Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leading Player Makers 17:55 - Jul 30 with 2917 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Would like to see us up here one day. More important than finishing 7th to 21st every year for me.

Leading Player Makers on 18:04 - Jul 30 with 2894 viewsDavieQPR

Yes but was it actually playing for their own teams. .
Leading Player Makers on 18:18 - Jul 30 with 2863 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Leading Player Makers on 18:04 - Jul 30 by DavieQPR

Yes but was it actually playing for their own teams. .

Money if they leave, talent if they stay.
Leading Player Makers on 19:08 - Jul 30 with 2794 viewsWadR

Baby steps but I find it really heartening that you see half a dozen QPR youth products who are having reasonably successful careers in the football league ,which just wasn't the case 5/10 years ago.

Harriman, Doughty, Josh Parker, Ehmer. Grego-Cox is back in the FL with Crawley and Bruno Andrade got a move up to Lincoln after being the best player in the National League last year.
Leading Player Makers on 19:14 - Jul 30 with 2783 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Leading Player Makers on 19:08 - Jul 30 by WadR

Baby steps but I find it really heartening that you see half a dozen QPR youth products who are having reasonably successful careers in the football league ,which just wasn't the case 5/10 years ago.

Harriman, Doughty, Josh Parker, Ehmer. Grego-Cox is back in the FL with Crawley and Bruno Andrade got a move up to Lincoln after being the best player in the National League last year.

Yes it is!

And it’s not beyond insanity to imagine Eze, Lumley, or Furlong in the Premiership within that similer time frame either.

Would be better if they were still with us at the time though.
Leading Player Makers on 20:44 - Jul 30 with 2699 viewsrsonist

It's a big - probably the main - factor in why the club went for McClaren. A few on here seem to be under the impression that Ollie was sacrificed at the altar of a couple of league places by deluded greedy owners or whatever, but I'm fairly certain the club would be okay with the same position this season as long as the underlying development structure through to first team "philosophy" became (or showed convincing signs of becoming) robust and harmonious.

(Obviously improved play usually leads to improved placing - though not always, consistency is the Championship watchword - and then if you happen to find yourselves in striking distance of an enormous life-changing promotion jackpot it would be ludicrous not to go for it; but that's not The Main Objective as such this season.)
Leading Player Makers on 20:55 - Jul 30 with 2682 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Leading Player Makers on 20:44 - Jul 30 by rsonist

It's a big - probably the main - factor in why the club went for McClaren. A few on here seem to be under the impression that Ollie was sacrificed at the altar of a couple of league places by deluded greedy owners or whatever, but I'm fairly certain the club would be okay with the same position this season as long as the underlying development structure through to first team "philosophy" became (or showed convincing signs of becoming) robust and harmonious.

(Obviously improved play usually leads to improved placing - though not always, consistency is the Championship watchword - and then if you happen to find yourselves in striking distance of an enormous life-changing promotion jackpot it would be ludicrous not to go for it; but that's not The Main Objective as such this season.)

Wether it’s McClaren, Ollie, or Mary Poppins in charge I don’t think it is up to any of them how the kids develop. That is Ramsey’s job. The manager just writes their name on the team sheet.
Leading Player Makers on 22:29 - Jul 30 with 2607 viewsLazyFan

Leading Player Makers on 19:14 - Jul 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

Yes it is!

And it’s not beyond insanity to imagine Eze, Lumley, or Furlong in the Premiership within that similer time frame either.

Would be better if they were still with us at the time though.

Furs has already played in the Prem.
So, that is an easy one.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Leading Player Makers on 07:44 - Jul 31 with 2477 viewsswisscottage

And there was me thinking this was going to be a thread about Messi's and Ronaldo's Mums.
Login to get fewer ads

Leading Player Makers on 07:55 - Jul 31 with 2464 viewsrsonist

Leading Player Makers on 20:55 - Jul 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

Wether it’s McClaren, Ollie, or Mary Poppins in charge I don’t think it is up to any of them how the kids develop. That is Ramsey’s job. The manager just writes their name on the team sheet.

You can't seriously think this.
Leading Player Makers on 08:16 - Jul 31 with 2444 viewsrsonist

Really that infographic is an indicator of the failings of United's system and not its success. At doubtless vast expense they develop young players only up to a point, players who then need an additional extended education elsewhere - longer than that of their peers at other clubs - to become reliable professionals. (I don't know how you would go about charting the production of "late bloomers" but I'm certain United would lead the world in that by an order of magnitude).

In some respects that's a simple consequence of economies of scale - but it's one thing when you have the likes of Brown, O'Shea, Fletcher doing jobs to a tee winning things and another entirely with what they have currently with the cancerous Mourinho regime. So to say the manager has no bearing on youth development...
Leading Player Makers on 09:55 - Jul 31 with 2399 viewsPlanetHonneywood

No one has yet pointed out that Ajax is the tenth source of youth players getting game time in our Premiership!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Leading Player Makers on 01:32 - Aug 1 with 2282 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Leading Player Makers on 07:55 - Jul 31 by rsonist

You can't seriously think this.

Leading Player Makers on 02:23 - Aug 1 with 2274 viewstimcocking

"Ollie was sacrificed at the altar of a couple of league places by deluded greedy owners or whatever"

I think the reasons for getting rid of Ollie were extremely clear. He was constantly making his own position harder by his unproffesional interviews and the shocking team selections. I wouldn't have got rid of him personally, but it was very easy to see why it happened.
Leading Player Makers on 21:06 - Aug 1 with 2087 viewsTGRRRSSS

Leading Player Makers on 20:44 - Jul 30 by rsonist

The caveat here regarding McLaren is that he's liable to leave if a Prem job comes up if he startes well at QPR, might someone (if we do well) have a look in the lower reaches of Prem?

He will go I'd have little doubt.
Leading Player Makers on 09:38 - Aug 2 with 2042 viewsTonto

Leading Player Makers on 21:06 - Aug 1 by TGRRRSSS

The caveat here regarding McLaren is that he's liable to leave if a Prem job comes up if he startes well at QPR, might someone (if we do well) have a look in the lower reaches of Prem?

In the same way that our modus operandi for players is enhance their reputation and sell them on, is that that hard to have the same for managers... so i dont have an issue with this as long as we get compensation.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Leading Player Makers on 09:59 - Aug 2 with 2021 viewsrsonist

Leading Player Makers on 21:06 - Aug 1 by TGRRRSSS

No idea why people would think this. McClaren's reputation as a manager in this country is toast at this point. As a coach he is still held in some regard (enough to find himself helping out at Maccabi Tel Aviv last season...) but he still wouldn't have got the Derby and Newcastle gigs were it not for previous sentiment and the vagaries of Mike Ashley's penny pinching - it's not like the football world thinks he's just gone off the boil and are waiting to see him make a comeback before swooping in.

Even if he got us top of the table firing on all cylinders I still wouldn't see a club - especially a struggling Prem one desperate for immediate results with a whole world to choose from - thinking he's our man. They'd sooner buy every one of our players.
Leading Player Makers on 13:37 - Aug 2 with 1943 viewsTGRRRSSS

Good Point.

However football memories are quite short AND they often react to the moment, rather than look over a period of years around the place.
Leading Player Makers on 15:19 - Aug 2 with 1875 viewskensalriser

McClaren's spent a grand total of six playing months in the PL in the last ten years.

It would have to be one hell of a start with QPR to tempt any current PL club to take him on.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024