Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
looks like hooper definately comming to qpr 10:24 - Jun 11 with 4273 viewsmorgantwin

looks like hooper fits the bill norwich want back there five million,hes been on the wanted list for five years when he was at scunthorpe but then he was valued at one million
if hooper come to rangers he must expect to be a second choice striker who will have to fight his way into the first team
but it seems that hooper will finally be comming to qpr aged 26

Poll: in last fifty years what was greatest ever atmosphere

looks like hooper definately comming to qpr on 10:31 - Jun 11 with 3189 viewsN12Hoop

Last year it seemed like we used as the bait to help secure himself the Norwich deal so part of me says F Off. He's living on a reputation gained predominantly from playing in Scotland so. Is he actually a Prem quality player anyway?

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

looks like hooper definately comming to qpr on 10:33 - Jun 11 with 3165 viewssmegma

looks like hooper definately comming to qpr on 10:31 - Jun 11 by N12Hoop

Last year it seemed like we used as the bait to help secure himself the Norwich deal so part of me says F Off. He's living on a reputation gained predominantly from playing in Scotland so. Is he actually a Prem quality player anyway?

Even Mark Hately looked good in Scotland.
looks like hooper definately comming to qpr on 10:35 - Jun 11 with 3156 viewsexiled_dictator

looks like hooper definately comming to qpr on 10:33 - Jun 11 by smegma

Even Mark Hately looked good in Scotland.

As does Georgios Samaras

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

looks like hooper definately comming to qpr on 10:38 - Jun 11 with 3134 viewsTacticalR

Isn't strange how teams come and go from the Premiership, but certain players remain the same? I guess clubs are only stages for their dramatic talents.

Air hostess clique

looks like hooper definately comming to qpr on 10:48 - Jun 11 with 3075 viewskingsburyR

Used us to broker a deal with Norwich.

I for one would not welcome him to Loftus Road!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

looks like hooper definately comming to qpr on 10:55 - Jun 11 with 3027 viewsDoughnut

Didn't set the world alight at Norwich. A BIG NO THANKS!!!
looks like hooper definately comming to qpr on 10:59 - Jun 11 with 2973 viewsDiscodroid

agree with the above postings. no thanks.

would rather have ross mcormack, much better player.

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

looks like hooper definately comming to qpr on 11:01 - Jun 11 with 2970 views08olesen

Absolutely not if he is going to cost 5 million. You could get ravel or that Icelandic fella for that. Was very average last year, and had some good players around him like Redmond and Snograss. We also need pace and he isnt exactly Hoilet or Traore fast is he?

Poll: Who will the other play off

Login to get fewer ads

looks like hooper definately comming to qpr on 11:06 - Jun 11 with 2941 viewssmegma

looks like hooper definately comming to qpr on 10:55 - Jun 11 by Doughnut

Didn't set the world alight at Norwich. A BIG NO THANKS!!!

The only decent thing to say about is he's better than Rip van Wolfspenis.
looks like hooper definately comming to qpr on 11:14 - Jun 11 with 2901 viewsdanehoop

I kind of agree with the need for pace and guile, in the Prem and that is something we may lack. I would like Ross Mcormack - but wonder if he was the player that Warnock may have advised Harry against picking up previously (think we looked at him last season). On the face of it he really should be playing at a higher level and with Leeds currently in a financial mess I'd be surprised if he is there when the season starts unless it is because there is something else adverse about him.

Hooper I think could do a job for us, working along side Austin perhaps and maybe feeding off what he brings. As others note though, being a flat track bully in the lower leagues and Scotland doesnt always transfer to form at the highest level. To be fair, in a poor Norwich side last season he did score goals, but they also managed to take a proven goal scorer like Van WOlfswinkel and turn him into a pile of shyte within one season. So just not sure exactly how good Hooper really is at the top flight. Working on the distinct possibility that we could have a yo-yo few seasons ahead, he might be a useful addition if we think we may go down again the following year.

I think the Icelandic striker would be a better choice, but I am not sure (anymore that I am sure about Hooper) that he has much interest in leaving Holland where is doing well, to join what is likely to be a struggling side in the Prem for what may only be a season.

On that basis Hooper may be more likely (even though Norwich have stamped on any suggestion he has handed in a transfer request) MCormack looks possibly best value and Icelandic bloke most potential.

So we will get Rio instead.

Never knowingly understood

looks like hooper definately comming to qpr on 11:32 - Jun 11 with 2815 viewsBrightonhoop

No thanks. He should be getting Naarwich back up just for starters. You go down with a team you get them back up.

He's very poor anyway, never set the world alite anywhere.
looks like hooper definately comming to qpr on 11:39 - Jun 11 with 2786 viewsdaveB

he didn't get many chances at Norwich, I still think he's a good player and someone worth looking at, he'd certainly improve us in the final third
looks like hooper definately comming to qpr on 11:41 - Jun 11 with 2768 viewsloftus77

looks like hooper definately comming to qpr on 10:35 - Jun 11 by exiled_dictator

As does Georgios Samaras

don't tell Clive - he loves the game north of the border.
looks like hooper definately comming to qpr on 11:43 - Jun 11 with 2754 viewsqueensparkdanger

Had a bad season in a poor Norwich side, I for one was disappointed not to get him last summer but couldn't blame him for going there and playing in the Prem.
Hasn't become a bad player overnight, might be better for the experience and lets hope he hits the ground running with us, yes McCormack would be a good signing but lets be honest Hooper has to be a better option than Maiga, Hughes and more use to us than Johnson?
looks like hooper definately comming to qpr on 11:50 - Jun 11 with 2700 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sauce?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

looks like hooper definately comming to qpr on 11:52 - Jun 11 with 2688 viewsdanehoop

Quick look at his scoring record would suggest that he has pretty good record:

Grays Athletic - 24 goals in 90 appearances
Southend - 4 goals in 44 appearances
Orient - 2 goals in 4 appearances
Hereford - 11 goals in 19 appearances
Scunthorpe - 50 goals in 95 appearances
Celtic - 82 goals in 138 appearances
Norwich - 8 goals in 34 appearances

Career average of 181 goals in 424 games isnt too bad. So not sure you can say he hasn't set the world alight. The question is whether he is good enough for a lower level Prem/Upper Championship team? Not sure, but with his record and a sub £5M price tag I can see he would be tempting (not least because we have tried to buy at least twice under different management teams).

Never knowingly understood

looks like hooper definately comming to qpr on 12:04 - Jun 11 with 2615 viewsGloucs_R

looks like hooper definately comming to qpr on 11:52 - Jun 11 by danehoop

Quick look at his scoring record would suggest that he has pretty good record:

Grays Athletic - 24 goals in 90 appearances
Southend - 4 goals in 44 appearances
Orient - 2 goals in 4 appearances
Hereford - 11 goals in 19 appearances
Scunthorpe - 50 goals in 95 appearances
Celtic - 82 goals in 138 appearances
Norwich - 8 goals in 34 appearances

Career average of 181 goals in 424 games isnt too bad. So not sure you can say he hasn't set the world alight. The question is whether he is good enough for a lower level Prem/Upper Championship team? Not sure, but with his record and a sub £5M price tag I can see he would be tempting (not least because we have tried to buy at least twice under different management teams).

Danehoop.....that post is far too sensible.

We need to spend £10m not £5m on an unknown who may / may not work out for us.

Forget the debt, lets spend spend spend.

By the way, we are yet to see if Charlie is up to Premiership standard. Lets buy Rhodes, cant imagine why other Prem teams havent bought him yet

Poll: Are we staying up?

looks like hooper definately comming to qpr on 12:10 - Jun 11 with 2565 viewssimmo

'looks like hooper definately comming to qpr'

No it doesnt.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

looks like hooper definately comming to qpr on 12:15 - Jun 11 with 2534 viewskensalriser

Five mil, no fanx.

McCormack too slow, legs too short, arse too big.

Next!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

looks like hooper definately comming to qpr on 12:16 - Jun 11 with 2527 viewsmorgantwin

looks like hooper definately comming to qpr on 12:04 - Jun 11 by Gloucs_R

Danehoop.....that post is far too sensible.

We need to spend £10m not £5m on an unknown who may / may not work out for us.

Forget the debt, lets spend spend spend.

By the way, we are yet to see if Charlie is up to Premiership standard. Lets buy Rhodes, cant imagine why other Prem teams havent bought him yet

brian macarthy sauce is west london observer they have put a major thread up about us hounding him for five years so looks like hes being brought into loftus road as a reserve striker
i dont know why i say this buy im somehow expecting us to keep loic remy having agreed to pay him 120 thousand a week or something like that and get the other frenchman from under newcastles noses the reason is that harry redknapp likes to buy astrikers who have played together at national level like when he kept buying crouch and defoe

so even with this thought not being from an official sourse im kind of expecting harry to get these two ive also got a sneaky fealing that derby wont let bryson go at any price unless hes got a clause to release him
i dont expect us to get ravel either ,lets see if any of my own gut feelings are correct
what about you bryan have you got any gut thoughts as to who we will be signing

Poll: in last fifty years what was greatest ever atmosphere

looks like hooper definately comming to qpr on 12:25 - Jun 11 with 2489 viewskensalriser

Morgan, if we have a whip round maybe we could tempt Remy back to Loftus Rd with West London's finest hookers and a post-match slap up meal at The Ledbury after every home game.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

looks like hooper definately comming to qpr on 12:36 - Jun 11 with 2425 viewssmegma

looks like hooper definately comming to qpr on 12:25 - Jun 11 by kensalriser

Morgan, if we have a whip round maybe we could tempt Remy back to Loftus Rd with West London's finest hookers and a post-match slap up meal at The Ledbury after every home game.

The Lonsdales a better boozer with an eclectic beer selection. Apart from the limbo style doors leading from bar to bar!
looks like hooper definately comming to qpr on 12:43 - Jun 11 with 2394 viewsexiled_dictator

Norwich City boss Neil Adams has said the arrival of Lewis Grabban does not mean Gary Hooper will be leaving.
Striker Grabban, 26, was signed from Bournemouth last week, amid reports that former Celtic forward Hooper had asked for a move away from Carrow Road.
"A transfer request from Gary Hooper hasn't happened. I've spoken to Gary - he's a goal scorer and we need goal scorers," Adams told BBC Radio Norfolk.
"He's part of a strike line-up that will be competing for places."
Hooper, 26, arrived from Celtic last summer and finished as Norwich's top scorer, albeit with only eight goals, as the Canaries were relegated from the Premier League.
His last season at Championship level was with Scunthorpe in the 2009-10 campaign, when he scored 20 goals.
Grabban found the net 22 times in the second tier last season for the Cherries.
Adams, who was given the manager's job last month after an interim spell at the end of the season, may face a battle to keep hold of midfielder Robert Snodgrass and England capped keeper John Ruddy.
"I spoke to all the players at the end of last season," he said.
"Virtually to a man they were all committed to the cause. They and I are realistic enough to recognise that after relegation there are offers for players. As yet there have been no offers put to me.
"If offers are ones you can't turn down or players want to leave we have to accept that, but I'm more focused on bringing players in."
Adams said reports linking the Canaries to a move for Blackburn forward Jordan Rhodes, who scored 25 times last season, were unfounded.
"There's nothing in that. Obviously he's a fantastic player, he scores goals for fun. But he's not somebody we've made an offer for," he added.

accepted, this could be total bllx and things have moved on since this was published, earlier today.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

looks like hooper definately comming to qpr on 12:46 - Jun 11 with 2387 viewskarl

looks like hooper definately comming to qpr on 10:35 - Jun 11 by exiled_dictator

As does Georgios Samaras

Imo (and my mates) Samaras doesn't generally look good in Scottish football but when they play in Europe he is genuinely a class player. Plays the lone striker role really well, I suppose the same as he does for Greece, and is a great link player for his midfield to get forward.
Never looks that interested otherwise.
Hooper I think is a great top of championship striker and on occasions looked to have found a bit of form at Norwich but £5-6m does seem expensive
looks like hooper definately comming to qpr on 12:47 - Jun 11 with 2381 viewsheadhoops

Gary Hooper

Come on you super Hoopser - my arrse.

Sorry he's not that good and has dic£ed us about already - reminds me of the farce that was Mike Sherron.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024