Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stupid 07:42 - Dec 18 with 3479 viewsLadbrokeR

I followed a twitter link on here where Amit Bhatia had made a comment and people were responding. I couldn't believe it somebody had suggested sacking Holloway after four games. This is nothing short of an embarrassment. I was never a massive Ollie fan but give the bloke a chance.
Stupid on 07:51 - Dec 18 with 3450 viewsPunteR

Then again, sacking a manager after 19 games while midtable seems a bit daft as well.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Stupid on 08:09 - Dec 18 with 3425 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

We get the club we deserve sometimes.

Isn't there some quote about insanity and doing the same thing over and over again?

I think it was either Mark Twain, Einstein, or Marilyn Monroe.
Stupid on 08:13 - Dec 18 with 3413 viewsPunteR

Stupid on 08:09 - Dec 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

We get the club we deserve sometimes.

Isn't there some quote about insanity and doing the same thing over and over again?

I think it was either Mark Twain, Einstein, or Marilyn Monroe.

I think it was Hot Chip

Stupid on 08:19 - Dec 18 with 3393 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Stupid on 08:13 - Dec 18 by PunteR

I think it was Hot Chip

HA!
Stupid on 08:26 - Dec 18 with 3364 viewsLadbrokeR

Stupid on 07:51 - Dec 18 by PunteR

Then again, sacking a manager after 19 games while midtable seems a bit daft as well.

To some extent you are not wrong. Although I was getting tired of watching us.
Stupid on 08:28 - Dec 18 with 3356 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Stupid on 08:26 - Dec 18 by LadbrokeR

I tried to defend JFH all the way through and still think we should have held on, but Jesus Christ in hindsight we were boring.
Stupid on 08:35 - Dec 18 with 3342 viewsPunteR

Stupid on 08:19 - Dec 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

HA!

Seriously. ;)

"Over and over and over and over and over,
Like a monkey with a miniature cymbal,
The joy or repetition really is in you.
Under and under and under and under and under,
The spell of repetition really is on you,
And when I feel this way I really am with you."

I think its actually about repetitive beats and dance music but QPR are like a sampled loop, doing the same thing over and over. The super loops.

Stupid on 08:51 - Dec 18 with 3288 viewsPunteR

Stupid on 08:26 - Dec 18 by LadbrokeR

The thing is for me I didn't go to many of the games. I've only been to four this season and two of them were the micky mouse cup ones. They weren't boring to me. I understand and appreciate that if I was a season ticket holder and sat through every game then its probably a different story but I have to take peoples word for that.
From my point of view it was too early to sack him, but then that's just how we do things at QPR these days and its probably the reason why fans are now calling for Ollie to be sacked after four games.

Login to get fewer ads

Stupid on 08:59 - Dec 18 with 3273 viewsessextaxiboy

Stupid on 08:51 - Dec 18 by PunteR

The thing is for me I didn't go to many of the games. I've only been to four this season and two of them were the micky mouse cup ones. They weren't boring to me. I understand and appreciate that if I was a season ticket holder and sat through every game then its probably a different story but I have to take peoples word for that.
From my point of view it was too early to sack him, but then that's just how we do things at QPR these days and its probably the reason why fans are now calling for Ollie to be sacked after four games.

I have been banging on about this for years .Dont keep sacking fcking managers .
JFH way of playing may have changed as he grew into the job but we didnt give him the chance .
Ollie hopefully will turn us round but whatever , give him a proper run .
Burnley didnt sack Dysche(sp) and look what happened .
Stupid on 14:17 - Dec 18 with 2984 viewsHooped_Pullie

I don't think there is much chance of Holloway being sacked as far as I can see, and I'll make a prediction right now that when he does eventually leave it'll be because he's decided to walk away - there'll be no tin tack.

I guess that, ridiculous as it sounds, some may be thinking that if there was a vacancy, Rowett might agree to join the Good Ship LR. Not sure that's the case.

A decade and a half ago, those of us who were there saw us drop from Championship level with Holloway at the helm. He led us through a three-year third tier journey to return, and stuck around for us whilst we re-established ourselves, until it all went a bit funny between him and our old friend Paladini. If we're beginning a similar journey now, the best thing we can do is stick together, shout for our team, and hope there's some joy along the way, there certainly was last time out.

And yes, let's forget about sackings & scapegoating. We'll be the better for it.
Stupid on 14:50 - Dec 18 with 2852 viewsNov77

It's not sacking Holloway that would be stupid, it was appointing him, Millwall fans warned us he was finished.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Stupid on 19:50 - Dec 18 with 2615 viewsqblockpete

Should start by sacking the person who is responsible on bringing these useless bunch of players in
Stupid on 19:52 - Dec 18 with 2603 viewsPunteR

Stupid on 19:50 - Dec 18 by qblockpete

Should start by sacking the person who is responsible on bringing these useless bunch of players in

yeh that would help the team play better.

Stupid on 20:02 - Dec 18 with 2549 viewsLongsufferingR

Stupid on 19:50 - Dec 18 by qblockpete

Yeah, sack him, sack the chairman, sack the DOF, sack another manager, sack everybody. Fkers. If we sack them, then we'll have a load more new faces to sack. Then we can sue them. Sue everybody!

At least you'll be able to scrounge a free seat somewhere else whatever happens.
Stupid on 20:56 - Dec 18 with 2460 viewsFloridaR

Well Tony hasn't sacked a manager someone after 30 days yet so he could set another record...

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink: Happy I'm the 'chosen one'

Stupid on 21:26 - Dec 18 with 2388 viewsAgedR

Stupid on 14:17 - Dec 18 by Hooped_Pullie

I don't think there is much chance of Holloway being sacked as far as I can see, and I'll make a prediction right now that when he does eventually leave it'll be because he's decided to walk away - there'll be no tin tack.

I guess that, ridiculous as it sounds, some may be thinking that if there was a vacancy, Rowett might agree to join the Good Ship LR. Not sure that's the case.

A decade and a half ago, those of us who were there saw us drop from Championship level with Holloway at the helm. He led us through a three-year third tier journey to return, and stuck around for us whilst we re-established ourselves, until it all went a bit funny between him and our old friend Paladini. If we're beginning a similar journey now, the best thing we can do is stick together, shout for our team, and hope there's some joy along the way, there certainly was last time out.

And yes, let's forget about sackings & scapegoating. We'll be the better for it.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024