly's out in force
Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 13:45 - Jan 25 with 3637 viewsNorthernr

and people were moaning that we gave them both tiers. Can't say much about fulham fans if we can't even sell this one out.
Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 13:47 - Jan 25 with 3615 viewsbaz_qpr

A lot of parents wont bring their kids to this it will be like a Millwall game and as I said it is possibly the least affordable weekend for most being post christmas and pre pay
Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 13:48 - Jan 25 with 3611 viewsToast_R

Money dilemma here which has prompted me to blow this one out.

Holiday booked for March need the spending money
Moving home next month, solicitors fleecing me left right and central..
12pm Kick off clashes with work overtime which is prioirty....

Just decided I can do without it this week.

I did go MK Dons Replay mind....
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 13:48 - Jan 25 with 3610 viewsBluce_Ree

Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 13:43 - Jan 25 by baz_qpr

I aint going because

a) Its expensive and I cannot afford it last weekend of Jan before payday
b) Its going to be nasty with both clubs hooly's out in force

We don't have hoolies. Not real ones.

Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah. His crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 13:51 - Jan 25 with 3588 viewsCliff

Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 13:41 - Jan 25 by ingeminate

FA cup prices are traditionally cheaper than league prices, however this doesn't seem to be the case for this match, the tickets in Bronze are what a member would pay after discount in a cat 'A' game, and in Silver it's halfway between a cats 'A' and 'B' after members discount.

Couple this with the fact that we've already played them once at LR and many like myself can't justify the expenditure.
Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 13:53 - Jan 25 with 3565 viewsfreddieeddie

Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 13:48 - Jan 25 by Bluce_Ree

Is that not what makes us a small club and not attractive to play for? We've been out the premiership for 15 years. We finally get back to the bigtime and get a 4th round tie v Chelsea. We've beaten them already this season. And all these people can't raise 40 quid to attend. I just find it shocking really. I know not everyone can afford to go but it will be an embarrassment not to sell what tickets we are given.

Poll: QPR future, what would you like to see happen

Login to get fewer ads

Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 13:59 - Jan 25 with 3528 viewsRs_Holy

I am reluctantly going to this match but I think £40 is taking the Michael.

At £30 adults and £20 concessions I think the whole lot would have gone by now!

£40 for a 4th round FA cup tie is simply too much!
Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 14:00 - Jan 25 with 3523 viewsWesty75

Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 13:53 - Jan 25 by freddieeddie

Is that not what makes us a small club and not attractive to play for? We've been out the premiership for 15 years. We finally get back to the bigtime and get a 4th round tie v Chelsea. We've beaten them already this season. And all these people can't raise 40 quid to attend. I just find it shocking really. I know not everyone can afford to go but it will be an embarrassment not to sell what tickets we are given.

I can understand people not going due to expense, difficult times and all that, but I bet there are loads not going who'll spend that on a night or two down the pub this week. They should make the effort to be honest. Chelsea at home (in a game they really need to win if they're going to win anything this season), a few days before John Terry's court appearance? No brainer for me.
Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 14:00 - Jan 25 with 3515 views00calben

Perhaps people have lost love/faith in the Club after the dismissal of Warnock.

Perhaps people are fed up of spending their hard earned money every week to watch the Club they love being captained by Joey Barton

Perhaps everything that made them fall in love with the Club and what made the Club so special is either not there anymore or slowly fading away
Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 14:01 - Jan 25 with 3513 viewsCliff

Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 13:53 - Jan 25 by freddieeddie

We were told lowering ticket prices would be a priority under the new regime, to get the fans back on board.

Maybe when they see empty seats they'll realise that action not just words are needed.
Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 14:02 - Jan 25 with 3505 viewsA40Bosh

I must admit I had to be naughty and stick it on a credit card cos there is no cash until Friday and had I not bought the 2 tickets on the excuse of taking my dad for his birthday present I would not have got away with it either!!!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 14:03 - Jan 25 with 3496 viewsJamie

Imagine its a combination of:

£50 tickets at end of month
No chance of winning
Available online
Atmosphere going to be very nasty so few families
Lack of new signings
Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 14:06 - Jan 25 with 3477 viewsJonDoeman

Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 14:03 - Jan 25 by Jamie

No chance of winning
Available online
Lack of new signings

"No chance of winning "
------------------------------
FFS.

It Is What It Is !!

Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 14:07 - Jan 25 with 3470 viewsA40Bosh

No chance of winning
Available online
Lack of new signings

and still 3 days to go before the game.

Cant imagine there will many left by Saturday though

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 14:27 - Jan 25 with 3406 viewsFerdy

Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 14:00 - Jan 25 by 00calben

Perhaps people are fed up of spending their hard earned money every week to watch the Club they love being captained by Joey Barton

Perhaps everything that made them fall in love with the Club and what made the Club so special is either not there anymore or slowly fading away

Deary me I hope our fulham chums arent reading this thread.

We have trotted out pretty much the same excuses they give for not selling out away games.

I cant believe you are blaming Barton for supporters not selling out a game against chelsea, he may have some faults but preventing fans from buying tickets to see their fiercest rivals isn't one of them.
Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 14:28 - Jan 25 with 3394 viewsdaveB

Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 13:51 - Jan 25 by Cliff

FA cup prices are traditionally cheaper than league prices, however this doesn't seem to be the case for this match, the tickets in Bronze are what a member would pay after discount in a cat 'A' game, and in Silver it's halfway between a cats 'A' and 'B' after members discount.

Couple this with the fact that we've already played them once at LR and many like myself can't justify the expenditure.

it's cheaper than the league game against Chelsea, was £45 in the lower loft, I got one for £40 for this game. I think it's pretty piss poor if we can't sell this out, we've not had a 4th round game for 11 years
Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 14:32 - Jan 25 with 3367 viewsOakwoodR

Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 14:01 - Jan 25 by Cliff

We were told lowering ticket prices would be a priority under the new regime, to get the fans back on board.

Maybe when they see empty seats they'll realise that action not just words are needed.

We can't really be grumbling about £40 for a cup tie against Chelsea when we are putting in bids of £7 million for Samba, £3 million for Onuoha, £4 million for Alex etc.
The days of £20 tickets will only return if we get relegated to League 1.
The price of success is high unfortunately.
Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 14:34 - Jan 25 with 3342 viewskingsburyR

Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 13:48 - Jan 25 by Bluce_Ree

Its amazing what comes out of the woodwork on games like this.

Except Millwall (strange bunch) this will be all verbal threat and no action!

No hoolies putting me off going!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 14:35 - Jan 25 with 3336 viewsdaveB

No chance of winning
Available online
Lack of new signings

tickets are £40 not 50
we've got a chance, a slim one but a chance
is the game shown live online? I don't think FA Cup games are
Atmosphere will be electric like the last game if people turn up
we've signed around 15 players since the end of last season and will get more, how many new signings do you want?
Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 14:47 - Jan 25 with 3296 viewsBedford_R

Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 14:00 - Jan 25 by 00calben

You call yourself a QPR fan? We've had much tougher times than what you describe here and real fans have stuck with the club through thick and thin. I'll be there on Saturday as we might just beat them again....

RMH_R Reborn

Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 14:48 - Jan 25 with 3293 viewsrrrspricey

Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 14:35 - Jan 25 by daveB

tickets are £40 not 50
we've got a chance, a slim one but a chance
is the game shown live online? I don't think FA Cup games are
Atmosphere will be electric like the last game if people turn up
we've signed around 15 players since the end of last season and will get more, how many new signings do you want?

Atmosphere being Nasty is one of the reasons i am going. As with others it's difficult to justify the expenditure but i'm farked if i'm missing out on one of the most hostile atmospheres in our history.

Like said on another thread the gound will be mostly empty if everyone who throws a bit of abuse is removed.

Statement a complete waste of time & both clubs know it. Just a tick-box exercise imo.
Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 14:48 - Jan 25 with 3288 viewsGetMeRangers

Given the atomsphere last time, I can understand why many families would not go. It was proper hostile.... blooming fantastic, particularly watching the 'big name' Scum players completely lose the plot

Expecting to lose heavily, but the atompshere will still make it worthwhile.

Lot of tickets left, as they have not even started selling restricted view yet
Surely a disgrace if we don't sell out v Chelsea? on 14:50 - Jan 25 with 3272 viewsW7Ranger

Yes of course it's one of our biggest games. But do you think people are not going through choice or that they just can't be arsed???? Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez! Of course not!

If I could justify going, I WOULD! But as it is, I can't. Simple as. End of! Does that make me feel guilty or worried about how we'll look to Fulham or anyone else for that matter??? Does it fukk!! I love Rangers to bits, but sometimes finances/family/work comes first! I wish I had the money along with little or no commitments to follow the R's all over the country, but I haven't.

As has been said before, it's only Wednesday and chances are it will sell out come Saturday.

We sold out in 6 hours for the last game of last season against Leeds and some fans moaned they couldn't get a ticket. Now they because that haven't all sold out yet people are still moaning!!!

It is what it is guys. If you've got a ticket, great, well done, good for you! Go to the game and enjoy it. I'm jealous of all those that are going and wish I was going too, but I'll get over it. I sorted out 2 tickets for my mates today and I nearly caved in and got one, but that would've been purely selfish on my part so I didn't. So don't slag of those fans that for one reason or another are unable to go!

Just imagine the abuse I would've got had these tickets sold out today and I'd got one at the expense of someone else who'd been a lot more than me this season!!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024