Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sterling 08:32 - Jul 25 with 1108 viewsTheBlob

Is this a good idea?Undoubtedly talented - set up a nice goal the other night - but chances of first team experience might be as limited as up at Anfield?Still can't quite figure his best position,wide left probably where we have options anyway.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2178465/Raheem-Sterling-wanted

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Sterling on 09:05 - Jul 25 with 1043 viewsjonno

Can't see the point of giving one of our rivals youngsters experience really. It would be at the expense of our own players.
Sterling on 09:16 - Jul 25 with 996 viewsichbinnaughty

Sterling on 09:05 - Jul 25 by jonno

Can't see the point of giving one of our rivals youngsters experience really. It would be at the expense of our own players.

I'm amazed that we continue to be linked with attacking players (Defoe, Bellamy, Hoilett, castaignos @ Internazionale, Sterling, Santa Cruz, that young fella @ Barca....)

In my view, we are just one Chris Samba-like commanding CB away from being there.
And if not Samba then....who?
This is where I'd like to some names floated about as I struggle to think of many realistic/viable options.
And DON'T say Scott Dann. Fug that.
Sterling on 09:22 - Jul 25 with 971 viewsBasingstokeR

Sterling on 09:16 - Jul 25 by ichbinnaughty

I'm amazed that we continue to be linked with attacking players (Defoe, Bellamy, Hoilett, castaignos @ Internazionale, Sterling, Santa Cruz, that young fella @ Barca....)

In my view, we are just one Chris Samba-like commanding CB away from being there.
And if not Samba then....who?
This is where I'd like to some names floated about as I struggle to think of many realistic/viable options.
And DON'T say Scott Dann. Fug that.

Don't you mean B*llocks to Scott Dann
Sterling on 09:23 - Jul 25 with 969 viewsichbinnaughty

Sterling on 09:22 - Jul 25 by BasingstokeR

Don't you mean B*llocks to Scott Dann

Hehehehe
<wince>
Sterling on 09:27 - Jul 25 with 962 viewsnadera78

Sterling on 09:05 - Jul 25 by jonno

Agree. Loans like this are for Championship clubs.
Sterling on 10:31 - Jul 25 with 834 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sterling on 09:27 - Jul 25 by nadera78

Agree. Loans like this are for Championship clubs.

agree - actually believe that loans between Prem League clubs should be banned - except for perhaps players under 20. Even then I'm not convinced.

Bare bones.

Sterling on 10:40 - Jul 25 with 808 viewsadhoc_qpr

Looks like he'll be a decent player (if he stays on the rails and stops knocking up scouse birds) but i don't think we need him.

We have loads of options on the wing (especially if we get Hoillet) plus lots of versatile players who can play multiple across the midfield positions (Mackie, SWP, Park, Adel etc).

We don't NEED to sign anyone else but the right centreback would be welcome.
Sterling on 10:42 - Jul 25 with 803 viewsHollowayRanger

whatever happened to that other wonder kid of ours parrot ?

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Login to get fewer ads

Sterling on 11:03 - Jul 25 with 759 viewsbarbicanranger

Saw the title of this thread and thought we may have Euro vs Sterling debate on our hands...
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Sterling on 11:27 - Jul 25 with 695 viewsQPunkR

Sterling on 11:03 - Jul 25 by barbicanranger

Saw the title of this thread and thought we may have Euro vs Sterling debate on our hands...

Dean *Parrett* is still at Spuds

QPR - "shit but local"

Sterling on 12:58 - Jul 25 with 601 viewsSpiritofGregory

No. Let him rot at Liverpool.
Sterling on 13:08 - Jul 25 with 561 viewsChurchOfLes

Tony Fernandes made a comment the other day that he'd rather not be training other teams players.

I'm sure one loan is all we'll be taking on.
Sterling on 13:26 - Jul 25 with 527 viewsHollowayRanger

Sterling on 11:27 - Jul 25 by QPunkR

Dean *Parrett* is still at Spuds

any nearer breaking into the team? or still rotting away might have played 100-150 games by now elsewhere

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Sterling on 13:29 - Jul 25 with 516 viewsnadera78

Sterling on 13:26 - Jul 25 by HollowayRanger

any nearer breaking into the team? or still rotting away might have played 100-150 games by now elsewhere

Spurs in 'stacking young players' shocker.
Sterling on 13:30 - Jul 25 with 512 viewshoopstilidie

Sterling on 13:26 - Jul 25 by HollowayRanger

He's made a grand total of around 30 games in 3 years at League 1 level and below.

Should have stayed IMHO

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Sterling on 13:38 - Jul 25 with 491 viewsnadera78

Sterling on 13:30 - Jul 25 by hoopstilidie

He's made a grand total of around 30 games in 3 years at League 1 level and below.

Should have stayed IMHO

TBF the club practically drove the kid to Spurs, so desperate were they for the money. I know at one point both Paladini and John Gregory were telling him he should go to Chelsea, but he chose Spurs because his dad supports them.

Then again, we never did find out how much they paid for him. Another one of Paladini's flexible figures depending on who he was talking to.
Sterling on 13:56 - Jul 25 with 462 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sterling on 13:30 - Jul 25 by hoopstilidie

Should have stayed IMHO

It's odd that Clive and many other think that good young players will be better if they play first team football at a Champ club rather than reserves at a Prem club. It's extremely difficult, if not impossible, to prove that this is the case.
The most likely explanation with Parrett is that he just didn't progress as everyone expected. Many young players don't. Many progress far better than expected. It now looks like an absolutely superb deal for Rangers to have sold him, which I thought it was at the time. If he doesn't pull up trees on loan in league one, he's hardly likely to have magically become a genius playing for us in the Championship.

Bare bones.

Sterling on 14:13 - Jul 25 with 422 viewsTacticalR

At least Parrett gets to play alongside John Bostock at Spurs.

Air hostess clique

Sterling on 14:15 - Jul 25 with 412 viewsrunningman75

Sterling on 14:13 - Jul 25 by TacticalR

At least Parrett gets to play alongside John Bostock at Spurs.

I would rather take Carroll on loan.
Sterling on 14:19 - Jul 25 with 401 viewsJamie

Sterling on 13:56 - Jul 25 by Antti_Heinola

It's odd that Clive and many other think that good young players will be better if they play first team football at a Champ club rather than reserves at a Prem club. It's extremely difficult, if not impossible, to prove that this is the case.
The most likely explanation with Parrett is that he just didn't progress as everyone expected. Many young players don't. Many progress far better than expected. It now looks like an absolutely superb deal for Rangers to have sold him, which I thought it was at the time. If he doesn't pull up trees on loan in league one, he's hardly likely to have magically become a genius playing for us in the Championship.

John Bostock is the prime example really. Very promising young Championship player at 15, recruited to a PL club where he has stagnated and probably regressed to the level where he's been unsuccessfully scratching around L1 & 2 on loan.

At the same time, Clyne turned down offers to move to PL academies and got playing time under his belt and has moved up to the PL surely a better player for it.
Sterling on 14:19 - Jul 25 with 400 viewss1cRanger

Im pretty sure John Bostock went to Swindon last season and was sigining for them for this one under Di Canio.

Regarding sterling - agree with the rest of you, why take him on loan. I still think we need on more attacking player to provide ample back up for injuries ect and Bellemy or similar would be great...

Also need as previously mentioned one more quality defender

(this is presumming that Hoilett has signed and will go through soon)
Sterling on 14:22 - Jul 25 with 396 viewsBklynRanger

Unless there was a clause to buy him there's no way we should do this imo.

We don't need to loose a player to Liverpool and then go cap in hand thanking them for letting us further develop that same player.
Sterling on 15:48 - Jul 25 with 320 viewsHollowayRanger

to be fair its worked for kyle walker and maybe naughton

might just be a case that our wonder kids werent that good

stapleton parrott (the keeper that went portsmouth) sterling?

Listen to the band play!

Sterling on 16:20 - Jul 25 with 304 viewsnadera78

Sterling on 15:48 - Jul 25 by HollowayRanger

to be fair its worked for kyle walker and maybe naughton

might just be a case that our wonder kids werent that good

stapleton parrott (the keeper that went portsmouth) sterling?

Liam O'Brien is the GK. First choice at Barnet now, aged 21 I think. Better for him to be playing regularly at that age than sitting around playing friendlies in a PL 'development' squad.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024