Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It seems we are not very good 12:48 - Aug 25 with 4061 viewsWeaverQPR

Looking at various forums (Hudds,Ipswich), the latest being Boltons it seems to be that we are not very good given the players weve got at our disposal.
All i seem to be reading is 'if we had of had X player playing today we would of beat QPR'.
So the fact we are winning games and controlling possession without reaching top gear can only be a good sign.

@WeavQPR

It seems we are not very good on 12:58 - Aug 25 with 3262 viewsNorthernr

So we're not very good, but if they had our players they'd have won
It seems we are not very good on 13:01 - Aug 25 with 3251 viewsNeil_SI

The general theme right now is that pretty much everybody is a work in progress, if you look at all of the performances and the potential. It's who can realise their potential and sustain it the longest that counts.

We have to be pleased that we're not in top form and yet still winning matches and picking up points. It's vitally important and a real bonus, because most of the games we've been involved in still could have easily ended up with a different result.

We're still finding our feet like a lot of other clubs, but, if we can reproduce the kind of football we did for the goal we scored yesterday then you can see there's plenty in the locker. We fashioned that more on impulse out of nowhere, but not once did the football ever really hit anywhere near those heights before and after the goal.

So that bodes well for us — but we must make sure we find that level or somewhere near it more often. I think importantly (and where I've been impressed) is the management team are keeping their feet on the ground. They know where we're weak and strong and are not getting carried away. It's steady progress and that's all it needs to be at this stage.
It seems we are not very good on 13:03 - Aug 25 with 3238 viewsDWQPR

If Huddersfield had Julio Cesar in goal we would have had a cricket score.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

It seems we are not very good on 13:09 - Aug 25 with 3208 viewsMedwayR

I don't think we've been very good so far, but we've been good enough & will get a lot better. Early days but the fact that we're still settling down as a team following a big overhaul in the summer but still picking up wins is a very good sign, once we get going we could & arguably should stroll this division.

Poll: Who’s better?

It seems we are not very good on 13:15 - Aug 25 with 3170 viewsWeaverQPR

*NorthernR

What i meant was if the opposition had whoever it is theyve got out injured at the moment(Pratley,Eagles etc) playing they would of beat us. That seems to be the general feeling when browsing oppo forums.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2013 13:16]

@WeavQPR

It seems we are not very good on 13:18 - Aug 25 with 3147 viewsTGRRRSSS

I don't think we were that great yesterday either, but those people are clutching at straws somewhat the fact is Ipswich and Bolton were beaten, Bolton were for the most part negated by us quite well, we did give them too much ball but with players still bedding in its early days and I suspect we will improve a lot all things being equal, another tough game next week and if we can get something up at Leeds it will be an excellent first months work in my opinion.
It seems we are not very good on 13:25 - Aug 25 with 3125 viewsDesertBoot

If this and if that. We were classic Championship away team yesterday and such performances will get us promoted.

Wish I could be like David Watts

It seems we are not very good on 13:29 - Aug 25 with 3111 viewsEalingRanger

It seems we are not very good on 13:25 - Aug 25 by DesertBoot

If this and if that. We were classic Championship away team yesterday and such performances will get us promoted.

There is something very about us this season that reminds me of Newcastle and West Ham in the seasons they came straight back up. We have a lot of grit and determination and spirt at the moment. We are looking much better than I thought we would to be honest.
Login to get fewer ads

It seems we are not very good on 13:34 - Aug 25 with 3091 viewsTGRRRSSS

Me too, we know its early days but the hangover from last season has been put aside, fresh players and impetus plus poisonous players having mostly gone. PLenty of football to play this season but we've now won 3 from first 4 and already beaten an early season promotion favourite. Be good when window is shut so we know whats what till January at least.
It seems we are not very good on 13:38 - Aug 25 with 3071 viewsEalingRanger

It seems we are not very good on 13:34 - Aug 25 by TGRRRSSS

Me too, we know its early days but the hangover from last season has been put aside, fresh players and impetus plus poisonous players having mostly gone. PLenty of football to play this season but we've now won 3 from first 4 and already beaten an early season promotion favourite. Be good when window is shut so we know whats what till January at least.

Adding to that I have been pretty surprised by just how low the quality of the league is in general so far (Watford aside really). Ipswich who many were talking up as promotion candidates, were absolutely dreadful and Bolton were not much better yesterday.

The usual '12 teams can win the Champ' stuff rings false. Already I see this as being between about 4 teams.
It seems we are not very good on 13:41 - Aug 25 with 3056 viewsNeil_SI

It seems we are not very good on 13:29 - Aug 25 by EalingRanger

There is something very about us this season that reminds me of Newcastle and West Ham in the seasons they came straight back up. We have a lot of grit and determination and spirt at the moment. We are looking much better than I thought we would to be honest.

Yes I agree, there is a touch of the Newcastle and West Ham about us from their promotion seasons, I've definitely seen those similarities.

When I look around the division right now though, I think Watford and Nottingham Forest have the most settled squads, in terms of the work in progress and the most identity in terms of their players understanding what they're expected to do.

So for me, they're slightly further along than the rest at this time, but we have the potential to match and possibly surpass those teams after a period of time. That's what I'm hoping to see anyway.
It seems we are not very good on 13:41 - Aug 25 with 3052 viewsTGRRRSSS

I think the League is weaker this year than last 3 or 4 probably so in the past more could win it, but the idea only one of say four or 5 is probably true.
Sometimes that is based on a name - EG Leeds - than it does the tools they have at their disposal.
Forest look tidy, Watford haven't they already lost a game or is that my imagination?
It seems we are not very good on 13:43 - Aug 25 with 3047 viewsWeaverQPR

Its been proved over the years you don't need to be Barcelona to get out of this league.

@WeavQPR

It seems we are not very good on 13:52 - Aug 25 with 3020 viewsTacticalR

Ee Aye Addio,
We're not very good,
We're not very good.

Air hostess clique

It seems we are not very good on 13:55 - Aug 25 with 3003 viewsSpiritofGregory

What other fans don't realise is that 18 players have left and 6 come in therefore the team is still bedding in. We may have so called star names but lets face it, players like SWP and Zamora are living off past performances which were a long time ago, these players are more of a handicap. We'll probably bring in a couple more and with Phillips start firing on all cylinders.

What was key is that we didn't have a bad start. Everything seems to be going to plan.
It seems we are not very good on 13:58 - Aug 25 with 2990 viewsrsonist

Cardiff didn't blow anyone's socks off last season either.
It seems we are not very good on 14:04 - Aug 25 with 2961 viewsSpiritofGregory

I understand it Huddersfield or Bolton fans said we didn't look that great, to me we executed a classic solid away performance. However, we murdered Ipswich, Charlie should have scored 2 or 3.
It seems we are not very good on 14:21 - Aug 25 with 2907 viewsHAYESBOY

Think we have been nowhere near our best so far.....yet have 10 out of 12 points.

When Hoillet and M.Phillips are fit and our side gels more I think we will see the best of us come out.

Think we need a CB and Striker to what we have now.

Smells like a trout farm in here

It seems we are not very good on 14:24 - Aug 25 with 2898 viewsTheBlob

Funny they didn't mention the "exquisite" move(as someone called it) that resulted in the goal.You don't often get skill like that outside the Prem.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

It seems we are not very good on 14:55 - Aug 25 with 2812 viewsCiderwithRsie

It seems we are not very good on 13:15 - Aug 25 by WeaverQPR

*NorthernR

What i meant was if the opposition had whoever it is theyve got out injured at the moment(Pratley,Eagles etc) playing they would of beat us. That seems to be the general feeling when browsing oppo forums.

Yeah and if AJ and Faurlin and Dyer had been fit all last year I suppose we'd have stayed up. And of course Hill is our obvious first choice at full-back, isn't he?

Always good to be underestimated by the opposition. Given that I'll admit I thought we'd be mid-table this year I'll take the points and the league position and worry about performances when we actually start losing.

Come to think of it, weren't there lots of comments about scorelines flattering us at the start of the promotion season?
It seems we are not very good on 15:16 - Aug 25 with 2759 viewswestberksr

It seems we are not very good on 14:55 - Aug 25 by CiderwithRsie

Yeah and if AJ and Faurlin and Dyer had been fit all last year I suppose we'd have stayed up. And of course Hill is our obvious first choice at full-back, isn't he?

Always good to be underestimated by the opposition. Given that I'll admit I thought we'd be mid-table this year I'll take the points and the league position and worry about performances when we actually start losing.

Come to think of it, weren't there lots of comments about scorelines flattering us at the start of the promotion season?

was thinking that it's shaping up a bit like the promo season. somewhat dogged but efficient away from home, just need to get on the front foot at home.

the back 4/6 (inc JB & KH) had an uncompromising look to it. Once we get Mills and Hoillet going down the wings the team should look more inventive and balanced.
It seems we are not very good on 15:40 - Aug 25 with 2709 viewskensalriser

I don't think we've looked at all convincing so far. We've shaded games rather than controlled them and haven't really faced a stern test yet. There's a lack of communication upfront, too little creativity in central midfield and not enough precision of passing. Conversely, we've been the better team every game and dug out the results. If we improve, and I think we can, we'll be challenging for the top 4.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

It seems we are not very good on 00:51 - Aug 26 with 2300 viewstimcocking

We're not very good, but they're shat.
It seems we are not very good on 11:37 - Aug 26 with 1981 viewsPinnerPaul

It seems we are not very good on 13:15 - Aug 25 by WeaverQPR

*NorthernR

That's why it always has been and always will be about your SQUAD.

20 - 25% of your squad will be missing through injury suspension.

Ipswich played same 11 for the 3rd time running on Sat - reason it got a mention? Its so rare.

Usually only a handful players in any division now play every game and , again,it always gets a mention last game of the season because its so unusual.
It seems we are not very good on 11:52 - Aug 26 with 1952 viewsCHUBBS

It seems we are not very good on 15:16 - Aug 25 by westberksr

was thinking that it's shaping up a bit like the promo season. somewhat dogged but efficient away from home, just need to get on the front foot at home.

the back 4/6 (inc JB & KH) had an uncompromising look to it. Once we get Mills and Hoillet going down the wings the team should look more inventive and balanced.

Matt Mills running down our wing?

This is exactly the way we started the last promotion season looking effective if not stylish.The difference this time is we have a far superior squad with more quality(we hope)to come.
I didn't expect the team to hit the ground running so our results have been a real surprise with the credit going to Harry for reversing last seasons poisonous dressing room atmosphere.
We will have a bad run but we must stick behind the management and the team.
A QPR team sweating blood for the shirt,who'd have believed it?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024