Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evening Standard article on McClaren 11:54 - May 22 with 3302 viewsflynnbo

Apologies if it was posted on the McClaren thread. Two things; firstly, I wonder who the players were and, secondly, I certainly don't agree with his assessment of Redknapp.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/new-qpr-manager-steve-mcclaren-reveals
Evening Standard article on McClaren on 11:59 - May 22 with 3260 views2Thomas2Bowles

"Credit to Harry in that season," McClaren added. "He got rid of them and very, fortunately, won in the play-off final and got them into the Premier League. He did a good job. The club has progressed I think every year since."

Feck me

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Evening Standard article on McClaren on 12:03 - May 22 with 3229 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Look when he joined, and see who left thereafter.

That said, I wonder if SWP is in there? And when it comes to treatment, Traore was never out of the bloody room. Was the Brazilian stopper still there then?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Evening Standard article on McClaren on 12:16 - May 22 with 3163 viewslondonscottish

Evening Standard article on McClaren on 12:03 - May 22 by PlanetHonneywood

Look when he joined, and see who left thereafter.

That said, I wonder if SWP is in there? And when it comes to treatment, Traore was never out of the bloody room. Was the Brazilian stopper still there then?

"Redknapp offloaded a host of senior players in summer 2013, including Djbril Cisse, Tal Ben Haim, Christopher Samba, Jamie Mackie, Rob Hulse, Anton Ferdinand and Javier Chevanton."

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Evening Standard article on McClaren on 12:41 - May 22 with 3064 viewsAntti_Heinola

Evening Standard article on McClaren on 11:59 - May 22 by 2Thomas2Bowles

"Credit to Harry in that season," McClaren added. "He got rid of them and very, fortunately, won in the play-off final and got them into the Premier League. He did a good job. The club has progressed I think every year since."

Feck me

yeah, what he should have said was 'Harry was an idiot, that was plain to me, and he was effing up the club royally, as he always does.'
What the fck do you expect mate?

Bare bones.

Evening Standard article on McClaren on 12:45 - May 22 with 3036 views2Thomas2Bowles

Evening Standard article on McClaren on 12:41 - May 22 by Antti_Heinola

yeah, what he should have said was 'Harry was an idiot, that was plain to me, and he was effing up the club royally, as he always does.'
What the fck do you expect mate?

The club has progressed I think every year since.

Now forgive me for thinking, we got relegated and been in the shite ever since.
[Post edited 22 May 2018 12:47]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Evening Standard article on McClaren on 12:48 - May 22 with 3009 viewsboysfromthebush

Evening Standard article on McClaren on 12:16 - May 22 by londonscottish

"Redknapp offloaded a host of senior players in summer 2013, including Djbril Cisse, Tal Ben Haim, Christopher Samba, Jamie Mackie, Rob Hulse, Anton Ferdinand and Javier Chevanton."

Chevanton and SWP played in the 13/14 season i'm sure?
Evening Standard article on McClaren on 13:00 - May 22 with 2945 viewsisawqpratwcity

Evening Standard article on McClaren on 12:16 - May 22 by londonscottish

All correct except Chevanton who went in December 2013 (still under Redknapp).
[Post edited 22 May 2018 13:10]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Evening Standard article on McClaren on 13:21 - May 22 with 2837 viewsW7Ranger

Transfer window closes August 1st??!!
Login to get fewer ads

Evening Standard article on McClaren on 13:35 - May 22 with 2766 viewsisawqpratwcity

Evening Standard article on McClaren on 13:21 - May 22 by W7Ranger

Ferdinand went after that date, released by mutual consent to Antalyaspor (Turkey) on 14th August and Chevanton went 24th December when his contract expired.
[Post edited 22 May 2018 13:47]

Evening Standard article on McClaren on 13:39 - May 22 with 2739 viewsMick_S

Evening Standard article on McClaren on 13:21 - May 22 by W7Ranger

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Evening Standard article on McClaren on 13:41 - May 22 with 2736 viewsNorthernr

The fact checking on Standard stories is absolutely appalling. How difficult is it to just go on Soccerbase and look at the dates players came and left? Takes five minutes.
Evening Standard article on McClaren on 14:49 - May 22 with 2591 viewsAntti_Heinola

Evening Standard article on McClaren on 12:45 - May 22 by 2Thomas2Bowles

The club has progressed I think every year since.

Now forgive me for thinking, we got relegated and been in the shite ever since.
[Post edited 22 May 2018 12:47]

In terms of behind the scenes, in terms of youth, in terms of scouting, in terms of financial restructuring, there's nothing wrong with that sentence. In terms of the first team, I'd argue our worset season ws back in the Prem. We've been bobbing along since, but do seem to be on an upward curve, while other clubs in similar positions (Blackburn, Sunderland, Wigan, Bolton et al) have gone down again.

Bare bones.

Evening Standard article on McClaren on 16:22 - May 22 with 2427 viewsisawqpratwcity

Evening Standard article on McClaren on 14:49 - May 22 by Antti_Heinola

In terms of behind the scenes, in terms of youth, in terms of scouting, in terms of financial restructuring, there's nothing wrong with that sentence. In terms of the first team, I'd argue our worset season ws back in the Prem. We've been bobbing along since, but do seem to be on an upward curve, while other clubs in similar positions (Blackburn, Sunderland, Wigan, Bolton et al) have gone down again.

"...but do seem to be on an upward curve, while other clubs in similar positions (Blackburn, Sunderland, Wigan, Bolton et al) have gone down again."
Since you mentioned Bolton and Blackburn, here's the list of Championship clubs similarly relegated from the Premier since then. There's eight clubs doing better than us and six worse, and the weighted average puts us in a very tight group near the bottom, since Wigan and Blackburn topped League One, while Newcastle and Burnley are in the top half of the Premier and another five comprise the top five in the Championship. Doesn't put us in such a good light, does it?

Bolton 21st Ch.
Blackburn Relegated 2017
Wolves 1st Ch.
Wigan Relegated 2017
Reading 20th Ch.
Norwich 14th Ch.
Fulham Play-off Final 3rd Ch.
Cardiff 2nd Ch.
Hull 18th Ch.
Burnley Promoted 2016
QPR 16th Ch.
Newcastle Promoted 2017
Villa Play-off Final 4th Ch.
Boro 5th Ch.
Sunderland 24th Ch.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024