Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The new kit... 12:30 - Jun 16 with 35030 viewsGloucs_R

Apparently...(Facebook)

Its Dennis the menace away. Green and black hoops 3rd. Royal panda is sponsor. Hoops not thin and all the way round. Keeper shirt is an illuminous green. Round collars.

They did a photo shoot yesterday where fans modelled the new kit. Someone that was chosen told me yesterday exactly what they're like. They couldn't take pictures as they had to sign a disclaimer. Wait and see...

Not sure why you'd have black in 2nd and 3rd kit?

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

The new kit... on 12:38 - Jun 16 with 13627 viewsTheChef

Jesus no, not another focking betting company as sponsor. There's more than enough already - where the hell are the regulations on these things?

I though we were better than that.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

The new kit... on 12:45 - Jun 16 with 13584 viewsmakaveli1882

I would love it if we had the Panda on the middle of our shirts :)

No problem with having a betting agent on our shirts, better than selotape
The new kit... on 13:29 - Jun 16 with 13443 viewsTheChef

The new kit... on 12:45 - Jun 16 by makaveli1882

I would love it if we had the Panda on the middle of our shirts :)

No problem with having a betting agent on our shirts, better than selotape

So you can't have cigarettes or alcohol advertising on football shirts, because they are addictive and bad for your health.

Doesn't gambling qualify for that as well?

Shocking how online gambling has been allowed to spread rampantly in this country - as if people weren't in enough debt already.

The new kit... on 13:52 - Jun 16 with 13377 viewsNorthernr

The new kit... on 13:29 - Jun 16 by TheChef

So you can't have cigarettes or alcohol advertising on football shirts, because they are addictive and bad for your health.

Shocking how online gambling has been allowed to spread rampantly in this country - as if people weren't in enough debt already.

I know what you're saying and I think gambling advertising is out of hand in this country as well but when popping into Ladbrokes is proven to give you lung cancer then come back to me.
The new kit... on 14:20 - Jun 16 with 13318 viewsDWQPR

The new kit... on 13:52 - Jun 16 by Northernr

I know what you're saying and I think gambling advertising is out of hand in this country as well but when popping into Ladbrokes is proven to give you lung cancer then come back to me.

Might get harmed physically but the effects of a gambling addiction can be horrendous on the individual and on their family. Human nature tends to make addicts of some kind or another out of all of us, and usually not to our benefit, or others that surround you.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

The new kit... on 14:22 - Jun 16 with 13310 viewsdaveB

The new kit... on 13:29 - Jun 16 by TheChef

you can have alcohol advertising on shirts just not in every country.
The new kit... on 14:56 - Jun 16 with 13225 viewsDylanP

The new kit... on 14:20 - Jun 16 by DWQPR

Might get harmed physically but the effects of a gambling addiction can be horrendous on the individual and on their family. Human nature tends to make addicts of some kind or another out of all of us, and usually not to our benefit, or others that surround you.

Not to belittle the serious nature of gambling addition in some cases, but the word addition can be slapped on any behavior and only sometimes is it justified. I've heard people talk about being addicted too online shopping or addicted to some TV shows or addicted to ice cream. In most cases that is just having no will power. Bottom line is, people work hard for their money and if they want to spend their entertainment dollars on movies, or gambling on the dogs, or eating at fancy restaurants, then that is none of my business. In a free society, people have wide latitude to make decisions on their own lives, even when those decisions are "objectively" bad ones. So, just like the government has no right to tell someone that they shouldn't spend money on a certain brand of cloths coz its too expensive for their earnings (for example), the govmt should tell people how to spend their entertainment money.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

The new kit... on 14:59 - Jun 16 with 13202 viewsToast_R

The Football League is sponsored by a betting company, where do you draw the line?
Sport and betting go hand in hand really, always has always will.

If they offer the shirt without a Sponsor then everyone's a winner.
Login to get fewer ads

The new kit... on 15:00 - Jun 16 with 13201 viewsdaveB

The new kit... on 14:20 - Jun 16 by DWQPR

do we also ban food as you could become addicted and become obese and die, or ban car sponsorship as you could have an accident in one. Sponsors for football clubs will always reflect the audience which is why it will always be beer, gambling and cars sponsoring football clubs
The new kit... on 15:03 - Jun 16 with 13189 viewsTheChef

The new kit... on 14:59 - Jun 16 by Toast_R

The Football League is sponsored by a betting company, where do you draw the line?

I seriously hope they do!

Fair enough sport and betting go hand in hand, but until recently you only really saw betting sponsorship with horse racing. Now it's getting everywhere (let alone the umpteen TV ads).

The new kit... on 15:08 - Jun 16 with 13158 viewsDWQPR

The new kit... on 15:00 - Jun 16 by daveB

do we also ban food as you could become addicted and become obese and die, or ban car sponsorship as you could have an accident in one. Sponsors for football clubs will always reflect the audience which is why it will always be beer, gambling and cars sponsoring football clubs

So why ban smoking advertising then. Don't get me wrong, I think that all governments stick their noses in too much to peoples lives. Give them the information on such behaviours could do to their health fine, but if you are going to ban smoking health advertising because of health issues, then why not alcohol, or gambling. For many people who are not strong minded enough all three can have devastating effects on their lives and the lives of those who are close to them.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

The new kit... on 15:30 - Jun 16 with 13081 viewsessextaxiboy

The new kit... on 14:59 - Jun 16 by Toast_R

Why would a brand sign a contract which allowed a plain kit to be available ?
The new kit... on 15:31 - Jun 16 with 13075 viewsToast_R

The new kit... on 15:08 - Jun 16 by DWQPR

So why ban smoking advertising then. Don't get me wrong, I think that all governments stick their noses in too much to peoples lives. Give them the information on such behaviours could do to their health fine, but if you are going to ban smoking health advertising because of health issues, then why not alcohol, or gambling. For many people who are not strong minded enough all three can have devastating effects on their lives and the lives of those who are close to them.

Because smoking really does kill or at least have serious damaging effect on your life and those around you who passively breathe in the shite.

My father in law is 74 and has COPD — smoked since he was a teenager. To his credit he quit in 2012 when their first Grand son was due and he hasn’t gone back to it since. But it’s too late for him, his lungs are shot to the point he can’t walk more then 10 metres without getting out of breath. If he gets a cold or infection, it’s a major deal. He’ll end up relying on oxygen eventually. I feel for him as he suffers but you can’t help but resent him too when you see all medication he is now reliant on that the NHS foots the bill for due to the habit he had for 50 odd years — despite knowing for most of it that it would do this to him.
The new kit... on 17:18 - Jun 16 with 12864 viewsStevenageRanger

If you can squeeze into a Large Youths shirt then you can have no sponsor.

All the kids and youths last year were blank.
The new kit... on 17:57 - Jun 16 with 12773 viewsthame_hoops

I wonder if the club selected some of our Rotund fans to model

Kun fu panda on the front is gonna look wicked smart
The new kit... on 18:05 - Jun 16 with 12764 viewsHooped_Pullie

Looks like we'll be happy with the designs (if not universally the sponsor).

Hoops all the way round, Dennis The Menace back, 3rd kit a bit of a curate's egg but that seems to be the lot of 3rd kits. Sounds from the description a bit like the kit Huddersfield were wearing in the play-off final.

A nice selection of supporting leisurewear (including of course, Gilets) and bob's your uncle.
The new kit... on 19:24 - Jun 16 with 12525 viewsE17hoop

The new kit... on 12:38 - Jun 16 by TheChef

Jesus no, not another focking betting company as sponsor. There's more than enough already - where the hell are the regulations on these things?

I though we were better than that.

Smarkets are a betting company and were last year's sponsor with no concerns raised.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

The new kit... on 19:35 - Jun 16 with 12503 viewsbosh67

Anyone actually seen the new kits?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The new kit... on 19:43 - Jun 16 with 12480 viewsEsox_Lucius

The new kit... on 19:24 - Jun 16 by E17hoop

Smarkets are a betting company and were last year's sponsor with no concerns raised.

Smarkets? I thought we were sponsored by Smarties! Looks like a trip to Specsavers for me.

The grass is always greener.

The new kit... on 19:45 - Jun 16 with 12474 viewsdanehoop

I wonder if we can follow the Notts County example and get some of our musical celebrity fans to follow suit, imagine coming out to London Calling and having the Clash as sponsors or Anarchy in The UK with the Sex Pistols. Guess we could have something by the Libertines, but they seem a bit average in comparison.

Never knowingly understood

The new kit... on 23:45 - Jun 16 with 12085 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

The new kit... on 19:24 - Jun 16 by E17hoop

I had concerns. To be honest I never really understood what Smarkets was all about. It's not so much gambling in general i'm against. I've nothing against people having a flutter on the horses and so on. It's online gambling sites like Royal Panda I don't like. Just aimed at exploiting vulnerable people as far as I can see. Not something I want to support. So if it is Royal Panda as shirt sponsor then I most likely won't be buying. It's not a fcking boycot or anything It's just something I don't really agree with.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

The new kit... on 23:47 - Jun 16 with 12081 viewsPunteR

The new kit... on 13:52 - Jun 16 by Northernr

Without trying to sound mr self righteous i think gambling is going to become an even bigger problem in the next few years. Too easy to chuck your hard earned money away. Of course it wont kill you, but it has potential to mess up family's and marriages .
Its a cancer on society. Ive seen mates hooked on all sorts things,gambling one of them.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The new kit... on 23:53 - Jun 16 with 12074 viewsDeepcutHoop

The new kit... on 23:45 - Jun 16 by CliveWilsonSaid

I had concerns. To be honest I never really understood what Smarkets was all about. It's not so much gambling in general i'm against. I've nothing against people having a flutter on the horses and so on. It's online gambling sites like Royal Panda I don't like. Just aimed at exploiting vulnerable people as far as I can see. Not something I want to support. So if it is Royal Panda as shirt sponsor then I most likely won't be buying. It's not a fcking boycot or anything It's just something I don't really agree with.

Agree with all this.
The new kit... on 05:57 - Jun 17 with 11883 viewsNortholt_Rs

The new kit... on 19:45 - Jun 16 by danehoop

I wonder if we can follow the Notts County example and get some of our musical celebrity fans to follow suit, imagine coming out to London Calling and having the Clash as sponsors or Anarchy in The UK with the Sex Pistols. Guess we could have something by the Libertines, but they seem a bit average in comparison.

Foolham come out to London Calling....'I live by the river'....

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

The new kit... on 08:47 - Jun 17 with 11704 viewsbosh67

I really do hope this image is the whole height of the of the front of the new shirt.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024