Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. 10:22 - Sep 30 with 7172 viewsEsox_Lucius

Following on from other threads themed on musical purchases. I suppose it is only fair that I go first but in my defence, I STILL like John Wayne Is Big Leggy, it just has an infectious beat. :-)

The grass is always greener.

Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. on 10:42 - Sep 30 with 6191 viewsJohnMcCo

Oh yes, they were extraordinarily rubbish. I think my worst was also my first. Tonic for the troops by The Boomtown Rats. Geldof has such a clumsy way with words and a whole heap of bad musical ideas, although there are some ok moments.
Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. on 11:03 - Sep 30 with 6162 viewsEsox_Lucius

Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. on 10:42 - Sep 30 by JohnMcCo

Oh yes, they were extraordinarily rubbish. I think my worst was also my first. Tonic for the troops by The Boomtown Rats. Geldof has such a clumsy way with words and a whole heap of bad musical ideas, although there are some ok moments.

At least that has three decent tracks on it :-)

The grass is always greener.

Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. on 11:08 - Sep 30 with 6149 viewsColesIndyRs

The Fat Boys - Crushin'

I was a troubled youth.
Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. on 11:20 - Sep 30 with 6140 viewsloftboy

Right said Fred 🤭

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. on 11:24 - Sep 30 with 6130 viewsShotKneesHoop

Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. on 11:20 - Sep 30 by loftboy

Right said Fred 🤭

One of Bernard Cribbins best, I thought.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. on 12:51 - Sep 30 with 6049 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Complete and utter dross. Elevator dross. No excuses.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. on 13:05 - Sep 30 with 6034 viewsBluce_Ree

Not sure I've ever bought anything to be ashamed of but my worst album purchases were;

Load - Metallica
Boss Drum - Shamen
MMXII - Killing Joke
Bobby Digital - RZA

Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah. His crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. on 13:16 - Sep 30 with 6020 viewsdistortR

Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. on 13:05 - Sep 30 by Bluce_Ree

Not sure I've ever bought anything to be ashamed of but my worst album purchases were;

Load - Metallica
Boss Drum - Shamen
MMXII - Killing Joke
Bobby Digital - RZA

wow, MMXII?

Just goes to show, doesn't it, strong album imo and 'in cythera' one of my favourite kj tracks
Login to get fewer ads

Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. on 13:42 - Sep 30 with 5992 viewsBoston

Bought one of those 'Top of the Pops' compilation albums, well I thought I did, took a look at the pervy album covers and don't have any recollection of any of 'em. But anyway, a compilation album with a busty young lady on the cover.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. on 14:21 - Sep 30 with 5952 viewsPunteR

Prince. Batman. What could go wrong?

Tbf i was 14
[Post edited 30 Sep 2018 14:33]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. on 14:33 - Sep 30 with 5939 viewsTacticalR

Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. on 12:51 - Sep 30 by BrianMcCarthy

Complete and utter dross. Elevator dross. No excuses.

I must admit I like his cover of Soft Cell's 'Say Hello, Wave Goodbye'

Air hostess clique

Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. on 15:19 - Sep 30 with 5906 viewslondonscottish

Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. on 14:21 - Sep 30 by PunteR

Tbf i was 14

Oh fc8k I bought that too.

It was utterly shit.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. on 16:22 - Sep 30 with 5871 viewsBluce_Ree

Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. on 14:21 - Sep 30 by PunteR

Tbf i was 14

Partyman is a banger though.

Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah. His crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. on 17:15 - Sep 30 with 5814 viewsMonahoop

Fore by Huey Lewis and the News. I don't know why even to this day why I went and bought this album. I definitely wasn't thinking straight that was for sure. I knew I was going to hate it and sure, I hated it as soon as the first notes were emitted from the turntable. Complete and utter over produced, saccharine, 80's tripe and one of the many reasons why I detest nearly all 80's music. I think I played it just the once and that was enough. I gave it away to someone I knew who liked that kind of dribble.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. on 18:30 - Sep 30 with 5768 viewsHAYESBOY

Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. on 16:22 - Sep 30 by Bluce_Ree

Partyman is a banger though.

The Future is a good song.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. on 19:04 - Sep 30 with 5743 viewslarsricchi

When someone stole most of my CDs a few months later, I was able to find the silver lining: I no longer owned that Kris Kross album.
Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. on 15:30 - Oct 2 with 5533 viewsBluce_Ree

Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. on 13:16 - Sep 30 by distortR

wow, MMXII?

Just goes to show, doesn't it, strong album imo and 'in cythera' one of my favourite kj tracks

I did like In Cythera a lot but the album otherwise left me cold.

For me it's all about Geordie. When he's playing flat metal riffs he leaves me entirely cold and it can kill entire albums for me. When he's doing all his interesting stuff with mad chords and whatever, it's all good.

I didn't much like Absolute Dissent or Hosannas either.

Pylon was good though.

Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. on 15:33 - Oct 2 with 5530 viewsMick_S

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. on 15:54 - Oct 2 with 5509 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Wasn't that bad to be fair.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. on 16:05 - Oct 2 with 5496 viewsthompsonridd

BA Robertson - Initial Success......'Bang Bang'!!!!!!

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=imgres&cd=&cad=rja&uact
Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. on 16:17 - Oct 2 with 5480 viewsMytch_QPR

Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. on 15:33 - Oct 2 by Mick_S

If you still have that it's probably worth a fortune (no strings attached).

I went through a phase of buying albums by 'Heart' - for some strange reason I thought they were good (albeit for a limited period of time). It was a long time ago because they were on cassette. It was that awful soft rock era - terrible.

On the flip side, I bought 'Kilimanjaro' by The Teardrop Explodes when it first came out (also on cassette) - still an album I dip into all these years later (not on cassette).

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. on 16:19 - Oct 2 with 5475 viewsMick_S

Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. on 16:17 - Oct 2 by Mytch_QPR

If you still have that it's probably worth a fortune (no strings attached).

I went through a phase of buying albums by 'Heart' - for some strange reason I thought they were good (albeit for a limited period of time). It was a long time ago because they were on cassette. It was that awful soft rock era - terrible.

On the flip side, I bought 'Kilimanjaro' by The Teardrop Explodes when it first came out (also on cassette) - still an album I dip into all these years later (not on cassette).

Dutch auction mate - 5, 4, 3, - you get the rest.

I'll get my backpack.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. on 16:36 - Oct 2 with 5445 viewshopphoops

Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. on 17:15 - Sep 30 by Monahoop

Fore by Huey Lewis and the News. I don't know why even to this day why I went and bought this album. I definitely wasn't thinking straight that was for sure. I knew I was going to hate it and sure, I hated it as soon as the first notes were emitted from the turntable. Complete and utter over produced, saccharine, 80's tripe and one of the many reasons why I detest nearly all 80's music. I think I played it just the once and that was enough. I gave it away to someone I knew who liked that kind of dribble.

You had no excuse, the title made clear it was music for people who golf.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2018 16:38]

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. on 16:38 - Oct 2 with 5442 viewsDannyPaddox

Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. on 15:33 - Oct 2 by Mick_S

Ashamed!? This is class. I had a double A-Side picture sleeve 45 of both theme tunes reissued in the early 80s.

Joe 90. Looking strangely like Jake Bidwell receiving his full-back instructions from inside a giant Terry's Chocolate Orange. And what a tune!
Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. on 22:12 - Oct 2 with 5337 viewsqpr1976

Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. on 10:42 - Sep 30 by JohnMcCo

Quite liked it at the time. Rat Traps a cracker, She’s So Modern is good and I like Living oOn An Island....Definitely more of a singles band though.....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024