Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Enjoyment 18:31 - Sep 9 with 3989 viewsGuppy22

Have to say it has been really nice to watch rangers this season, after the last 4 years of dross, it's lovely to see the team actually playing quality football and not hoofball.
Enjoyment on 18:34 - Sep 9 with 3965 viewssmegma

It's good that the doom and gloom merchants have disappeared.
Enjoyment on 18:44 - Sep 9 with 3895 viewsessextaxiboy

And the team spirit is obvious ...
Enjoyment on 18:47 - Sep 9 with 3862 viewsBlackCrowe

The first league match i've been to this season. Haven't enjoyed a game so much for ages - great attitude, football mostly on the deck and a midfield trio that looks to be as good as any in this division and possibly better. Entertained -thank you Rs.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Enjoyment on 19:13 - Sep 9 with 3736 viewsactonman

That's all we ask isn't it ? I know I had a bit of a hissy fit the other week after losing to Cardiff in the usual manner away from home but fcuk me, coming home after a rangers win at hq really sets my Saturday night mood.
Playing well, scoring and winning while showing a bit of bllox ... of course we have to throw in a bit of last few minute nerves to make it interesting but all in all a million miles from the utter utter sh!te we have endured from the past couple of years
Enjoyment on 19:40 - Sep 9 with 3584 viewsbosh67

Finally playing like a team and in the main playing nice football. Controlled the game today and completely dominated the game and midfield.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Enjoyment on 19:46 - Sep 9 with 3561 viewsDejR_vu

Great performance today. Fantastic watching 11 players all pulling in the same direction working their b0llocks off. Ball on the ground, creating chances, garden seems a lot rosier.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Enjoyment on 20:04 - Sep 9 with 3479 viewsRs_Holy

Enjoyment on 19:46 - Sep 9 by DejR_vu

Great performance today. Fantastic watching 11 players all pulling in the same direction working their b0llocks off. Ball on the ground, creating chances, garden seems a lot rosier.

Today's match was a proper game of football... nuff said!
Enjoyment on 20:29 - Sep 9 with 3368 viewslondonscottish

Can't remember sitting in LR feeling so relaxed on 60 mins since 2010.

What a great performance.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Login to get fewer ads

Enjoyment on 20:43 - Sep 9 with 3275 viewsHunterhoop

Enjoyment on 20:29 - Sep 9 by londonscottish

Can't remember sitting in LR feeling so relaxed on 60 mins since 2010.

What a great performance.

We're basically quite good for the level.

And our midfield trio are fantastic for this level.

Jan is 3 years from Les joining the club. Chickens slowly coming home to roost? It was always a long game.
Enjoyment on 20:51 - Sep 9 with 3239 viewsHadders

Agreed - the most watchable football for a long time, and effective, too. Lovely to see things coming right on the pitch as well as SO right off it. The 100 Years commemoration at half time was yet another imaginative idea, well-executed. Good to see goals being shared out. With our fab midfield, we are creating so many chances, if only we still had Austin, we'd we certs to go up!
[Post edited 9 Sep 2017 21:15]
Enjoyment on 21:07 - Sep 9 with 3148 viewsterryb

Enjoyment on 20:51 - Sep 9 by Hadders

Agreed - the most watchable football for a long time, and effective, too. Lovely to see things coming right on the pitch as well as SO right off it. The 100 Years commemoration at half time was yet another imaginative idea, well-executed. Good to see goals being shared out. With our fab midfield, we are creating so many chances, if only we still had Austin, we'd we certs to go up!
[Post edited 9 Sep 2017 21:15]

But would we be creating so many chances if an Austin type was playing?

A lot of our creativity comes from the work of Washington. His runs allow others to use the space that he has opened up.

If only he could finish a littler bit better!
Enjoyment on 22:02 - Sep 9 with 2986 viewsTacticalR

Yes, very enjoyable.

There was a period in the second half where Ipswich tried to play head tennis, but we seem to have got much better at handling that kind of team by bringing the ball down as soon as possible.

Air hostess clique

Enjoyment on 22:35 - Sep 9 with 2917 viewsizlingtonhoop

Enjoyment is the word.

At last.
Enjoyment on 08:52 - Sep 10 with 2557 viewspaulparker

Just back and what a difference that was from the Brentford game,
Luango and scowen ran the show , with luango just getting the nod for motm
If we had a decent striker we really could be contenders , if we had scored six it wouldn't of flattered us and in true Rangers fashion we nearly gifted them an equaliser at the end
Anyway most enjoyable and I loved mackie celebration of kissing the badge in front of us in xblock

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Enjoyment on 10:41 - Sep 10 with 2428 viewsBushRanger82

So far, so good. In the league, anyway.

September should see us garner a good number of valuable points, but we should all err on the side of caution.

We do still have Ian Holloway as manager, and as such, things could still take a sudden turn for the very worse.

The events of the second half of last season shouldn't be conveniently forgotten.
Enjoyment on 10:58 - Sep 10 with 2376 viewslondonscottish

Enjoyment on 22:02 - Sep 9 by TacticalR

Yes, very enjoyable.

There was a period in the second half where Ipswich tried to play head tennis, but we seem to have got much better at handling that kind of team by bringing the ball down as soon as possible.

Good point.

This Rangers squad seem to really want to play it on the ground as much as possible. And there was constant movement off the ball to make that possible. Played Ipswich off the park for long periods

It was night and day from some of the static displays of not so long ago. I guess it's a combination of younger legs, harder training and team ethos.

AND it continued after the international break this time.

I need a lie down.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Enjoyment on 11:03 - Sep 10 with 2361 viewsfrancisbowles

To early to judge it yet. On form Ipswich looked a top side the truth is they are far from that. Usually get a truer picture after ten games.

For me we have two psychological mountains to climb:
1. to win back to back home games.
2. to hold onto a lead away from home.

Ned's 5 top moments interview was slightly alarming when he talked about 'typical Rangers away form'. We must change this mind-set before we can really challenge in this league.
Enjoyment on 11:57 - Sep 10 with 2282 viewsrsonist

Enjoyment on 21:07 - Sep 9 by terryb

But would we be creating so many chances if an Austin type was playing?

A lot of our creativity comes from the work of Washington. His runs allow others to use the space that he has opened up.

If only he could finish a littler bit better!

Agree. Wash and Mackie might be our least technically proficient combination up top but their movement and industry is key to our improvement.

I'm very encouraged to see that even after the Hull game where Smith and Sylla saved the day Ollie reverted back to Plan A and was rewarded for that clarity of purpose. (Mind you, if we hadn't won everyone would go from tombola to calling him stubborn like JFH...)

I'm eager to see what Wheeler can do up front though - might just be that more balanced option, with the nose for goal that Wash still lacks, without sacrificing work-rate, and a little of Smith's aerial presence too by all accounts. There's more to him than Wszolek understudy.

Very early days in a very long season.
Enjoyment on 12:15 - Sep 10 with 2242 viewsterryb

Enjoyment on 11:03 - Sep 10 by francisbowles

To early to judge it yet. On form Ipswich looked a top side the truth is they are far from that. Usually get a truer picture after ten games.

For me we have two psychological mountains to climb:
1. to win back to back home games.
2. to hold onto a lead away from home.

Ned's 5 top moments interview was slightly alarming when he talked about 'typical Rangers away form'. We must change this mind-set before we can really challenge in this league.

We have done your number one.

That is three home games in a row that we have won.
Enjoyment on 13:28 - Sep 10 with 2144 viewsfrancisbowles

Enjoyment on 12:15 - Sep 10 by terryb

We have done your number one.

That is three home games in a row that we have won.

What I mean by back to back terryb is Saturday/Tuesday. So, Tuesday is test number one.
Enjoyment on 13:30 - Sep 10 with 2142 viewsterryb

Enjoyment on 13:28 - Sep 10 by francisbowles

What I mean by back to back terryb is Saturday/Tuesday. So, Tuesday is test number one.

That would be very nice!
Enjoyment on 15:06 - Sep 10 with 2015 viewsDorse

It's always more fun when QPR sneak under the radar. When the oppo think 'we can take this lot' and our quietly unheralded players show them that they're wrong - pure magic. Add in just the right amount of terrace / player savagery...? Muahahahaha!

Makes the beer taste better and the curry more spicy.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Enjoyment on 15:08 - Sep 10 with 2009 viewsPinnerPaul

At last we have the confidence and composure to keep the ball - that's the key for me.

Last season no one wanted the ball and just took the first opportunity to lump it forward.

Now the whole team look comfortable on the ball, we have a system we stick to.

As someone on offy video said, after a couple of seasons not really looking forward to coming to LR, its a pleasure to watch the Rs once more.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024