Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lets be Positive 10:16 - Jul 28 with 5729 viewsashranger

I have read a number of negative threads intwined with a few positive ones, but it is fair to say the doom and gloom has already set in before we have kicked a ball for some.

I for one are happy with the transfer activity even though this has been the biggest out and in I can remember. People seem to forget we finished 19th last season and despite the positives pre Christmas it was utter dross in the second half of the year.

I agree we have a lost a couple of useful players, Freeman was our best player so sad to see him go but we got a ok fee for him and wished him luck in the premiership, I think we will be seeing him again next season nonetheless. Matt Smith was popular and affective but for all the reasons that have been articulated on this site (i.e. he wanted to go, last year of contract and we got a fee) it was the right thing to let him go. I have to admit I am not to bothered about the rest, I think Kane will be better than furlong and Wallace will be better than bidwell. Our centre backs were a shower of S**te so the fact we are changing them and bombing out BFG is no worries.

Midfield for me was always lightweight but looked better when Cameron was in the side, he was like a Rolls Royce, classy but broke down a lot. Scowan improved as pushed up the pitch but he can still be called on and Luongo for me is over rated. Clearly we will miss Freeman but hopefully some of the youngsters will step up.

I note we have lost lots of other players such as Pav but again we have replaced well and still have all the youth to call upon as well.

The keeper situation will be hard to understand unless someone explains it but you kind of have to give them the benefit of the doubt here. I think Lumley started very brightly but got sucked in to the vacuum of poor performances so I am not unhappy we have brought someone else in.

So, had we just kept the same team and added a couple of forwards and maybe a defender I think we would have ended up in 19th again or maybe worse, that's an opinion and I appreciate that bright, eze and chair would have all improved but I think some of the other players would have gone the other way.

Concerns around transfer policies are valid, Clive questioned this in one of this reports around managers bringing in their own players and then being sacked in 6 months time, I wholly agree with this and a different longer term strategy is needed.

But they have rolled the dice, if they hadn't we would have been on for another poor season, now the excitement is there as we don't know how the team will perform. We could be a surprise package and finish 18h :-) or we could be the worst team in the league and go down, we will have to be patient though.

Lets be positive
Lets be Positive on 10:20 - Jul 28 with 4099 viewsRuislipHoop

Totally agree
Lets be Positive on 10:35 - Jul 28 with 4033 viewsdavman

Yeah alright!

As the starter of a negative thread that got booed off stage, I'd love to be more positive, but whilst the first twenty years of supporting this lot was generally great, the last twenty years have been horrendous bar two or three seasons and it's hard to be positive when that's the norm.

So here are my positives.

Lumley remains first choice - fan bloody tastic - let him develop to be the great 'keeper he will be here.

We still have a club - look at Bury, Bolton and even Notts Co. up until last week to see what could be.

The last couple of showings indicate that the Midfield will be more "all purpose" than before. Amos looks fantastic, Ball is a revelation.

Cameron adds steel to a generally lightweight team and Leistner appears to be staying and playing - we are going to need him at times.

... Just remain very nervous that there are not enough goals in that squad.

Hope I am wrong there, but...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Lets be Positive on 10:38 - Jul 28 with 4029 viewsDannyPaddox

Lets be Positive on 11:05 - Jul 28 with 3960 viewsw7r

Have to agree with most of that. I was feeling pretty indifferent to our transfer activity but the Pugh, Kane, Cameron on a perm I think are good bits of business. Pugh seems to have a really positive attitude - like the fact he dropped a division rather than warm the bench and pick up his wedge, suggests he still enjoys his football. Kane is not the greatest of defenders but exciting going forward. Like many others I’m not too keen on the loans but these permanent ones have rebalanced things.

I’m starting to feel a bit more optimistic!
Lets be Positive on 11:07 - Jul 28 with 3954 viewsHooparoo

Lets be Positive on 11:05 - Jul 28 by w7r

Have to agree with most of that. I was feeling pretty indifferent to our transfer activity but the Pugh, Kane, Cameron on a perm I think are good bits of business. Pugh seems to have a really positive attitude - like the fact he dropped a division rather than warm the bench and pick up his wedge, suggests he still enjoys his football. Kane is not the greatest of defenders but exciting going forward. Like many others I’m not too keen on the loans but these permanent ones have rebalanced things.

I’m starting to feel a bit more optimistic!

Agree mate. I was a bit underwhelmed this time last week but we’ve done some good business now I think. Fingers crossed (as always) 😉

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Lets be Positive on 11:13 - Jul 28 with 3939 viewsdaveB

the number of changes we've made have to be a concern but looking at the squad it does look better than last year imo. We still lack goals in the team but i think we'll be OK
Lets be Positive on 11:13 - Jul 28 with 3938 viewsstevec

Well said.
Lets be Positive on 11:49 - Jul 28 with 3856 viewsBushRanger82

Be positive, yes, as much as circumstances allow.
But, please people, don't bury your heads in the sand altogether, either.
Login to get fewer ads

Lets be Positive on 13:11 - Jul 28 with 3704 viewsNortholt_Rs

Lets be Positive on 11:49 - Jul 28 by BushRanger82

Be positive, yes, as much as circumstances allow.
But, please people, don't bury your heads in the sand altogether, either.

That side from last season was dogsh t.... Warburton is a good manager and has made some astute signings plus dumped a load of dross. Things are definitely looking up. COYRs!!!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Lets be Positive on 13:39 - Jul 28 with 3646 viewsDannytheR

Lets be Positive on 11:13 - Jul 28 by daveB

the number of changes we've made have to be a concern but looking at the squad it does look better than last year imo. We still lack goals in the team but i think we'll be OK

Have to admit, after moaning about the weird decision-making last week - and having a very bad feeling about the season to come - the triple rabbit out of hat transfers this weekend have perked me right up.

Kane and Pugh in for Furlong, Freeman and the thick end of 7 million is actually very good business, and Hugill *should* be exactly the player we need up top.

I'll see how my optimism is holding up at ten to five next Saturday, but for now...
Lets be Positive on 13:43 - Jul 28 with 3634 viewsEsox_Lucius

Lets be Positive on 13:39 - Jul 28 by DannytheR

Have to admit, after moaning about the weird decision-making last week - and having a very bad feeling about the season to come - the triple rabbit out of hat transfers this weekend have perked me right up.

Kane and Pugh in for Furlong, Freeman and the thick end of 7 million is actually very good business, and Hugill *should* be exactly the player we need up top.

I'll see how my optimism is holding up at ten to five next Saturday, but for now...

I'd give it a bit longer before giving up for the season.

The grass is always greener.

Lets be Positive on 14:03 - Jul 28 with 3611 viewsDannytheR

Lets be Positive on 13:43 - Jul 28 by Esox_Lucius

I'd give it a bit longer before giving up for the season.

Well, the last time I went into a season feeling properly, genuinely optimistic it was August 2012. I vividly remember the buzz of excitement and anticipation now that we had survived our first season back in the Premiership, the sun beating down on LR on the opening Saturday, watching this glorious new team take to the pitch - Diakite in on a permanent, Djibril Cisse, Junior Hoilett, Ji Sung Park and my God, yes, that's actually Rio Ferdinand, world beaters in our beautiful hoops under the astute and meticulous management of Mark Hughes. I was grinning like a kid on Christmas morning. Top half of the table? Foregone conclusion. Europe? Book the flights now, lads.

I think it was Swansea we had that day. Oddly, I can't remember a thing that happened afterwards.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2019 14:05]
Lets be Positive on 14:53 - Jul 28 with 3526 viewsTacticalR

Lets be Positive on 14:03 - Jul 28 by DannytheR

Well, the last time I went into a season feeling properly, genuinely optimistic it was August 2012. I vividly remember the buzz of excitement and anticipation now that we had survived our first season back in the Premiership, the sun beating down on LR on the opening Saturday, watching this glorious new team take to the pitch - Diakite in on a permanent, Djibril Cisse, Junior Hoilett, Ji Sung Park and my God, yes, that's actually Rio Ferdinand, world beaters in our beautiful hoops under the astute and meticulous management of Mark Hughes. I was grinning like a kid on Christmas morning. Top half of the table? Foregone conclusion. Europe? Book the flights now, lads.

I think it was Swansea we had that day. Oddly, I can't remember a thing that happened afterwards.

Yes, that's when Philip Beard told us that relegation was impossible. I guess he was a great optimist, but unfortunately success can't be brought about by demanding success.

We've spent too much to be involved in a relegation battle, warns QPR chief Beard
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2199193/QPR-chief-Phillip-Bea

For me it's not a question of optimism or pessimism, but of observation (i.e. seeing what happens), particularly as I don't have a clue who half the players are.

Air hostess clique

Lets be Positive on 16:24 - Jul 28 with 3440 viewsterryb

Lets be Positive on 14:03 - Jul 28 by DannytheR

I remember that day well. For eight minutes we looked world beaters & then Rob Green gifted our opponents a goal. We should have equalised immediately through Mackie(?) but when that wasn't scored it was season over!

It was another two seasons before you saw Rio Ferdinand in a players shirt though!
Lets be Positive on 16:36 - Jul 28 with 3408 viewsDannytheR

Lets be Positive on 16:24 - Jul 28 by terryb

I remember that day well. For eight minutes we looked world beaters & then Rob Green gifted our opponents a goal. We should have equalised immediately through Mackie(?) but when that wasn't scored it was season over!

It was another two seasons before you saw Rio Ferdinand in a players shirt though!

Oh it was still Anton wasn't it?

Told you I didn't remember anything about it!
Lets be Positive on 16:37 - Jul 28 with 3404 viewsloftus77

Lets be Positive on 14:53 - Jul 28 by TacticalR

Yes, that's when Philip Beard told us that relegation was impossible. I guess he was a great optimist, but unfortunately success can't be brought about by demanding success.

We've spent too much to be involved in a relegation battle, warns QPR chief Beard
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2199193/QPR-chief-Phillip-Bea

For me it's not a question of optimism or pessimism, but of observation (i.e. seeing what happens), particularly as I don't have a clue who half the players are.

Reading that article (I know its the DM) its frightening how deluded he and most of us were. I, too, was convinced that we had 'crossed the Rubicon' in 2012. I knew we were over-spending but was swept along with the idea that Tony had 'bomb-proofed' the club against relegation and we could enjoy the Premier League ride.

Both he, the board and me were blinded to the fact that any house has to be built from its foundations upwards not the roof downwards. In our case, those foundations n had been successively eroded since the mid-90s and were in dire need of overhaul - something which, I'm convinced, our current Board is finally aware of. -
[Post edited 28 Jul 2019 16:39]
Lets be Positive on 19:30 - Jul 28 with 3230 viewsfreddieeddie

I love this site for comedy value. So basically we have got rid of all the rubbish, got in all better players so top 6 at least 😄. Give it a month and you will want Warburton out.

Poll: QPR future, what would you like to see happen

Lets be Positive on 19:43 - Jul 28 with 3208 viewsashranger

Lets be Positive on 19:30 - Jul 28 by freddieeddie

I love this site for comedy value. So basically we have got rid of all the rubbish, got in all better players so top 6 at least 😄. Give it a month and you will want Warburton out.

"I love this site for comedy value" LOVE IT! what is the point of being all doom and gloom at the start of a season. If you go In to a match thinking you will lose then the probabiliy is, you will.

I agree we may well want Warburton out in a months time (I think he has a bit longer than that personally) but at least that will be born from a poor set of results and a little more justified.

At this point we don't know, I am not saying that we are going to be any good but at the same time we can't say for sure we will be bad. Likelihood is we will be the latter but I will be eating my hat with Warburton, Ferdinand and alike.

Lets at least go in to the first few games thinking we can win a game.
Lets be Positive on 22:52 - Jul 28 with 3053 viewsridethewave

The issue to watch for me, which has had me worries throughout this bizarre transfer window, is how Warburton can turn this group of complete strangers into a team. He was my choice for manager so I hope he can pull it off, but amazingly considering the financial difficulties we’re in, it’s not necessarily the quality of the players we’re signing, but whether they can play well together.

We’ve got one very interesting season ahead.
Lets be Positive on 23:05 - Jul 28 with 3016 viewsPunteR

We cant sack Warburton this season or the next wherever we end up. We've basically written off the last 4 seasons so i hope this is really the fresh start and rebuilding process we were promised before.
I cant see Les being here for very long.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Lets be Positive on 23:07 - Jul 28 with 3010 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Lets be Positive on 23:05 - Jul 28 by PunteR

We cant sack Warburton this season or the next wherever we end up. We've basically written off the last 4 seasons so i hope this is really the fresh start and rebuilding process we were promised before.

Do you think he’ll leave of his own violation or chucked?
Lets be Positive on 23:30 - Jul 28 with 2957 viewsTacticalR

Lets be Positive on 23:05 - Jul 28 by PunteR

I take your point about Warburton making himself indispensable, but if there is one thing QPR knows how to do it is to sack managers.

Is this the rebuilding process we were promised? I guess the last rebuilding process must have been the fake rebuilding process.

Air hostess clique

Lets be Positive on 23:36 - Jul 28 with 2952 viewsPunteR

Lets be Positive on 23:07 - Jul 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

Do you think he’ll leave of his own violation or chucked?

I really don't know obviously but from what i can see i think he's been chucked under the bus so to speak.
All these players coming in seem to be Warburtons and all the players out were basically on LF watch. Albeit we've made a bit of money from Freeman. That last interview on talksport he didn't seem happy. I could be completely wrong but there must be question marks over LF and what he's contributing as i guess the owners will be seeing the last few seasons as failures.

Lets be Positive on 23:40 - Jul 28 with 2939 viewsPunteR

Lets be Positive on 23:30 - Jul 28 by TacticalR

I take your point about Warburton making himself indispensable, but if there is one thing QPR knows how to do it is to sack managers.

Is this the rebuilding process we were promised? I guess the last rebuilding process must have been the fake rebuilding process.

Well we were still over paying players so i guess it was a bit fake.

Lets be Positive on 00:01 - Jul 29 with 2919 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Lets be Positive on 23:36 - Jul 28 by PunteR

I really don't know obviously but from what i can see i think he's been chucked under the bus so to speak.
All these players coming in seem to be Warburtons and all the players out were basically on LF watch. Albeit we've made a bit of money from Freeman. That last interview on talksport he didn't seem happy. I could be completely wrong but there must be question marks over LF and what he's contributing as i guess the owners will be seeing the last few seasons as failures.

If the signings are getting ‘double stamped’ by him to coin a In The Thick Of It quote, then that’s fine.

If he is being sidelined then shame on him for letting it happen and shame on the club for doing it and using a popular figure as a shield against some possibly shitty and un accountable signings.

Probably belongs on the conspiracy thread, but I’m convinced that the only reasons the owners are involved is for the value of Loftus Rd and they quite frankly don’t give a fck what division QPR are in or what signing they make as long as the books are balanced.

Sorry that’s not very positive is it...
[Post edited 29 Jul 2019 0:02]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024