Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team Spirit 08:31 - Mar 21 with 754 viewsrichranger

One thing that has been so noticeable in the last few weeks is the amazing team spirit. Everyone seems to be looking out for everyone else, even when they are not in the team. Darnell Furlong confirms this on the latest Open All Rs podcast. It was so noticeable on Saturday when Yeni and Massimo scored, and everyone celebrated.
The only other times I can remember the spirit being go good is during Warnock's promotion season, and under Terry Venables - and they weren't bad football teams either!
We aren't quite there football wise, but the team spirit certainly is.
Team Spirit on 09:08 - Mar 21 with 726 viewsCFW

I was just about to start a new thread on a similar topic so thought I would just add to this one.

You are quite correct our team spirit is so much better than it has been for the whole season - think the main reason is simply because we are winning games. Ollie has managed to give most of his 'squad' players game time by rotating the team and playing with different formations so everyone feels involved. The other thing to remember is everyone is making a contribution with scoring the goals and it is great to see them coming from the midfield players as well as the front men.

We have some tough games coming up Derby Away, Villa away then Brighton, Bristol City, Wednesday, Brentford, Trees and finally Norwich. The games in April come thick and fast so we will need all players to be involved giving players recovery time. I was delighted to read that Ollie said he wanted to win every game, we could have perhaps just sat back a bit now that we are almost safe but it is IMO vital that we keep this great run going. Are we going to win all those games - no but good performances will do us the world of good.

We then get to the break - this time there will be a few going but for the first time in quite a while we do not need to purchase a new team!! We have the base and with a few quality additions we will be ready to go. Hopefully we will get a good pre-season under our belts which (for the first time in a while) should include the majority of our squad going into the new season. No desperate deadline day transfers because we are so short of players. I think the squad needs balancing a bit but we have the foundations.

Finally just wanted to give a mention to Morrison - there have been quite a few not exactly positive comments on LFW recently about his performances. Now I am NOT defending him in any way - in the past he has been a complete idiot but I do think we should give him the benefit of the doubt at the moment. He must be doing ok in training for him to be involved on match day. Ollie has already bombed out players who have not got the right attitude or application on the training ground. He is a talented player and if we can help him get through all the negative stuff of the past we will have a good player in our squad. I understand he has looked poor in the time he has been involved but he has played very little football during the past year (yes I know that is his fault) so lets give him a chance.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024