Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is membership worth it? 11:42 - Jul 8 with 904 viewsrunningman75

Was considering getting membership as had it in the past but prices have gone up. I work shifts and was more interested in booking some away games. The r's website mentions priority home tickets but no mention of priority away tickets. I have often got a ticket at Lotfus Road without membership. I had membership when we got promoted but could not get a ticket for the Leeds game.
Is membership worth it? on 11:53 - Jul 8 with 886 viewsizlingtonhoop

Groucho club?

I bet it is.
Is membership worth it? on 12:16 - Jul 8 with 831 viewsMytch_QPR

Slightly off topic, I always get membership - partly for the priority (which is rarely required) and on the off-chance that we get to Wembley (I'm a hopeless optimist).

Anyway, recently the club have sent a bag of 'goodies' (i.e. cheap souvenirs made in Taiwan) with all memberships. As I dislike the old badge most of the items ended up in the bin (apart from the musical bottle opener which I'm waiting to take to the Antiques Roadshow when I'm 90-odd). It seems that this year - when we finally have a decent club badge - there are no presents under the tree for us members.

Bah hum.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Is membership worth it? on 12:32 - Jul 8 with 794 viewsdaveB

Is membership worth it? on 12:16 - Jul 8 by Mytch_QPR

Slightly off topic, I always get membership - partly for the priority (which is rarely required) and on the off-chance that we get to Wembley (I'm a hopeless optimist).

Anyway, recently the club have sent a bag of 'goodies' (i.e. cheap souvenirs made in Taiwan) with all memberships. As I dislike the old badge most of the items ended up in the bin (apart from the musical bottle opener which I'm waiting to take to the Antiques Roadshow when I'm 90-odd). It seems that this year - when we finally have a decent club badge - there are no presents under the tree for us members.

Bah hum.

will be no presents as plenty moaned to the club that they didn't want the gift bag so they stopped doing it
Is membership worth it? on 12:34 - Jul 8 with 786 viewsMytch_QPR

Is membership worth it? on 12:32 - Jul 8 by daveB

will be no presents as plenty moaned to the club that they didn't want the gift bag so they stopped doing it

Yep - it was a waste of money / postage - but it does beg the question: could they have reduced the cost by a fiver or so as they don't have the costs involved for tat and postage!

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Is membership worth it? on 12:40 - Jul 8 with 769 viewsrunningman75

My step dad still has the QPR car sticker I gave him a few years ago. Gets a few positive comments in North West London
Is membership worth it? on 12:44 - Jul 8 with 760 viewsdaveB

Is membership worth it? on 12:34 - Jul 8 by Mytch_QPR

Yep - it was a waste of money / postage - but it does beg the question: could they have reduced the cost by a fiver or so as they don't have the costs involved for tat and postage!

is a shame, my son loved it and still uses the bag
Is membership worth it? on 12:54 - Jul 8 with 729 viewsMytch_QPR

Is membership worth it? on 12:40 - Jul 8 by runningman75

My step dad still has the QPR car sticker I gave him a few years ago. Gets a few positive comments in North West London

Returning to your original question, I seem to remember that most away games go to open sale but some fixtures likely to be in high demand (like Brentford) are offered first to ST holders and members based on loyalty points.

Is membership worth it? on 13:24 - Jul 8 with 685 viewsToast_R

Is membership worth it? on 12:40 - Jul 8 by runningman75

I still have mine in the back window. Largely ignored in South West however I did have some smug git tell me I must be used to things going down when I was inflating my tyres at the local Tesco Express...

I didn't bother with a membership last season as having a baby last January (2015), the wife was doing some Saturday shifts at the local to earn a bit of cash as her maternity pay was pretty much bugger'all by August. I managed to get to very few matches but I'm told I didn't miss much.

This season I will consider it again, am I right in thinking you still need to be a member to buy tickets in the upper loft etc?
Login to get fewer ads

Is membership worth it? on 13:30 - Jul 8 with 671 viewsR_from_afar

Still using the hooped foam 'phone cover for my el cheapo Samsung smartish 'phone. The musical bottle opener is pretty impressive but rubbish for getting screw caps off bottles of cider mmm cider.

Maybe they could give Armand Traore's vital organs away with this year's membership. You could use them as thickeners in soup. At least they would be providing some sort of service to mankind, at long last. Blooming waster.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Is membership worth it? on 14:05 - Jul 8 with 607 viewsPinnerPaul

Is membership worth it? on 12:32 - Jul 8 by daveB

Not quite true - adults get Limited edition QPR Crest Badge & Journal & Juniors get Exclusive QPR Hat & Scarf.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024