Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
3 Points from Top 21:22 - Sep 15 with 4665 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

We would have taken that after 6 games right?
3 Points from Top on 22:06 - Sep 15 with 3168 viewsPommyhoop

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

3 Points from Top on 22:42 - Sep 15 with 3099 viewsTonto

8 points from the relegation spot.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

3 Points from Top on 08:34 - Sep 16 with 2957 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

3 Points from Top on 22:42 - Sep 15 by Tonto

8 points from the relegation spot.

Every silver lining has a cloud I suppose!
3 Points from Top on 08:39 - Sep 16 with 2937 viewsHayesender

And all on a transfer budget of £50k. I'm not gonna count any chickens yet, but we really do seem to have our Rangers back, whatever that means

Poll: Shamima Beghum

3 Points from Top on 08:43 - Sep 16 with 2927 viewsstevec

6 games yes, but 7 ?
3 Points from Top on 09:18 - Sep 16 with 2827 views2Thomas2Bowles

We would be top if we did not give so many goals away. not good enough!!!

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

3 Points from Top on 09:47 - Sep 16 with 2784 viewsCroydonCaptJack

3 Points from Top on 09:18 - Sep 16 by 2Thomas2Bowles

We would be top if we did not give so many goals away. not good enough!!!

That may have been in jest but when you think about the games we have lost they were both down to errors so that is right. I think I like where we are sitting at the moment though, just below everyones radar and still underdogs. Swansea looked a decent side but we had the momentum to have won that game and we controlled the game at Bristol for an hour before throwingate. They are both above us in the league. I would be surprised if Bristol are above us come May.
3 Points from Top on 10:09 - Sep 16 with 2740 viewsEsox_Lucius

3 Points from Top on 09:47 - Sep 16 by CroydonCaptJack

That may have been in jest but when you think about the games we have lost they were both down to errors so that is right. I think I like where we are sitting at the moment though, just below everyones radar and still underdogs. Swansea looked a decent side but we had the momentum to have won that game and we controlled the game at Bristol for an hour before throwingate. They are both above us in the league. I would be surprised if Bristol are above us come May.

Also, based on the number of shots/ shots on target we have been creating, i would say that shooting errors have cost us just as much. It's a bit ironic that we only have a goal difference of one with the goal chances we are creating.

The grass is always greener.

Login to get fewer ads

3 Points from Top on 11:10 - Sep 16 with 2641 viewstimcocking

I'd have most likely taken three pints if you'd offered it at the beginning of the season...
3 Points from Top on 13:08 - Sep 16 with 2553 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

3 Points from Top on 09:47 - Sep 16 by CroydonCaptJack

If we’d scored in that Bristol game I might agree with you but we didn’t.
3 Points from Top on 13:12 - Sep 16 with 2542 viewsManinBlack

I think we need to keep things in perspective. We are the only team not to have beaten Huddersfield in league or cup they have faced this season.

I can't let people get too over confident yet remembering how the second half of last season went...
3 Points from Top on 13:25 - Sep 16 with 2500 viewsCroydonCaptJack

3 Points from Top on 13:08 - Sep 16 by BazzaInTheLoft

If we’d scored in that Bristol game I might agree with you but we didn’t.

Which bit don't you agree with Baz?
That we will finish above them?
3 Points from Top on 13:38 - Sep 16 with 2467 viewsLongsufferingR

I'll breathe a bit more easily if we get through November without too much damage. That month's fixtures look brutal.
3 Points from Top on 13:55 - Sep 16 with 2421 viewsDWQPR

The fact is that in July if someone had told any of us that we would not only be 3 points off top place after seven games, that we would be watching football of the likes we haven't witnessed since maybe the days of Gerry Francis managing us (in the early 90's not late 90's), and all this whilst getting rid of what was considered to be our two best players in Freeman and Luongo and that we would be scoring for fun then we would have called for the men in white coats.

I'm enjoying this season to the point that I have just ordered my Millwall ticket, I'm prepared to be de-humanised for an afternoon just to get some more of this strange new, exciting football fix.

And in terms of the teams we have played, we beat Stoke at their place when their confidence and expectations should have been at their highest, rather than playing them this Saturday just gone as Brizzle did, when their confidence has been pummelled and they still needed the luxury of playing against 10 men and only scored afternoon Joe Allen had his brain fart.

Huddersfield at home, we could and should have won, much the better team, who had lost their first game at home to an assumedly fancied Derby, who still had a team full of premiership players and who's own expectations was to at least challenge for the play offs. Brizzle away, didn't go but by all accounts we shot ourselves in the foot. But also we were and still are bedding in a relatively new squad, not just team, whereas City can afford to spend a few quid and targeted players, ours were once again, loans, cast-offs and future potential. Swansea at home, look at the stats, we probably dominated that game more than the Wigan game, had we scored with the chance shortly after we had equalised then quite likely we would have won 3-1.

But since then as the team has blended more and more, formations evolved (plan B and C and D I've seen in evidence), we are putting teams to the sword, whilst admittedly still having that shotgun pointed downwards without the safety catch on. But we are still wining despite this. And the most pleasing thing is at this time is that when we have an injury then the replacement I am more than happy with and no worries that we are going to have to play Jordan Cousins as right back or centre midfield or Joel Lynch anywhere. We have a squad of players that can compete equally with each other and are pushing each other. Where was Osayi-Samuel on Saturday? Wasn't even on the bench and he was a shoe-in for all of us at the start of the season.

Hopefully the defence will shore itself up, we are looking very good and those stats about three shots on target on Saturday are total bull. Eze's shot that hit the bar would have gone in had the keeper not palmed it there, he had another shot earlier that the keeper came out to save. Barbet's volley from the corner was heading only one way when it was deflected for a corner, so that's now six on target I can remember.

And what is more pleasing is that I caught a glimpse of the Fulham/West Brom game before heading to HQ and to be honest they both looked cumbersome at best. Had we played either of those teams like we did the first 30 minutes against Luton then I would have expected the same scoreline.

And finally poor Joe Lumley. I like him, and have a lot of hope that he will become a very good keeper. He is still learning and this season is learning a new way of playing, to become the start of every attack. At times his decision making in releasing the ball can be slow, and the mistake against Luton was glaring. But just remember that Jordan Hugill equally cost us a goal against Wigan. Thankfully both mistakes didn't effect the final result in either game.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

3 Points from Top on 14:31 - Sep 16 with 2338 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

3 Points from Top on 13:25 - Sep 16 by CroydonCaptJack

Which bit don't you agree with Baz?
That we will finish above them?

No, that we lost that Bristol away game due to errors.
3 Points from Top on 14:39 - Sep 16 with 2316 viewsRangersw12

Would of snapped your hand off to be out of the relegation zone so to be this high up whilst playing fantastic football is amazing

Expectations for me get to 50 points as soon as possible then see what happens
3 Points from Top on 14:43 - Sep 16 with 2308 viewsRblockPrior

3 Points from Top on 13:38 - Sep 16 by LongsufferingR

I'll breathe a bit more easily if we get through November without too much damage. That month's fixtures look brutal.

Wow, just looked at those November fixtures, that really is a tough month. We will know where we will roughly be come the end of the season when that month is over

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

3 Points from Top on 14:44 - Sep 16 with 2302 viewsAntti_Heinola

3 Points from Top on 13:55 - Sep 16 by DWQPR

The fact is that in July if someone had told any of us that we would not only be 3 points off top place after seven games, that we would be watching football of the likes we haven't witnessed since maybe the days of Gerry Francis managing us (in the early 90's not late 90's), and all this whilst getting rid of what was considered to be our two best players in Freeman and Luongo and that we would be scoring for fun then we would have called for the men in white coats.

I'm enjoying this season to the point that I have just ordered my Millwall ticket, I'm prepared to be de-humanised for an afternoon just to get some more of this strange new, exciting football fix.

And in terms of the teams we have played, we beat Stoke at their place when their confidence and expectations should have been at their highest, rather than playing them this Saturday just gone as Brizzle did, when their confidence has been pummelled and they still needed the luxury of playing against 10 men and only scored afternoon Joe Allen had his brain fart.

Huddersfield at home, we could and should have won, much the better team, who had lost their first game at home to an assumedly fancied Derby, who still had a team full of premiership players and who's own expectations was to at least challenge for the play offs. Brizzle away, didn't go but by all accounts we shot ourselves in the foot. But also we were and still are bedding in a relatively new squad, not just team, whereas City can afford to spend a few quid and targeted players, ours were once again, loans, cast-offs and future potential. Swansea at home, look at the stats, we probably dominated that game more than the Wigan game, had we scored with the chance shortly after we had equalised then quite likely we would have won 3-1.

But since then as the team has blended more and more, formations evolved (plan B and C and D I've seen in evidence), we are putting teams to the sword, whilst admittedly still having that shotgun pointed downwards without the safety catch on. But we are still wining despite this. And the most pleasing thing is at this time is that when we have an injury then the replacement I am more than happy with and no worries that we are going to have to play Jordan Cousins as right back or centre midfield or Joel Lynch anywhere. We have a squad of players that can compete equally with each other and are pushing each other. Where was Osayi-Samuel on Saturday? Wasn't even on the bench and he was a shoe-in for all of us at the start of the season.

Hopefully the defence will shore itself up, we are looking very good and those stats about three shots on target on Saturday are total bull. Eze's shot that hit the bar would have gone in had the keeper not palmed it there, he had another shot earlier that the keeper came out to save. Barbet's volley from the corner was heading only one way when it was deflected for a corner, so that's now six on target I can remember.

And what is more pleasing is that I caught a glimpse of the Fulham/West Brom game before heading to HQ and to be honest they both looked cumbersome at best. Had we played either of those teams like we did the first 30 minutes against Luton then I would have expected the same scoreline.

And finally poor Joe Lumley. I like him, and have a lot of hope that he will become a very good keeper. He is still learning and this season is learning a new way of playing, to become the start of every attack. At times his decision making in releasing the ball can be slow, and the mistake against Luton was glaring. But just remember that Jordan Hugill equally cost us a goal against Wigan. Thankfully both mistakes didn't effect the final result in either game.

Great post. My mate pointed out that shots on target don't take uinto account blocked shots, and Luton were literally chucking bodies in the way of shots that otherwise might well have gone in. Stats can be misleading.

Bare bones.

3 Points from Top on 15:06 - Sep 16 with 2258 viewsLongsufferingR

3 Points from Top on 14:44 - Sep 16 by Antti_Heinola

Great post. My mate pointed out that shots on target don't take uinto account blocked shots, and Luton were literally chucking bodies in the way of shots that otherwise might well have gone in. Stats can be misleading.

????? Well how is any shot counted as on target unless it's a goal then? If it's heading for the goal, it's either blocked by a defender, an attacker, the goalkeeper or it goes in.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2019 15:07]
3 Points from Top on 15:10 - Sep 16 with 2247 viewsCroydonCaptJack

3 Points from Top on 14:31 - Sep 16 by BazzaInTheLoft

No, that we lost that Bristol away game due to errors.

ok, fair enough but I stand by that.
First half we controlled without creating many (if any) good chances. However, we started the second half much better and were creating chances just before the throw in error. After that incident our heads went down. I think it changed the game completely.
3 Points from Top on 15:16 - Sep 16 with 2231 viewsenfieldargh

3 Points from Top on 13:55 - Sep 16 by DWQPR

Great post.

I'm not going to get my hopes up re where we finish this season I just want to enjoy watching this team of 25 squad/team players

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

3 Points from Top on 15:41 - Sep 16 with 2166 viewskensalriser

All we really know so far is that we appear to have a game plan and are playing some decent stuff that's allowing us to beat mid and lower teams, but not good enough to avoid two goal margin defeats in both games v upper placed opposition.

I've yet to see a game this season so can't really comment on this best football in 50 years stuff, but would be amazed if it isn't irrational over-exuberance, considering some of the seasons those 50 years encompass.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

3 Points from Top on 16:02 - Sep 16 with 2115 viewsCroydonCaptJack

3 Points from Top on 15:41 - Sep 16 by kensalriser

All we really know so far is that we appear to have a game plan and are playing some decent stuff that's allowing us to beat mid and lower teams, but not good enough to avoid two goal margin defeats in both games v upper placed opposition.

I've yet to see a game this season so can't really comment on this best football in 50 years stuff, but would be amazed if it isn't irrational over-exuberance, considering some of the seasons those 50 years encompass.

Well I actually witnessed those two goal margin defeats and funnily enough the whole story isn't just in the final score.
3 Points from Top on 20:58 - Sep 16 with 1934 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

3 Points from Top on 15:41 - Sep 16 by kensalriser

Every women looks like Kelly Brook after a long stretch with just Big Dave for a bunkmate, but yeah it’s alright.
3 Points from Top on 21:51 - Sep 16 with 1820 viewsPommyhoop

3 Points from Top on 20:58 - Sep 16 by BazzaInTheLoft

Every women looks like Kelly Brook after a long stretch with just Big Dave for a bunkmate, but yeah it’s alright.

MMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Katie Boyle

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024