Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Attn Lloyd’s Bank users! 16:57 - Oct 12 with 5074 viewsRangersDave

Hi ladies and gents, just a ‘heads up’ in case you get this, but about 2 weeks ago in the ATM at Barclays Ashby De La Zouch, I withdrew £100 cash for myself.

A week later someone tried to spend £308.41 on goods in Chicago having stolen the magnetic strip details and PIN number by attaching a ‘skimmer’ to the front of the ATM, that I didn’t see.
Ok, no harm done as the card was cancelled and a new one issued.

Now today I get a phone call from ‘Lloyd’s fraud protection dept’ by “automated” voice saying that my account showed some suspicious activity.
The message was by a voicemail automated voice that sounded just like the Lloyd’s one except for a couple of areas that sounded like someone was trying to impersonate the voice with a badly dubbed bit added here and there to get me worried.

Phoned Lloyd’s on my mobile to avoid the possible telephone line scam, and was told there was no issues with my account at all.

So confirming it to be a scam. The number if it comes up on your phone is 0345 351 1685
It’s not Lloyd’s so can I suggest you block it on your phones for your own security and only use the number on the back of your debit card.

Just advice, but I hope it helps someone.
Cheers
Dave

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Attn Lloyd’s Bank users! on 18:55 - Oct 12 with 4923 viewsjohncharles

I've got a Loyds account and I recognise that number. They've tried it on me but I always ignore calls that look in least bit dodgy.
A word about Lloyds, they've always been on the ball. Any largish amount from somewhere I've never been to gets held until I reply to their text.

Strong and stable my arse.

Attn Lloyd’s Bank users! on 20:48 - Oct 12 with 4787 viewsBrightonhoop

Cheers Dave, for the heads up. Like JC I've always found Lloyds pretty on the ball, especially on business accounts.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024