Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Ken Dodd 10:58 - Mar 12 with 1084 viewsloftboy

First album I owned was Ken Dodd and the diddymen (I was about 4)

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

RIP Ken Dodd on 11:09 - Mar 12 with 1066 viewsTacticalR

'It’s often forgotten that, alongside his comedy, Dodd was a chart-topping singer: Tears was the third-biggest-selling single of the 1960s.'

Ken Dodd: farewell to the tattifilarious marathon man of comedy
https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2018/mar/12/ken-dodd-died-90-standup-comedy

Air hostess clique

RIP Ken Dodd on 11:12 - Mar 12 with 1058 viewsenfieldargh

Ken Dodd: 17 of his funniest one-liners
35 minutes ago
Share this with Facebook Share this with Twitter Share this with Messenger Share this with Email Share
Image copyrightITV/REX/SHUTTERSTOCK
Comedy legend Sir Ken Dodd, who has died at the age of 90, was the irrepressible master of quick-fire one liners that left audiences in stitches. Here are some of his best:

1. "My dad knew I was going to be a comedian. When I was a baby, he said, 'Is this a joke?'"

2. "I love my girlfriend, my girlfriend loves me. She loves my hair, she loves my eyes, she loves my teeth. She loves my teeth because I'm the only person that can peel an orange through a tennis racket."

3. "I haven't spoken to my mother-in-law for 18 months. I don't like to interrupt her."

4. "My act is very educational. I heard a man leaving the other night, saying: 'Well, that taught me a lesson.'"

5. "The man who invented cats' eyes got the idea when he saw the eyes of a cat in his headlights. If the cat had been going the other way, he would have invented the pencil sharpener."

6. On his famous tax fraud trial: "I told the Inland Revenue I didn't owe them a penny because I lived near the seaside."

7. On his marathon live shows: "You think you can get away, but you can't. I'll follow you home and I'll shout jokes through your letterbox."

Image copyrightPA
8. "Do I believe in safe sex? Of course I do. I have a handrail around the bed."

9. "I'm a sex symbol - I am a sex symbol for women who don't care."

10. "I do all the exercises every morning in front of the television - up, down, up, down, up, down. Then the other eyelid."

11. "I did 25 minutes running on the spot this morning - I had my braces caught in the banister."

12. At the Royal Variety Performance: "This audience tonight represents the creme de la creme. That's French for evaporated milk."

Image copyrightGETTY IMAGES
13. On approaching his 80th birthday: "Age doesn't matter, unless you are a cheese."

14. "Did any of us in our wildest dreams ever think we'd live long enough to see the end of the DFS sale?"

15. "I wanted to take the dog to obedience class but it wouldn't go."

16. "Did you hear about the shrimp that went to the prawn's cocktail party? He pulled a mussel."

17. "So it turns out that if you bang two halves of a horse together, it doesn't make the sound of a coconut."

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

RIP Ken Dodd on 11:22 - Mar 12 with 1036 viewsTacticalR

Air hostess clique

RIP Ken Dodd on 11:28 - Mar 12 with 1014 viewskensalriser

RIP Ken, gone to join his dad's dog.

Because as we all know, Ken Dodds' dad's dog's dead.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

RIP Ken Dodd on 11:56 - Mar 12 with 985 viewsHantsR

Ken Dodd died last night. Did he? No Doddy. Dey do do dat dough don't dey dough.

RIP Doddy, you made us laugh and laugh
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024