Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Batting below our average 18:32 - May 15 with 4668 viewsTW_R

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/11373570/sky-sports-ultimate-league
Batting below our average on 01:59 - May 16 with 4412 viewsisawqpratwcity

It flatters us by only considering the last 50 years. That excises a fair history of 3rd Division shillyshallying. I may be being unfair to QPR teams of that previous era, but I think our club only woke up to it's potential 50 years ago.

URssss!
[Post edited 16 May 2018 2:51]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Batting below our average on 06:04 - May 16 with 4359 viewshoopdog

Batting below our average on 01:59 - May 16 by isawqpratwcity

It flatters us by only considering the last 50 years. That excises a fair history of 3rd Division shillyshallying. I may be being unfair to QPR teams of that previous era, but I think our club only woke up to it's potential 50 years ago.

URssss!

Think you've got a valid point there had we moved out of L R when Jim Gregory wanted to I think we would be in a very different position as regards to the size of the club
Batting below our average on 07:32 - May 16 with 4252 viewsisawqpratwcity

Batting below our average on 06:04 - May 16 by hoopdog

Think you've got a valid point there had we moved out of L R when Jim Gregory wanted to I think we would be in a very different position as regards to the size of the club

I don't remember anything about this, though chasing from the Wiki page on Gregory to a QPR Report thread has him wanting to help move the club back to White City (article dated 5/12/64). Is this what you are talking about?

Given the many hundreds of thousands the club spent on stands in the next decade (very big money then) due to HQ's limited volume, it would be interesting to speculate on that resource being available for player purchases.

Batting below our average on 08:47 - May 16 with 4118 viewsbosh67

We're minus 15
We're minus 15
Queens Park Rangers
We're minus 15

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Batting below our average on 08:54 - May 16 with 4102 viewssmegma

Batting below our average on 01:59 - May 16 by isawqpratwcity

URssss!

I'm surprised it goes back 50 years as we all know football began 26 years ago.

Btw the whole thing is a load of gash.
Batting below our average on 09:06 - May 16 with 4076 viewshoopdog

Batting below our average on 07:32 - May 16 by isawqpratwcity

I don't remember anything about this, though chasing from the Wiki page on Gregory to a QPR Report thread has him wanting to help move the club back to White City (article dated 5/12/64). Is this what you are talking about?

Given the many hundreds of thousands the club spent on stands in the next decade (very big money then) due to HQ's limited volume, it would be interesting to speculate on that resource being available for player purchases.

He did want to move to the site of the old Brentford market , as well as Griffin park plus other sites he looked at along the A40 oh and also park royal
Batting below our average on 10:51 - May 16 with 4005 viewsisawqpratwcity

Batting below our average on 09:06 - May 16 by hoopdog

He did want to move to the site of the old Brentford market , as well as Griffin park plus other sites he looked at along the A40 oh and also park royal

Ha, he wasn't fussy! I don't know about the other sites, but White City, while undeniably local, was a dog of a place to watch a game, especially with a small crowd. On the plus side, it would accommodate almost any size gate, Premier included.

It was a very happy time, that combination of Stock, Gregory and team, Marsh in particular. A double promotion and a Cup! We've never settled in the third tier since. If you take that time as a watershed, a paradigm shift for the club, then you could say we've underperformed this season.

Batting below our average on 12:05 - May 16 with 3949 viewshoopdog

Batting below our average on 10:51 - May 16 by isawqpratwcity

Ha, he wasn't fussy! I don't know about the other sites, but White City, while undeniably local, was a dog of a place to watch a game, especially with a small crowd. On the plus side, it would accommodate almost any size gate, Premier included.

It was a very happy time, that combination of Stock, Gregory and team, Marsh in particular. A double promotion and a Cup! We've never settled in the third tier since. If you take that time as a watershed, a paradigm shift for the club, then you could say we've underperformed this season.

Well if you read the article headed Ollie over on watrb
There's a convincing arguement that we actually over achieved this season
Login to get fewer ads

Batting below our average on 13:40 - May 16 with 3856 viewsisawqpratwcity

Batting below our average on 12:05 - May 16 by hoopdog

Well if you read the article headed Ollie over on watrb
There's a convincing arguement that we actually over achieved this season

Thanks, I had a look. He has a point about the limited budget, but that doesn't mean he outperformed. I get the impression anything above relegation would have satisfied him, and even failing that test might have brought the same comparison to Sunderland.

Sixteenth with six clubs below, desperate for League One action, is far from laudable.

Batting below our average on 19:10 - May 17 with 3687 viewsrunningman75

In the past we have had great teams and sold great players as a selling club. We have also had been clueless or disinterested owners since the days of Jim Gregory.
Batting below our average on 23:43 - May 17 with 3561 viewsisawqpratwcity

Batting below our average on 19:10 - May 17 by runningman75

In the past we have had great teams and sold great players as a selling club. We have also had been clueless or disinterested owners since the days of Jim Gregory.

True.

I just found it interesting that the op's reference calculated to roughly the same time that a fortuitous combination of circumstances kick-started a new era for us.

Batting below our average on 06:04 - May 18 with 3498 viewshoopdog

Batting below our average on 13:40 - May 16 by isawqpratwcity

Thanks, I had a look. He has a point about the limited budget, but that doesn't mean he outperformed. I get the impression anything above relegation would have satisfied him, and even failing that test might have brought the same comparison to Sunderland.

Sixteenth with six clubs below, desperate for League One action, is far from laudable.

Yes you're right but imo he when he saw the potential in the young players he started building for the future , I think could have had a good season this time
Batting below our average on 06:48 - May 18 with 3468 viewsisawqpratwcity

Batting below our average on 06:04 - May 18 by hoopdog

Yes you're right but imo he when he saw the potential in the young players he started building for the future , I think could have had a good season this time

A good run was always on the cards, along with the possibility of one or two bad months that position us near the drain, but most likely it would be a bunch of mixed results leaving us safe in the bottom half of the division, contemplating the following season as the first without a much-needed fat parachute cheque.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024