Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's on the tip of my tongue... 12:10 - Sep 13 with 1621 viewsMick_S

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-45505522

I'm sure there is a song that goes with this...

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

It's on the tip of my tongue... on 13:30 - Sep 13 with 1532 viewssmegma

Did the restaurant have to pick up their UB40 ????

What song ??
It's on the tip of my tongue... on 16:09 - Sep 13 with 1443 viewstimcocking

That'll be a scam as well i should think.

Speaking as somebody who had food outlets, sad to say you regularly have professional scam artists trying to extort a little something by claiming they found something or other in the food, which is usually/probably just bullshit. We experienced it many times. Pikeys often do it and pressure/threaten you to give them free food for example. Hard to definitively disprove and you don't want the trouble. Or a disgruntled employee/former employee trying to stitch them up and neither any fault of the restaurant.

Or they might be filthy and it's legitimate. But that's less likely if it's a large scale restaurant chain. They normally try to get their food safety stuff together more nowadays out there. They'd likely employ a western food safety expert for firms of that magnitude.

Probably somebody very successfully trying it on. Anything for a headline, journos aren't likely to care or be able to validate whether it's made up or not.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2018 16:17]
It's on the tip of my tongue... on 20:29 - Sep 13 with 1312 viewsDaBurgh

[Post edited 13 Sep 2018 20:30]
It's on the tip of my tongue... on 23:36 - Sep 13 with 1220 viewsCiderwithRsie

It's on the tip of my tongue... on 16:09 - Sep 13 by timcocking

That'll be a scam as well i should think.

Speaking as somebody who had food outlets, sad to say you regularly have professional scam artists trying to extort a little something by claiming they found something or other in the food, which is usually/probably just bullshit. We experienced it many times. Pikeys often do it and pressure/threaten you to give them free food for example. Hard to definitively disprove and you don't want the trouble. Or a disgruntled employee/former employee trying to stitch them up and neither any fault of the restaurant.

Or they might be filthy and it's legitimate. But that's less likely if it's a large scale restaurant chain. They normally try to get their food safety stuff together more nowadays out there. They'd likely employ a western food safety expert for firms of that magnitude.

Probably somebody very successfully trying it on. Anything for a headline, journos aren't likely to care or be able to validate whether it's made up or not.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2018 16:17]

"Speaking as somebody who had food outlets, sad to say you regularly have professional scam artists trying to extort a little something by claiming they found something or other in the food, which is usually/probably just bullshit."

TBH if I found something in my food and the management said it was probably just bullshit I'd be saying "what do you mean, 'just'?"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024