Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlie 18:42 - Oct 6 with 4238 viewsPinnerPaul

I know been mentioned once or twice before but not in this context or recently.

Everyone says Southampton's problem is lack of goals but Charlie hardly ever starts, He didn't under previous manager either.

Proven goal scorer in the PL in a poor team (us) but didn't seem anyone linked with him in the summer.

Wages, perceived injury problems? - What' stopping him playing and/or moving do we think?
Charlie on 21:15 - Oct 6 with 4129 viewsbrokenframe1982

Charlie on 01:50 - Oct 7 with 3978 viewsSharpy36

Josh Groban, i make you right.

Cheeky 1m bid in January, about time we had the last laugh.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Charlie on 02:41 - Oct 7 with 3951 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Charlie on 01:50 - Oct 7 by Sharpy36

Josh Groban, i make you right.

Cheeky 1m bid in January, about time we had the last laugh.

Oh that we had a million to offer, another million to cover his signing on fee and those of his agent and that’s before we come to his what, £50k per week salary?

That’s assuming he’d want to sign for a mid-table Championship outfit and we’d want to sign a bloke with injury issues.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Charlie on 02:57 - Oct 7 with 3941 viewsSharpy36

Or maybe you could try and look at life`s positives, instead of being a negative tw4t.

Just saying like.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Charlie on 08:32 - Oct 7 with 3798 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Normally I don't get involved in these signings threads. I'm confident the club are doing their best to bring in/nurture the highest quality of player they can.

However, this is different. It's pure romance between QPR and Charlie Austin. Complete irrationality IS permitted
[Post edited 7 Oct 2017 8:33]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Charlie on 08:52 - Oct 7 with 3760 viewsfrancisbowles

So £4 million doesn't look too bad after all.
Charlie on 08:58 - Oct 7 with 3740 viewsToast_R

I do wonder if he see's QPR in the same romantic way as us fans see him. I do tend to doubt that and reckon QPR was a stepping stone for him to greater things. We had our chance with Charlie, made it to the Premier League but once again bombed out spending loads of money on dross under the hapless management of a phoney tw@t. If anything, for career reasonsI bet he regrets leaving Burnley.
Charlie on 09:03 - Oct 7 with 3742 viewsNortholt_Rs

Charlie on 08:52 - Oct 7 by francisbowles

So £4 million doesn't look too bad after all.

Not it’s a great bit of business by the club especially as it provided the £3m we paid for Washington.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Login to get fewer ads

Charlie on 09:21 - Oct 7 with 3697 viewsHantsR

I thought that CA was a great signing for Saints but his injuries seemed to have slowed him down even more. Saints fans I know aren't particularly impressed with him.
Charlie on 09:22 - Oct 7 with 3694 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Charlie on 08:58 - Oct 7 by Toast_R

I do wonder if he see's QPR in the same romantic way as us fans see him. I do tend to doubt that and reckon QPR was a stepping stone for him to greater things. We had our chance with Charlie, made it to the Premier League but once again bombed out spending loads of money on dross under the hapless management of a phoney tw@t. If anything, for career reasonsI bet he regrets leaving Burnley.

Well it's always different for players in this day and age. Very rare for them to remain at one club throughout their career. Unlike us poor souls, the fans, who are stuck with it for life.

I'd say Charlie enjoyed his time here - Played some of the best football of his career. Promotions. Relegations. Loads of goals. Us singing his name every week. Made a fck load of money to boot!

Whether he'd give it all up now to come back and slum it with us I doubt. If he does have to move on from Southampton. Burnley, as you say, would be a much more rational choice.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Charlie on 09:29 - Oct 7 with 3677 viewsfrancisbowles

Charlie on 09:22 - Oct 7 by CliveWilsonSaid

Well it's always different for players in this day and age. Very rare for them to remain at one club throughout their career. Unlike us poor souls, the fans, who are stuck with it for life.

I'd say Charlie enjoyed his time here - Played some of the best football of his career. Promotions. Relegations. Loads of goals. Us singing his name every week. Made a fck load of money to boot!

Whether he'd give it all up now to come back and slum it with us I doubt. If he does have to move on from Southampton. Burnley, as you say, would be a much more rational choice.

Not sure he would want to move up north.

Not sure Burnley would take a risk on a player with such a poor injury record.

More likely that someone like Palace would fit the bill although in their current predicament he may think that's a bad career move.
Charlie on 09:29 - Oct 7 with 3677 viewsEsox_Lucius

Charlie on 02:57 - Oct 7 by Sharpy36

Or maybe you could try and look at life`s positives, instead of being a negative tw4t.

Just saying like.

or maybe a pragmatic realistic view of things as they are? It is my understanding that CA was all in favour of the move to Soton as it meant he was closer to his training school/ academy and suited him. QPR were fairly powerless in preventing this move. As much as I loved Charlie on the pitch and wondered at his, much needed now, striking ability, I feel he epitomises the mercenaries we were attracting at the time despite his on field image. As it is only hearsay and rumour I have nothing to back my opinion but some may remember the stories regarding Charlie and his relationship with the Swindon fans and how that ended sourly.

The grass is always greener.

Charlie on 09:30 - Oct 7 with 3671 viewsPunteR

Come back to QPR..?... might as well get his trowel back out...

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Charlie on 10:00 - Oct 7 with 3617 viewsrsonist

Injuries there may be but he still does very well when given a proper chance there (think he was their top scorer last season in the end), it just doesn't happen very often now. And that's despite them not setting the team up to play to his strengths at all. Then they go and sign Gabbiadini for £15m, another natural finisher who doesn't bother with the rest, and do the same to him too... bizarre.
Charlie on 16:23 - Oct 7 with 3366 viewsPinnerPaul

Only 1 or 2 actually answered my question.

Wasn't meant to be a thread about the (non) possibility of re signing him!
Charlie on 17:00 - Oct 7 with 3319 viewsstuabd

I think he'll come good maybe on loan at Brighton.

I wonder if it's a confidence thing. For the last 4 clubs he's been at, he's been the main man. Undropable and probably the first name on the team sheet. Now he's playing with at a club have other options up front.

He didn't really rely on pace, so not sure that an injury would affect him in terms of lost speed.
Charlie on 17:01 - Oct 7 with 3315 viewsNorthernr

Injured for much of last year and the new manager plays one up front (and it's not him at the moment).
Charlie on 17:28 - Oct 7 with 3266 viewsjohncharles

Charlie on 08:32 - Oct 7 by CliveWilsonSaid

Normally I don't get involved in these signings threads. I'm confident the club are doing their best to bring in/nurture the highest quality of player they can.

However, this is different. It's pure romance between QPR and Charlie Austin. Complete irrationality IS permitted
[Post edited 7 Oct 2017 8:33]

It's the field of dreams.
If I wanted boring humourless discussions of a joyless future I'd have gone to the Conservative Party Conference.

Strong and stable my arse.

Charlie on 23:54 - Oct 7 with 3033 viewsCiderwithRsie

Charlie on 09:30 - Oct 7 by PunteR

Come back to QPR..?... might as well get his trowel back out...

Why? Have you heard anything about Old Oak Common? Great news!
Charlie on 00:26 - Oct 8 with 3002 viewsrobith

Charlie on 17:01 - Oct 7 by Northernr

Injured for much of last year and the new manager plays one up front (and it's not him at the moment).

And I think he's been injured for a chunk of this season too.

On the romantic side what makes people think Charlie would come back, playing level aside? He's always struck me as a heart on sleeve kind of guy and towards the end of his time here it felt like every day he was in some deep barney with a "fan" on Twitter taking plenty of pelters
Charlie on 07:56 - Oct 8 with 2864 viewstoboboly

Rather than a signing try and get him on loan to help him recover his fitness.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Charlie on 13:54 - Oct 8 with 2645 viewsShunter

On loan to get his career back on song,
we all know he scores goals and the chances we are creating recently would be perfect for Charlie.

Does not matter what division you are in, if your scoring goal on a regular basis you get noticed - if he does that I would still have him in our world cup squad for Russia.
Charlie on 11:52 - Oct 10 with 2230 viewssimmo

Injury prone, off-field issues and not suited to a lone striker system. Take your pick but it turns out selling him when we did, for the money we did, was justified.

He spent most of his career proving something and making steps up, now he's got nowhere to go he seems to have settled. Shame, but that's Saints problem now.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024