Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A damning indictment of JFH 09:55 - Nov 21 with 4860 viewsrobith

Let's get Monday morning rolling shall we.

I was of the team who thought Hasselbaink should be given time, and definitely until the end of the season. I understood people's frustrations, but I thought we needed to reshape how we did things. I also thought Holloway was a regressive appointment that would probably end in tears.

Whilst one swallow against a DGAF Norwich team does not a summer make, the fact that in a week Holloway managed to get us in a new formation (I think if Robinson hadn't been injured or we had a fit replacement we'd have pummelled them), play which such vigour, purpose and intent with the exact same players is pretty damning on JFH.

After Brentford my dad text me (I was at a wedding) to say "I just can't believe Jimmy's telling them to play like that". Maybe he actually was.

Early days, and we'll see how it goes. But one of my prevailing thoughts walking away from Loftus Road was "I can't believe I spent so much of my time standing up for him"
A damning indictment of JFH on 09:57 - Nov 21 with 4138 viewspaulparker

it made a change to actually get at the opposition from the kick off , Norwich were fragile and lacking confidence and Olly was spot on in his tactics
we are the home team so take the game to them
under JFH we wouldn't of had our first shot until the 40th minute

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

A damning indictment of JFH on 10:06 - Nov 21 with 4087 viewsdaveB

We started the game exactly as we did against leeds on the opening day, balls in the box and force a mistake. Quite why JFH never set his team out to start like that in games again is beyond me
A damning indictment of JFH on 10:20 - Nov 21 with 4032 viewsElHoop

I wasn't at the game but it sounds as if we were a lot more positive, for sure, although we still only managed to score two against 10 men for 90 odd minutes, so we are still struggling to find goals. If JFH was to blame for our style of play before and Ollie gets the credit now, then it does seem odd that our 'direction of football' is purely down to the manager. In the case of JFH he seemed a bit out of his depth in this respect. Ollie is obviously at the other end of the scale in terms of experience. We are a football club - we play football - that's what we do - shouldn't the style of play be something that isn't just the responsibility of a manager, even an experienced one? Sure, the manager has to set the tactics from game to game.

How we play is massively important to the size of our crowds and the atmosphere - why has it taken so long to resolve the issue? If JFH wouldn't adapt his tactics then maybe he should have gone sooner, but it's hard to know what was going on exactly. Going to games might actually be fun again, so it's water under the bridge and on we go.
A damning indictment of JFH on 10:34 - Nov 21 with 3981 viewsdaveB

A damning indictment of JFH on 10:20 - Nov 21 by ElHoop

I wasn't at the game but it sounds as if we were a lot more positive, for sure, although we still only managed to score two against 10 men for 90 odd minutes, so we are still struggling to find goals. If JFH was to blame for our style of play before and Ollie gets the credit now, then it does seem odd that our 'direction of football' is purely down to the manager. In the case of JFH he seemed a bit out of his depth in this respect. Ollie is obviously at the other end of the scale in terms of experience. We are a football club - we play football - that's what we do - shouldn't the style of play be something that isn't just the responsibility of a manager, even an experienced one? Sure, the manager has to set the tactics from game to game.

How we play is massively important to the size of our crowds and the atmosphere - why has it taken so long to resolve the issue? If JFH wouldn't adapt his tactics then maybe he should have gone sooner, but it's hard to know what was going on exactly. Going to games might actually be fun again, so it's water under the bridge and on we go.

It may have only been two goals but it was a world away from anything I've seen in a long time, probably since the Warnock promotion season. Washington had a couple of other chances and the keeper made a few decent saves. We put in crosses, good build up play at times and not afraid to have a shot. It was so much better than the tight scoreline suggests. So much to improve on as well, we still made plenty of mistakes but it was front foot football and glorious to watch.

One thing that was clear was that the players looked more relaxed and encouraged to try things and express themselves. Chery looked a different player to the one I've seen in the last few months, one nutmeg to win a corner was Adel like.
A damning indictment of JFH on 10:57 - Nov 21 with 3904 viewsNorthernr

The high press was actually there as well. Never understood why Hasselbaink talked so much about that, released players because of it, then it never happened. Washington was brilliant at it.

All this said, if we'd been clinging onto a 2-1 win at the end having played against 10 men for the whole match under Hasselbaink people would be slating him.
A damning indictment of JFH on 11:05 - Nov 21 with 3866 viewsrobith

A damning indictment of JFH on 10:57 - Nov 21 by Northernr

The high press was actually there as well. Never understood why Hasselbaink talked so much about that, released players because of it, then it never happened. Washington was brilliant at it.

All this said, if we'd been clinging onto a 2-1 win at the end having played against 10 men for the whole match under Hasselbaink people would be slating him.

I remarked to my pals at full time "How did that first half end up with The Alamo?"

Three things at play - change in formation really hampered us, especially as Sandro in the middle of the park who for my money was poor; removing Luongo for a wide player was a misstep; and when they scored the chronic lack of confidence from a team in a slump meant we totally bricked it
A damning indictment of JFH on 11:10 - Nov 21 with 3856 views2Thomas2Bowles

Difference is, Post match JFH would have just said it is what it is

Ollie admitted they got it wrong in the last 20+ and I think he knows he made the wrong subs. JFH never admitted he was ever wrong.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

A damning indictment of JFH on 11:24 - Nov 21 with 3798 viewsfrancisbowles

Even at 0-2 Norwich sat in trying to keep the score down/stay in the game. A tactic that very nearly came off!
Login to get fewer ads

A damning indictment of JFH on 11:39 - Nov 21 with 3725 viewslondonscottish

A damning indictment of JFH on 10:06 - Nov 21 by daveB

We started the game exactly as we did against leeds on the opening day, balls in the box and force a mistake. Quite why JFH never set his team out to start like that in games again is beyond me

Yeah and same as last couple of home games i want to last season.

Before THE FEAR set in and the psychological death spiral started.

It was nice to pass that particular baton onto Norwich.

Their messages boards have been in melt down.

Fnar fnar.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

A damning indictment of JFH on 11:47 - Nov 21 with 3678 viewsrobith

In fairness El, Ruddy made two corking saves at 2-0 that would've put the game beyond all doubt, so it wasn't like we weren't creating chances at all
A damning indictment of JFH on 12:01 - Nov 21 with 3639 viewsPinnerPaul

As you mentioned in report, the key was taking off Louongo.

With the wing backs, we didn't need another winger.

As Ollie said, the players stopped passing the ball (See mistake for Norwich goal) AND dropped deep but taking off a central midfielder & replacing with a wide player we didn't need WAS an error and as you say another manager, not just JFH!, would have been slated for it - especially if it had ended up 2-2.

However as Ollie said of the players, he got some things wrong, but an awful lot more things right.
A damning indictment of JFH on 12:03 - Nov 21 with 3625 viewsPinnerPaul

A damning indictment of JFH on 11:47 - Nov 21 by robith

In fairness El, Ruddy made two corking saves at 2-0 that would've put the game beyond all doubt, so it wasn't like we weren't creating chances at all

Sandro wasn't problem mins 45-65 - we looked in total control, so much so Norwich fans started ironic cheering when they crossed half way line - it was after 70 mins it started to go wrong.
A damning indictment of JFH on 12:29 - Nov 21 with 3544 viewsElHoop

A damning indictment of JFH on 11:47 - Nov 21 by robith

Yeah OK - it's too early to judge anything - but he's going to have to get more goals from midfield and defence if we're going to push forward in the second half of the season or next season. It's not that obvious that there's too many goals lurking dormant in this squad, but if Ollie can get confidence up then there might yet be goals in some of them for all i know.
A damning indictment of JFH on 13:39 - Nov 21 with 3334 viewswestberksr

A damning indictment of JFH on 12:03 - Nov 21 by PinnerPaul

Sandro wasn't problem mins 45-65 - we looked in total control, so much so Norwich fans started ironic cheering when they crossed half way line - it was after 70 mins it started to go wrong.

that's pretty much how I saw it. Sandro was caught a couple of times when his legs weren't as quick as his brain but nothing to unto wards.

the shape change didn't help and the team just kept creeping back inviting Naaaaarwich onto us, which can often happen. Game should have been dead and buried by then with the amount of possession and chances we had.
A damning indictment of JFH on 16:45 - Nov 21 with 3095 viewsjohncharles

One last word on JFH. I was never convinced that he as the man for the job but he tried, just wasn't up to it. No hard feelings.
He wasn't like some lying, thieving crook we had recently.

Strong and stable my arse.

A damning indictment of JFH on 17:00 - Nov 21 with 3045 viewsrobith

A damning indictment of JFH on 16:45 - Nov 21 by johncharles

One last word on JFH. I was never convinced that he as the man for the job but he tried, just wasn't up to it. No hard feelings.
He wasn't like some lying, thieving crook we had recently.

Concur. At the time, he seemed like a progressive, positive appointment, which for some reason just didn't really work.
A damning indictment of JFH on 17:07 - Nov 21 with 3012 viewsVancouverHoop

It's one match. Everyone was buzzing about JFH's first game of this season too.
A damning indictment of JFH on 19:24 - Nov 21 with 2775 viewskensalriser

"All this said, if we'd been clinging onto a 2-1 win at the end having played against 10 men for the whole match under Hasselbaink people would be slating him. "

No doubt.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

A damning indictment of JFH on 21:39 - Nov 21 with 2582 viewsPunteR

A damning indictment of JFH on 17:07 - Nov 21 by VancouverHoop

sobering thought.

Way to early to sack JFH but then again it might work out still with Holloway.
I love Olly and everything he brings to the club . But still..one game.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

A damning indictment of JFH on 22:05 - Nov 21 with 2532 views2Thomas2Bowles

But it's not just about on the pitch, it's the whole club and supporters together that's been missing for so long.
Sure, we are not going to win this league this year, may not even make the top 6 but hopefully we will have that bond with the club again.

Who knows how long the honeymoon may last but the last marriage with JFH was frankly fecking dreadful.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

A damning indictment of JFH on 22:11 - Nov 21 with 2520 viewslondonscottish

Yeah. Ollie out.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

A damning indictment of JFH on 00:36 - Nov 22 with 2406 viewsPunteR

A damning indictment of JFH on 22:11 - Nov 21 by londonscottish

Yeah. Ollie out.

I'd give Olly another game at least. See how we go from there.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

A damning indictment of JFH on 01:11 - Nov 22 with 2391 viewskensalriser

A damning indictment of JFH on 00:36 - Nov 22 by PunteR

I'd give Olly another game at least. See how we go from there.

We should definitely give him as many games as possible, at least until he loses one.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

A damning indictment of JFH on 19:34 - Nov 22 with 2055 viewsNortholt_Rs

A damning indictment of JFH on 17:07 - Nov 21 by VancouverHoop

I was at both of those games - chalk n cheese...

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

A damning indictment of JFH on 22:01 - Nov 22 with 1967 viewsisawqpratwcity

A damning indictment of JFH on 19:34 - Nov 22 by Northolt_Rs

I was at both of those games - chalk n cheese...

Because JFH played against 10% more opposition?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024