Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back 18:22 - Aug 19 with 8022 viewsPinnerPaul

We deserved that.

Ollie only went long because Hull switched to a deep back five protected by a deep midfield.

To take off Campbell & bring on a defender so early in 2nd half was madness.

They were still playing for draw after we scored.

MOTM Perch

Booing at half time? REALLY?!

Hope people feel ashamed of moaning at LuaLua - felt it was ott at the time, now after hearing his father died yesterday, bet some feel bad.

Great character shown by team - still plenty of room for improvement, but 4 games 7pts, is 7pts more than some on here thought we would have!

Urrrrrrssss!
Just back on 18:35 - Aug 19 with 5148 viewssmegma

Irrespective of his father, I thought it wrong to boo him anyway. He started off really well then after about 25-30 minutes nothing he did or tried came off. Looking at BBC website stats at regular intervals during the game and we had 67% possession for literally the whole game. It took a while to break down a 9-0-1 formation in the second half but we thoroughly deserved that. Some of the football we played first half was a joy to watch. 3 home wins out of 3 and yet only 12,608 bothered ???
Just back on 18:37 - Aug 19 with 5110 viewsJigsore

i think Campbell was injured and Jabba the Slut (thank you) didn't fancy throwing on one of the kids

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Just back on 18:43 - Aug 19 with 5056 viewsjohncharles

Just back on 18:35 - Aug 19 by smegma

Irrespective of his father, I thought it wrong to boo him anyway. He started off really well then after about 25-30 minutes nothing he did or tried came off. Looking at BBC website stats at regular intervals during the game and we had 67% possession for literally the whole game. It took a while to break down a 9-0-1 formation in the second half but we thoroughly deserved that. Some of the football we played first half was a joy to watch. 3 home wins out of 3 and yet only 12,608 bothered ???

Slagging off our own players ? Why you don't you Fck off and support Hull.
You're probably from Brentford anyway.

Strong and stable my arse.

Just back on 18:47 - Aug 19 with 5021 viewsPunteR

Definitely deserved that,we was all over them.
I was looking forward to watching Scowen play today, first game of the season for me. He didnt disappoint. I think he makes a massive difference to this team. Hustled and bustled, good on the ball and passed the ball around intelligently. Probably my motm.
Love Freeman as well, lively player.
Lualua had a poor first half but improved 2nd half. Amazing he played at all and a massive credit to him that he did.
I think we're a decent side and a top half finish this season can be achieved.
Yes there's areas that need improvement but the players seem to be working hard for each other, theres a good attitude and its good to see that effort rewarded.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Just back on 18:50 - Aug 19 with 4978 viewsdanehoop

Just back on 18:43 - Aug 19 by johncharles

Slagging off our own players ? Why you don't you Fck off and support Hull.
You're probably from Brentford anyway.

JohnCharles, I assume you are either pissed or illiterate or simply didn't read Smega's post. He doesn't slag off or boo his own team. Quite the reverse.

For what it's worth he is also one of the most devoted fans I have ever met and is the one of the few people on here with any insight into the u23 squad.

FFS we won today - calm down!

Never knowingly understood

Just back on 18:54 - Aug 19 with 4921 viewsqueensparker

Just back myself and really enjoyed that, a proper game!

At one point it looked like it wasn't going to be our day, we had played some of the best passing football I've seen from a Rangers team for ages in the first half but just couldn't score. The midfield three of Luongo, Scowen and Freeman are really gelling and Luongo in particular was immense today, loads of tackles, really strong on the ball, and his passing is getting miles better.

You could see we were trying to play the ball on the ground - every free kick was short, we kept the ball at the back and recycled it, and looked for the space up front. Really hope we stick at it because we looked a decent team playing like that, Scowen has made a real difference.

Another tick for Ollie: the subs changed the game and both got a goal, Smith looks so much better as a sub. Once Sylla came on we were wide open really with three up front and the gamble paid off. Why Hull didn't attack us God only knows, very unimpressed with them. By the end we were playing three at the back including Perch who could barely walk, and when they finally bothered to stop diving and time-wasting and go forward after 90+ minutes they could have had two or three.

Smithies made his usual game-winning save at 1-1.

Our winner looked like a blatant foul by Washington shoving their defender into the net but who cares.

Despair of the moaning and grief LuaLua got. For f--ks sake he's clearly a decent player and not everything was coming off, but he saw loads of the ball, kept showing, and looked useful. Not his best day, granted, but give the guy a chance. We've got some real miserable c--ts in our crowd.

A fine day. I'm off to get (more) leathered.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2017 18:59]
Just back on 18:56 - Aug 19 with 4885 viewsSimonJames

Just back on 18:50 - Aug 19 by danehoop

JohnCharles, I assume you are either pissed or illiterate or simply didn't read Smega's post. He doesn't slag off or boo his own team. Quite the reverse.

For what it's worth he is also one of the most devoted fans I have ever met and is the one of the few people on here with any insight into the u23 squad.

Actually I interpreted his comment as being aimed at the supporters who were booing Lualua, not smegma.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Just back on 18:59 - Aug 19 with 4856 viewsHantsR

Just back as well.
Agreed the win was well deserved and I thoroughly enjoyed my day out again, lots of action and a great atmosphere, especially towards the latter stages. Some good possession and pretty buildups, especially in first half but can't remember many shots actually on target. Some neat passing triangles with Scowen, Lua Lua, Massimo Freeman and yes, Perch, who had an excellent game in my book!

The game had lots of good ingredients including us hitting the post via their goalie's head and a goalmouth scramble that I would have to see again to work out how Hull didn't get a second goal.

It was only good bringing on Smith if he could win headers and bring others into the game, well, he wasn't that bad and helped out in defence a lot near the end (that goalmouth scramble?). I felt the Hull defence was vulnerable and so it proved

Didn't hear booing and glad I didn't because it wasn't warranted in any way.
Lua lua? 6 - did several good things but was a bit frustrating when occasionally he did all his jiggly moves, slowed down play and gave away possession with some under hit passes.
Baptiste 6 - started a bit cautiously but came up with some powerful headers as the game wore on.
Smithies 7 (although possibly a 6 pending analysis of their goal).
Bidwell 6 unspectacular and out of position a few times but otherwise did a god job.
Ned 7 covered Baptiste well and despite a couple of nervous moments, had a good game. Pity his Viera-type foray came to nothing.
Perch 8 was hobbling around, barely able to walk at the end but had a very good game otherwise.
Freeman, Luongo, Scowen - all 7 played very well with only a few disappointing end products. They look good together.
Mackie 7 mainly for effort and good use of ball early in game. Wish he had that little bit more speed at times.
Conor - 7 played well, holding up, distributing and causing problems with his hard running - pity only a few shots.

Gotta go now - I'm sure others will see things differently and so might I when I watch the highlights later, but for now I'm a very happy man and going to watch the end of the Arsenal match.
Login to get fewer ads

Just back on 18:59 - Aug 19 with 4836 viewsTacticalR

I am not sure we did deserve that.

We didn't take our chances in the first half (and didn't have many chances to take).

Then Holloway took a gamble by removing one of the centre backs and throwing on attacking players. That approach only bore fruit when Sylla came on.

Hull matched us and could have scored on the break several times, and had one goalmouth scramble in our goal that seemed to go on for ages, although like us they were lacking in quality up front.

Air hostess clique

Just back on 19:00 - Aug 19 with 4824 viewsdanehoop

Just back on 18:56 - Aug 19 by SimonJames

Actually I interpreted his comment as being aimed at the supporters who were booing Lualua, not smegma.

No, read it again and clearly trying to take a totally unnecessary dig at Smegma.

Never knowingly understood

Just back on 19:02 - Aug 19 with 4794 viewsPunteR

Great that my lad get on the pitch before the game to hold the QPR flag as well . Brilliant day.

Just back on 19:04 - Aug 19 with 4752 viewsBrightonhoop

Just back on 18:35 - Aug 19 by smegma

Holidays. Same every August, ground doesn't fill till mid-Setember.

Fair play to LuaLua putting in a shift in the circumstances.
Just back on 19:10 - Aug 19 with 4686 viewstoboboly

Gotta say the Lua Lua love in is a bit of a mystery to me. If he has had a bereavement then that is horrible and I hope he can get over it but he was absolute dog toffee from the start today.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Just back on 19:14 - Aug 19 with 4621 viewsBrianMcCarthy

JohnCharles is one of my favourite posters on here and is a decent skin. If he says that he wasn't meaning to dig out the equally excellent Smegma then I believe him.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Just back on 19:16 - Aug 19 with 4598 views2Thomas2Bowles

Just back on 18:54 - Aug 19 by queensparker

Just back myself and really enjoyed that, a proper game!

At one point it looked like it wasn't going to be our day, we had played some of the best passing football I've seen from a Rangers team for ages in the first half but just couldn't score. The midfield three of Luongo, Scowen and Freeman are really gelling and Luongo in particular was immense today, loads of tackles, really strong on the ball, and his passing is getting miles better.

You could see we were trying to play the ball on the ground - every free kick was short, we kept the ball at the back and recycled it, and looked for the space up front. Really hope we stick at it because we looked a decent team playing like that, Scowen has made a real difference.

Another tick for Ollie: the subs changed the game and both got a goal, Smith looks so much better as a sub. Once Sylla came on we were wide open really with three up front and the gamble paid off. Why Hull didn't attack us God only knows, very unimpressed with them. By the end we were playing three at the back including Perch who could barely walk, and when they finally bothered to stop diving and time-wasting and go forward after 90+ minutes they could have had two or three.

Smithies made his usual game-winning save at 1-1.

Our winner looked like a blatant foul by Washington shoving their defender into the net but who cares.

Despair of the moaning and grief LuaLua got. For f--ks sake he's clearly a decent player and not everything was coming off, but he saw loads of the ball, kept showing, and looked useful. Not his best day, granted, but give the guy a chance. We've got some real miserable c--ts in our crowd.

A fine day. I'm off to get (more) leathered.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2017 18:59]

When you see it on the box, it was shoulder to shoulder

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Just back on 19:42 - Aug 19 with 4366 viewsWatford_Ranger

Just back on 19:16 - Aug 19 by 2Thomas2Bowles

When you see it on the box, it was shoulder to shoulder

Very weak from Hector (Chelsea loanee too).
Just back on 19:49 - Aug 19 with 4300 viewsessextaxiboy

Just back on 19:10 - Aug 19 by toboboly

Gotta say the Lua Lua love in is a bit of a mystery to me. If he has had a bereavement then that is horrible and I hope he can get over it but he was absolute dog toffee from the start today.

But the pressure.from the crowd got to.him and that led.to.more mistakes . How do.they think.it will make him play better . I heard cheering when he was subbed as well .Unbelievable what counts as being a "supporter" for.some .....
Just back on 19:54 - Aug 19 with 4255 viewsstevec

The introduction of Smith completely changed the game. Hull central defenders swept up everything previously.

Those at the ground didn't have the benefit of hindsight of Lua Lua personal loss, his performance judged by those at the match was understandable, he was very poor and at fault for their goal.

Don't think.i have ever seen a piece of paper being handed out between player after player trying to understand a substitution (Baptiste replaced by a forward) but, funny as it was, it certainly worked.

After so many barren years from midfield it's going to take some getting used to them dominating games. Oh for a Charlie Austin, at present it feels like we have a selection of 45 minute forwards, get that right and we have a team.
Just back on 19:58 - Aug 19 with 4217 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Don't think it's fair to slag off people annoyed at LuaLua. No one knew the context, and people, myself included, simply thought he was having a bad game. I didn't boo but I did think he was playing poorly. Now understood why. RIP to his father, and fair play to him for such a courageous thing to do after something like that.

Anyway, I didn't think we were that good in general but we got the win, Ollie tactically did fantastic, and Freeman, Luongo and Scowen once again look like a promotion winning midfield. Happy days

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Just back on 20:06 - Aug 19 with 4151 viewsPunteR

How did Freeman not hit the target though? Those sort of chances needs to be taken to be serious contenders in this league.. He played well though apart from that.

Just back on 20:09 - Aug 19 with 4118 viewsparker64

So much better compared to the dross served up last season. Played some nice stuff. Bit ragged in the second half but goal mouth action at both ends, Perch hobbling about - it was exciting. And you can't beat a last minute winner.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2017 20:10]
Just back on 20:12 - Aug 19 with 4086 viewsBoston

I presume Mr Charles is aware of who Smegs is and is just taking the piss.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Just back on 20:24 - Aug 19 with 3986 viewsjohncharles

I don't think you have understood what I said.
Whatever

Strong and stable my arse.

Just back on 20:33 - Aug 19 with 3929 viewsterryb

Two matches in a row I have thought that Perch was our best player! He seems to have taken his new responsibilities to heart. There was not a chance that he would let his injury stop him finishing the match.

In a similar vein, I was very critical of Bidwell last season, but he now appears to be a different player.
Just back on 20:35 - Aug 19 with 3895 viewsLongsufferingR

Just back on 20:33 - Aug 19 by terryb

Two matches in a row I have thought that Perch was our best player! He seems to have taken his new responsibilities to heart. There was not a chance that he would let his injury stop him finishing the match.

In a similar vein, I was very critical of Bidwell last season, but he now appears to be a different player.

Absolutely. Both have been vastly improved and I wonder how much of it is due to the slight changes in position.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024