Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Building contacts 17:43 - May 20 with 1980 viewsGloryHunter

Does anyone on here do driveway paving, or can anyone recommend a good contractor? I'm trying to find someone who is willing to work with real stone, and everyone I've had round only wants to sell me concrete blocks. South London.
Building contacts on 18:17 - May 20 with 1918 views2Thomas2Bowles

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Building contacts on 19:28 - May 20 with 1849 viewsJuzzie

These people seem to do loads of driveways around my area (TW postcode). They must be good as they keep doing work. If they weren’t I’m sure the neighbourhood grapevine would have said so by now. Not sure if they cover south London but give them a try if you want.

http://www.alpinedriveways.co.uk/
Building contacts on 21:36 - May 20 with 1707 viewsLythamR

I misinterpreted the thread title. I was going to suggest the Freemasons and Linkedin !
Building contacts on 22:55 - May 20 with 1634 viewsLblock

Sorry but I read the title as Contracts.... my game!

Can’t really help with contacts in Sarf Londarn but the sector you’re searching in is notorious for Bengal lancers, cowboys and straight up crooks. I would suggest you walk your area and see who has had work done six months back and it’s still in situ and not swimming like a one armed fat man. If the job looks good to the eyes and standing up then knock on the door and ask for the contact.

Alternatively, have a look at The Paving Expert (dot co dot uk) run by McCormack who is proper proper old school. You’ll get fantastic tips, advice and a few contacts on there. ENSURE anyone who quotes you follows the right spec and methods on there as if they don’t then they’re having you over.
I had sandstone done in front and slate at back and his specifications on there are spot on plus tips for aftercare etc. If I recall bit of cost advice on there as well but unless updated be well gone now

Last resort I’d ask whoever is supplying the sandstone, slate, yorkstone (if you’re loaded) etc and get recommended installers but still check them out – companies house registered for three years, have a physical office and happy to list 3 or 4 local jobs would be my rule of thumb.

As for the company noted above they’re well known to the West of town.
No further comment to add.

How South is South for you?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Building contacts on 08:15 - May 21 with 1493 viewsGloryHunter

Thanks for all the tips. I've tried that Paving Expert site before - the advice is good, but he doesn't list contractors - and gets a bit shirty if you ask him!

I know we're in Wild West territory with this trade, and I haven't seen a single installation in my area that I would want to replicate. I have had three firms round and none of them has come back to me - almost certainly because they realise I know more about the job than they do!

Just thought I'd put it out there, in case any fellow Rs are in the trade. Job is in Catford.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024