Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keeper's and defenders 11:12 - Jul 26 with 3593 viewslave16

With a couple of weeks to go we need a sub keeper, a left, right and at least one center back. So before we start trawling championship manager for wonderkids (now that samba has retired cherno not the fat slow one we already paid a fortune to) has anyone any idea's who we will get?

For right back I reckon it will be the spurs guy we have been linked with for the rest I have no ideas
[Post edited 26 Jul 2015 11:15]

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Keeper's and defenders on 11:19 - Jul 26 with 3567 viewsfakekerby

Right back we were looking odds on for the Swindon lad Byrne but it's all gone very quiet.

Fulham got Garbutt at left back yesterday which is a real steal for them.

We can get an emergency loan in at keeper at any time so I'm not overly concerned about that but yes one more left back, right back and centre back would be nice.
Keeper's and defenders on 11:24 - Jul 26 with 3554 viewsQPR1882

Last minute buys, fcked up pre season, somethings never change at QPR
Keeper's and defenders on 11:27 - Jul 26 with 3539 viewsdaveB

season is still 2 weeks away so would expect more signings but if all fit a back four of Furlong, Onouha, Caulker and Yun is not the worst in the division by a long stretch
Keeper's and defenders on 20:12 - Jul 26 with 3290 viewsGetMeRangers

Keeper's and defenders on 11:27 - Jul 26 by daveB

season is still 2 weeks away so would expect more signings but if all fit a back four of Furlong, Onouha, Caulker and Yun is not the worst in the division by a long stretch

Problem is Yun is injured. The young lad (Kipper or something like that) today didnt look too bad. Furlong has quite a bit to learn but presumably we will get a better idea next week, when you assume CR will put out his preferred XI

Second half, I dont remember Lumley being tested at all. The comment above about emergency loan keeper makes some sense
Keeper's and defenders on 20:27 - Jul 26 with 3251 viewseghamranger

Keeper's and defenders on 20:12 - Jul 26 by GetMeRangers

Problem is Yun is injured. The young lad (Kipper or something like that) today didnt look too bad. Furlong has quite a bit to learn but presumably we will get a better idea next week, when you assume CR will put out his preferred XI

Second half, I dont remember Lumley being tested at all. The comment above about emergency loan keeper makes some sense

Weren't we looking at Daniel Bentley from Southend or was it someone on here that mentioned him?
Keeper's and defenders on 20:29 - Jul 26 with 3239 viewsganjR

Keeper's and defenders on 11:19 - Jul 26 by fakekerby

Right back we were looking odds on for the Swindon lad Byrne but it's all gone very quiet.

Fulham got Garbutt at left back yesterday which is a real steal for them.

We can get an emergency loan in at keeper at any time so I'm not overly concerned about that but yes one more left back, right back and centre back would be nice.

I can see either Fredericks or Byrne coming in as first choice RB, they seem to be our main targets for that position, although an Italian player has been mentioned.
I don't think Furlong or Kpekawa are ready to be first choices. I think they look like they can have good futures here as I think they are both talented and still very young... 18? 19? Considering the fact that we were still calling the likes of Doughty, Harriman, Petrasso and Ehmer - youngsters, shows a dramatic change in policy at the club.
Left Back is a worry. Yun has been injured for most of pre-season, so will potentially take more time to get back to first team level, I would assume.
I would like Hendrie, West Hans back up left back, who big Sam signed from Hanilton. A season loan would help all parties.
I like the idea of emergency keeper loan if needed, saves money and gives Lumley a chance to really improve, although I think he has a long way to go yet). Bentley at Southend gets mentioned a lot and it would be good to have real competition for Green again.
Oh, and we need another Centre Back. Matt Connolly please.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2015 20:31]
Keeper's and defenders on 20:33 - Jul 26 with 3225 viewsWatford_Ranger

I know who we'll get but I'm not telling you.
Keeper's and defenders on 20:40 - Jul 26 with 3212 viewsganjR

Keeper's and defenders on 20:33 - Jul 26 by Watford_Ranger

I know who we'll get but I'm not telling you.

Is it a DONE DEAL?
Login to get fewer ads

Keeper's and defenders on 20:44 - Jul 26 with 3198 viewseghamranger

Watfords clearly in the know

Blah, blah, blah

😉
Keeper's and defenders on 20:56 - Jul 26 with 3150 viewsWatford_Ranger

Keeper's and defenders on 20:40 - Jul 26 by ganjR

Is it a DONE DEAL?

All I will say is that the sky is blue.

Except at night when it's black.
Keeper's and defenders on 22:12 - Jul 26 with 3022 viewsDorse

Keeper's and defenders on 20:56 - Jul 26 by Watford_Ranger

Are you broadcasting to the Resistance?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Keeper's and defenders on 22:28 - Jul 26 with 2991 viewsessextaxiboy

Keeper's and defenders on 20:56 - Jul 26 by Watford_Ranger

Not Fckin Paladini ?..
Keeper's and defenders on 23:27 - Jul 26 with 2929 viewsdaveB

thing is Ramsey and Ferdinand have both said they will not always look to a signing to solve every problem and thats kind of what may on here were screaming for when every injury or loss of form was met with either Redknapp signing someone or trying to sign someone.

Yes we could do with a more experienced number two keeper, some full backs, cover in some positions and more up front but we should only be buying players we want rather than for the sake of it. If we can't find the right back we want or can't get him by August 8th then play Furlong at right back, if Yun is injured and we can't buy the left back we want then we have hill, Traore and that young kid with played today. we've got enough players to get on with it, we haven't got enough to win the league or be a top 6 side imo but we have more than enough to be competitive and more than enough time to add to that with players we need.

Not a chance this team will be the finished article this transfer window, it's going to take time.

The desperation for more blood is staggering on here when you consider how the club have been slaughtered on here for non stop signings in the last 4 years.
Keeper's and defenders on 23:45 - Jul 26 with 2916 viewsganjR

Keeper's and defenders on 23:27 - Jul 26 by daveB

thing is Ramsey and Ferdinand have both said they will not always look to a signing to solve every problem and thats kind of what may on here were screaming for when every injury or loss of form was met with either Redknapp signing someone or trying to sign someone.

Yes we could do with a more experienced number two keeper, some full backs, cover in some positions and more up front but we should only be buying players we want rather than for the sake of it. If we can't find the right back we want or can't get him by August 8th then play Furlong at right back, if Yun is injured and we can't buy the left back we want then we have hill, Traore and that young kid with played today. we've got enough players to get on with it, we haven't got enough to win the league or be a top 6 side imo but we have more than enough to be competitive and more than enough time to add to that with players we need.

Not a chance this team will be the finished article this transfer window, it's going to take time.

The desperation for more blood is staggering on here when you consider how the club have been slaughtered on here for non stop signings in the last 4 years.

This is our squad at the moment. If I have missed anyone or have someone on there that shouldn't be, apologies.
GK: Green, Lumley
RB: Furlong
LB: Yun, Kpekawa, Traore*
CB: Caulker, Onouha, Hill, Wise
CM: Luongo, Faurlin, Henry, Diakite, Doughty, Comley, Sandro*, Mitchell
AM: Chery, Emmanuel-Thomas, Fer, Sutherland, Prohouly
W: Mackie, Phillips, Gladwin, Hoilett, Petrasso, Manning, Shodipo
ST: Austin, Polter, Grego-Cox, Blackwood, Pattie, N'Guessan
-
I put * next to Traore and Sandro as they haven't been involved in club activities and I'd be surprised if either played for us this season.
- Of course, Hill (last resort) can play LB, Kpekawa can play a couple of positions, Comley can play RB, Chery, JET, Mackie, Gladwin and Grego-Cox are versatile across the front 3rd.
-
Looking at that, 3 defenders, a GK and replacements for Austin and Phillips when they go. Also another midfielder if Diakite goes and when Fer and Sandro go.
Keeper's and defenders on 23:45 - Jul 26 with 2916 viewslave16

If traore and holiett go I would like a left back to come in aside from that until we get injury or suspension I think we may have enough cover to wait on the right person. Onuha can play right back also so that may sort that. As for keeper emergency loan would probably cover that, you never know McCarthy may be back.

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Keeper's and defenders on 08:21 - Jul 27 with 2815 viewsrsonist

James Perch is the growing rumour for RB, which I'd be quite happy with.

Matt Connolly would probably make good sense at this point.

Think we might go for Byrne as a winger if Phillips leaves.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2015 8:23]
Keeper's and defenders on 08:47 - Jul 27 with 2779 viewsjohnhoop

I actually agree with a lot of what you've said there Dave,apart from the issue at right back. I thought that with Harriman as first choice and Furlong as back up we were actually ok in that position. The bizarre decision to send Harriman out on loan yet again,however,kind of carried with it the implication that we were looking to sign a right back,so I don't think it's unreasonable to be expecting us to get one.
Keeper's and defenders on 10:06 - Jul 27 with 2734 viewsdaveB

Keeper's and defenders on 08:47 - Jul 27 by johnhoop

I actually agree with a lot of what you've said there Dave,apart from the issue at right back. I thought that with Harriman as first choice and Furlong as back up we were actually ok in that position. The bizarre decision to send Harriman out on loan yet again,however,kind of carried with it the implication that we were looking to sign a right back,so I don't think it's unreasonable to be expecting us to get one.

I'm sure we will get one, transfer window shuts in over a month and season still a fortnight away so plenty of time to get who we want.
Keeper's and defenders on 10:09 - Jul 27 with 2724 viewsTheBlob

Keeper's and defenders on 20:27 - Jul 26 by eghamranger

Weren't we looking at Daniel Bentley from Southend or was it someone on here that mentioned him?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Keeper's and defenders on 10:21 - Jul 27 with 2706 viewsadhoc_qpr

I know what you mean, but playing woefully undercooked youth team players because we don't want 'more blood' is a very good way to get a lot of hidings in the Championship.

Furlong, Kpekawa (SP?), Grego-Cox etc have done nothing to indicate they are at all prepared for the rigours of the championship and may never be of that standard.

It's all very well to give youth a chance, but that doesn't mean slinging them in regardless of ability and our youth set up has been a mess for years. That doesn't change overnight.

Also playing a 37 year old centre back at left back is fine in a pinch, but over a season you need a genuine alternative to the injury prone Yun.

Ferdinand has time, but if we lose 3 or 4 games in August due to a woeful defence and attack, the pressure on Ramsey wll mount up quickly.
Keeper's and defenders on 10:25 - Jul 27 with 2693 viewsAntti_Heinola

A lot of people moaning about the players we have/haven't got in, and of course I want one or two defenders brought in. But it bears saying again that signing players is not easy. It's not like Football Manager.
Plus, we were in a situation not a million miles away from when we dropped to League One and Olly had to completely rebuild the squad in one summer. That did mean he had to find cheap options to plug holes that were enough to keep us top half for the season, but not much more. We relied on average players like Forbes having great seasons, and decent-ish players like Ben Askar and Bonnot filling in for a year until we could move forward.
This season is not far off that. We made some good early signings. We've taken a punt on Polti. We may have a gem in Chery etc. But this board seems to swing between optimistic posts saying we'll be challenging for the title (ridiculous) and outright panic that we're not fit enough and haven't signed enough and we're going to get whacked several times (more realistic, but a little hysterical).

For me, I suspect they are still looking to bring in 4, maybe 5 players, some of which will be on loan. But these may not come in the next two weeks. It's harsh to say we're leaving it until the last minute, because we made several signings already. They won't all come at once. I do hope we don't have a stupid deadline day again though.

The other thing to point out is that we have 5 league games in August, plus a cup game. That is a packed month, followed by an international gap. If we're undercooked in 2 weeks (and we certainly will be) hopefully by the time the season starts again in mid-September we'll be a bit more with it. I just hope we've picked up a few points in between!

Bare bones.

Keeper's and defenders on 11:03 - Jul 27 with 2656 viewsadhoc_qpr

"But this board seems to swing between optimistic posts saying we'll be challenging for the title (ridiculous) and outright panic that we're not fit enough and haven't signed enough and we're going to get whacked several times (more realistic, but a little hysterical)."

I'm definitely swinging between optimism (new era, new approach, signings like Chery) and pessimism (undercooked under equipped squad, pre-season shambles, strange moves like Harriman and Sutherland re-signing then not playing) most weeks.

Massive 2 weeks now and the moves we make should determine what expectations to set for the season.
Keeper's and defenders on 12:35 - Jul 27 with 2591 viewsderbyhoop

"we need a sub keeper, a left, right and at least one center back"

No, we don't. The constant call for more blood is what got us into the financial mess.

The club is trying to change its philosophy. We're not going to be spending a fortune on players. Those players we do bring in have to see QPR as a step up. Where we are weak, we have to promote youngsters to fill gaps. In any case, we have already spent £5-6m this Summer.
Now, to specifics:-
Joe Lumley is a more than adequate keeper, especially when McCarthy made the grand total of 4 appearances.
RB - Furlong is clearly set to be first choice and we do not have adequate cover. The decision to offer Harriman a new deal and send him out on loan seems bizarre. An additional RB is required.
LB - Yun is injured, so Kpekawa has come on and could easily end up as our starter. At the moment we still have Traore and Hill who could also play LB at a push. Robinson will be fit early next year, so I don't believe we need anybody else.
CB - Our first choices are Onouha and Caulker. Hill is the back up. After releasing Rio and Dunne, we should have tried harder to keep Ehmer and/or Donaldson. But, I suspect, particularly Ehmer, that they were not going to get first team football. So, if we recruit another CB are we looking at a 4th choice. In which case, we might struggle to get anybody.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Keeper's and defenders on 12:50 - Jul 27 with 2566 viewsGetMeRangers

Keeper's and defenders on 10:25 - Jul 27 by Antti_Heinola

A lot of people moaning about the players we have/haven't got in, and of course I want one or two defenders brought in. But it bears saying again that signing players is not easy. It's not like Football Manager.
Plus, we were in a situation not a million miles away from when we dropped to League One and Olly had to completely rebuild the squad in one summer. That did mean he had to find cheap options to plug holes that were enough to keep us top half for the season, but not much more. We relied on average players like Forbes having great seasons, and decent-ish players like Ben Askar and Bonnot filling in for a year until we could move forward.
This season is not far off that. We made some good early signings. We've taken a punt on Polti. We may have a gem in Chery etc. But this board seems to swing between optimistic posts saying we'll be challenging for the title (ridiculous) and outright panic that we're not fit enough and haven't signed enough and we're going to get whacked several times (more realistic, but a little hysterical).

For me, I suspect they are still looking to bring in 4, maybe 5 players, some of which will be on loan. But these may not come in the next two weeks. It's harsh to say we're leaving it until the last minute, because we made several signings already. They won't all come at once. I do hope we don't have a stupid deadline day again though.

The other thing to point out is that we have 5 league games in August, plus a cup game. That is a packed month, followed by an international gap. If we're undercooked in 2 weeks (and we certainly will be) hopefully by the time the season starts again in mid-September we'll be a bit more with it. I just hope we've picked up a few points in between!

Two cup games in August. My sons tell me we will beat Yeovil, so second round is later in the month. After all they predicted JB, Chaz, Vargas and Bobby would score at WBA and that WBA would have a player sent off.

All from the experts who spent 20 minutes on Sunday asking again and again who was no15, who was the guy with the pony tail, which one is the German and do I think he is called Seb rather than Sebastian
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024