Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rascism vs. Homophobia 04:05 - Aug 23 with 2539 viewsqprnaas

Does anyone else think that the media coverage (including this websites coverage: http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/35868/redknapp-ride

is focusing on racist remarks by Malky Mackay whilst overlooking the homophobic comments he has made?

Personally, I feel this is as big, if not a bigger issue in the game than racism, where footballers are scared to come out and where it is not addressed adequately officially by FIFA, the FA, the clubs...

My own opinion is there Is a media agenda that racism is wrong in football (objective) whereas homophobia is something we don't want to challenge... in fact there are no gays in football!

That really pisses me off
Rascism vs. Homophobia on 05:08 - Aug 23 with 2509 viewsMatch82

This blog has been widely condemning all of the texts.

Those texts managed to be racist, homophobic and sexist, impressive if it wasn't so depressing.

Don't make the mistake of thinking that because people don't list everything means that they care more about one thing than the other. Never understand why some people always have to try and twist this to their own agenda or assume others have ulterior motives.

There were 4 or 5 racist incidents compared to 1 sexist and 1 homophobic. That's why people are focusing more on racism, it's more prevalent and not at all possible to dismiss as an isolated incident.

Doesn't make any of it acceptable.
Rascism vs. Homophobia on 07:48 - Aug 23 with 2401 viewsBedford_R

To answer your second sentence - no. And what about the anti-semetic views? All equally being castigated in the press.

RMH_R Reborn

Rascism vs. Homophobia on 07:51 - Aug 23 with 2400 viewsTGRRRSSS

Far as I can see he has been generally condemned for the texts rather than for specific texts or specific parts of it.

I guess Kick it Out are known first and formost for stamping out racism so maybe people think of that first and foremost.
Rascism vs. Homophobia on 08:21 - Aug 23 with 2349 viewsDWQPR

Don't worry Malky says he isn't racist or homophobic. So it must all be a storm in a tea cup.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Rascism vs. Homophobia on 09:22 - Aug 23 with 2273 viewsCHUBBS

I'm terribly offended that you left "sexism" out of this thread!
Rascism vs. Homophobia on 09:32 - Aug 23 with 2252 viewsPommyhoop

Rascism vs. Homophobia on 09:22 - Aug 23 by CHUBBS

I'm terribly offended that you left "sexism" out of this thread!

A poofta ,paki and a stupid blond bird with big tits walk into the pub.
The barman goes 'F@ck this I'm off. CLIVE !!! CLIVE!! quick its gonna kick right off !!''

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Rascism vs. Homophobia on 09:52 - Aug 23 with 2213 viewsDiscodroid

damn straight.

if only hairless young tom daley was here to tackle the thorny issue of licking peanut butter off another mans upper case greased deltoids it would certainly shoot straight into the charts as my number one concern in todays modern world.

Being a man of god and far right wing christian, it certainly is food for thought about what a young , boyish, professional footballer chooses to do with his 6" tool you can trust in a hot bed of homo erotic man on man tenderness to the harsh 130 BPM'S of a horsemeat disco by frank maloney

the mind boggles at what innocent god fearing horseplay that young beautiful(pant) men of all creeds and colours, soft pinks, (pant)shimmering browns(pant) and beguiling yellows(pant) ,working in such close proximity (pant)of each other on (pant)a day to day basis get up to !!.(pant)
ugh ugh hgggggnnnnnn!!!!

forgive me lord..

[Post edited 23 Aug 2014 10:02]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Rascism vs. Homophobia on 10:21 - Aug 23 with 2171 viewsPommyhoop

Dont get too deep on that pic fellas. I looked up' Smirk' .on Google to answer Disco's last post.
(He's getting scary eh)
Saw that one and thought'blinding'

[Post edited 23 Aug 2014 10:33]

Login to get fewer ads

Rascism vs. Homophobia on 10:48 - Aug 23 with 2122 viewsCHUBBS

Rascism vs. Homophobia on 09:32 - Aug 23 by Pommyhoop

A poofta ,paki and a stupid blond bird with big tits walk into the pub.
The barman goes 'F@ck this I'm off. CLIVE !!! CLIVE!! quick its gonna kick right off !!''

Erm i think you'll find the term "big tits" has been eradicated,we now like to use the more politically correct "big falsies"
Ooops i think i just inadvertently offended the race of plastic surgeons
Rascism vs. Homophobia on 10:52 - Aug 23 with 2112 viewsTheBlob

Rascism vs. Homophobia on 10:48 - Aug 23 by CHUBBS

Erm i think you'll find the term "big tits" has been eradicated,we now like to use the more politically correct "big falsies"
Ooops i think i just inadvertently offended the race of plastic surgeons

I think you'll find the PC term is Engorged Mammaries.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Rascism vs. Homophobia on 10:56 - Aug 23 with 2104 viewsDiscodroid

Rascism vs. Homophobia on 10:21 - Aug 23 by Pommyhoop

Dont get too deep on that pic fellas. I looked up' Smirk' .on Google to answer Disco's last post.
(He's getting scary eh)
Saw that one and thought'blinding'

[Post edited 23 Aug 2014 10:33]

pommy me old mate, what with paying our mortgages/rents/utilities/ worrying about the safety of our children on the streets / overcrowded schools/putting food on the table and impending jihad armageddon , who gives a flying fk about gay footballers , jesus , my left ball sack is a quarter of an inch lower than my right.call cara asap to raise the plight of my elephant man deformity.

the OP should be on fkn mumsnet. !!
[Post edited 23 Aug 2014 10:57]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Rascism vs. Homophobia on 12:40 - Aug 23 with 2018 viewsqprnaas

Rascism vs. Homophobia on 05:08 - Aug 23 by Match82

This blog has been widely condemning all of the texts.

Those texts managed to be racist, homophobic and sexist, impressive if it wasn't so depressing.

Don't make the mistake of thinking that because people don't list everything means that they care more about one thing than the other. Never understand why some people always have to try and twist this to their own agenda or assume others have ulterior motives.

There were 4 or 5 racist incidents compared to 1 sexist and 1 homophobic. That's why people are focusing more on racism, it's more prevalent and not at all possible to dismiss as an isolated incident.

Doesn't make any of it acceptable.

Just to reply to one of the non-idiotic responses -

I think you have made some fair points there man on why there's more of a focus on the racism comments rather than the homophobic/ sexist comments particularly the number of such comments the MM made in reference to each issue

I don't think it is about trying to have an ulterior motive from my own experience of watching football and consuming football related material I found that their is a massive elephant in the room when it comes to bringing views on morality into the game - racism, sexism - which I detest is objectively condemned and in my view, rightly so - millions are pumped into the kick it out campaign as regards the former (again rightly so)

However the issue of homophobia, gay footballers etc... is by and largly overlooked and I personally feel that the coverage of the MM comments is again part of this wider systemic problem.

I would disagree that racism is more prevalent than homophobia in football. I believe that the issue is currently on the FIFAs agenda and therefore gets more coverage. Footballers are also openly from different countries and ethnic groups while footballers are not openly gay. I also think footballers being from different cultures and countries has contributed positively to the general condemnation of racism amongst supporters whilst in my view, one cannot say the same as regards football positively contributing to condeminng homophobia

Clearly this is not an isolated issue of racism but neither is it an isolated issue of homophobia, only it is one of the rare occasions in football where the lid has been lifted off to reveal the bigotry existing in football as a whole
Rascism vs. Homophobia on 12:57 - Aug 23 with 1992 viewsSpiritofGregory

There seems to be a heirarchy it relation to prejudice in society in general.

The FA are focused on making money on a global scale, many victims of racism feel that homophobia and sexism are acceptable.
Rascism vs. Homophobia on 13:09 - Aug 23 with 1968 viewsPommyhoop

Rascism vs. Homophobia on 12:57 - Aug 23 by SpiritofGregory

The FA are focused on making money on a global scale, many victims of racism feel that homophobia and sexism are acceptable.

Guuuhhhhhh?????
You can twist your last statement anyway you want.
Theres hidden cameras here eh?

Rascism vs. Homophobia on 13:09 - Aug 23 with 1969 viewsqprnaas

Rascism vs. Homophobia on 12:57 - Aug 23 by SpiritofGregory

I agree.. money could be a major factor
[Post edited 23 Aug 2014 13:12]
Rascism vs. Homophobia on 13:12 - Aug 23 with 1957 viewsSpiritofGregory

Rascism vs. Homophobia on 13:09 - Aug 23 by Pommyhoop

Guuuhhhhhh?????
You can twist your last statement anyway you want.
Theres hidden cameras here eh?

One group - oil rich Arab nations.
Rascism vs. Homophobia on 13:17 - Aug 23 with 1944 viewsTheBlob

Is it as exciting as Alien v Predator? - is it available on X Box?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Rascism vs. Homophobia on 13:19 - Aug 23 with 1937 viewsPommyhoop

Rascism vs. Homophobia on 13:12 - Aug 23 by SpiritofGregory

One group - oil rich Arab nations.

Nice one SOG . You've mentioned oil rich Arab nations.
Thread kicked.
Gutted tbh

Rascism vs. Homophobia on 18:34 - Aug 23 with 1823 viewsDiscodroid

what was the final score??

Rascism vs. Homophobia on 20:24 - Aug 23 with 1771 viewsthemodfather

why are the police not investigating? norwich fans have been arrested for chants recently...why do people in the game get away with it?????
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024