Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood 21:28 - Feb 11 with 5210 viewsozranger

Thought I might slow things down a bit a have some nice slow blues, for those who like this sort of thing.. Here are a couple of starters.

Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 21:40 - Feb 11 with 3978 viewsTacticalR

Air hostess clique

Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 22:10 - Feb 11 with 3957 viewsscot1963

well, I had to look up what might be classed as blues and this is one from Stonedhenge that mum and dad had and I used to listen to as a youngster

Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 22:31 - Feb 11 with 3942 viewsFearless

Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 23:09 - Feb 11 with 3919 viewsWrightUp5hit___

5hit! almost thirty years ago!

Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 23:20 - Feb 11 with 3914 viewsWilloW4

Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 23:09 - Feb 11 by WrightUp5hit___

5hit! almost thirty years ago!

Just listening to the fabulous thunderbirds.. Stevens little brother jimmie wasn't bad..👍😉.
Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 00:16 - Feb 12 with 3900 viewsted_hendrix

Check out Tampa..........

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 00:23 - Feb 12 with 3892 viewsBklynRanger

This may or may not count as the blues but it's a great tune. Gil Scott Heron talking from personal experience. The other thing I like about it is it sounds so much like a Flight of the Concords song - Jermaine must have learnt his whole technique from Mr Heron:

Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 02:06 - Feb 12 with 3872 viewsJigsore

bluesy... just with a lot of distortion

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Login to get fewer ads

Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 07:21 - Feb 12 with 3853 viewsCroydonCaptJack

[Post edited 12 Feb 2016 7:22]
Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 07:35 - Feb 12 with 3843 viewsbarabajagal

Apparently a heavy influence on The Black Keys
Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 07:53 - Feb 12 with 3834 viewsElHoop

Well it's probably not what was ordered but it's a nice piece of work:

Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 07:58 - Feb 12 with 3823 viewsizlingtonhoop

Actually, no, that's a terrible track - meant as a jibe, although I do like Blues, but going too far.

But hey, we're gonna end up here sooner or later so it might as well be me, it gets put up for some reason every other week, but that just proves how good it is.

[Post edited 12 Feb 2016 8:06]
Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 08:18 - Feb 12 with 3810 viewsqprwpg

Twitter: @qprwpg

Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 08:28 - Feb 12 with 3808 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 08:40 - Feb 12 with 3796 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 23:20 - Feb 11 by WilloW4

Just listening to the fabulous thunderbirds.. Stevens little brother jimmie wasn't bad..👍😉.

Jimmy is still playing some great music, Stevie always said Jimmy was the better player.
Try "On The Jimmy Reed Highway"

Speaking of whom

Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 08:49 - Feb 12 with 3785 viewsDiscodroids

[Post edited 12 Feb 2016 9:02]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 09:12 - Feb 12 with 3764 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Mr Bill Steer of Carcass

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 09:14 - Feb 12 with 3763 viewshopphoops

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 09:38 - Feb 12 with 3735 viewsBrianMcCarthy

A bit obvious that I'd put a Rory tune up, but this is utter, unadulterated class...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 09:48 - Feb 12 with 3727 viewswestberksr

55 minutes of chill out time.

recently got chatting to a friend about music and when asked what he liked the reply was 'a bit of everything from rock to jazz', this intrigued me so i asked what he thought of Miles Davis and was met with a blank expression; his exposure to jazz was a couple of Kenny G compilations.

rather than get all smart arsed (i'm no expert) i simply carried on the chat and then when i got home ordered a copy of this from Amazon and had it posted to him. Needless to say he was delighted and has further ventured into the likes of Blue Note and Columbia for some more jazz influences; his wife still likes Kenny G though.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2016 9:55]
Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 09:50 - Feb 12 with 3719 viewslondonscottish

Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 09:48 - Feb 12 by westberksr

55 minutes of chill out time.

recently got chatting to a friend about music and when asked what he liked the reply was 'a bit of everything from rock to jazz', this intrigued me so i asked what he thought of Miles Davis and was met with a blank expression; his exposure to jazz was a couple of Kenny G compilations.

rather than get all smart arsed (i'm no expert) i simply carried on the chat and then when i got home ordered a copy of this from Amazon and had it posted to him. Needless to say he was delighted and has further ventured into the likes of Blue Note and Columbia for some more jazz influences; his wife still likes Kenny G though.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2016 9:55]

Beat me to it. One of the most remarkable jazz albums ever.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 09:53 - Feb 12 with 3717 viewslondonscottish

Blue Gene Baby

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 10:00 - Feb 12 with 3707 viewswestberksr

Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 09:50 - Feb 12 by londonscottish

Beat me to it. One of the most remarkable jazz albums ever.

snooze you lose!

a great intro album for non-jazz types too; save Bitches Brew until they are more 'informed'!
Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 10:09 - Feb 12 with 3696 viewsTheBlob

This guy is only 18,the best guitarist I've heard at that age....lots of southern blues influences...

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 10:14 - Feb 12 with 3691 viewshopphoops

An amazing and inspiring scene on Italian TV the other night: Conductor and pianist Ezio Bosso, who has SLA (Lou Gehrig's disease) and so is losing speech and motor function (and presumably hasn't got long to live) talking on the joys of life and music and still able to play wonderfully.

Watch from about 7:45 to go straight to the action:
http://www.rai.tv/dl/RaiTV/programmi/media/ContentItem-306e05f7-a102-42fb-bf8b-d

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024