Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Polter puts in the miles 11:12 - Apr 14 with 2523 viewsbosh67

This guy has a really top top attitude. I think he's going to rip up this division next season.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/qpr-player-reveals-s

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Polter puts in the miles on 11:34 - Apr 14 with 2457 viewshoof_hearted

Not just huffing and puffing any more. I noticed some lovely blocking of the defender off the ball to let others have time to do something last week. Strong and clever stuff like Gallen used to do. Wish he was a bit better with his feet!
Polter puts in the miles on 11:48 - Apr 14 with 2420 viewsstevec

Polter puts in the miles on 11:34 - Apr 14 by hoof_hearted

Not just huffing and puffing any more. I noticed some lovely blocking of the defender off the ball to let others have time to do something last week. Strong and clever stuff like Gallen used to do. Wish he was a bit better with his feet!

I haven't laughed so much since we had Devon White.

All we need is another Sir Les to 'fill 'in' when the serious games turn up.
Polter puts in the miles on 11:49 - Apr 14 with 2414 viewssimmo

Polter puts in the miles on 11:34 - Apr 14 by hoof_hearted

Hopefully we won't have to keep wishing as he improves and works on his game. To be fair you can't really teach work rate and commitment, but you can help someones technical deficiencies and his attitude will surely help him absorb things so he becomes a really good all round player for us.

I'm pleased for him, he sums up exactly the changes we want to make in the playing staff for the future and shows it doesn't always have to be big names that are the complete package right now to be successful signings.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Polter puts in the miles on 12:08 - Apr 14 with 2367 viewsPlanetHonneywood

With every passing reference to his demand for more intensive training, I'll be a little disappointed if I don't see this come charging out the blokes next season...

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Polter puts in the miles on 13:00 - Apr 14 with 2228 viewsdanehoop

Polter puts in the miles on 12:08 - Apr 14 by PlanetHonneywood

With every passing reference to his demand for more intensive training, I'll be a little disappointed if I don't see this come charging out the blokes next season...

I think we have already seen the benefit of JFHs approach to training where we have players finding the extra energy to run hard and fight to whistle, working as a team and having much clearer idea of roles and positions.

All a very far cry from the days of Bagpuss. Have a funny feeling we will be very very competitive next season.

Never knowingly understood

Polter puts in the miles on 13:25 - Apr 14 with 2148 viewsSimonJames

Polter puts in the miles on 13:00 - Apr 14 by danehoop

I think we have already seen the benefit of JFHs approach to training where we have players finding the extra energy to run hard and fight to whistle, working as a team and having much clearer idea of roles and positions.

All a very far cry from the days of Bagpuss. Have a funny feeling we will be very very competitive next season.

I'm sure Bagpuss' lackadaisical approach to fitness training was motivated entirely by a strong desire to protect people's knees (mainly his own). That and the fact that most of the overpaid lazy knuts couldn't extricate themselves from their local Nandos.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Polter puts in the miles on 13:42 - Apr 14 with 2102 viewsAntti_Heinola

It's funny that we have one thread with people defending Rob Green and saying people are disresepcting him, and then here we have someone who laughs at a player who tries his b0ll0cks off in every game. The modern fan's dismissive attitude of anything that isn't perfect control is infuriating - perhaps it's the YouTube generation - weaned on highlights and tricks rather than the slog that is real football in 99% of games played over the world.

Polti has been improving steadily - he does sometimes mis-control the ball, but I'd love to see his stats for assists - a fair few of our goals come from very clever passing by him. Even last Sat he teed up Phillips and Chery perfectly with beautifully weighted and timed passes in the box, both of which should've brought goals.

Love him. Another good signing by Evil Les.

Bare bones.

Polter puts in the miles on 14:09 - Apr 14 with 2056 viewsNorthernr

WTF is the headline on that article? I've read it three times now and still no closer.
Login to get fewer ads

Polter puts in the miles on 14:20 - Apr 14 with 2035 viewshoof_hearted

Polter puts in the miles on 14:09 - Apr 14 by Northernr

WTF is the headline on that article? I've read it three times now and still no closer.

It's one of the clues from the cryptic crossword. The answer is something his grandfather did during the war.
Polter puts in the miles on 14:24 - Apr 14 with 2026 viewsisawqpratwcity

Polter puts in the miles on 13:42 - Apr 14 by Antti_Heinola

It's funny that we have one thread with people defending Rob Green and saying people are disresepcting him, and then here we have someone who laughs at a player who tries his b0ll0cks off in every game. The modern fan's dismissive attitude of anything that isn't perfect control is infuriating - perhaps it's the YouTube generation - weaned on highlights and tricks rather than the slog that is real football in 99% of games played over the world.

Polti has been improving steadily - he does sometimes mis-control the ball, but I'd love to see his stats for assists - a fair few of our goals come from very clever passing by him. Even last Sat he teed up Phillips and Chery perfectly with beautifully weighted and timed passes in the box, both of which should've brought goals.

Oi, I'm not slagging off Polter, but you're slagging off Green. What's funny about that?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Polter puts in the miles on 15:26 - Apr 14 with 1938 viewsHunterhoop

Calm down, fella.

Not sure Antti was referring to you personally as defending one and criticising the other. It doesn't look like you'd posted on this thread up to then, unless you're using a 2nd username, so I'm not sure how Antti could be implying you were doing both. He was just talking in general about the fanbase as a whole.

Anyway, for what it's worth, I love Polter. Love his workrate, love his attitude, love the way he plays as a CF. He's exactly the sort of player we need in the Championship and to lead the line. Sure, he's got weaknesses, but he's still young and not the finished article. As has been said before, if he was, he wouldn't be with us!

And, just look at how much he's improved since those early performances. High hopes for next year! C'mon ZE GERMAN!
Polter puts in the miles on 15:30 - Apr 14 with 1931 viewsAntti_Heinola

Polter puts in the miles on 14:24 - Apr 14 by isawqpratwcity

Oi, I'm not slagging off Polter, but you're slagging off Green. What's funny about that?

what hunter said!

i wasn't slagging green off really. just pointing out he's wrong.

Bare bones.

Polter puts in the miles on 17:02 - Apr 14 with 1816 viewsisawqpratwcity

Polter puts in the miles on 15:30 - Apr 14 by Antti_Heinola

what hunter said!

i wasn't slagging green off really. just pointing out he's wrong.

You were the one who contrasted the two threads like you are the benign, positive party in both cases. Think again!

Green is absolutely correct in that financial issues put him out of the team, and if push really came to shove, financial issues alone would stop him getting back into the team. Get Hunterhoop to explain that one to you.

You were giving Green grief about not being good enough to get the contract extension. Wrong. As long as my arse points at the ground Green would never have got a contract extension on Premier rates in the Championship. When that contract was written it is highly unlikely Championship football was considered, It certainly doesn't sound like there was a relegation clause.

You said it was unfair on Smithies to be talking like this. Wrong. He didn't say anything unfair about Smithies. He didn't even mention Smithies. You just inferred a slight against Smithies. Given the circumstances he is in, his statements carry sufficient truth to stand justification and do not show a culpable lack of respect for anyone.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Polter puts in the miles on 17:35 - Apr 14 with 1762 viewsstevec

Polter puts in the miles on 13:42 - Apr 14 by Antti_Heinola

Calm down Antti, I was having a laugh, that's all.

Even your esteemed leader pointed out Polter ' ..is one of those rare players who looks better without the ball than with it' or words to that effect. The blokes like one of us, falls over the ball, hospital passes (have a look at Phillips face next time it happens), and, not unlike good old Devon White, capable of some good stuff.. It's the not knowing what he is going to do next that is so highly entertaining, hence the laughter. He's like a mate, you want him to do well but it's fckin funny when he cocks it up.

After the verbal roasting you gave Thomas the Tank Engine today this smacks of double standards matey.
Polter puts in the miles on 17:51 - Apr 14 with 1728 viewsBluce_Ree

I like Polter a lot. I look forward to you lot turning on him like a pack of hyenas when his form goes a bit.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Polter puts in the miles on 17:56 - Apr 14 with 1711 viewsdaveB

after the game on Saturday he came over to the lower loft and gave his shirt to a young kid and also signed several autographs & posed for pictures which was a nice touch and better than the vast majority who head straight down the tunnel
Polter puts in the miles on 18:03 - Apr 14 with 1697 viewssimmo

Polter puts in the miles on 17:35 - Apr 14 by stevec

Calm down Antti, I was having a laugh, that's all.

Even your esteemed leader pointed out Polter ' ..is one of those rare players who looks better without the ball than with it' or words to that effect. The blokes like one of us, falls over the ball, hospital passes (have a look at Phillips face next time it happens), and, not unlike good old Devon White, capable of some good stuff.. It's the not knowing what he is going to do next that is so highly entertaining, hence the laughter. He's like a mate, you want him to do well but it's fckin funny when he cocks it up.

After the verbal roasting you gave Thomas the Tank Engine today this smacks of double standards matey.

He's definitely got that touch of being a bit mental about him, which I have always liked in a player. I get the Devon White comparison too, bit of a cult figure but one who could actually play a bit too - let's hope he keeps getting better, a lot of his natural game is perfect for this league.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Polter puts in the miles on 18:06 - Apr 14 with 1688 viewsHunterhoop

I love this line in the interview:

"The Championship is physical - but I am physical."

Centre halves, beware next season!
Polter puts in the miles on 18:09 - Apr 14 with 1680 viewsAntti_Heinola

Polter puts in the miles on 17:02 - Apr 14 by isawqpratwcity

You were the one who contrasted the two threads like you are the benign, positive party in both cases. Think again!

Green is absolutely correct in that financial issues put him out of the team, and if push really came to shove, financial issues alone would stop him getting back into the team. Get Hunterhoop to explain that one to you.

You were giving Green grief about not being good enough to get the contract extension. Wrong. As long as my arse points at the ground Green would never have got a contract extension on Premier rates in the Championship. When that contract was written it is highly unlikely Championship football was considered, It certainly doesn't sound like there was a relegation clause.

You said it was unfair on Smithies to be talking like this. Wrong. He didn't say anything unfair about Smithies. He didn't even mention Smithies. You just inferred a slight against Smithies. Given the circumstances he is in, his statements carry sufficient truth to stand justification and do not show a culpable lack of respect for anyone.

urgh.

Bare bones.

Polter puts in the miles on 18:23 - Apr 14 with 1657 viewsBklynRanger

Good stuff again. In the other article where he talked about pre-season Polter said it had been harder in Germany than it was with us last summer. Bloody Germans think of everything.

I'd guess people like Fer and Phillips will be wanting to stay a million miles away from him in pre-season - looking to drift through training uninjured and get a big move while he's running around in a gimp mask yelling "INCREASE ZEE INTENSITY!".
Polter puts in the miles on 01:28 - Apr 15 with 1391 viewsaussiehoop

Polter puts in the miles on 17:51 - Apr 14 by Bluce_Ree

I like Polter a lot. I look forward to you lot turning on him like a pack of hyenas when his form goes a bit.

+1
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024