Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stabbing In Hayes 14:49 - Aug 16 with 12404 viewspaulparker

in broad daylight as well , Hayes was always a rough old place with a quite a few headcases but to stab a kid in the middle of the day is just madness

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3743306/Humble-polite-teenager-killed-ru

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Stabbing In Hayes on 15:08 - Aug 16 with 8983 viewsMick_S

I used to live around the corner - the area of the attack is by no means the nastiest part of Hayes.

I really do not like the photographs attached to that article - completely unnecessary.

Just horrible.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Stabbing In Hayes on 15:51 - Aug 16 with 8844 viewsHayesender

Hayes is an absolute shithole. It seems to have become a dumping ground for all the world's scummiest scum to add to the local scum.

I got slated on here a couple of years back for saying parts of Hayes are no go areas after dark. I stand by that.

No idea what's happened here, but what a waste of a young life

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Stabbing In Hayes on 16:13 - Aug 16 with 8766 viewswestberksr

Was there today visiting parents and solicitor, latter is 100 yds from where it happened. Gledwood taped off, apparently row started in house between 2 18 year olds, one went into street thinking he'd be safe outside and the other followed him out and stabbed him multiple times in front of people & then just walked off.

Wish my parents would pack up and leave but brother and his kids are there, so they won't move away from grankids.
Stabbing In Hayes on 16:20 - Aug 16 with 8744 viewsstowmarketrange

Stabbing In Hayes on 15:51 - Aug 16 by Hayesender

Hayes is an absolute shithole. It seems to have become a dumping ground for all the world's scummiest scum to add to the local scum.

I got slated on here a couple of years back for saying parts of Hayes are no go areas after dark. I stand by that.

No idea what's happened here, but what a waste of a young life

That's more than just 1 wasted life.His family and friends will also suffer,as will the killer and his family too.
What is wrong in the world today that an argument leads to someone's death?Another reason to be glad I'm not growing up in today's world.
RIP to the victim.
Stabbing In Hayes on 16:45 - Aug 16 with 8673 viewsHayesender

Life just seems to mean so little to today's youth. Christ, we ran over and killed a baby rabbit on the way home from Cardiff on Sunday and were gutted about it

Stabbing In Hayes on 16:49 - Aug 16 with 8660 viewsA40Bosh

Stabbing In Hayes on 16:45 - Aug 16 by Hayesender

Life just seems to mean so little to today's youth. Christ, we ran over and killed a baby rabbit on the way home from Cardiff on Sunday and were gutted about it

Come on fella at least put the word "some of " in front of "today's youth"

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Stabbing In Hayes on 16:52 - Aug 16 with 8643 viewsHayesender

Stabbing In Hayes on 16:49 - Aug 16 by A40Bosh

Come on fella at least put the word "some of " in front of "today's youth"

You're right, that does seem a bit of a generalisation.

I obviously don't mean all, just the hood rats

Stabbing In Hayes on 17:59 - Aug 16 with 8490 viewssimmo

There are stabbings throughout London, every day. Unless they are in your immediate area you only hear about the ones that are particularly horrific/lead to death or when they are teenagers.

It's savage but I wouldn't say Hayes is any worse than most other parts. There was a schoolboy stabbed round the corner from me not long ago, middle of the afternoon, and that was near Barnet!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Login to get fewer ads

Stabbing In Hayes on 20:48 - Aug 16 with 8188 viewsHAYESBOY

Used to live two streets away and parents still live there.

Mum and Dad too old to up sticks now. Wish I had the money to move them away from there.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Stabbing In Hayes on 21:24 - Aug 16 with 8116 viewswestberksr

Stabbing In Hayes on 20:48 - Aug 16 by HAYESBOY

Used to live two streets away and parents still live there.

Mum and Dad too old to up sticks now. Wish I had the money to move them away from there.

Ditto Mark, dad's 80 in a few months and going nowhere.
Stabbing In Hayes on 17:50 - Aug 17 with 7687 viewsHendonHoop

I remember a few years back when the Police would put those big yellow witness appeal boards in the streets. I suppose they stopped doing it as now there would be nothing but yellow boards stuck around every town and would scare the daylights out of all the good folk who would be afraid to leave their front doors and go out.
Stabbing In Hayes on 15:19 - Nov 7 with 6326 viewsNov77

happening on our doorstep now, willow vale is just at the back of the Queen Adelaide...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/localnews/2643743-london/0#pinnedpost_5be2f6a82d48630

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Stabbing In Hayes on 15:32 - Nov 7 with 6271 viewsJuzzie

Where I live seems ok, for now, but we’re just a couple of miles from Hounslow in one direction and Feltham in another. Both have vastly different backgrounds of people and both have dodgy areas and nice areas. IMO there’s very unsavoury people in this world whatever thier background.

With a four year old growing up and a 9 month old following it really does worry me what things will be like for them in ten years. If not any better, time to move out. However, i know there are bad places everywhere but I guess all you can do is your best to lessen the possibilities of anything happening.

Oh, and the government growing a fking backbone and not only passing laws that protect the innocent and punish the guilty (rather than the opposite) but making money available to do so rather than giving their grouse shooting chums more tax breaks.
Stabbing In Hayes on 15:38 - Nov 7 with 6237 viewscolinallcars

The homicide rate in the London area has doubled since the 60s, I'm surprised anyone is shocked anymore. It will carry on increasing. I'm sure some some wishy washy person will say “ what about the Kray twins .”
Stabbing In Hayes on 15:44 - Nov 7 with 6210 viewscolinallcars

Also......why do people always descibe them as kids and lads. The people who kill them are also kids and lads. They are still scum.
Stabbing In Hayes on 15:47 - Nov 7 with 6190 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Stabbing In Hayes on 15:38 - Nov 7 by colinallcars

The homicide rate in the London area has doubled since the 60s, I'm surprised anyone is shocked anymore. It will carry on increasing. I'm sure some some wishy washy person will say “ what about the Kray twins .”

If you murder someone in a suit then it's ok.
Stabbing In Hayes on 16:04 - Nov 7 with 6144 viewsBostonR

This is so reminiscent of what happened in many US cities and still does.

Since the late 90's we have allowed an under-class to grow and fester unchecked throughout the UK. Communities and individuals get left behind, which has been magnified in the last 10yrs and into that vacuum step the gangs, drug-dealers and petty criminals. Simple arguments often end in stabbings and shootings.

The Police ignore it, because they do not have the resources and in many cases they will not enter those areas. It is a powder-keg waiting to blow and given the size of some of these communities it will be hard to contain.

We are not far away from more privileged communities hiring in private security companies to guard and protect their streets.
Stabbing In Hayes on 21:21 - Nov 7 with 5834 viewsed_83

Stabbing In Hayes on 15:38 - Nov 7 by colinallcars

Here's a table of homicide rates in England & Wales from 1960 to 2012, based on ONS figures:

Couldn't find isolated numbers for London from the 1960s through to the present day, but the general trend is pretty clear: murder rates are much higher now than in the 60s, but that masks the fact they spiked in the early 2000s and have been falling steadily for much of the last 15 years.

This means that even with the recent increase in violence (missed off the above graph as it ends in 2012) the murder rate is roughly where it was 5 to 10 years ago, with London's much the same as many other parts of the country.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/london-murder-rate-new-york-compare-

https://news.sky.com/story/in-context-just-how-bad-is-londons-murder-rate-113155

Obviously there's still a huge issue with violence, but I think talking about it like some unprecedentedly huge problem, beyond our understanding or control, is unhelpful for lots of reasons.

I also think a large part of why it *feels* like violence is a bigger issue right now is because the press have developed a very clear narrative around it: each event fits their pre-existing theme, so they cover it in more detail, so we see more of events which might have passed us by in previous decades.

The media does a great job in places too, though. This is a really good look at the underlying issues, which importantly gives more than just a couple of scare quotes to the people directly involved:

https://i-d.vice.com/en_uk/article/kzjmbe/the-people-fighting-to-end-knife-crime
Stabbing In Hayes on 23:06 - Nov 7 with 5659 viewshighleverhoopL

Stabbing In Hayes on 16:04 - Nov 7 by BostonR

This is so reminiscent of what happened in many US cities and still does.

Since the late 90's we have allowed an under-class to grow and fester unchecked throughout the UK. Communities and individuals get left behind, which has been magnified in the last 10yrs and into that vacuum step the gangs, drug-dealers and petty criminals. Simple arguments often end in stabbings and shootings.

The Police ignore it, because they do not have the resources and in many cases they will not enter those areas. It is a powder-keg waiting to blow and given the size of some of these communities it will be hard to contain.

We are not far away from more privileged communities hiring in private security companies to guard and protect their streets.

Re private security guards we are there already. Many streets in Notting Hill, Kensington, Primrose Hill, Holland Pk etc have private security patrols organised by residents for example Elgin Crescent off Ladbroke Grove has one
Stabbing In Hayes on 23:08 - Nov 7 with 5656 viewsted_hendrix

I'm reading the news on the laptop tonight and discover that some stinking piece of shit broke into a 98 year old mans home in Enfield and beat the poor bastard nigh on to death, the poor old bloke is now barely alive on a life support machine, whoever done this fcked of with his personal belongings and his television.

What the hell kind of a bastard could actually physically beat a 98 year old man almost to death?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Stabbing In Hayes on 18:49 - Nov 8 with 5296 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

There are horrendous crimes committed in all societies, but statistically they occur more frequently in unequal ones.

Stabbing In Hayes on 18:59 - Nov 8 with 5281 viewscolinallcars

Stabbing In Hayes on 18:49 - Nov 8 by BazzaInTheLoft

There are horrendous crimes committed in all societies, but statistically they occur more frequently in unequal ones.

I Could go with this if poor people were killing rich people. What we have is young yobs killing their peers.

More research neded etc etc......
Stabbing In Hayes on 19:09 - Nov 8 with 5268 viewsJamesB1979

Stabbing In Hayes on 18:49 - Nov 8 by BazzaInTheLoft

Singapore. The very definition of an unequal society. Locals and expats picnic in the parks while the Indians and others non-locals picnic by main roads.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2018 19:18]
Stabbing In Hayes on 19:15 - Nov 8 with 5255 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Stabbing In Hayes on 18:59 - Nov 8 by colinallcars

I Could go with this if poor people were killing rich people. What we have is young yobs killing their peers.

More research neded etc etc......

Nothing to do with being rich or poor. It's the gap between the two and the effect this has on community, schooling, and social mobility etc.

This research was conducted over 25 years. Singapore the obvious exception that proves the rule but questions are often asked about how they collect their data.

https://www.equalitytrust.org.uk/violence
[Post edited 8 Nov 2018 19:22]
Stabbing In Hayes on 19:33 - Nov 8 with 5218 viewsLblock

So Capitalism is yet again the source of all evil????

Jesus Bazza, we've had our moments in the past and I really do make an effort not to respond to your continual Marxist mantra on everything from the weather to the skinny ripped jeans that are all the rage but come on........

Of course certain people will see what the rich gits have got and want it - some people call it aspiration. It's just lots don't want the perspiration to achieve these things and instead turn to crime and violence.
This current wave is far, far, far more complex in simple class divide.... it all leads back to a complete breakdown in society in certain areas of the "community"

I'll leave it there

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024