Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eustace. 08:10 - Aug 2 with 2462 viewsconnell10

Helped persuade Warburton that he needed to make wholesale changes to the squad, throwing a hand grenade in as he so eloquently put it.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Eustace. on 08:15 - Aug 2 with 2436 viewseghamranger

Needed it and I think by October we will see the difference.
Eustace. on 08:17 - Aug 2 with 2424 viewsDorse

One of the reasons it was smart to keep him on. He knows where last season's bodies are buried and his player assessment is likely to be unvarnished.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Eustace. on 08:25 - Aug 2 with 2378 viewsFDC

Interesting where's this from?

Or should I say:

SAUCE???!!1!
Eustace. on 09:09 - Aug 2 with 2209 viewscaliforniahoop

Eustace. on 08:25 - Aug 2 by FDC

Or should I say:

SAUCE???!!1!

This was a point I was going to make a few days ago when Clive( I think) raised the question of, why did MW change from 5/6 players coming in to a complete revamp.

I remember Eustace giving that interview and thinking at the time, this man is talking about a major overhaul.

I was also annoyed that we had made a similar mistake as in previous years and not brought a manager in with enough time to access things, but thankfully, Eustace was the key this time, we got lucky!!

A major overhaul was required, and it would appear all parties are singing from the same hymn book this time around 🙏🏿
Eustace. on 09:17 - Aug 2 with 2167 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Couple of interesting articles in the Racing Post

View from dugout: QPR manager Mark Warburton on the challenges facing his team

https://www.racingpost.com/sport/view-from-dugout-qpr-manager-mark-warburton-on-

Championship 2019-20: every club ranked in order of finishing position

https://www.racingpost.com/sport/championship-2019-20-every-club-ranked-in-order
Eustace. on 09:44 - Aug 2 with 2093 viewsozexile

Let's see how it turns out before we start hailing Eustace as some kind of revolutionary seer.
If what we've got in now is worse than what we've let go then although we've saved money we're certain to be relegated.
Eustace. on 09:58 - Aug 2 with 2036 viewsconnell10

Eustace. on 08:25 - Aug 2 by FDC

Or should I say:

SAUCE???!!1!

From west london sport by Dave Mclntyre , oh and sauce Ketchup please.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Eustace. on 10:01 - Aug 2 with 2026 viewsLblock

Eustace. on 09:17 - Aug 2 by superhoopdownunder

Couple of interesting articles in the Racing Post

View from dugout: QPR manager Mark Warburton on the challenges facing his team

https://www.racingpost.com/sport/view-from-dugout-qpr-manager-mark-warburton-on-

Championship 2019-20: every club ranked in order of finishing position

https://www.racingpost.com/sport/championship-2019-20-every-club-ranked-in-order

Forest 4th? Can’t see that

Also I’d happily take 17th spot for us now; of course Warbs making right noises about ambition to push as high as possible

I’m also surprised Brum are being tipped for the drop by quite a few.
I hope they’re right!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

Eustace. on 10:04 - Aug 2 with 2008 viewsrobith

Eustace. on 09:44 - Aug 2 by ozexile

Let's see how it turns out before we start hailing Eustace as some kind of revolutionary seer.
If what we've got in now is worse than what we've let go then although we've saved money we're certain to be relegated.

I guess the thing is when the assistant manager is left as caretaker following their boss' exit is they kinda plod through the motions as was. But Eustace mixed things up, and was very forthright in his opinion of the players and the squad. Was quite an interesting break with expectation, and has clearly given Warburton a head start on his view of the squad and emboldened them to be more radical
Eustace. on 10:14 - Aug 2 with 1964 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Eustace. on 10:01 - Aug 2 by Lblock

Also I’d happily take 17th spot for us now; of course Warbs making right noises about ambition to push as high as possible

I hope they’re right!!

Agreed. Who the f##k writes that shite? Stoke, play offs, so April fools Day is in August now is it?
Eustace. on 10:31 - Aug 2 with 1897 viewsozexile

Eustace. on 10:04 - Aug 2 by robith

I guess the thing is when the assistant manager is left as caretaker following their boss' exit is they kinda plod through the motions as was. But Eustace mixed things up, and was very forthright in his opinion of the players and the squad. Was quite an interesting break with expectation, and has clearly given Warburton a head start on his view of the squad and emboldened them to be more radical

Good post. I guess what I'm trying to say is that its easy to be radical when there's no consequences. We'll be the ones who have to live with these decisions.
Eustace. on 10:35 - Aug 2 with 1880 viewsderbyhoop

I think Clive's predictions are likely to be a good deal closer to final positions than anything said in Racing Post.
On the basis, there has been considerably more research than most media outlets can bother with.

I'll be very happy if we finish in lower mid-table, given the scale of the overhaul.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Eustace. on 11:21 - Aug 2 with 1773 viewsrsonist

Eustace. on 10:35 - Aug 2 by derbyhoop

I think Clive's predictions are likely to be a good deal closer to final positions than anything said in Racing Post.
On the basis, there has been considerably more research than most media outlets can bother with.

I'll be very happy if we finish in lower mid-table, given the scale of the overhaul.

LFW prediction has Stoke in 7th, not exactly ruling them out of playoff contention. Other than the Forest call (more of a hail mary but hey it could happen) the RP table doesn't seem particularly controversial.

Clive also has us in 16th which is the highest position of any preview you'll find, whether it's broadsheet, fansite, betting, or Twitter analytics spod.
Eustace. on 11:28 - Aug 2 with 1743 viewsRangersDave

Eustace. on 09:09 - Aug 2 by californiahoop

This was a point I was going to make a few days ago when Clive( I think) raised the question of, why did MW change from 5/6 players coming in to a complete revamp.

I remember Eustace giving that interview and thinking at the time, this man is talking about a major overhaul.

I was also annoyed that we had made a similar mistake as in previous years and not brought a manager in with enough time to access things, but thankfully, Eustace was the key this time, we got lucky!!

A major overhaul was required, and it would appear all parties are singing from the same hymn book this time around 🙏🏿

Sometimes i think you have to not just cut the infection out of the wound, but remove all the bad bits to allow good to rebuild the flesh.

D.Jones (M.D. to the cosmos)

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Eustace. on 11:35 - Aug 2 with 1702 viewspaulparker

Eustace. on 09:44 - Aug 2 by ozexile

This

I seem to recall the hysteria around Oct/Nov time about getting in the play offs , look how that ended up

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Eustace. on 11:48 - Aug 2 with 1645 viewsrsonist

Eustace. on 11:35 - Aug 2 by paulparker

This

I seem to recall the hysteria around Oct/Nov time about getting in the play offs , look how that ended up

More specifically I recall round that time everyone pointing to consistency and continuity in the side as the main reason for good form after all Ollie's uncertainty. Then the season went bad and putting out the same team is favouritism and breeds complacency and we need to clear the decks.

Point is different things work at different times for different sides and there is no moral of the story you can wisely repeat later. The more seasons go by the less you should be certain about, not vice versa.
Eustace. on 12:15 - Aug 2 with 1577 viewsrobith

Eustace. on 10:35 - Aug 2 by derbyhoop

As ever with the Racing Post,you'd be wary taking predictions from a publication funded almost entirely by bookmaker advertising
Eustace. on 12:30 - Aug 2 with 1525 viewsthame_hoops

Eustace. on 10:01 - Aug 2 by Lblock

I hope they’re right!!

It amuses me when people say ‘happily take 17th’ etc no you wouldn’t, it’s a sport, we want to compete, we want to be entertained as fans by seeing wins. Finishing 17th would suggest lots of defeats
Eustace. on 12:58 - Aug 2 with 1440 viewsAntti_Heinola

Eustace. on 11:48 - Aug 2 by rsonist

More specifically I recall round that time everyone pointing to consistency and continuity in the side as the main reason for good form after all Ollie's uncertainty. Then the season went bad and putting out the same team is favouritism and breeds complacency and we need to clear the decks.

Point is different things work at different times for different sides and there is no moral of the story you can wisely repeat later. The more seasons go by the less you should be certain about, not vice versa.

i think most people said there was a happy medium. Yes, keep a wining side and yes if a player is playing well, keep him in the team.

Ollie frequently did neither, failing to stick with players like Manning and Smyth when they were showing good form for more than sometimes one game at a time. Meanwhile, McClaren stuck with players like Eze and Freeman when it was clear they were utterly shagged and in dire need of a rest.

One rested when he didn't need to, the other didn't rest when he really needed to!

Bare bones.

Eustace. on 14:33 - Aug 2 with 1302 viewscaliforniahoop

Eustace. on 11:48 - Aug 2 by rsonist

Consistency of selection is key, but you rest key players at various stages, odd game, early substitutions, etc, Eze, Wells and a few others were ran into the ground, the modern pampered players haven’t got that in them. I remember our great teams of the past and the majority playing tons of games, those days ere gone!
Eustace. on 20:27 - Aug 2 with 1048 viewsMatch82

Eustace. on 14:33 - Aug 2 by californiahoop

Consistency of selection is key, but you rest key players at various stages, odd game, early substitutions, etc, Eze, Wells and a few others were ran into the ground, the modern pampered players haven’t got that in them. I remember our great teams of the past and the majority playing tons of games, those days ere gone!

I really don't think it had anything to do work modern pampered players.

In the 70s when everyone played every game, they were probably on fumes and not playing to the best of their ability by the end of the season, you just couldn't tell because the teams they were playing against were on fumes too.
Eustace. on 08:57 - Aug 3 with 719 viewsfrancisbowles

Eustace. on 20:27 - Aug 2 by Match82

I really don't think it had anything to do work modern pampered players.

In the 70s when everyone played every game, they were probably on fumes and not playing to the best of their ability by the end of the season, you just couldn't tell because the teams they were playing against were on fumes too.

Added to the game is much quicker now and the players are highly tuned athletes.
Rest and recovery are key to consistent performance. Do too much and the performance level drops.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024