Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For someone who is 'supposedly' quite inteligent JFH said...... 11:02 - Aug 21 with 4040 viewsRangersDave

'It looks like we were a little bit tired, and again, no excuses, but those are facts, those are facts!"

So is he really the brightest button on the uniform?
Does he really believe what he's saying? if so who's to blame and what's he going to do about it?

'He'd stay awake at night
Lying in his bed
No one ever listened
To a single word he said
Jimmy Jimmy ...
Silly boy Silly boy Silly boy such a silly boy'

[Post edited 21 Aug 2016 11:04]

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

For someone who is 'supposedly' quite inteligent JFH said...... on 12:09 - Aug 21 with 3108 viewsfrancisbowles

I think he has a point, we had a midweek away match which probably means getting back to the training ground around 2pm and then the players have to get home from there. Preston played a day earlier and without checking my facts, probably at home. Additionally, the squad is a bit thin at the moment and even thinner with three or four injuries.

The question is what are we (the club) going to do about it. It is up to the sports scientists to find the marginal improvements which will aid the players recovery and Les to convince the board to invest in any possible solutions they suggest. They also need to examine why players we have signed are getting injured in training. Is their schedule too intense, too soon?

JFH also needs to work out whether this high intensity pressing game is going to be so exhausting, that it is very difficult to produce twice in three days, three times in seven. If he wants to play it every game then we may need a bigger squad and more rotation.
For someone who is 'supposedly' quite inteligent JFH said...... on 12:21 - Aug 21 with 3079 viewsWatfordR

For someone who is 'supposedly' quite inteligent JFH said...... on 12:09 - Aug 21 by francisbowles

I think he has a point, we had a midweek away match which probably means getting back to the training ground around 2pm and then the players have to get home from there. Preston played a day earlier and without checking my facts, probably at home. Additionally, the squad is a bit thin at the moment and even thinner with three or four injuries.

The question is what are we (the club) going to do about it. It is up to the sports scientists to find the marginal improvements which will aid the players recovery and Les to convince the board to invest in any possible solutions they suggest. They also need to examine why players we have signed are getting injured in training. Is their schedule too intense, too soon?

JFH also needs to work out whether this high intensity pressing game is going to be so exhausting, that it is very difficult to produce twice in three days, three times in seven. If he wants to play it every game then we may need a bigger squad and more rotation.

Regards the high intensity pressing game, it seemed to work well for Burton, admittedly in a divison below, and I'm pretty sure they won't have had a big squad.

I'd imagine a good few of our players are pushing their bodies a bit more than they are used to, and it may simply be a question of waiting for their "muscle memory" to get used to it.
For someone who is 'supposedly' quite inteligent JFH said...... on 12:44 - Aug 21 with 3035 viewsdodge_stoke_r

For someone who is 'supposedly' quite inteligent JFH said...... on 12:21 - Aug 21 by WatfordR

Regards the high intensity pressing game, it seemed to work well for Burton, admittedly in a divison below, and I'm pretty sure they won't have had a big squad.

I'd imagine a good few of our players are pushing their bodies a bit more than they are used to, and it may simply be a question of waiting for their "muscle memory" to get used to it.

If these players where Sunday morning pub players, that do 40 hours of graft a week, then I might agree. But they are Professional sportsmen. Fitness, or lack of it should never be an issue at this level.
For someone who is 'supposedly' quite inteligent JFH said...... on 12:53 - Aug 21 with 3013 viewsWatford_Ranger

I know the squad is thin but I can only assume from Ngkaboto's performance that he's not up to speed yet so give Khayatti a start. Cousins looks totally wasted out wide and/or knackered.

I still feel both Doughty and Furlong could have been important squad players this season.
For someone who is 'supposedly' quite inteligent JFH said...... on 13:02 - Aug 21 with 2992 viewsMedwayR

My concern isn't with the fitness of the players but their recovery after games. It needs to be looked into to see how we can improve it, maybe it's a case of investing in things like cryotherapy chambers which Leicester City used last season, considering diet & eating habits, sleep patterns etc in addition to signing a few more to allow more rotation. Maybe we need to be smarter in choosing when to press & when to consolidate and stay compact.

JFH reminds me a bit of Simeone in his approach as they are both big on fitness, discipline & the group ethos. Simeone uses quite a small group of players but there are big differences which allow him to do so. Mainly recovery time, quality of facilities & staff, and perhaps most significantly playing style; Atletico Madrid let the opposition have the ball & stay compact then counter-attack. If you want to press high like Barcelona then you need fitness but also quality on the ball to retain possession & recover from the pressing carried out and also to tire the opposition, we either don't have that or aren't using it enough.

Poll: Who’s better?

For someone who is 'supposedly' quite inteligent JFH said...... on 13:10 - Aug 21 with 2962 viewsTacticalR

Don't forget snoozeboxes for half-time naps

Swansea City FC Install Sleep Pods
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/07/22/swansea-city-fc-sleep-pods_n_7846570.

Air hostess clique

For someone who is 'supposedly' quite inteligent JFH said...... on 13:12 - Aug 21 with 2952 viewsRangersDave

I thought fitness and game time was something to be sorted in pre-season?

No point in not having it at the start, like, when you actually need it, otherwise huh?

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

For someone who is 'supposedly' quite inteligent JFH said...... on 13:14 - Aug 21 with 2945 viewsted_hendrix

I don't accept and never will this 'tiredness' nonsense from what are supposed to be professional bloody sportsmen, we're not asking them to work everyday of the week are we? two games a week at worst, at a rough guess I'd say that our lowest paid player on the pitch yesterday would be on say £5k per week, £250,000 per year salary aint a bad shout is it for playing bleeding football?
At the tender age of 66 I left my house for work at 05.30 last Monday and got home just before 7pm, I'm ready to go-I'm ready to put a shift in so It's not unreasonable to expect other professional people to be ready to go and put a shift in is it.
Nobody drives me to work in a luxury coach either or brings me back that night in the same bloody luxury coach.

Tiredness my arse.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

For someone who is 'supposedly' quite inteligent JFH said...... on 13:33 - Aug 21 with 2903 viewsRuislipHoop

Tired or not,thin squad or not,what has that got to do with every ball being lumped up to Poulter.
You are giving the ball to the opposition for free and are constantly under the kosh, that is hardly a plan for conserving energy.Keep the ball and let the opposition do the running around ???.
For someone who is 'supposedly' quite inteligent JFH said...... on 14:37 - Aug 21 with 2787 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I think 'tiredness' in this context is relative to the opposition. I don't think it's meant to invite sympathy - which professional players will never get - but JFH stating what he sees as a fact i.e. our players had less rest than Preston's and so suffered as a result.

I understand that but I think it's a dicey game even mentioning tiredness, particularly at this stage of the season. He's been complaining about our schedule for a couple of weeks now. Seeing as it can't be changed you have to wonder what the point of that was, and even if it became a self-fulfilling prophecy and fed into the players' supposed tiredness.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

For someone who is 'supposedly' quite inteligent JFH said...... on 15:18 - Aug 21 with 2717 viewsDejR_vu

If we had started like a steam train and blown out after 60 minutes the point might have a bit more credibility. That was an absolute train wreck from start to finish. Very foolish to try to paper over that one. The quickest way to lose the faith of the fans is to treat them like idiots. Should have held his hands up and taken a large slice of responsibility.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

For someone who is 'supposedly' quite inteligent JFH said...... on 15:19 - Aug 21 with 2710 viewsjonno

For someone who is 'supposedly' quite inteligent JFH said...... on 14:37 - Aug 21 by BrianMcCarthy

I think 'tiredness' in this context is relative to the opposition. I don't think it's meant to invite sympathy - which professional players will never get - but JFH stating what he sees as a fact i.e. our players had less rest than Preston's and so suffered as a result.

I understand that but I think it's a dicey game even mentioning tiredness, particularly at this stage of the season. He's been complaining about our schedule for a couple of weeks now. Seeing as it can't be changed you have to wonder what the point of that was, and even if it became a self-fulfilling prophecy and fed into the players' supposed tiredness.

Agree, and also agree with Ted. "Tired"? Total nonsense. But most footballers are always looking for an excuse for their latest pathetic performance, and here the manager is providing it for them.
For someone who is 'supposedly' quite inteligent JFH said...... on 15:30 - Aug 21 with 2678 viewsDejR_vu

For someone who is 'supposedly' quite inteligent JFH said...... on 13:14 - Aug 21 by ted_hendrix

I don't accept and never will this 'tiredness' nonsense from what are supposed to be professional bloody sportsmen, we're not asking them to work everyday of the week are we? two games a week at worst, at a rough guess I'd say that our lowest paid player on the pitch yesterday would be on say £5k per week, £250,000 per year salary aint a bad shout is it for playing bleeding football?
At the tender age of 66 I left my house for work at 05.30 last Monday and got home just before 7pm, I'm ready to go-I'm ready to put a shift in so It's not unreasonable to expect other professional people to be ready to go and put a shift in is it.
Nobody drives me to work in a luxury coach either or brings me back that night in the same bloody luxury coach.

Tiredness my arse.

In fairness, there are physical limitations. The body does need time to recover regardless of salary. He's not saying they were injured, just that they weren't 100%. But where the point falls down is that they have so many stats on fitness etc. that they would have known beforehand whose batteries weren't fully charged. So either some were short, in which case he should have made a couple of changes, or they were okay, in which case it's an empty excuse. Either way he should take a fair chunk of responsibility.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

For someone who is 'supposedly' quite inteligent JFH said...... on 16:21 - Aug 21 with 2605 viewsjohncharles

I don't know who told the players to hoof the ball into the air in that swirling wind but it was JFH's responsibility to tell them to stop. It's worrying that he couldn't see what was obvious to everyone watching.the midfield did what they could.....which was to watch the ball sailing over their heads and then sailing back again
[Post edited 21 Aug 2016 21:02]

Strong and stable my arse.

For someone who is 'supposedly' quite inteligent JFH said...... on 16:37 - Aug 21 with 2574 viewsRickyDicky

For someone who is 'supposedly' quite inteligent JFH said...... on 15:19 - Aug 21 by jonno

Agree, and also agree with Ted. "Tired"? Total nonsense. But most footballers are always looking for an excuse for their latest pathetic performance, and here the manager is providing it for them.

I'm on your side, but September should be interesting. 5 games in 17 days.

Poll: Where will we finish next Year. Starting early.

For someone who is 'supposedly' quite inteligent JFH said...... on 17:39 - Aug 21 with 2469 viewsvegasranger

I'm not buying into this press high up the field nonsense. It's fair to say I only see us on TV but when you play one up front you can't really press the opposition back line. I see Poulter wearing himself out running across the back line with limited support from Chery and that's it. From what I read, we just sat back at Barnsley inviting pressure. Also JFH seems to be obsessed with closing the opposition down but there is no talk of transition or planned attacks.
For someone who is 'supposedly' quite inteligent JFH said...... on 18:56 - Aug 21 with 2371 viewsbosh67

They should be fine now. Having had a bloody good little sleep between 3-5 on Saturday.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

For someone who is 'supposedly' quite inteligent JFH said...... on 19:06 - Aug 21 with 2338 viewsfrancisbowles

For someone who is 'supposedly' quite inteligent JFH said...... on 15:30 - Aug 21 by DejR_vu

In fairness, there are physical limitations. The body does need time to recover regardless of salary. He's not saying they were injured, just that they weren't 100%. But where the point falls down is that they have so many stats on fitness etc. that they would have known beforehand whose batteries weren't fully charged. So either some were short, in which case he should have made a couple of changes, or they were okay, in which case it's an empty excuse. Either way he should take a fair chunk of responsibility.

Looking at the bench yesterday, I don't think he had many real options to give some a rest.
For someone who is 'supposedly' quite inteligent JFH said...... on 19:25 - Aug 21 with 2306 viewsNeil_SI

There's no need to panic. We looked really tired and the lack of energy directly impacted on our performance.

It was obviously poor, but it's difficult to do much when you're that flat and unable to up the tempo. It's a lesson for us, because with hindsight JFH should have put fresh legs in from the start.

Because we lacked that intensity we weren't able to press the play or pass the ball with any conviction or quality. The areas of our game that work so well when the players are fresh are severely impacted at times like this, so we need to look at that and ensure we understand what to do to not repeat this outcome in future.

Part of that is to make sure you identify when the team are collectively low on energy levels. Part of that is then playing sensibly and disciplined when you find yourself in that scenario. It wasn't ones or two's either, it was the whole group, which says something.

That's where we fell down. It was obvious from the start that we didn't have the zip we needed. But then it's important to keep hold of the ball and play a simple possession based game. We didn't do that, we hacked and thrashed at the ball and often just hit it without the focus and concentration required to produce quality and accuracy. There were a lot of players simply putting their foot through the ball without really thinking about it.

So the service towards Sebastian Polter was pretty poor overall and made it very difficult for him to get on the end of anything cleanly and even when he did, we didn't have the legs to get bodies in and around him like we had done in previous games. So it all fell down quickly — though as a small plus, Polter's defensive work in our box was excellent from set plays.

Perhaps behind the scenes the staff need to look at the recovery and rehabilitation stage after so many matches in a short space of time. The additional day Preston had to recover from playing the day before us made all of the difference. But then we've got to be prepared for that, we can't use it as an excuse because we knew how the fixtures fell in advance, even if we have had some injuries.

Having seen us like that here, it's obvious a small squad will struggle if there isn't much rotation used during periods where there are a lot of matches in a short space of time. The upcoming League Cup game needs to be treated with care, and we probably need to make use of the squad for this one to ensure we keep our players fresh and reduce the risk and likelihood of injury and then have everybody ready for Wigan before heading into the international break.

And obviously you can't afford to gift goals away like we did. The first one in these situations is often critical. After the first went in from Alex Smithies' mistake, the body language of the team suggested they already knew they would struggle to turn it around and it looked like they didn't believe they could. They knew they weren't at the races.

But fair play to the players. They did actually try to do something about it in the second half and fight fire with fire, however that left them vulnerable on the counter and with the lack of quality and sluggishness about us, we made another mistake and were made to pay for it.

That's the way it goes sometimes. In future, they will need to try and keep it at 0-0 and decide whether it's worth trying to go for it or just get a point on the board and as the season progresses, you hope to see some players take a lead and step up to the plate to try and take control of the situation before it gets away from them.

In some ways, JFH's bench with four kids on it almost seemed like a plea to the club to reinforce the squad further. It had a touch of the Harry Redknapp about it, especially as we do have Sandro and Daniel Tozser still on the books.
For someone who is 'supposedly' quite inteligent JFH said...... on 23:22 - Aug 21 with 2088 viewsdaveB

I think he's right we did look tired but I think that could have bene helped by a few fresh legs in the team, I'd have started Shodipo on the left and given henry the day off to add more pace and energy to the wide areas.
No matter how much players are paid etc they are still human so are going to be tired some of the time. It's not a disgrace it just happens
For someone who is 'supposedly' quite inteligent JFH said...... on 23:31 - Aug 21 with 2074 viewsrobith

Look, criticising SPG is the last refuge of the dammed, but if you're going to write a sentence insinuating someone is thick, you could spell intelligence correctly. Takes like 3 seconds to check on Google.
For someone who is 'supposedly' quite inteligent JFH said...... on 09:00 - Aug 22 with 1915 viewspaulparker

if we tell the squad they are tired then they have the perfect excuse before a ball is even kicked, Preston have played the same amount of games as us and have the same squad size yet looked fitter, organised and passed us off the park , why arnt they tired ??

Jimmy has to come out and say he got it wrong because that's the bare facts
set pieces was poor, the tactics of playing one up top never worked as Clarke had polter in his pocket , heads dropped as we lacked leadership and direction
if we really were tired then do something different , change it around, start with Washington, Shodipo (sp) & El khayite , change tactics ,
ive said it before and il say it again I like JFH but sometimes he does himself no favours

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

For someone who is 'supposedly' quite inteligent JFH said...... on 09:03 - Aug 22 with 1912 viewsloftinoz

For someone who is 'supposedly' quite inteligent JFH said...... on 23:31 - Aug 21 by robith

Look, criticising SPG is the last refuge of the dammed, but if you're going to write a sentence insinuating someone is thick, you could spell intelligence correctly. Takes like 3 seconds to check on Google.

Careful, you'll be accused of molesting young boys in the toilets if you expect correct spelling and grammar.
For someone who is 'supposedly' quite inteligent JFH said...... on 09:15 - Aug 22 with 1890 viewsMytch_QPR

For someone who is 'supposedly' quite inteligent JFH said...... on 13:14 - Aug 21 by ted_hendrix

Tiredness my arse.

Do the team talk before KO in future, Ted (you'll get a chance to go on the coach as well).

What depresses me is that we heard the same from saggychops - and the average age of the squad was older then, so he may have had a point (despite the fact he signed them). I would have been less saddened if JFH just said that he messed up tactically and we'll look to learn from the mistakes.

Onwards and onwards.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

For someone who is 'supposedly' quite inteligent JFH said...... on 09:33 - Aug 22 with 1891 viewsrobith

For someone who is 'supposedly' quite inteligent JFH said...... on 09:03 - Aug 22 by loftinoz

Careful, you'll be accused of molesting young boys in the toilets if you expect correct spelling and grammar.

I don't expect it - it's often a last attempt to ignore the content of someone's message to score points. But seriously, if you're gonna call someone else thick, you can spell check it first
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024