Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Old Oak..re; possible stadium site 17:12 - Jun 28 with 3542 viewshoopstilidie

http://www.qpr1st.com/news/community/a-new-vision-for-old-oak/

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Old Oak..re; possible stadium site on 17:54 - Jun 28 with 2820 viewsMedwayR

http://www.london.gov.uk/sites/default/files/Old_Oak_Part_1.pdf

Pg 28: The site could also potentially accommodate a sports stadium that could contribute to the delivery of improved links to Willesden Junction Station.

Also see Pg 29 & 30

Think we're going to end up at Old Oak Common, no surprise there..
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Who’s better?

Old Oak..re; possible stadium site on 18:34 - Jun 28 with 2719 viewshoopstilidie

Old Oak..re; possible stadium site on 17:54 - Jun 28 by MedwayR

http://www.london.gov.uk/sites/default/files/Old_Oak_Part_1.pdf

Pg 28: The site could also potentially accommodate a sports stadium that could contribute to the delivery of improved links to Willesden Junction Station.

Also see Pg 29 & 30

Think we're going to end up at Old Oak Common, no surprise there..

Yep it all seems to be pointing that way.

Old Oak..re; possible stadium site on 18:43 - Jun 28 with 2685 viewshoopstilidie

Proposed siting of stadium from the PDF doc page 30.

Old Oak..re; possible stadium site on 18:48 - Jun 28 with 2673 viewsMedwayR

Also say later in that pdf that a new stadium (or similar) could act as a catalyst to speed up the development of the area by getting infrastructure in place early, sounds promising

Old Oak..re; possible stadium site on 19:09 - Jun 28 with 2631 viewsQPR1882

NW London ?
Old Oak..re; possible stadium site on 19:21 - Jun 28 with 2597 viewsGloucs_R

Old Oak..re; possible stadium site on 19:09 - Jun 28 by QPR1882

NW London ?

2.5 mils from LR and only 2 miles from Queens Park.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Old Oak..re; possible stadium site on 19:27 - Jun 28 with 2571 viewsShotKneesHoop

It will need Ocean Billy's and the White Horse to re-locate to Old Oak to make it a viable cultural mecca

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Old Oak..re; possible stadium site on 19:28 - Jun 28 with 2568 viewshoopstilidie

Old Oak..re; possible stadium site on 19:09 - Jun 28 by QPR1882

NW London ?

Login to get fewer ads

Old Oak..re; possible stadium site on 19:29 - Jun 28 with 2561 viewsMedwayR

2miles from Loftus Road & still in borough of H&F. Think I read that developers will be able to put forward proposals in early 2014 with the potential to begin the construction process in 2015. Also very close to the location of one of our former homes at Park Royal Stadium, excellent transport links (eventually), couldn't really ask for much more

Old Oak..re; possible stadium site on 19:36 - Jun 28 with 2541 viewsHollowayRanger

aint got a clue where that is might as well be on mars ?

shocking to thing my local team is just 5 mins up the road and i hate them

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Old Oak..re; possible stadium site on 19:49 - Jun 28 with 2500 viewshoopstilidie

Old Oak..re; possible stadium site on 19:36 - Jun 28 by HollowayRanger

aint got a clue where that is might as well be on mars ?

shocking to thing my local team is just 5 mins up the road and i hate them

The map is pretty clear. Has the tube stations on it if you're that stuck.

Old Oak..re; possible stadium site on 20:09 - Jun 28 with 2460 viewsHollowayRanger

Old Oak..re; possible stadium site on 19:49 - Jun 28 by hoopstilidie

The map is pretty clear. Has the tube stations on it if you're that stuck.

very true but if i asked you where was tollington park would you know?

maps fine tells me its a long walk fron loftus road, old oak ? what lines that on and what zone

white city 45 min trip from mine zone 1-2 ,nice and easy

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Old Oak..re; possible stadium site on 20:55 - Jun 28 with 2374 viewshoopstilidie

Old Oak..re; possible stadium site on 20:09 - Jun 28 by HollowayRanger

maps fine tells me its a long walk fron loftus road, old oak ? what lines that on and what zone

I would be able to work out where it was yes. With the aid of google etc.
Seriously it's a very clear map. Even has a scale on it.

There you go, 30 seconds on google.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Oak_Common_railway_station

Old Oak..re; possible stadium site on 23:12 - Jun 28 with 2192 viewsHollowayRanger

Old Oak..re; possible stadium site on 20:55 - Jun 28 by hoopstilidie

I would be able to work out where it was yes. With the aid of google etc.
Seriously it's a very clear map. Even has a scale on it.

There you go, 30 seconds on google.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Oak_Common_railway_station

Old Oak Common railway station estimated opening date of 2026

no rush then

Listen to the band play!

Old Oak..re; possible stadium site on 23:29 - Jun 28 with 2173 viewshoopstilidie

Old Oak..re; possible stadium site on 23:12 - Jun 28 by HollowayRanger

Old Oak Common railway station estimated opening date of 2026

no rush then

You really are incredibly dim aren't you?

Old Oak..re; possible stadium site on 23:31 - Jun 28 with 2166 viewsmichael67

Nearest station is Willesden Junction. There also appears to be a bridge on the map directly from the station to the stadium.

I bet the pub in station road will be relishing the new found custom.

Poll: Do you enjoy NorthermRs presser posts, and wish to see them every week?

Old Oak..re; possible stadium site on 23:59 - Jun 28 with 2135 viewsShotKneesHoop

Old Oak..re; possible stadium site on 23:31 - Jun 28 by michael67

Nearest station is Willesden Junction. There also appears to be a bridge on the map directly from the station to the stadium.

I bet the pub in station road will be relishing the new found custom.

If they got rid of SWP, Boswanka, Park and the other dozen wasters - they could afford to build a tube line direct to the ground.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Old Oak..re; possible stadium site on 00:11 - Jun 29 with 2127 viewskensalriser

Old Oak..re; possible stadium site on 20:09 - Jun 28 by HollowayRanger

Highbury & Islington to Willesden Junction, 25 mins.

And yes, I do know where Tollington Park is, links Stroud Green Rd and Hornsey Rd on the north border of that scuzzy estate.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Old Oak..re; possible stadium site on 00:59 - Jun 29 with 2081 viewsHollowayRanger

If it aint on underground i aint got a clue

dont drive and only bus i ever take is one to work rest of time its walk or tube

still if train is fron H+I that aint too bad bit of a walk mind

Listen to the band play!

Old Oak..re; possible stadium site on 01:54 - Jun 29 with 2057 viewsqprmick

Sad for people like me. There goes Wormwood Scrubs a great slab of greenery among the drabness. I played football on that part many a time. Carrying out the goal posts and washing in troughs that were more suitable for horses. Oh well that's life and progress.

Qprmick

Old Oak..re; possible stadium site on 05:58 - Jun 29 with 2012 viewscollegeranger

Old Oak..re; possible stadium site on 01:54 - Jun 29 by qprmick

Sad for people like me. There goes Wormwood Scrubs a great slab of greenery among the drabness. I played football on that part many a time. Carrying out the goal posts and washing in troughs that were more suitable for horses. Oh well that's life and progress.

Ehhh. Wormwood Scrubs doesn't get touched. If this goes through and its the most likely I still think that Kensington Gas Works site is the most likely for us. Will still be walkable from Old Oak, Shepherds Bush, Wood Lane and on land that wedged by railways and canals so of poor residential use.
Old Oak..re; possible stadium site on 08:42 - Jun 29 with 1909 viewsbarbicanranger

They've even painted the stadium blue...unless it's Chelsea relocating there..?

The options in the nearby area are clearly limited. Kensal, queens park and surrounds are littered with Qpr fans so this site seems to make sense from that point of view. For all those who come in from west along m40 the site is probably not going to change their match day journey significantly. For the tube masses it is slightly different - stadium sight looks closest to willesden so it's probably bakerloo or overground till new transport infrastructure is in, although walking from North Acton or even White City probably wouldn't be too bad... As mentioned above it's a site that is in close proximity to where the club has always been so can't complain.
Old Oak..re; possible stadium site on 09:01 - Jun 29 with 1885 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Let's face it, it's a dream site for a relocation. Not only would we have a found some precious new land in our home area, but before long we would have the best transport links imaginable.

The whole idea of moving makes me incredibly nervous, but if this were the site it would mean one less thing to worry about.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Old Oak..re; possible stadium site on 10:08 - Jun 29 with 1824 viewsNorthLondonR

Old Oak..re; possible stadium site on 00:11 - Jun 29 by kensalriser

Highbury & Islington to Willesden Junction, 25 mins.

And yes, I do know where Tollington Park is, links Stroud Green Rd and Hornsey Rd on the north border of that scuzzy estate.

You b@stard I live on the edge of said Elthorne estate - you're right it's an absolute sh!thole.
Old Oak..re; possible stadium site on 10:42 - Jun 29 with 1770 viewsHollowayRanger

Old Oak..re; possible stadium site on 10:08 - Jun 29 by NorthLondonR

You b@stard I live on the edge of said Elthorne estate - you're right it's an absolute sh!thole.

the council tried to move us onto that estate/area many moons ago back in early 80's we took one look said no back then 3 got 3 choices

1. tollington
2.top of tower block hornsey
3.nice flat where someone hanged themself in what would be my bedroom strangly aged 14 i didnt fancy that as the hook was still there

even more weird we were then offered a 4th option upstairs flat on very nice well to do road lived in by old polish princess (who had died) kept two small dogs who pooed everywhere inside,well i hope it was the dogs poo!

mum and dad spent about a month cleaning it before we could move in

Listen to the band play!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024