Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ollie's post match reaction 22:28 - Apr 14 with 3754 viewsbosh67

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/ollie-it-s-disappointing-but-let-s-get-on-w

He got it wrong. Not much else to disagree about really.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ollie's post match reaction on 22:57 - Apr 14 with 3680 viewscorse

Jebus. Reading that was like listening to a politics jibberish. He got it wrong as so many times before so why dont he put it up in couple of words like " I got it wrong and it went tits. Sorry. Wont do it again".
But he will and we get more jibberish. I hope he just shut the feck up and concentrate on his work.
Ollie's post match reaction on 23:10 - Apr 14 with 3658 viewsisawqpratwcity

Ollie's post match reaction on 22:57 - Apr 14 by corse

Jebus. Reading that was like listening to a politics jibberish. He got it wrong as so many times before so why dont he put it up in couple of words like " I got it wrong and it went tits. Sorry. Wont do it again".
But he will and we get more jibberish. I hope he just shut the feck up and concentrate on his work.

You are mad if you expect candid, honest self-appraisal from post-match comments.

Due to our position of safety, Holloway will be going nowhere this summer. So either he gets his act together and we strike some consistent, decent form, or else we'll be arguing the same stuff next October.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Ollie's post match reaction on 23:48 - Apr 14 with 3578 views2Thomas2Bowles

[Post edited 14 Apr 2018 23:49]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Ollie's post match reaction on 23:59 - Apr 14 with 3552 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Ollie's post match reaction on 22:57 - Apr 14 by corse

That was the honest unedited version.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Ollie's post match reaction on 00:32 - Apr 15 with 3514 viewsdigswellhoop

see you in october
Ollie's post match reaction on 11:13 - Apr 15 with 3291 viewssmegma

Ollie's post match reaction on 00:32 - Apr 15 by digswellhoop

see you in october

It won't be that long before he confesses to making a mistake in team selection.
Ollie's post match reaction on 11:46 - Apr 15 with 3235 viewsdanehoop

Ollie's post match reaction on 11:13 - Apr 15 by smegma

It won't be that long before he confesses to making a mistake in team selection.

Don't feed the Troll.

Never knowingly understood

Ollie's post match reaction on 11:50 - Apr 15 with 3229 viewsNorthernr

STOP. MESSING. ABOUT. WITH. THE. FCKING. TEAM. SELECTION. YOU. FCKING. MENTALIST.
Login to get fewer ads

Ollie's post match reaction on 12:00 - Apr 15 with 3192 viewsisawqpratwcity

Ollie's post match reaction on 11:50 - Apr 15 by Northernr

STOP. MESSING. ABOUT. WITH. THE. FCKING. TEAM. SELECTION. YOU. FCKING. MENTALIST.

What, not even giving Matt Ingram a run? The poor bastard hadn't played competitive football for over three months. I think he was included on the team sheet just to check for signs of life.

Ollie's post match reaction on 12:03 - Apr 15 with 3187 viewsNorthernr

Ollie's post match reaction on 12:00 - Apr 15 by isawqpratwcity

What, not even giving Matt Ingram a run? The poor bastard hadn't played competitive football for over three months. I think he was included on the team sheet just to check for signs of life.

Smyth and Sylla have played about a dozen games between them. They do not need resting. They were brilliant on Tuesday. Then they both get left out. Fcking nonsense.
Ollie's post match reaction on 12:13 - Apr 15 with 3160 viewsPunteR

You cant look at individual performances and judge them game by game you have to look at the team game by game. If the team gets a good result in one game try the same team in the next game, see what happens. Like others have said , he over complicates things.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ollie's post match reaction on 12:15 - Apr 15 with 3159 viewsBushRanger82

Holloway's starting to remind me of that Dick Emery character, the younger bovver boy, you know the one, well, those of us of a certain age will.

'Dad, I think I got it wrong again.'
[Post edited 15 Apr 2018 12:17]
Ollie's post match reaction on 12:15 - Apr 15 with 3156 viewsisawqpratwcity

Ollie's post match reaction on 12:03 - Apr 15 by Northernr

Smyth and Sylla have played about a dozen games between them. They do not need resting. They were brilliant on Tuesday. Then they both get left out. Fcking nonsense.

Fine, but specifically Ingram? His last competitive match was a L1 game on the 6th January. He needs an occasional turn-out just to keep his match reactions sharp, and it's also good to review what's in the cupboard. A fair chance that three goalkeepers will become two this summer.

Edit: It's alright, I just saw in your match report that we're agreeing on this.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2018 12:20]

Ollie's post match reaction on 12:57 - Apr 15 with 3080 viewsWestbourneR

Ollie just can not bear to let Sylla be a success

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Ollie's post match reaction on 13:16 - Apr 15 with 3055 viewsSimonJames

Ollie's post match reaction on 12:57 - Apr 15 by WestbourneR

I said last season that he seems to have a reluctance to make full use of Sylla and 16 months later I still get that impression. And yet Washington has had so much game time...

100% of people who drink water will die.

Ollie's post match reaction on 15:02 - Apr 15 with 2965 viewsPunteR

Ollie's post match reaction on 12:57 - Apr 15 by WestbourneR

Go to 1.30 min. "strange senario". I wonder what that means? Doesn't sound like he wants him to be unsuccessful though.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/ollie-what-a-bounce-back-that-was/

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ollie's post match reaction on 18:55 - Apr 15 with 2810 viewsHooped_Pullie

Having missed all the recent goalfests on account of work and other reasons, I turned up at HQ yesterday praying not to see an 'after the Lord Mayor's Show' type scenario play out. I should have known that was too much to hope for. God, that was rank.

Holloway's tinkering : yes, absolutely the wrong thing to do, but there's more going on here. Alex Neil - very unwisely discarded by Norwich - has got some very run-of-the-mill players bringing the club he manages to the brink of the playoffs. Looking at the disciplinary stats, you could say he's turned them into kickers, but in the second half yesterday they looked like fecking Barca at times, sweeping forward and looking dangerous at every attack. No benefactors, no big budget, no parachute money, no stars, yet they looked light years ahead of us. He didn't need years to 'rebuild' either, he just got on with it.

Our manager has fulfilled his brief - to fail successfully. By that I mean the priority was seemingly to stay up with out ever threatening the top six - we've recently had experience of what promotion means, and a bad enough job was done to turn off those in charge for the foreseeable. There is not one word coming out of the Club to suggest an attempt at anything better, no matter how keen they might be to flog season tickets for next term. Personally, I think it's a disastrous strategy, especially in a division in which ingenuity can easily supplant money when it comes to finding ways to win.

Whilst Ian is in charge - and he represents the sharp end of the overall Club thrust - we will aim to do as we have last season and this, hang around in the division's lower reaches and try to stay away from worse. It's a risky ask now, likely to be even more difficult come August. There are managers out there who could fail at it, thankfully Holloway has (so far) succeeded at it.

Those who have read my posts for some time now are probably fed up with me going on about the desirability of having a keen, shrewd and smart young manager who will see us as the springboard to a big managerial career. So I won't go on about that again : but I have started wondering if the powers that be would even welcome that, so toxic do they regard success. The Preston board must be absolutely delighted with Neil - he probably would never have been on our radar. Tells you all you need to know, really.
Ollie's post match reaction on 19:39 - Apr 15 with 2739 viewsdaveB

not really sure what the problem is with the changes.

Smith came in for Sylla and scored. Many on here were slating Holloway for not picking Manning so him coming in for Scowen made sense. Freeman not been at his best so Eze replaced him. I'd have liked to see Smyth start as he offers a better balance on the right but that wasn't why we lost the game
Ollie's post match reaction on 21:04 - Apr 15 with 2649 viewsNorthernr

Ollie's post match reaction on 19:39 - Apr 15 by daveB

not really sure what the problem is with the changes.

Smith came in for Sylla and scored. Many on here were slating Holloway for not picking Manning so him coming in for Scowen made sense. Freeman not been at his best so Eze replaced him. I'd have liked to see Smyth start as he offers a better balance on the right but that wasn't why we lost the game

Mate, second week in a row even Holloway doesn't agree with you, said in the press conference afterwards he made too many changes.

Nobody in their right mind comes out of that Sheff Wed game thinking 'I'll leave Sylla and Smyth out after that'. You can make a good case for Ingram, a reasonable one for Scowen and Freeman, we never know what's going on with Sylla but the Smyth thing is ridiculous. What incentive is that for him? Play brilliantly, batter a Championship full back, score a great goal, win the game - then get left out.

He just cannot leave well alone.
Ollie's post match reaction on 21:29 - Apr 15 with 2597 viewsNoDiddley

Ollie's post match reaction on 21:04 - Apr 15 by Northernr

Mate, second week in a row even Holloway doesn't agree with you, said in the press conference afterwards he made too many changes.

Nobody in their right mind comes out of that Sheff Wed game thinking 'I'll leave Sylla and Smyth out after that'. You can make a good case for Ingram, a reasonable one for Scowen and Freeman, we never know what's going on with Sylla but the Smyth thing is ridiculous. What incentive is that for him? Play brilliantly, batter a Championship full back, score a great goal, win the game - then get left out.

IH has stated publicly that Eze has got to learn to defend so our new starlet was so deep he made absolutely no impact on the game, got frustrated, got clattered
Ollie's post match reaction on 22:23 - Apr 15 with 2544 viewsdaveB

Ollie's post match reaction on 21:04 - Apr 15 by Northernr

agree on Smyth but had no issue with the other changes same as I had no problem with the 5/6 changes he made on Tuesday which worked

Blaming the team selection is an easy get out, far bigger problem was lack of protection for the full backs and the midfield 3 all playing poorly
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024