Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tractor Boys' QPR Ticket Travesty 19:42 - Aug 11 with 4991 viewsHadders

An Ipswich pal of mine alerted me to this. Some of their fans being a bit rude about us (with some justification in this case, perhaps), but others being very fair. A campaign worth supporting?

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/32048/
[Post edited 11 Aug 2017 19:52]
Tractor Boys' QPR Ticket Travesty on 19:51 - Aug 11 with 4103 viewsDubaiR

I think Lee has a valid point, you have to payer higher salaries in London to Players, police, staff etc. You can't compare running costs in Ipswich to West London. We lose money as it is
Tractor Boys' QPR Ticket Travesty on 20:11 - Aug 11 with 4036 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Reading fans were outraged by our ticket prices too.

Do they all want subsidised beer while in pricey West London as well?
Tractor Boys' QPR Ticket Travesty on 20:14 - Aug 11 with 4027 viewsDubaiR

36 quid a ticket in bloody sheffield
Tractor Boys' QPR Ticket Travesty on 20:42 - Aug 11 with 3963 viewsFredManRave

Tractor Boys' QPR Ticket Travesty on 20:14 - Aug 11 by DubaiR

36 quid a ticket in bloody sheffield

That ticket must be usable for both games, shirley?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Tractor Boys' QPR Ticket Travesty on 20:47 - Aug 11 with 3944 viewsDubaiR

Comes with a 3 bed semi
Tractor Boys' QPR Ticket Travesty on 20:50 - Aug 11 with 3931 viewsstowmarketrange

Maybe a big consideration is that our away game is on Boxing Day?With no trains on the day I guess Our away support would be around 1k-1.5k.For a sunny Saturday game in September they'd be likely to bring 2-2.5k or maybe 3000 for the reduced prices.
That's hardly a fair comparison for both clubs.And only 12 clubs are charging the £25 but it's only us that seem to be getting the abuse.
As I'll be in Australia for the Ashes over Christmas anyway it won't affect me this year but they've charged us top dollar for as long as I can remember.
Tractor Boys' QPR Ticket Travesty on 20:51 - Aug 11 with 3928 viewsNorthernr

Predicted this a few weeks back. 1,800 Ipswich fans at 25 notes is £19,800 less than 1,800 Ipswich fans at £36 - Hoos is never going to go for that.
Tractor Boys' QPR Ticket Travesty on 21:03 - Aug 11 with 3893 viewsHadders

I'm all for affordable tickets and my club not seeming like greedy nobs, but Lee Hoos is the Messiah.
Login to get fewer ads

Tractor Boys' QPR Ticket Travesty on 21:04 - Aug 11 with 3882 viewsNorthLondonR

Tractor Boys' QPR Ticket Travesty on 21:03 - Aug 11 by Hadders

I'm all for affordable tickets and my club not seeming like greedy nobs, but Lee Hoos is the Messiah.

Is it worth reminding them that they charged us that last year at their place?
Tractor Boys' QPR Ticket Travesty on 21:50 - Aug 11 with 3761 viewsNorthernr

Tractor Boys' QPR Ticket Travesty on 21:04 - Aug 11 by NorthLondonR

Ipswich, Leeds and Sheff Wed been the dearest tickets in this league for years along with ourselves.
Tractor Boys' QPR Ticket Travesty on 22:00 - Aug 11 with 3722 viewstoboboly

This. The tw@ts charge £40 odd for years then complain cos they don't get a discount at ours? Cnts.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Tractor Boys' QPR Ticket Travesty on 22:26 - Aug 11 with 3644 viewsCiderwithRsie

Yes.
Tractor Boys' QPR Ticket Travesty on 22:43 - Aug 11 with 3603 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Tractor Boys' QPR Ticket Travesty on 22:26 - Aug 11 by CiderwithRsie

Yes.

And then beat us 3-0! One of my better away days last season to be fair.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2017 22:45]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Tractor Boys' QPR Ticket Travesty on 22:43 - Aug 11 with 3603 viewsHadders

Tractor Boys' QPR Ticket Travesty on 22:00 - Aug 11 by toboboly

This. The tw@ts charge £40 odd for years then complain cos they don't get a discount at ours? Cnts.

If the whole point is to reduce prices for ALL travelling fans, that seems a bit harsh. It seems well-intentioned, at least.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2017 22:43]
Tractor Boys' QPR Ticket Travesty on 22:50 - Aug 11 with 3562 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Tractor Boys' QPR Ticket Travesty on 20:51 - Aug 11 by Northernr

Predicted this a few weeks back. 1,800 Ipswich fans at 25 notes is £19,800 less than 1,800 Ipswich fans at £36 - Hoos is never going to go for that.

How much extra would it be on home fans ticket prices to compensate?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Tractor Boys' QPR Ticket Travesty on 22:50 - Aug 11 with 3562 viewsstowmarketrange

Tractor Boys' QPR Ticket Travesty on 22:43 - Aug 11 by Hadders

If the whole point is to reduce prices for ALL travelling fans, that seems a bit harsh. It seems well-intentioned, at least.

According to 1 poster on their site,they wouldn't dream of doing this if they could fill their own ground,or were challenging near the top of the table.
I admire the idea to reduce prices for all fans,but to portray us as the bad guys when there are 11 others who refuse to agree a price cap is just wrong.
Tractor Boys' QPR Ticket Travesty on 10:18 - Aug 12 with 3221 viewstoboboly

Tractor Boys' QPR Ticket Travesty on 22:43 - Aug 11 by Hadders

It isn't well intentioned though is it, if it was they would have done this ten years ago rather than fleecing everyone. Now that other teams have raised their prices to match they are whining that it is unfair. As others have mentioned we aren't even the dearest, moan about Leeds, Wednesday, Hull first.

Tractor Boys' QPR Ticket Travesty on 10:25 - Aug 12 with 3197 viewsfrancisbowles

This also from the club (Ipswich) that increased the discount for seniors age from 60 to 65 and increased season ticket prices last season.
Tractor Boys' QPR Ticket Travesty on 11:01 - Aug 12 with 3131 viewsstevec

Tractor Boys' QPR Ticket Travesty on 20:51 - Aug 11 by Northernr

Reckon over the season we get about 1000 away fans per game on average.

Deficit on prices you quote amounts to roughly £250,000 over the season.

So how could the club claw that money back?

Well if a squad of say 20 each agreed to reduce their wage by £250 a week, job done.

Whether footballers on around £10,000 a week (and some) were willing to do that, you'd have to ask them.
Tractor Boys' QPR Ticket Travesty on 11:44 - Aug 12 with 3053 viewsterryb

The price we have had to pay to watch Rangers at Ipswich has been excessive for as long as I remember.

However, we will have no grounds for moaning when we are charged £36 or more on Boxing Day. £25 would have been far more acceptable.

I disagree wth Nothern's arithmetic on our home game as Ipswich would have brought a minimum of an extra 500 with a price of £25. They may even have come close to selling all of the School End at that price.
Tractor Boys' QPR Ticket Travesty on 21:10 - Aug 12 with 2830 viewstoboboly

Tractor Boys' QPR Ticket Travesty on 11:44 - Aug 12 by terryb

The price we have had to pay to watch Rangers at Ipswich has been excessive for as long as I remember.

However, we will have no grounds for moaning when we are charged £36 or more on Boxing Day. £25 would have been far more acceptable.

I disagree wth Nothern's arithmetic on our home game as Ipswich would have brought a minimum of an extra 500 with a price of £25. They may even have come close to selling all of the School End at that price.

They haven't sold out at ours for donkeys and certainly wouldn't this season.

Tractor Boys' QPR Ticket Travesty on 21:52 - Aug 12 with 2776 viewsNorthernr

Tractor Boys' QPR Ticket Travesty on 11:44 - Aug 12 by terryb

Look at Ipswich's attendance at ours over the last 10 years on a variety of dates, times and circumstances and get back to me.
Tractor Boys' QPR Ticket Travesty on 22:23 - Aug 12 with 2708 viewsqprxtc

As a carrot for them to pay we should give them a 24 carat carrot.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2017 22:30]
Tractor Boys' QPR Ticket Travesty on 22:27 - Aug 12 with 2694 viewsSuffolkHoop

Tractor Boys' QPR Ticket Travesty on 21:52 - Aug 12 by Northernr

Look at Ipswich's attendance at ours over the last 10 years on a variety of dates, times and circumstances and get back to me.

Town always bring good numbers to Loftus Road, it's actually very easy by public transport from Ipswich to Shepherds Bush. Likewise QPR always travel well to Portman Road as well, we usually fill their away end for Saturday 3pm games.
Tractor Boys' QPR Ticket Travesty on 22:35 - Aug 12 with 2670 viewsqprxtc

There are more Ipswich fans in london that qpr fans in Ipswich.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024