Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BFG part 2 may be off 09:23 - Jul 25 with 15795 viewsmakaveli1882

QPR are looking to offload Toni Leistner before the start of the new season.

Thanks for the 80/1 at Reading

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-wls-leistner-leaving-qpr-250719

This post has been edited by an administrator
BFG part 2 may be off on 09:27 - Jul 25 with 5669 viewsNorthernr

Chopped it back so people have to click the link mate, not really fair on Dave Mc otherwise, he's trying to earn a living
BFG part 2 may be off on 09:30 - Jul 25 with 5644 viewsRblockPrior

For me he is out best defender at the club, yet another one of our first 11 from last year off.

I must admit I knew it was bad at QPR but not this bad to have to sell everyone who can be sold. Sad and worrying while also gutting for the season ahead, having to watch players of other clubs play for us along with players who the fans have no relationship with

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

BFG part 2 may be off on 09:30 - Jul 25 with 5643 viewsdistortR

it would seem like something has simmered over from the end of last season, a shame.

Re the two forwards, for me the club loses it's identity if we have too many loan players, esp as we'll hardly be in a position to buy them if they are a success. Long term strategy? Hmmmmmm.

Would love to have a conversation with penrice, to see if he has suggested forwards within our ££ that have been rejected out of hand.

Cameron? Our limited budget on Judge?

Not convinced at all, but then I'm often wrong
BFG part 2 may be off on 09:34 - Jul 25 with 5600 viewsDejR_vu

No real surprise. This is a proper fire sale, we're chucking as much overboard as we can.

If we have to sell I guess it makes sense to let those that the manager isn't going to play go.

So much for the consistency and continuity within the squad a DoF appointing managers to play a certain way brings

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

BFG part 2 may be off on 09:35 - Jul 25 with 5596 viewssprocket

It looks like a Boris Johnson type cull to me
BFG part 2 may be off on 09:38 - Jul 25 with 5567 viewsmakaveli1882

BFG part 2 may be off on 09:27 - Jul 25 by Northernr

Chopped it back so people have to click the link mate, not really fair on Dave Mc otherwise, he's trying to earn a living

Haha thanks mate
BFG part 2 may be off on 09:39 - Jul 25 with 5548 viewspaulparker

Is there any point in next season ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

BFG part 2 may be off on 09:40 - Jul 25 with 5550 viewsjohnhoop

So if this is true, and it’s beginning to look highly likely that it is, what does that leave us with at centre back? Grant Hall, who may break down at any minute, Barbet and Conor Masterson, who may have great potential but doesn’t seem to have played any first team football as yet.
Can you imagine that lot coming under the sort of aerial bombardment that Millwall and any number of other teams in the Championship are likely to subject us to at times this season?
Leistner is the one you can rely on to stand tall under such pressure and if we lose him I think we’re going to really regret it.
Login to get fewer ads

BFG part 2 may be off on 09:43 - Jul 25 with 5532 viewsloftus77

BFG part 2 may be off on 09:39 - Jul 25 by paulparker

Is there any point in next season ?

Yes. 52 hopefully....miraculously...somehow....
BFG part 2 may be off on 09:47 - Jul 25 with 5499 viewsmakaveli1882

The starting line up v Preston 04/18/2019

QPR
1Ingram
24Kakay
37Leistner
33Lynch
3Bidwell
21Luongo Substituted for Smyth at 66'minutes
11Scowen Booked at 73mins
20Osayi-Samuel Substituted for Manning at 45'minutes Booked at 66mins
7Freeman
10Eze
17Smith Substituted for Sylla at 77'minutes

If it doesn't work out I feel sorry for the next manager who has to deal the team that has been assembled this summer,
BFG part 2 may be off on 09:48 - Jul 25 with 5489 viewsAntti_Heinola

Surprised it's taken this long for the story to come out - he's a good player and we'll miss his steel badly.

Bare bones.

BFG part 2 may be off on 09:49 - Jul 25 with 5485 viewsrobith

BFG part 2 may be off on 09:54 - Jul 25 with 5429 viewsPhildo

expecting Hall to come through a full season then?
BFG part 2 may be off on 09:55 - Jul 25 with 5417 viewsPastCaringNW2

For me this is if true, harder to take than Freeman, Pav or (potentially) Luongo. I know everyone is for sale but this sounds like a tactical decision. He can't be on significant budget-busting money given that he was signed in the austerity era.

My recollection from last year is that game-after-game at home, with the team under sustained second half aerial bombardment, his positioning being so good that the ball seemed to be mangetised to his head. Must have been worth a number crucial points given the limits he placed on the amount of second ball opportunities in our box.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2019 6:17]
BFG part 2 may be off on 09:57 - Jul 25 with 5412 viewsBAWHoops

If we have a manager that wants to play football out from the back it doesn't make sense to have one of your highest earners not able to do that.

The mourning of players like Furlong, Leistner, Smith who are all off baffles me somewhat. We've been pretty shit for the last 3 years. Cleaning house really isn't that bad.

Cameron is coming in and can play there in the style Warburton wants.

I'm very much on board with what's gone on this summer, only thing that worries me is that our full backs have a combined age of over 70 and I think that will be the downfall of this side.

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

BFG part 2 may be off on 09:57 - Jul 25 with 5412 viewsed_83

Another one that feels pretty risky, even taking into account the constraints the club are working under.

Warbuton clearly wants our defenders playing out from the back, so Barbet, Hall and presumably Masterson are all going to be ahead of Leistner, but surely having someone who can muck in with the more agricultural stuff is invaluable too? What happens when we're confronted with a Millwall-style physical assault, or when Warbuton quits and we're told that what we actually need is to drop a load more cash on a good old-fashioned centre-half?

This reminds me a lot of the Matt Smith sale to be honest - understandable from one perspective, given that neither of them are going to be regular starters, and the pressures on us to sell whoever we can. But we're also creating more turnover from last year's squad, limiting our options for playing in / defending against a more direct style when needed, and doubling down on the bet that Warbuton's approach will pay off.

If we can somehow coach Ball and Oteh to do the back-to-basics stuff that Leistner and Smith would have done, for a fraction of their wages, then it all starts to makes sense. If not, then stuff could get very dicey very quickly. I guess that the club have little option but to take these sorts of risks, and we won't know if it's worked until the season starts, but it definitely all feels a bit precarious at the minute.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2019 9:58]
BFG part 2 may be off on 09:57 - Jul 25 with 5406 viewsBuckR

We really are going for Ipswich MkII arent we
BFG part 2 may be off on 10:00 - Jul 25 with 5384 viewsconnell10

I really like our BFG . This is as I feared turning into a fire sale , I've got a bad feeling about this.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

BFG part 2 may be off on 10:05 - Jul 25 with 5347 viewsHunterhoop

What I don’t get is this narrative that’s not a ball player. He was far more competent in possession than Lynch, and is a far far better defender than anything we’ve got.

Put it this way, we’ve sold Matt Smith, and if we sell Leistner we’ll have absolutely no one at the club able to deal with Matt Smith when we play relegation rivals, Millwall.

That seems unbelievable stupid.
BFG part 2 may be off on 10:11 - Jul 25 with 5310 viewsQPROslo

BFG part 2 may be off on 09:30 - Jul 25 by RblockPrior

For me he is out best defender at the club, yet another one of our first 11 from last year off.

I must admit I knew it was bad at QPR but not this bad to have to sell everyone who can be sold. Sad and worrying while also gutting for the season ahead, having to watch players of other clubs play for us along with players who the fans have no relationship with

We will be looking more like Queens Park StRangers than when Hughes bought in for our 2nd season in the PL..
BFG part 2 may be off on 10:12 - Jul 25 with 5301 viewsconnell10

BFG part 2 may be off on 10:05 - Jul 25 by Hunterhoop

What I don’t get is this narrative that’s not a ball player. He was far more competent in possession than Lynch, and is a far far better defender than anything we’ve got.

Put it this way, we’ve sold Matt Smith, and if we sell Leistner we’ll have absolutely no one at the club able to deal with Matt Smith when we play relegation rivals, Millwall.

That seems unbelievable stupid.

We have a great track record for doing unbelievablely stupid things mate!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

BFG part 2 may be off on 10:15 - Jul 25 with 5269 viewsHunterhoop

Oh FFS! That article makes it clear it’s not even financial; Warburton just ostracising him apparently. If so, that is madness. This “no Plan B” line that fans of his former clubs spoke about seems to be coming home to roost.

Who in their right mind ostracises the club captain and popular man in the dressing room?? Especially when you’ve already ostracised the longest serving player in Luongo. Especially after selling your best player. Especially after selling the first team who came up through the ranks. Leistner was the one single remaining bastion of leadership in the club, on and off the field.

Madness

If it’s financial, and necessary, then the club should say this. If Warburton is simply telling good first team players they’re not part of his plans, and making it public, he should be told to fcuk right off. Firstly, it’s a very questionable and short sighted decision. Secondly, it fundamentally worsens our bargaining position and the transfer fee we’re likely to obtain. It’s a stupid.

LF needs to step in here. This feels more like the Mark Hughes style of management than the DoF model we’re meant to have. Where is the long term, or even medium term, planning?
BFG part 2 may be off on 10:18 - Jul 25 with 5242 viewsBuckR

BFG part 2 may be off on 10:15 - Jul 25 by Hunterhoop

Oh FFS! That article makes it clear it’s not even financial; Warburton just ostracising him apparently. If so, that is madness. This “no Plan B” line that fans of his former clubs spoke about seems to be coming home to roost.

Who in their right mind ostracises the club captain and popular man in the dressing room?? Especially when you’ve already ostracised the longest serving player in Luongo. Especially after selling your best player. Especially after selling the first team who came up through the ranks. Leistner was the one single remaining bastion of leadership in the club, on and off the field.

Madness

If it’s financial, and necessary, then the club should say this. If Warburton is simply telling good first team players they’re not part of his plans, and making it public, he should be told to fcuk right off. Firstly, it’s a very questionable and short sighted decision. Secondly, it fundamentally worsens our bargaining position and the transfer fee we’re likely to obtain. It’s a stupid.

LF needs to step in here. This feels more like the Mark Hughes style of management than the DoF model we’re meant to have. Where is the long term, or even medium term, planning?

I know unrelated to the Leistner situation but its madness that Eze could well be our longest serving player in a starting line up at Stoke!

[Post edited 25 Jul 2019 10:21]
BFG part 2 may be off on 10:20 - Jul 25 with 5228 viewsjohnhoop

BFG part 2 may be off on 10:00 - Jul 25 by connell10

I really like our BFG . This is as I feared turning into a fire sale , I've got a bad feeling about this.

I think it’s gone beyond a fire sale Connell. I think at this point we’re virtually burning down the house.
BFG part 2 may be off on 10:23 - Jul 25 with 5212 viewsdaveB

it does feel and seem like we're changing far too much too quickly, that defence still looks crap to me

Would be nice to fast forward to the 9th August and see how this all ends up
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024