Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mcclaren interview with LFW? 21:08 - Jul 29 with 3630 viewsYorkRanger

Just wondered if Clive had approached the club on this front and whether an interview is on the radar. Lots of interesting ground could be covered...
Mcclaren interview with LFW? on 21:36 - Jul 29 with 3560 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

This reminds me of a question someone (man u fan funny enough) asked me last week.

Him "How's Schteve McLaren getting on?"
Me "We haven't even played a fcking game yet."

Leave the poor fcker alone
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 21:37]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Mcclaren interview with LFW? on 21:50 - Jul 29 with 3511 viewsYorkRanger

Mcclaren interview with LFW? on 21:36 - Jul 29 by CliveWilsonSaid

This reminds me of a question someone (man u fan funny enough) asked me last week.

On the contrary I think there is a lot to ask before we kick a ball when people's views start to be influenced by how the side is playing.
Mcclaren interview with LFW? on 21:58 - Jul 29 with 3483 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Mcclaren interview with LFW? on 21:50 - Jul 29 by YorkRanger

On the contrary I think there is a lot to ask before we kick a ball when people's views start to be influenced by how the side is playing.

I don't really know what you mean by that. You want him to publicly talk about tactics?

Mcclaren interview with LFW? on 22:07 - Jul 29 with 3453 viewssmegma

Mcclaren interview with LFW? on 21:36 - Jul 29 by CliveWilsonSaid

A work colleague asked me today ' so how are QPR doing in the league so far? '
Mcclaren interview with LFW? on 22:26 - Jul 29 with 3417 viewsYorkRanger

Mcclaren interview with LFW? on 21:58 - Jul 29 by CliveWilsonSaid

I don't really know what you mean by that. You want him to publicly talk about tactics?

No not that at all.

Why he came, what his expectations are, how he sees the team playing, what his aspirations are short and medium term, what he makes of the Championship amongst other things.

Happy to beg to differ if you hold a different view.
Mcclaren interview with LFW? on 22:39 - Jul 29 with 3380 viewsrsonist

Mcclaren interview with LFW? on 22:26 - Jul 29 by YorkRanger

No not that at all.

Why he came, what his expectations are, how he sees the team playing, what his aspirations are short and medium term, what he makes of the Championship amongst other things.

Have you not seen any of the official club content with him since he was hired? I'm pretty sure he's addressed most if not at all of those topics in as much depth (or lack thereof) as you'd realistically expect before a ball's been kicked.
Mcclaren interview with LFW? on 22:40 - Jul 29 with 3376 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Mcclaren interview with LFW? on 22:26 - Jul 29 by YorkRanger

No not that at all.

Yeah sorry not meaning to be argumentative. I'd rather we interviewed him in 8 months.

"So Schteve? How have you managed to turn this middling side into Championship leaders? 3 more wins and you're in the promised land. All worries about FFP fines gone. How did you do it Schteve?"
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 22:42]

Mcclaren interview with LFW? on 22:47 - Jul 29 with 3349 viewsSimonJames

Mcclaren interview with LFW? on 22:40 - Jul 29 by CliveWilsonSaid

Yeah sorry not meaning to be argumentative. I'd rather we interviewed him in 8 months.

"So Schteve? How have you managed to turn this middling side into Championship leaders? 3 more wins and you're in the promised land. All worries about FFP fines gone. How did you do it Schteve?"
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 22:42]

Your new leisurewear and bedroom:

100% of people who drink water will die.

Login to get fewer ads

Mcclaren interview with LFW? on 23:35 - Jul 29 with 3258 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Mcclaren interview with LFW? on 22:47 - Jul 29 by SimonJames

Your new leisurewear and bedroom:

"Three words. Conor Washington WOW!"

Mcclaren interview with LFW? on 00:19 - Jul 30 with 3186 viewsPunteR

Agree with York, Yeh be good if clive got an interview with McLaren not sure what the issue with that is.?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Mcclaren interview with LFW? on 02:31 - Jul 30 with 3121 viewstimcocking

I'm looking forward to it.
Mcclaren interview with LFW? on 06:39 - Jul 30 with 3036 viewsDejR_vu

Mcclaren interview with LFW? on 00:19 - Jul 30 by PunteR

Agree with York, Yeh be good if clive got an interview with McLaren not sure what the issue with that is.?

Ditto

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Mcclaren interview with LFW? on 06:55 - Jul 30 with 3015 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Bored of platitude and cliches to be honest. I can save everyone the time:

‘Squad up for it’

‘Good bunch of lads’

‘One or two signings’

‘Young squad’

Let’s be honest, unless he pulls up trees he’ll be gone soon anyway. I wouldn’t even bother painting his name on the car parking space.
Mcclaren interview with LFW? on 07:30 - Jul 30 with 2966 viewsHunterhoop

Mcclaren interview with LFW? on 06:55 - Jul 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

‘Squad up for it’

‘Good bunch of lads’

‘One or two signings’

‘Young squad’

Let’s be honest, unless he pulls up trees he’ll be gone soon anyway. I wouldn’t even bother painting his name on the car parking space.

Isn’t steady progress what they’re looking for? I don’t think he needs to pull up any trees to achieve that. Holloway left us where he found us position-wise (albeit with a reduced wage bill). The club clearly feel higher is achievable. Very difficult to be sure whether there is or isn’t. I lean towards there being so.

If that’s the case and we finish 12th, would that not be seen as a step forward? I might be wrong, but I just csn’t See that type of improvement being unacceptable to the board and getting McClaren the sack.

As a fan base, we need to give McClaren the slack we gave Holloway.
1) it’s fair
2) it helps a young side
3) it might have a positive impact

I know people can say ‘Holloway deserved some slack because of past achievenents’, but that attitude is one that focuses on “what do I get from QPR and it’s staff/players”, not “what can I give QPR in terms of my support”.

Just look at Union Berlin fans on that support front, in spite of their current boss have a disaster and the club going backwards! Ours is technically going forwards!
Mcclaren interview with LFW? on 08:50 - Jul 30 with 2837 viewsNorthernr

Met him last week for some off the record stuff, getting to know you etc which the club has kindly facilitated with all the new managers we've had recently. Interviews tend to follow a bit later on.

Sadly, because some wally decided to leak that FFP press release we may find our access restricted going forwards but I hope not.
Mcclaren interview with LFW? on 08:59 - Jul 30 with 2808 viewsEsox_Lucius

Ask about Alonso's position for next season and whether they are going to keep Stoffel Van Dorne?

The grass is always greener.

Mcclaren interview with LFW? on 09:10 - Jul 30 with 2787 viewskingsburyR

Mcclaren interview with LFW? on 22:07 - Jul 29 by smegma

A work colleague asked me today ' so how are QPR doing in the league so far? '

Tell them we 're not in the bottom three today so its all good!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Mcclaren interview with LFW? on 10:02 - Jul 30 with 2661 viewsDorse

Mcclaren interview with LFW? on 08:50 - Jul 30 by Northernr

Met him last week for some off the record stuff, getting to know you etc which the club has kindly facilitated with all the new managers we've had recently. Interviews tend to follow a bit later on.

Sadly, because some wally decided to leak that FFP press release we may find our access restricted going forwards but I hope not.

Has he nailed the accent yet? Or does he still sound a bit like Dick van Dyke?*

'Gaw bloimey, Meestah Whi'in'm. Oi'm wight pleeztah meetchah, stwaight up'.

* Real name Penis van Lesbian
[Post edited 30 Jul 2018 10:04]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Mcclaren interview with LFW? on 11:30 - Jul 30 with 2537 viewsrsonist

‘Squad up for it’

‘Good bunch of lads’

‘One or two signings’

‘Young squad’

"Let’s be honest, unless he pulls up trees he’ll be gone soon anyway. I wouldn’t even bother painting his name on the car parking space. "

Stop trolling is my advice.
Mcclaren interview with LFW? on 15:49 - Jul 30 with 2343 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Mcclaren interview with LFW? on 07:30 - Jul 30 by Hunterhoop

Isn’t steady progress what they’re looking for? I don’t think he needs to pull up any trees to achieve that. Holloway left us where he found us position-wise (albeit with a reduced wage bill). The club clearly feel higher is achievable. Very difficult to be sure whether there is or isn’t. I lean towards there being so.

If that’s the case and we finish 12th, would that not be seen as a step forward? I might be wrong, but I just csn’t See that type of improvement being unacceptable to the board and getting McClaren the sack.

As a fan base, we need to give McClaren the slack we gave Holloway.
1) it’s fair
2) it helps a young side
3) it might have a positive impact

I know people can say ‘Holloway deserved some slack because of past achievenents’, but that attitude is one that focuses on “what do I get from QPR and it’s staff/players”, not “what can I give QPR in terms of my support”.

Just look at Union Berlin fans on that support front, in spite of their current boss have a disaster and the club going backwards! Ours is technically going forwards!

Nothing personal to McClaren, he’s achieved some incredible stuff in his career and he’ll always have my support. Was more a comment on the manager go round in general to be honest. It was only 12 months ago we heard the same stuff for Holloway and 24 months since JFH.

Not critical just sceptical.
Mcclaren interview with LFW? on 15:52 - Jul 30 with 2331 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Mcclaren interview with LFW? on 11:30 - Jul 30 by rsonist

"Let’s be honest, unless he pulls up trees he’ll be gone soon anyway. I wouldn’t even bother painting his name on the car parking space. "

Stop trolling is my advice.

Ok mate, I’ll put it on my to do list. Thanks for your wisdom.
Mcclaren interview with LFW? on 18:37 - Jul 30 with 2211 viewsHunterhoop

Mcclaren interview with LFW? on 15:49 - Jul 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

Nothing personal to McClaren, he’s achieved some incredible stuff in his career and he’ll always have my support. Was more a comment on the manager go round in general to be honest. It was only 12 months ago we heard the same stuff for Holloway and 24 months since JFH.

Not critical just sceptical.

That’s fair enough. I think most (sane) fans want to see a stop to the manager go around. My broad position with all this is that the fans have a role to play to make this happen: less “little emperor” type behaviour and more actual “supporting”, especially vocally at games.

On the Holloway point, I do think he got a fair crack at the whip. 18 months and we ended up where we started with a worse win % (I think...) than his two predecessors. And he had 3 transfer windows and a full season in that time. Given all that, and the fact we now have all these young, apparently high potential kids who, due to financial constraints we’ll have to coach well to get the best out of, i don’t think Holloway’s sacking and McClaren’s hire was quite the “manager go round” you allude to; more a reasoned decision.

And if fans accept that, it’s more likely we’ll see more “supporting” at games. That’s why I think it’s important for those sane fans to back this move and back McClaren.
Mcclaren interview with LFW? on 20:58 - Jul 30 with 2055 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Mcclaren interview with LFW? on 18:37 - Jul 30 by Hunterhoop

That’s fair enough. I think most (sane) fans want to see a stop to the manager go around. My broad position with all this is that the fans have a role to play to make this happen: less “little emperor” type behaviour and more actual “supporting”, especially vocally at games.

On the Holloway point, I do think he got a fair crack at the whip. 18 months and we ended up where we started with a worse win % (I think...) than his two predecessors. And he had 3 transfer windows and a full season in that time. Given all that, and the fact we now have all these young, apparently high potential kids who, due to financial constraints we’ll have to coach well to get the best out of, i don’t think Holloway’s sacking and McClaren’s hire was quite the “manager go round” you allude to; more a reasoned decision.

And if fans accept that, it’s more likely we’ll see more “supporting” at games. That’s why I think it’s important for those sane fans to back this move and back McClaren.

I agree in the most part, but would you be honestly be that surprised to see McClaren go before 2019? For any reason?

I don’t trust the club not to pull the trigger too soon.
Mcclaren interview with LFW? on 21:13 - Jul 30 with 2020 viewsHunterhoop

Mcclaren interview with LFW? on 20:58 - Jul 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

I agree in the most part, but would you be honestly be that surprised to see McClaren go before 2019? For any reason?

I don’t trust the club not to pull the trigger too soon.

Well, depends on whether by “club” you mean Hoos and Ferdinand, or Fernandes.

Given Fernandes is no longer the chairman, majority stakeholder or CEO, i’m not sure he solely should be considered “the club”.

I’m pretty confident Hoos and Ferdinand for the whole season. But i’m also pretty confident we’ll have a better season than last too.

Maybe i’m just too optimistic. But the club is doing so much right in approach on and off the field, I think it deserves my optimism!
Mcclaren interview with LFW? on 21:20 - Jul 30 with 2001 viewsonlyrinmoray

‘Squad up for it’

‘Good bunch of lads’

‘One or two signings’

‘Young squad’

You looking forward to the new season then ? .. Bazz
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024