Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wembley 13:40 - Apr 26 with 7455 viewsted_hendrix

Looks like it's been sold to that bloke from Fulham

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Wembley on 13:43 - Apr 26 with 5412 viewsJigsore

the home of (american) football

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Wembley on 13:45 - Apr 26 with 5398 viewssmegma

One word.

WHY ????

He'll probably want to buy Buckingham Palace next.
Wembley on 13:51 - Apr 26 with 5356 viewsSnipper

So, it cost just short of £800m to rebuild, but they’re selling it for £600m.

WTF is going on?
Wembley on 13:55 - Apr 26 with 5333 viewsdaveB

new stadium for Fulham??
Wembley on 13:56 - Apr 26 with 5331 viewsaston_hoop

Does this mean the England team can go back to playing matches in different parts of the country now? because thats good at least.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Wembley on 13:59 - Apr 26 with 5324 viewsJuzzie

The FA are a bunch of cnts. It should stay within their ownership, not be sold off.

From Wiki; "It is one of the most expensive stadia ever built at a cost of £798 million".

So that's a £2m profit they'll make. Whoop-de-fkin-woo. Genius.
Wembley on 14:06 - Apr 26 with 5294 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Someone on the BBC pointed out most of it was taxpayers money not the FA's.

If they sell it where's my cut? Might be able to get a beer out of it.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Wembley on 14:09 - Apr 26 with 5286 viewsmakaveli1882

Wembley on 13:45 - Apr 26 by smegma

One word.

WHY ????

He'll probably want to buy Buckingham Palace next.

NFL mate
Login to get fewer ads

Wembley on 14:16 - Apr 26 with 5254 viewsrobith

Wembley on 13:59 - Apr 26 by Juzzie

The FA are a bunch of cnts. It should stay within their ownership, not be sold off.

From Wiki; "It is one of the most expensive stadia ever built at a cost of £798 million".

That's a pretty linear way of looking at it - once you account for interest the real cost was more like £110m, but they also make c.£2-£5m per event held at the stadium so if you took that as average on say 3 England games, 2 NFL games and 4 concerts per year they're more than in profit for the initial outlay

EDIT: actually not, I can't count
[Post edited 26 Apr 2018 14:42]
Wembley on 14:48 - Apr 26 with 5169 viewsMick_S

Wembley on 13:59 - Apr 26 by Juzzie

I know where the old one is buried if anyone wants to make a quick few bob.

No s hit - for those that don't know it's under these hillocks in nutty Northolt.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Wembley on 15:24 - Apr 26 with 5068 viewsTheChef

Wembley on 14:48 - Apr 26 by Mick_S

I know where the old one is buried if anyone wants to make a quick few bob.

No s hit - for those that don't know it's under these hillocks in nutty Northolt.

Northala Fields innit...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northala_Fields

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Wembley on 15:25 - Apr 26 with 5063 viewsHayesender

Cup semi finals back to neutral grounds, England games shared around the country, maybe even cup finals at the millennium stadium.

Sod it, what's not to like if this happens?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Wembley on 15:51 - Apr 26 with 4994 viewsEsox_Lucius

A new NFL franchise based in London?

The grass is always greener.

Wembley on 16:18 - Apr 26 with 4915 viewsWokingR

It would be nice to think that Fulhams owner would then tell Chelsea to stick any plans they had to use Wembley whilst their own sh*thole is being rebuilt right up their @rse.
Wembley on 17:02 - Apr 26 with 4838 viewsJuzzie

Wembley on 16:18 - Apr 26 by WokingR

It would be nice to think that Fulhams owner would then tell Chelsea to stick any plans they had to use Wembley whilst their own sh*thole is being rebuilt right up their @rse.

Noooooooooo, they'll then go to Twickenham rugby stadium and I'll have thousands of them fukkers in the area every couple of weeks for two bleedin' years not to mention the traffic chaos on the A316 especially for midweek games.

Unless the RFU also tell them to fk off, which would be good.

[Post edited 26 Apr 2018 17:41]
Wembley on 17:05 - Apr 26 with 4825 viewskensalriser

I'm thinking of brewing up a rant that would make a paulparker and Lblock double act look positively amateurish.

But just for now - fck the bunch of corrupt incompetents at the FA with the penises of a thousand elephants. Twice. And then cubed.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Wembley on 17:36 - Apr 26 with 4738 viewsJuzzie

Wembley on 14:06 - Apr 26 by Metallica_Hoop

Someone on the BBC pointed out most of it was taxpayers money not the FA's.

If they sell it where's my cut? Might be able to get a beer out of it.

From the Standard; "However, any further detailed talks about a sale would have to involve public sector bodies Sport England, Department of Culture Media and Sport and the GLA, which sunk a combined £161 million in the construction of the stadium. The Treasury would also have a say on any final terms."
Wembley on 18:01 - Apr 26 with 4671 viewsted_hendrix

FWIW I believe the FA wont finish paying for the stadium until 2023 or 2024 something like that anyway they still owe over £130 million on it or did a while ago

There were bitter disputes between the FA and the construction Company near the end resulting in LADS (Liquidated and Ascertained Damages) being levied against the contractor and of course counter claims against the FA.

Anyway whatever does anybody remember the smell of Dubbin? there was something about opening a tin of dubbin, smelling it and then putting it on your boots, kinda of made you think that you'd play better if you had dubbin on your boots which of course in my case had no affect at all on my playing ability.

Corporate boxes my arse.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Wembley on 18:52 - Apr 26 with 4571 viewsBoston

Wembley on 15:51 - Apr 26 by Esox_Lucius

A new NFL franchise based in London?

Not exactly new, but everyone over ‘ere thinks that the Jackonsonville Jaguars are moving over the pond.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Wembley on 20:01 - Apr 26 with 4493 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Expect a Chinese/Arab/Russian* bidder to make a plunge for it!

* delete as appropriate

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Wembley on 20:03 - Apr 26 with 4491 viewsloftboy

At the moment there’s a few NFL games played once a year and the place gets sold out, but would that be the case if it was every other week? Don’t like the sport so don’t know how much interest there would be, secondly anyone that goes to watch it are surely no better than MK Dons fans, imagine moving QPR 40 miles let alone 4000, day their diehard fans are gutted.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Wembley on 20:11 - Apr 26 with 4473 viewsQPR_John

Wembley on 20:03 - Apr 26 by loftboy

At the moment there’s a few NFL games played once a year and the place gets sold out, but would that be the case if it was every other week? Don’t like the sport so don’t know how much interest there would be, secondly anyone that goes to watch it are surely no better than MK Dons fans, imagine moving QPR 40 miles let alone 4000, day their diehard fans are gutted.

In the USA there is a culture of franchising sporting teams and moving them around the country. Doubt any fans will be unduly upset.
Wembley on 20:17 - Apr 26 with 4463 viewsdanehoop

is there such a thing as a die hard Jacksonville Jaguars fan?

Never knowingly understood

Wembley on 22:57 - Apr 26 with 4269 viewsLongsufferingR

Don't worry. The Sultan of Brunei will put a stop to it.
Wembley on 23:17 - Apr 26 with 4227 viewsstowmarketrange

It’s only sold out because the fans of every other nfl team buy tickets to see a game or two live.The home teams in the games seem to be at a disadvantage because there are less of their own fans at Wembley or Twickenham than there would be at their own stadiums.
How many fans could Jacksonville realistically pull in for every home game over here?The stadiums would be half empty every other week unless they gave loads of tickets away free or very cheaply.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024