Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cole Kpekawa 08:58 - Aug 16 with 4057 viewsWestbourneR

I missed this but he's already been moved on by Barnsley for permanent move to League 2 Colchester. Barely played a game for Barnsley.

Got to say if they really did pay £450k for him, as reported at the time, then that's a big loss for club of Barnsley's finances and totally justifies Ranger's decision to cash in.

Another example of the club getting more savvy in the transfer market? We certainly seem to do better business theses days.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Cole Kpekawa on 09:15 - Aug 16 with 4000 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Yes, I did see this somewhere but it might have been another forum.
Generally Barnsley seem quite savvy so it did surprise me.
Cole Kpekawa on 09:19 - Aug 16 with 3975 viewsNorthernr

There was a thread when it happened over the summer. He played for Colchester v Villa on the TV the other night. Looked heavy.
Cole Kpekawa on 09:20 - Aug 16 with 3968 viewsdanehoop

Westbourne, there was a thread on this a week or two ago. Agree though that it looks like the club are getting better at making good decisions for the club. This lad looked potentially very good and I thought had done well on loan, but I recalll reading that the club felt he wasn't progressing as quickly as they had expected him to on his return, so when an offer came in from Barnsley they felt it was the best option for all parties?

Possibly again not progressed as Barnsley hoped either and lower league maybe best place for him at this point in his career. Hope he does kick on though as I thought he had quite a lot of potential about him when we first saw a bit of him.

Never knowingly understood

Cole Kpekawa on 09:27 - Aug 16 with 3946 viewsfrancisbowles

He looked comfortable with the ball for us but had a lot to learn defensively. It's not enough to have a bit of ability, you also need a desire and commitment to improve. Reports/leaks at the time suggested he didn't have enough of the latter.
Cole Kpekawa on 13:25 - Aug 16 with 3631 viewssmegma

He's a typical 'protege' who looks head and shoulders above other kids in his age group, under 15/16/17/18 etc..... but when he left the 'age group' teams and played reserve team football, initially he looked/did very well. Was called up into the England Under 20 set up as well. He then went out on loan and you lose track of him to a degree. He came back and appeared to have lost a yard in pace which isn't great for a defender. I think it was during the Groningen away game where he kept getting caught out with a simple ball down the right wing and was being turned inside out every time. (my memory is failing on the opponent but it was definitely preseason ). It was no surprise to me when the club agreed to let him go. A real shame.
Cole Kpekawa on 13:29 - Aug 16 with 3602 viewssimmo

Murmurings from QPR when he was sold about a poor attitude and evil Les was particularly evil when the news broke. As it happened he looks absolutely spot on with his decision to sell, for decent money too.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Cole Kpekawa on 13:43 - Aug 16 with 3560 viewsconnell10

Cole Kpekawa on 13:29 - Aug 16 by simmo

Murmurings from QPR when he was sold about a poor attitude and evil Les was particularly evil when the news broke. As it happened he looks absolutely spot on with his decision to sell, for decent money too.

Spot on mate!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Cole Kpekawa on 16:16 - Aug 16 with 3375 viewsLazyFan

Cole Kpekawa on 13:29 - Aug 16 by simmo

In Evil Les we trust

Now lets all dance around the may poll and burn the wika Terry sacrifice.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Login to get fewer ads

Cole Kpekawa on 13:27 - Apr 17 with 2696 viewsBakes

Poor old Cole, released by Colchester on 13th April.

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Cole Kpekawa on 13:49 - Apr 17 with 2601 viewsSimonJames

Cole Kpekawa on 13:27 - Apr 17 by Bakes

Poor old Cole, released by Colchester on 13th April.

Sad.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Cole Kpekawa on 14:28 - Apr 17 with 2476 viewsqprd

Cole Kpekawa on 13:49 - Apr 17 by SimonJames

Sad.

Good bit of business for QPR and Les.

I do feel bad for Cole. He had the right body frame to be a good centreback, but couldn't judge the flight of an aerial ball and was a bit overweight. Definitely lacked a bit of football intelligence, but most young centerbacks do.

Pretty steep drop from England U20 to released by a League 2 club 2.5 years later.

for what its worth, here's who else played on his last England U20 appearance back in Oct 2015:

England: R.Griffiths, A.Smith-Brown (C.Kpekawa), H.Toffolo, H.Reed (Harry Winks), O.Aina (M.Holgate), R.Kent (N.Oduwa), R.Burke, M.Grimes (B.Morris), S.Gallagher (T.Walker), R.Brown (A.Gilliead), B.Barker. unused: T.Smith
Cole Kpekawa on 17:59 - Apr 17 with 2299 viewsWeaverQPR

How's Peter Skapetis doing and Josh Laurent?

@WeavQPR

Cole Kpekawa on 18:16 - Apr 17 with 2264 viewsrsonist

There's always a lot of variables and contingencies and moving parts and sometimes just plain luck when it comes to youth development. One messiah might hop off the Irish ferry ready to take the league by storm, many others have talent that for whatever reason doesn't come to fruition until they're 24 after a spell playing regular lower level football. And whichever way it happens someone will be there to rewrite history to suit their own narrative.

Definitely agree that the club seems to be making smart judgements at the moment, but we should never forget the above because there's always that chance the cookie will crumble the other way and we'll look the mugs. That's just the way it goes sometimes. And besides, triumphalism when it's a young man's career not quite panning out leaves a bad taste IMO.
Cole Kpekawa on 18:33 - Apr 17 with 2216 viewsphilc

Cole Kpekawa on 14:28 - Apr 17 by qprd

Good bit of business for QPR and Les.

I do feel bad for Cole. He had the right body frame to be a good centreback, but couldn't judge the flight of an aerial ball and was a bit overweight. Definitely lacked a bit of football intelligence, but most young centerbacks do.

Pretty steep drop from England U20 to released by a League 2 club 2.5 years later.

for what its worth, here's who else played on his last England U20 appearance back in Oct 2015:

England: R.Griffiths, A.Smith-Brown (C.Kpekawa), H.Toffolo, H.Reed (Harry Winks), O.Aina (M.Holgate), R.Kent (N.Oduwa), R.Burke, M.Grimes (B.Morris), S.Gallagher (T.Walker), R.Brown (A.Gilliead), B.Barker. unused: T.Smith

To be fair, there's not many names I recognise on that list and with the exception of Winks, none I would say are close to making it yet.

Edit: Just googled some of the names and some have played in the premiership (Holgate for one), but Cole is far from alone in not reaching the expected standard.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2018 18:42]
Cole Kpekawa on 21:26 - Apr 17 with 2058 viewsWatford_Ranger

Cole Kpekawa on 17:59 - Apr 17 by WeaverQPR

How's Peter Skapetis doing and Josh Laurent?

Laurent on loan at Bury where I’m reliably informed he’s been “fking useless”.
Cole Kpekawa on 22:03 - Apr 17 with 1957 viewsBoston

Cole Kpekawa on 21:26 - Apr 17 by Watford_Ranger

Laurent on loan at Bury where I’m reliably informed he’s been “fking useless”.

Good fit for Bury then.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024