Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
France v Australia 10:11 - Jun 16 with 6384 viewsGloryHunter

Luongo not starting. On the bench.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2018 10:14]
France v Australia on 10:41 - Jun 16 with 4404 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

‘(Insert Australian Manager) OUT!’
France v Australia on 10:49 - Jun 16 with 4374 viewsMedwayR

Jedinak up against Pogba, Kante & Tolisso could be embarressing. With their pace, power & movement I'd have thought Luongo's mobility and ball recovery would be more suited.

Poll: Who’s better?

France v Australia on 10:50 - Jun 16 with 4368 viewsToast_R

France v Australia on 11:02 - Jun 16 with 4337 viewsrunningman75

No £20 million bid coming in for Luongo after the tournament then.
France v Australia on 11:10 - Jun 16 with 4316 viewsstevec

France v Australia on 11:02 - Jun 16 by runningman75

No £20 million bid coming in for Luongo after the tournament then.

Yeah a bummer, was fully expecting him to clear Tony's FFP tax bill and leave enough over for a sneaky bid for Ronaldo in the next two weeks.
France v Australia on 11:52 - Jun 16 with 4235 viewskensalriser

Luongo's Good World Cup (TM) not off to an ideal start then.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

France v Australia on 12:15 - Jun 16 with 4188 viewsstevec

Stick VAR up your ar se
France v Australia on 12:15 - Jun 16 with 4186 viewsGloryHunter

VAR penalty. Looked more like a dive by Griezmann to me.
Login to get fewer ads

France v Australia on 12:16 - Jun 16 with 4184 viewsBucksRanger

VAR got that one wrong.
France v Australia on 12:16 - Jun 16 with 4184 viewshamptonhillhoop

France v Australia on 12:15 - Jun 16 by stevec

Stick VAR up your ar se

VAR allowing the ref to change an initially correct decision into a wrong one
[Post edited 16 Jun 2018 12:17]
France v Australia on 12:18 - Jun 16 with 4173 viewshamptonhillhoop

bit of justice there, but why did the ref need to check it after giving it?
France v Australia on 12:43 - Jun 16 with 4088 viewsMrSheen

Aussies completely out of gas now, they’re lucky the French are so scrappy. Mbappe is so one-footed, how is he worth all that money?
France v Australia on 12:44 - Jun 16 with 4083 viewsbrokenframe1982

All Aussie subs on. No Luongo. Hope France score a couple more.
France v Australia on 12:48 - Jun 16 with 4061 viewsQPR_John

France v Australia on 12:16 - Jun 16 by hamptonhillhoop

VAR allowing the ref to change an initially correct decision into a wrong one
[Post edited 16 Jun 2018 12:17]

Once again football cannot handle technology. The refereee did not give the penalty so as in cricket technology should only overturn the decision if shown it was clearly wrong. I don't think it was clear.
France v Australia on 13:17 - Jun 16 with 3975 viewsdaveB

The Aussie defender clearly takes out Griezmanns back leg after initially getting the ball. It was a penalty. VAR would have worked better if ref had given the penalty to start with and then checked it but ultimately he got it right.

Without VAR Phill neville and co would have spent post match saying the Aussies got away with one there.

I'm not a big fan of VAR but I it's worked pretty well in the games so far, the speed of the decisions have been a lot better than when they did it in the FA Cup.
France v Australia on 13:18 - Jun 16 with 3967 viewsDeepcutHoop

France v Australia on 13:17 - Jun 16 by daveB

The Aussie defender clearly takes out Griezmanns back leg after initially getting the ball. It was a penalty. VAR would have worked better if ref had given the penalty to start with and then checked it but ultimately he got it right.

Without VAR Phill neville and co would have spent post match saying the Aussies got away with one there.

I'm not a big fan of VAR but I it's worked pretty well in the games so far, the speed of the decisions have been a lot better than when they did it in the FA Cup.

Spot on Dave.
France v Australia on 13:26 - Jun 16 with 3931 viewsozranger

I agree as well. Initially I (we all) thought that as long as the defender got a touch, it should not be a penalty, but he only slightly deflected it back into the attacker's path who the defender then fouled. So, penalty. One does have to feel sorry for the Aussies as in previous WCs they may have won that game 1-0 as neither goal would have stood. Not only did the French have one goal created by VAR but a second by goal line technology. Was this the first goal awarded by goal-line technology in a WC?

Mind you, compared to the other referees, I thought this was the worst so far. He did not handle the theatrics of the French as have the previous refs.
France v Australia on 13:34 - Jun 16 with 3904 viewsozexile

Two lucky goals for the French, anyone who's backed them to win it.......cash out now.
France v Australia on 13:39 - Jun 16 with 3883 viewsdaveB

France v Australia on 13:26 - Jun 16 by ozranger

I agree as well. Initially I (we all) thought that as long as the defender got a touch, it should not be a penalty, but he only slightly deflected it back into the attacker's path who the defender then fouled. So, penalty. One does have to feel sorry for the Aussies as in previous WCs they may have won that game 1-0 as neither goal would have stood. Not only did the French have one goal created by VAR but a second by goal line technology. Was this the first goal awarded by goal-line technology in a WC?

Mind you, compared to the other referees, I thought this was the worst so far. He did not handle the theatrics of the French as have the previous refs.

I think they had goal line technology in 2014 as well, I remember Jonathan Pearce being very confused by it all just as he was yesterday when he called for VAR to look at a disallowed goal which was disallowed as it hadn't gone in and hit the side netting
France v Australia on 14:08 - Jun 16 with 3823 viewsDeepcutHoop

France v Australia on 13:39 - Jun 16 by daveB

I think they had goal line technology in 2014 as well, I remember Jonathan Pearce being very confused by it all just as he was yesterday when he called for VAR to look at a disallowed goal which was disallowed as it hadn't gone in and hit the side netting

Pearce was utterly confused by the passage of time in the France Honduras game

Pearce was convinced that as the ball wasn't considered over the line after it hit the post but was when it went back along the line.

Pearce was convinced this was them changing their mind.

Thought the penalty call today was probably fair. The faintest brush of the ball on the way to clattering the striker wasn't enough to call it a fair challenge IMO.

Mark Lawrenson and Phil Neville disagreed . Potentially their dislike of VAR coloured their call a little?

Commentators have been desperate for problems with the VAR. They'll be more of this 'controversy' to come over the next few weeks.
France v Australia on 14:51 - Jun 16 with 3772 viewsdolcelatte

France v Australia on 13:34 - Jun 16 by ozexile

Two lucky goals for the French, anyone who's backed them to win it.......cash out now.

Don't rule that out that quickly - they looked bad in the early games in 98..

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

France v Australia on 15:04 - Jun 16 with 3747 viewsdaveB

Clattenberg was good on ITV about VAR, explained it all pretty well. He's been one of the best pundits so far
France v Australia on 15:59 - Jun 16 with 3688 viewsQPR_John

France v Australia on 13:26 - Jun 16 by ozranger

When is a touch not a touch. If the touch was enough to deflect the ball then the ball was played end of story. If you make a tackle then you cannot help but touch the other player so unless dangerous which this clearly was not not a foul. If this was a penalty then any tackle is a foul
[Post edited 16 Jun 2018 16:03]
France v Australia on 15:59 - Jun 16 with 3689 viewsthame_hoops

Was never a penalty. Just because a player gets touched doesn’t mean he has to go down or that it’s a foul. Greaseman realises his touch was heavy and the ball is going to the GK so he flips up His leg and dives
[Post edited 16 Jun 2018 15:59]
France v Australia on 18:29 - Jun 16 with 3565 viewshamptonhillhoop

France v Australia on 15:59 - Jun 16 by thame_hoops

Was never a penalty. Just because a player gets touched doesn’t mean he has to go down or that it’s a foul. Greaseman realises his touch was heavy and the ball is going to the GK so he flips up His leg and dives
[Post edited 16 Jun 2018 15:59]

this is how I see it. every tackle involves contact. unless they've fundamentally changed the rules, surely if you tackle and touch the ball first it's not a foul. it bounced off griezman and he lost control of it. if he'd touched it first, definite penalty
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024