Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Impressive Baggies return Rangers to earth - Report 19:00 - Sep 29 with 2821 viewsNorthernr

Impressive Baggies return Rangers to earth - Report 29th Sep 2019 18:46
Growing optimism and excitement among QPR fans encouraged with the early signs from their new look side were tempered somewhat by a 2-0 defeat to West Brom on Saturday far more comfortable than the scoreline suggests. 15

Impressive Baggies return Rangers to earth - Report on 20:06 - Sep 29 with 2629 viewsbosh67

Excellent report.

I also thought Barbet did really well until the sending off. Charlie looked like a tribute act to himself but Barbet stopped him breaking his WBA act. I can't see Charlie being a big part of a Billic push after Christmas this year. But, if he can get his fitness up he may well turn that around. However, wouldn't say no to him back here on loan because it kind of feels like he's not felt 'at home' since he left.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Impressive Baggies return Rangers to earth - Report on 20:15 - Sep 29 with 2608 viewsterryb

I would like to say a thank you to Furlong & Austin for walking round the pitch appauding Rangers fans. Not that many of us were left to witness this as they had rightly carried out their professional duties for West Bron first.

It was very well received by those of us still present & they deservedly had their applause returned.

As to the match, we can have no complaints. The better side won.
Impressive Baggies return Rangers to earth - Report on 00:19 - Sep 30 with 2267 viewsFredManRave

Impressive Baggies return Rangers to earth - Report on 20:15 - Sep 29 by terryb

I would like to say a thank you to Furlong & Austin for walking round the pitch appauding Rangers fans. Not that many of us were left to witness this as they had rightly carried out their professional duties for West Bron first.

It was very well received by those of us still present & they deservedly had their applause returned.

As to the match, we can have no complaints. The better side won.

It's a sign of the times and the sport maybe, but such small gestures such as those are very much appreciated. They're the good guys.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Impressive Baggies return Rangers to earth - Report on 05:01 - Sep 30 with 2189 viewsnix

Impressive Baggies return Rangers to earth - Report on 00:19 - Sep 30 by FredManRave

It's a sign of the times and the sport maybe, but such small gestures such as those are very much appreciated. They're the good guys.

Yes a couple of things. Bilic told Charlie to go to see his fans first and he kind of did a token clap to them and then pointed at the MoM winner (Ferguson?) so he could leg it over to our fans. Nice gesture! Then Furlong did the pat his heart gesture after clapping our fans. Think he misses us.

Another thing that was interesting. Bilic made a point of talking to two of our players at the end: Ebs and Joe. He shook Ebs" hand and chatted to him for a while. Love to know what he said!

Ps good report Clive. Couldn't really argue with anything. Except perhaps the ref booking Geoff Cameron for pulling someone back but then not booking their players when ours were pulled back (this happened twice and one of ours was right by the penalty area so in an equally dangerous position as the Cameron booking. It's not the decisions they make so much as the inconsistencies that get my goat. And Pereira didn't just tickle Ryan's chin he cupped his hand right round his chin and neck in a faux caring gesture. He really should have been booked for that as it's the kind of thing players react to and Ryan would have been the one to be sent off if he'd lamped him.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2019 5:09]
Impressive Baggies return Rangers to earth - Report on 08:53 - Sep 30 with 2009 viewsderbyhoop

We were totally outplayed by what is a very good side. They were excellent and we weren't as good as we have been.
If we are going to compete at the top end, we have to learn from what they did to us. Whether we have enough players with the ability to step up that high is a point of debate.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Impressive Baggies return Rangers to earth - Report on 09:19 - Sep 30 with 1966 viewsMick_S

And Pereira didn't just tickle Ryan's chin he cupped his hand right round his chin and neck in a faux caring gesture. He really should have been booked for that as it's the kind of thing players react to and Ryan would have been the one to be sent off if he'd lamped him.

Nix - to be fair to Bilic, he told his player in no uncertain terms that his actions were unaceptable. Not many would have done that publicly.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Impressive Baggies return Rangers to earth - Report on 10:35 - Sep 30 with 1873 viewsWalnut

Impressive Baggies return Rangers to earth - Report on 20:06 - Sep 29 by bosh67

Excellent report.

I also thought Barbet did really well until the sending off. Charlie looked like a tribute act to himself but Barbet stopped him breaking his WBA act. I can't see Charlie being a big part of a Billic push after Christmas this year. But, if he can get his fitness up he may well turn that around. However, wouldn't say no to him back here on loan because it kind of feels like he's not felt 'at home' since he left.

May've been mentioned on here before but CA did enquire as to whether we could take him off Saints hands but wages were the stumbling block
Impressive Baggies return Rangers to earth - Report on 10:38 - Sep 30 with 1863 viewsnix

Impressive Baggies return Rangers to earth - Report on 09:19 - Sep 30 by Mick_S

And Pereira didn't just tickle Ryan's chin he cupped his hand right round his chin and neck in a faux caring gesture. He really should have been booked for that as it's the kind of thing players react to and Ryan would have been the one to be sent off if he'd lamped him.

Nix - to be fair to Bilic, he told his player in no uncertain terms that his actions were unaceptable. Not many would have done that publicly.

Yes Mick. Not having a go at Bilic. Just thought the ref should have booked him for it. We've had players booked for less after the final whistle.
Login to get fewer ads

Impressive Baggies return Rangers to earth - Report on 13:22 - Sep 30 with 1661 viewsPinnerPaul

Impressive Baggies return Rangers to earth - Report on 00:19 - Sep 30 by FredManRave

Charlie also gave his shirt to one of our young fans
Impressive Baggies return Rangers to earth - Report on 14:17 - Sep 30 with 1561 viewsHarbour

Impressive Baggies return Rangers to earth - Report on 13:22 - Sep 30 by PinnerPaul

Charlie also gave his shirt to one of our young fans

That’s good to see i had not realised Charlie and Darnell were walking the pitch if I had I would have stayed behind and clapped them both good servants of the club always welcome. Was good to see so many giving Charlie the standing ovation when he was subbed.
Impressive Baggies return Rangers to earth - Report on 00:19 - Oct 1 with 1140 viewsJAPRANGERS

Thanks Clive, superb report as always!
Impressive Baggies return Rangers to earth - Report on 13:39 - Oct 1 with 911 viewsR_from_afar

Full disclosure: I am not the best authority on the latest changes to the rules of football, but isn't Robson-Kanu well offside for the Barbet sending off incident? He is certainly well beyond our last two defenders when he receives the ball and he does not run from an onside position. Am I missing something?

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Impressive Baggies return Rangers to earth - Report on 13:54 - Oct 1 with 897 viewsPinnerPaul

Impressive Baggies return Rangers to earth - Report on 13:39 - Oct 1 by R_from_afar

Full disclosure: I am not the best authority on the latest changes to the rules of football, but isn't Robson-Kanu well offside for the Barbet sending off incident? He is certainly well beyond our last two defenders when he receives the ball and he does not run from an onside position. Am I missing something?

TV coverage I've seen doesn't show where he was when the ball was played by his team mate.

No appeals at all from us., leads me to believe that he was onside when the ball was played.

Happens all the time at home, fans, of course, are looking at the ball, not along the line so they see a forward receive a ball in an 'offside' position and scream for the flag.
Impressive Baggies return Rangers to earth - Report on 14:00 - Oct 1 with 889 viewsR_from_afar

Impressive Baggies return Rangers to earth - Report on 13:54 - Oct 1 by PinnerPaul

TV coverage I've seen doesn't show where he was when the ball was played by his team mate.

No appeals at all from us., leads me to believe that he was onside when the ball was played.

Happens all the time at home, fans, of course, are looking at the ball, not along the line so they see a forward receive a ball in an 'offside' position and scream for the flag.

Thanks for your comments

I usually watch the highlights of anything controversial with YouTube set to 0.25 speed. OK, the officials have to make decisions in real time but Robson-Kanu really is quite some way offside. I reckon VAR might have rescued Barbet if it had been available.

Still, West Brom were the better team.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Impressive Baggies return Rangers to earth - Report on 14:10 - Oct 1 with 879 viewsMick_S

Impressive Baggies return Rangers to earth - Report on 14:00 - Oct 1 by R_from_afar

Thanks for your comments

I usually watch the highlights of anything controversial with YouTube set to 0.25 speed. OK, the officials have to make decisions in real time but Robson-Kanu really is quite some way offside. I reckon VAR might have rescued Barbet if it had been available.

Still, West Brom were the better team.

Any chance he started the run in his own half or have they fecked that rule off too?

Impressive Baggies return Rangers to earth - Report on 14:21 - Oct 1 with 872 viewsMick_S

By the way - nice mascot:

Impressive Baggies return Rangers to earth - Report on 15:31 - Oct 1 with 817 viewskensalriser

Oh, that's why they had Ideal Boilers written on their chests.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Impressive Baggies return Rangers to earth - Report on 16:28 - Oct 1 with 782 viewsPinnerPaul

Impressive Baggies return Rangers to earth - Report on 14:10 - Oct 1 by Mick_S

Any chance he started the run in his own half or have they fecked that rule off too?

Yep he would be onside if he was in his own half when the pass was made.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024